8.6 Excellent

Traverse City, Michigan

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Holiday Park Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $54.00

Stay here, you won't be sorry. This is the most beautiful park I've ever seen. I consider it to be reasonably priced for what you get. It's close to Traverse City, has a beach front, a boat dock, a bunch of playgrounds for the kids, and is overall just a beautiful place. Each spot has it's own character and charm. There are interior spots that are more shaded where the permanents are, and the other spots are located in mostly sun lots. But even those are quite nice. The island loop is beautiful just to walk around. Bath houses were very clean and well taken care of. Also, it's an Airstream park, so there are a ton of Airstreams. If you like seeing them, you'll see every make and model here. It was probably 60% full of Airstreams when we stayed. Seriously though, check this place out. You won't regret it. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $47.00

Well maintained park. The roads are asphalt and the sites have a thick layer of gravel so it's not dusty. It poured while we were there and the water drained off the sites. If there had been a site on the lake available we would have spent the extra money to get one, they are awesome. We stayed in the purple section which was fine and has partial shade. There is a playground area in just about every loop. There are trash cans conveniently located throughout the park which are emptied daily, but no recycling. Plenty of grass for dog walking and many poop bag dispensers. There are young and old trees throughout the park, some areas much more wooded than others but that is explained on their website. Trees are well trimmed to keep away from rigs. My only complaint is that the wifi didn't work at all for us at any time - including during the week when there weren't many people there. Other RV parks are able to provide usable wifi so I know it can be done. I was able to use my Verizon hotspot. We didn't use the restroom but I looked in and they were clean. We don't do campfires but most people here do. Fire rings are at the back of the sites and far enough away from your neighbors fire. Hookups all worked well and where they should be. We would stay again if in the area. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Take the drive up Peninsula Dr to see the beautiful homes along the lake, then take the main road back to town and stop at wineries and roadside honor system produce stands. So much produce here in the summer! We went to the Music House Museum on a rainy day and really enjoyed it. Many great breweries in town. Sleeping Bear Dunes is a must!

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $56.00

There is no question that this is a very well maintained and clean campground. Although we were usually out and about during the day, the park maintenance staff must have been out in force when we were away, as the grass was always neat, and the numerous trash receptacles were always empty. The sites are a tad close together and we had to park our toad on an odd angle in order to keep it off of the roadway and not destroy the grass or site number posts. The CG is right along a very busy highway, so there is traffic noise all day long, but it does quiet down at night. Unfortunately, my biggest complaint, and the reason for the lower site score, was the lack of a Wi-Fi signal. I could see three Wi-Fi antennas in our loop, but the only way I could get a signal was to drive to the antenna with my laptop and sit in the car checking my email. I am far from being a techie, but I don't believe the problem was too many people using the service and streaming videos or downloading large files. I just think the coverage was not up to par. In this day and age of relying on the Internet for just about everything, if you are going to provide a service, it should be reasonably accessible to all. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $65.00

We got extremely lucky and got one of the nicest sites in the park. The site might be the nicest we have EVER seen. It had a beautiful large gravel pull in pad with a manicured grassy strip that faced the lake.You walked up stairs to get to the shaded fire pit area (also had a tent pad up there). The rest of the park seemed really nice with playgrounds, etc. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Holiday Park Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $56.00

Very nice clean park. Paved roads throughout. Sites are gravel and level. Both open sunny spots and shaded spots available. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Only negative is that it is a little pricey but isn't everything now? We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Great location for site seeing in Traverse City area and Sleeping Bear Dunes.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

This park made for a very pleasant stay. It is very clean, well laid out, easy to maneuver through, and quiet. The sites are gravel and level, with grass between the sites. There are some sites that are fairly open, enabling a good satellite fix, and some areas that are very well shaded. The roads are all paved and easy to maneuver, and there is a back gate that makes leaving very easy. The utility hookups are located towards the back of the site, which caused us to pull more of our water hose,electrical cable, and sewer hose out than we normally do, but that didn't present much of a problem for us. There also is plenty of room for walking the dogs. The drive into We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

The walk down Front Street and the boardwalk is a must do. While here we had a chance to take in the Farmer's Market where we found lots of fresh produce, cherries, as well as baked goods. Don't miss an opportunity to drive up 37 to Peninsula Township and Lighthouse Point. There are several nice wineries on the trip that offer tastings and tours and the end of the trip offers a visit to the lighthouse and it's beach. Bring a picnic lunch and some wine for a nice ending to the trip.

