A-J Acres Campground

Clearwater, Minnesota

Cudpal

We decided not to stay here once we had a conversation with the lady at the front desk. We stopped in at about 8PM just looking for a place to park and sleep and be on our way by 8AM the next morning. The individual was very rude and really didn't want us to stay. It was if it was to much work and when she gave me the price for 7 people she had the nerve to say you might as well stay at a hotel because it will be cheaper. From the outside things looked nice but if that is how people in Minnesota treat people passing through, We camped at A-J Acres Campground in a Travel Trailer.

smores

We read many of the reviews the day that we left. Wasn't sure what to expect. Having stayed only one night we can say the negative reviews are more than accurate. The campground is filthy. The sites are nothing but sand. Mud for us since it rained the entire evening. I thought we could tolerate the sandy conditions, but even die hard like us could not stand it for more than one night. There is no game room as advertised. Also, the petting zoo is a long walk for most campers and is nothing special. A couple wandering goats, a llama and a donkey are what we saw. The beach was disgusting. There were cigarette butts and litter all over. The seasonal crowd wasn't the most welcoming. They complained loudly about "weekenders" coming in. There also was excessive swearing and drinking at the beach. After 45 minutes I decided it was not the best place for our young children to be. I even felt uncomfortable. At night, it was noisy with loud campers and dogs barking constantly. The first thing we did the next morning was pack up and leave. I do not suggest this campground, especially to those with young children. We camped at A-J Acres Campground in a Travel Trailer.

jackmroz

We were heading home from vacation when we decided to look for a campground for our last night on the road. We made a major mistake by picking A-J Acres. When we turned onto their dirt road we were immediately struck by the roads disrepair. For the mile it took us to drive back to the campground we were jolted and jarred by the wash-board condition of the dirt road. The speed sign of 30 mph must be meant for Baja racers as we could barely maintain 3 mph with all the bouncing our truck and coach were taking. In all my years of travels, this road was by far the worst I ever had to drive on to get to a campground. When we finally managed to get into the campground, and into the office, I asked about the rough and deplorable condition of their road. The guy behind the counter just shrugged his shoulders and said they can't get the township to run a grader over it to smooth it over. In my opinion if I owned this place I would buy my own drag and pull it up and down the road with my lawn tractor. Anything is better then nothing... I also asked about a full hook up site and was told they were all spoken for. Later when we took a walk in the park I observed many full hookup sites sitting empty. Another thing about this CG is that it's very old and in desperate need of upgrading and repair. When we were given the map of our campsite the guy just pointed up the hill and told me to just pick a site. He told us to look for site numbers on the trees and to pull in. Well to make a long story short there turned out to only be a couple small, faded number signs on a few trees so it was almost impossible to determine what site we were actually in. All in all, I suggest anyone who wants to camp in this area look elsewhere for a campground. This is one poor excuse for a campground in my opinion. We camped at A-J Acres Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

sfranks

We made reservations intending to stay a week, but left after only 1 night. The park looks great when you drive up to the security gate to check in. However, the goodness stops there. Our site was much too small for a big rig, very muddy and littered with trash from neighbors and previous occupants. It seemed most of the tenants of the park were there long term and their units in a state of disrepair with a lot of clutter around. After going to bed around 11 PM we awoke to noises outside our coach only to find upon investigating that a couple of children from a larger group had chosen our site for a hiding spot during a game of hide and seek. One had crawled under our coach the other was actually up on the top wrung of our roof ladder. Their parents were at the site next to ours "visiting" ( ie. drunk out of their minds) and thought it quite funny when we asked if they would keep their kids off our coach. As we walked away one muttered " _______ overnighters!! Think they own the place". If they would add a banjo player this park would be a good place for a remake of the movie Deliverance. We camped at A-J Acres Campground in a Motorhome.

dschwark

Bathrooms were very bad. Bugs in sinks for multiple days in a row. Cobwebs everywhere. Toilets unflushed. Campsites were not marked very well, hard to find our site, no one available to help us find our spot. No grass, all sand, and dirt sites. Staff was not helpful at all. All dirt roads, and roads not maintained very well. We camped at A-J Acres Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with A-J Acres Campground?