Detroit Greenfield RV Park

• Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $65.00

Arriving in this park was not a good experience. We were given a map to our site that sent us down a narrow path with low trees that scraped the top of our RV and were unable to enter our site because of the wrong directions. The lady in the office (a work camper) admitted she had marked the map incorrectly, but no one came out to help us get into the site. No one was particularly concerned about the scratches to our coach. When we asked about a number of their pull through sites that were in the open, we were told those would need to be held for weekend guests. Our reservations were made well in advance, and we stayed a week, but they refused to put us there. Those sites stayed empty except for the weekend. This park is more of a fishing camp. It is very dirty with lots of trailers in poor repair with lots of junk. The roads are dirt (no gravel). We were there to go to The Henry Ford Museum which is not far. We will not stay there again. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $47.00

We stayed for two days before visiting family in Canada. When we made the reservation we were told it was a nice spot by the lake. Check in was easy and staff seemed friendly. Getting into our site was not. Trees are close by and road had tight turns. Having a 33' trailer, which we explained when we booked, it was difficult to get into. Upon leaving we had to pull through the site across from us as we were unable to make the turn onto the "road' in front of us. The site was level and did back up to the lake however it had a view of the owners back yard with their dog. They also have chickens clucking, feathers all over and, of course, the roosters crowing. There is a nature walk around the lake and it's pretty quiet area. Stores and gas are convenient. I don't think we'd stay again because of the site we were given. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

I can not say enough bad about my experience here. From the rude staff that booked my reservation, to the site barely big enough for my rig even though they asked how big it is when I made the reservation, to the complete lack of hospitality during my stay, the experience was horrible. I stayed there for two weeks while working in the area. My car could not fit behind my RV and I constantly had to move it so people could get in and out of spots near me with their rigs. The staff was not helpful at all and said that my 36' motor home and Honda should fit. That was not physically possible. Low hanging branches also scratched my roof. The showers were always filthy, the water was heavily chlorinated, only cold water as an option in the laundromat where they refuse to turn on the AC in August. I will never stay there again. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Stay in another campground where the staff cares.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $58.00

The worst campground experience we have had. The site charge is the beginning of your costs. Want to use water slide, pay extra, children's activities, pay extra...on and on. Can't take your own kayaks, have to rent theirs.Try to talk to manager, expect to be bullied, told to leave without refunding monies and treated rudely. The sites are extremely small and cramped together...would never go back. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

We didn't have the problems others have reported but we were only here to visit The Henry Ford with no children. We were in a pull through out front which was fine. Good power and sewer. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Don't expect to have too much fun, they will shut you down even before 11pm. Security is rude and the elderly woman working there will complain about anything that makes noise. Keep your kids, pets and music at home, they don't want to hear it! I will not be back!! We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

We booked sites for multiple dates by calling and wanting to be on the lake side by side with my in laws. We called the first day they opened for the season. We went for Mother's Day weekend and those sites fit great, but we went to see the sites for the other weekends and they were too small. We went to the office directly after seeing them and they said there's nothing they could do. She even called the owner to the office and he said the same thing. He wasn't willing to work with us at all. The only thing he was willing to do was refund us our deposits and book us for different weekends. We had family and friends already planning on coming there for memorial weekend and the 4th of July. Now the other campgrounds are booked and we have nowhere to go. Very sad! We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

If I was debating on going there or somewhere else, I'd go somewhere else.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $46.00

Office personal at desk and throughout stay not overly friendly. Closed office/store on Friday @7pm! People turned away behind me and were checking in!

Maintenance staff don't appear professional. Wagon ride was a tractor going in 5th gear super fast with the driver had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Owner very argumentive with problems at site. We are retired and he even threatened to throw us out!

Area in back was all dirt. Tight with trees. Many run down permanent trailers in there.

This campground needs TLC. ASAP. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

Greenfield Village

Fast food,pharmacy, shopping close

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

We had a lakefront space which was very nice and shady. The fire ring was sunk into the ground and filled with previous tenant's ash and some garbage. Had to clean it out before using. The site itself was littered with cigarette butts which I found very unappealing. This seemed to be a theme, as we saw a lot of butts littered around the grassy and dirt areas.

