Riverbend Campground

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Riverbend Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $35.00

Watch out for this one. False advertising on linked website! We called ahead to check availability, and were told nothing about the discrepancies in the amenities listed on the website. We arrived expecting to pay $15, and to receive a full-hook-up site (water, electric, and sewer). When we got there we were told there were no full-hook-up sites in the park, and that the rate was $35.00!! Having just completed a long day of driving, then traveling another 8 miles off the interstate to get to this park, we paid the $35.00 out of frustration. The dumpsite is unlevel, and the water hose is too short for flushing (can’t connect your own hose, either); so we will have to incur another cost to dump at a proper facility. Trees have low-hanging branches, making many sites unapproachable. We didn’t even look at the restrooms or showers, expecting the worse. Fortunately, the water and electric services were good (at least our $35 got us something!). It’s a shame, because this park has great potential... but the owners don’t seem motivated to make any changes or improvements. Given that I had called earlier in the day to ask about availability, and given that she is totally aware of the ‘improperly” advertised rates and amenities on the website, she should either have told me so on the phone, or adjusted the rate when I arrived. She did neither. We would never come back. We camped at Riverbend Campground in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $15.00

I had a reservation for one night but chose not to stay here. My main complaint is that I do not consider this campground big rig friendly, contrary to the information in a prior review, or after a discussion with the campground owner. When I arrived about 2:00 p.m. on a Wednesday, there was no one in the office. I called the number for guidance but no one answered the phone. I walked the grounds but did not see any sites that I felt comfortable using. I tow my 40 foot fifth wheel with a semi truck, so to be fair it is bigger/heavier than most rigs. My concern was with low hanging branches, unlevel sites, and many sites looked soft from recent rainfall. I was concerned with getting stuck or damaging the grounds while pulling into a grassy site. This looked to be a casual campground that would accommodate smaller, lighter rigs for a reasonable price. However, big rigs should go elsewhere. We camped at Riverbend Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2006 - $30.00

Pleasant riverside sites. New owners, nice people, on site. Trying really hard to upgrade the campground. We camped at Riverbend Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Riverbend Campground

Are you affiliated with Riverbend Campground ?