Traverse city was a short one and there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding areas.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $39.00

Great park. A lot of seasonal campers, but I was there in late Sept, so park at least 3/4 empty. Very level site, water view, easiest back in I have ever had. Stayed 3 nights and would definetly stay here again. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $56.00

What a beautiful resort on Silver Lake! Apparently it used to be an Airstream only park, so there are still many of them there and they are just so cool to look at! Lots of sites are actually owned by people so they are nicely landscaped and several have porches/patios. You see the pride of ownership everywhere, which is so refreshing. Our site even had a porch swing! We were on site 102 which is part of the "woods". Sites there were large, private, and had plenty of foliage between them. Cable, WIFI, and cell phone service (Verizon) were all excellent. Beach was beautiful. Only complaint is that there were lots of golf carts and they were all driving too fast. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Route 31 is very busy so turning left out of the campground (especially with an RV) can be hazardous. There is an exit only gate (right turn only) available within the campground that takes you to Route 31 safely. The office pointed it out to us when we registered.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed here for 3 days. Very quiet, large pull through sites and within 7 miles of town. Staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Would stay here again. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $47.00

The park is huge with a lake for fishing and a swimming beach. We stayed in the "ridge" area which is not the pretty, woodsy area but typical at many parks for the big rigs and pull thru sites. They have recently planted a lot of trees so in the future this part may be woodsy too. The sites were nice and spacious but what we did NOT like was the placement of our fire pit. It was on the other side of a tree right next to the road. If we were to have put chairs around the fire we would have been sitting in the street. Our neighbor's fire pit was right next to our vehicle. You literally stepped out of the truck into their pit. We bought wood but had to return it since we couldn't use it - they didn't seem to awfully concerned. A great place to stay while exploring the area though. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $65.00

Holiday Park Campground is a very nice park. There are quite a few seasonal sites where the renters (I believe) have done a beautiful job landscaping their sites. Our site when we arrived at the park was near the busy highway and there was lots of noise. I realized that I had messed up on my dates and needed to add an extra night. When I went back to the office, the site we were on was booked for the extra day we needed but the nice lady got us on another site which was available for the duration of our stay. This site had a nice water view ans was back away from the traffic. The highway is very busy and difficult to get on, going east, out of the park. The park offers an automatic gate on a more quiet road. You do have to go about a mile out of the way to get back on east/north 31 but with a trailer or a motorhome, it is necessary. If you get down in the area of the island sites, be aware that the road loops around and you'll need to be careful if you have a big motorhome or longer trailer. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

If you like to kayak or boat, the campground is right on Silver Lake. For a small inland lake, this is one of the most amazingly clear lakes I have seen. There are lots of things to do in Traverse City including a great farmers' market right downtown. There are quite a few wineries. We went to the Chateau Grand Traverse Winery which had live music and several wine flight choices. As a side trip, take a drive up to Leland, a quaint fishing village up the peninsula.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $54.00

We stayed in the new section and cannot comment about the older section except it appeared to have a lot of tree canopy, so It may be hard to get a satellite signal. The new section added an exit and path to the traffic light on US-31, so the left turn problem should be solved. This is a nice park with strong WIFI and a lot of doggie stations. I am here on a weekend, and there are several kids about, but noise is not a problem. Sites are mostly level with young trees growing about. Lot of space in between sites. Road is a paved and a little narrow coming in, but I had no trouble with my 40 footer. Site is gravel. I would stay again. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Z06

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $56.00

Stayed over Memorial day weekend. We stayed in a wooded site with FHU. No satellite TV service but on air stations available and park has cable. Good Verizon signal for our phones and jet pack. Park has WiFi but we did not use. Site was pretty level with picnic table and fire pit. Park was busy on the holiday weekend but not rowdy. We would stay again. Everyone was pleasant and polite. We were parked next to the shower house and thought it would be too much traffic but it was not a problem. Road noise was present but not annoying. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

site 3

We went for a couple of day trips. There are plenty of things to do in the area. We like this area and will come back again. Traffic on US-31 is constantly busy.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $39.00

We stayed 5 nights in a 40 ft motorhome with dinghy. This is a very nice well groomed campground with easy to navigate roads and sites. Level with plenty of gravel. The laundry and bathhouse are very clean. There are plenty of playgrounds for kids and it's on a pretty lake. The only minor drawback is having to turn left onto 31 South as it's a very busy road. We would stay here again. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $37.00

We stayed 5 nights during a fall color trip. Campground was wonderful, clean, well maintained. Several smaller cul d sac type areas where you would only have a few neighbors. Beautiful view of Silver Lake. Had a great time. We camped at Holiday Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Only six miles from Traverse City, if you can't find anything to do there somethings wrong!!

Featured Campgrounds Near Holiday Park Campground

Are you affiliated with Holiday Park Campground ?