My husband chose this park due to it's proximity to an event we were attending in Dearborn and for the lake and water slide. The weather was nice, but overcast while we were in town and the slide was closed while we were there, even though they allowed people to swim in the lake, saying the weather was too dangerous for the slide to be open. That was a disappointment. My husband and kids did go swimming in the lake, but it lasted about 10 minutes because they said it was too shallow (in the area that was roped off) and too crowded with wild kids. Not a lot of parental supervision.

The shower area and restrooms were fairly clean and nice - no better or worse than most campground facilities. They sold firewood on site, which was nice, but anything else you wanted to buy at the camp store was hugely marked up ($3.29 for a half gallon of milk.) Luckily, stores were not too far away.

Apparently the campground lets in day users to the lake and picnic areas for a fee. So, the people you see there, especially during the weekend, may not necessarily be fellow campers. It's a private lake, so I guess they can do what they want...but it added to the numbers at the beach area.

I would only recommend this place for it's location. If we come back to the area we will try to find another place first, but if we can't we would settle for this one. Not a glowing review, I know, but not a glowing experience. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $44.00

This is a very busy, former KOA park located on a small, private lake. Swimming is in the lake, with boat rentals available. Fishing is also available as catch & release but I never saw anyone catch a fish. Most sites are in heavy shade and all are dirt with little gravel and no grass. Sites have a table and fire ring but our ring was partially filled with trash and remained that way for the 4 days we were there. It was very dusty but part of that was due to the lack of rain in the area.

Service was the best part of the park as the staff do seem to give extra effort to accommodate. Other than the dirt, our site was nice but the sewer connection was slightly higher than our dump valves so using it was very difficult, requiring the lower and raising of the hose to finish draining each tank. The park is far enough from Detroit to avoid most of the security issues the city is known for, yet has good access to the attractions to be found there.

Showers can best be described as adequate, as they are reasonably clean but have no place to sit while dressing and only some hooks to hang your clothing and personal items. Ample hot water is available and there were enough to seldom require a wait.

Lawns are in desperate need of water, which may be due to the dry year that they are experiencing. There is some litter blowing about and there were many children darting through sites between our RV and our table, sometimes on bikes and there seem to be many barking dogs with staff paying no apparent attention to the problem. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Do not miss the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village!

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $48.00

When making your reservations, check with them about directions. Google Maps had us coming in on a road that they said had tight rotaries. They gave us directions that were much easier to follow. Sites are mostly grass and dirt mix but fairly level. Interior roads are easy to navigate but there are a few low trees to avoid. Wifi worked well. We will probably never go to the Detroit area again, but if we do, we'll stay here. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $42.00

They call this an RV park, but it falls short of most, no paved roads or sites, sites are extremely tight, no cable, activities need improvement(putt putt worn) place just seems tired. Staff was friendly. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $37.00

I asked if there was tax & told most likely but it isn't broken out so what is listed is what we paid for full hookup pull thru. Our rig is 35.5' long with a small car in tow and it was very tight gettting into our site with trees all around. A larger rig would be challenged. There appears to be qute a few long termers but as far as I could see nothing was messy. I gues if you are in the business you want long termers for income. The WIFI was excellent which is normally not the case. This is not an on/off the freeway campgrounnd, you have to drive a few miles in. Campground in on a lake and there is a roped off area that has a slide & waterpark like slide and in warmer weather that would be fun for all. Due to the many trees throughout the park the sites are fit in around them. We have had worse. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $42.00

An old former KOA campground. Some sites up front are out in the open most are back in the trees. Sites are grass/gravel/dirt and muddy when it rains. The roads are gravel/dirt and also muddy when wet. Our site was level with well placed hookups. With a little cleaning and paving this could be a nice RV park. The park's wifi was weak with no internet connection. Tried three different devises, all connected to the wifi but none had internet connection. Office said it was working properly???? We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

This place works if you need a place to stay in the Detroit area. It's the closest we could find to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. The staff was friendly. We took Uber (like a Taxi) to the museum - about $35 each way. The sites out front in the non-shaded area are fairly neat with adequate space in between, but there's a real junky area back in the woods where long-term residents live. The WiFi is a joke - didn't work except once at 6 a.m. The lake is nice with a big slide kids must love. But the beach itself is tiny with hardly any sand and it can be muddy. Verizon phone and data works well. We camped at Detroit Greenfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Detroit Greenfield RV Park ?