Indian Point Campground

Duluth, Minnesota

Recent Rate: $40 10/2013

Longitude: -92.1908926963806

LoveShack

The campground itself was very pretty and had trails that hooked up to local hiking trails where we geocached a couple times. It was poorly run, however. The office was closed when we arrived so the only assistance we had checking in was from the wife of the camp host that really had no idea what was going on. The site we were given was basically a giant mud puddle so we asked to move to one of the many empty sites available, which she begrudgingly allowed us to do. Because the campground was mostly empty Canada geese had overrun the place and therefore so did their droppings so we really didn't hang out outside much. My husband used the restrooms once and then forbid me from even entering the building because they were so gross - and coming from my unsqueamish hubby - that's saying a lot. Thankfully we were just passing through so we only stayed here one night. Probably wouldn't go back. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Travel Trailer.

RD55127

Stayed here for two nights in early August. Large park-like setting with dense woods around the perimeter. The pull thrus and 50 Amp power books early so we ended up with a back in 30 Amp with water which was on the perimeter closest to the St. Louis River. The sites are adequate but can be a challenge to level your larger rigs as many of the perimeter spaces are not very flat. The 30 Amp power was good and we had no problems with our appliances but didn't run any of the AC units as it was cool outside at night. The staff is very friendly and will do whatever they can to make your visit enjoyable. Just don't be alarmed when your GPS starts routing you through a residential neighborhood - the park is at the end of the road. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Motorhome.

johnrobertpowers

The park located near I35 is located on the ST Louis River. It has large mature trees with reasonable shade. Only a few sites have sewage, but most have water and electric. We use 30 amps, but I saw 50 amp rigs in the park. The park and grounds are maintained and clean. The sites are not large but reasonable; the pads are gravel and reasonably level. It’s a dog friendly park, with abundant area to walk your dogs, especially on the river. We connected to DTV from our site (34). Connection looks possible from most sites. Version cell signal was 3 bar (4G). The restrooms and showers are okay. They are reasonably clean, but could be better. One of the two sinks was stopped up. The laundry area is neglected and untidy; the equipment is old and rundown. The park is not exceptional, but not-ordinary either. I would certainly come back. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

jpadc

It was busy at the campground with nearly every site filled. Still, it was very pleasant, reasonably quiet and comfortable. Many sites have "views" to the river, but none are on it. All individuals managing the campground that I interacted with were courteous and helpful. The campground needs additional restroom / shower facilities as they don't have nearly enough to support the place when its full. I hope the city will invest in upgrading the electric and water systems here. They are adequate, but older and should be updated before the minor problems other have reported become more serious. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Motorhome.

mary mcmoo

LOVED it here. Quiet, right in town, but not noisy. Beautiful river view and walking paths. The staff was super nice and helpful. We did not have any water troubles as mentioned in other reviews. We had a full hookup pull through and they are a little tight, but overall, I would stay here no doubt. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

hahnderosa

Great campground! Lots of trees and shade with easy access to a bike/hike trail and close to Duluth by auto. The manager provided the best set of directions I have ever received over the phone and was very nice when we arrived. We will stay here again. Good antenna TV reception. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Motorhome.

AluminumCloud

Lucky to arrive early in the day, we were offered 3 sites to check before choosing.  Our site was in dappled shade, not all sites have shade, as it appears some huge trees were lost in the last few years.  Our site was level gravel.  All the reviewers earlier mentioning a water hose as the source of water are not kidding. We also did not find the spigot for the clean cold water.  All the grassy areas were closely mowed.  The restroom building looked brand new, and was being painted, but I did not make it inside to check.  The pull through sites were located close to each other.  Our site on the St. Louis River - a waterfront site -  was wide, and green.  Our site, as all the others on the lakefront, was separated from the lake and views by a patch of trees and brush - then a walking and bicycling path.  So the trees do stop every walker from your seeming to be in the campsites.  We spent some time in the evening on one of the docks - watching a deer feed, a beaver swim, ducks landing, fox running, frogs leaping, dragonflies hovering, and a doe with 2 fawns swim across to the island. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Glory Bee

Great location in West Duluth. Very dusty, new managers nice but seem to still be learning the ropes. Would stay here again. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Travel Trailer.

carlie dalton

This is a very nice campground. New management has made a big difference. They even have Wi-Fi now, and new showers and toilets. Everything is clean and ready to use. Also, good communication and response to questions. Love the view and the scenery - lots of room for the kids to play. Location is great - right on the Western Waterfront Trail and the St. Louis River. We rented kayaks and had a blast! I'd recommend to all my friends. It's a great way to see Duluth. Check out the new web site -- it gives you lots more information about things to do and see. Love it! We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Motorhome.

Mncamper

I've heard new management is making the place nicer, but we've had issues in the past with gross bathrooms, having to share water with multiple sites, and extremely wet sites when camping in the rain. There are nice bike trails, both off-road and the Munger Trail nearby. They have an area to pull your boats up on shore, but you have to awkwardly walk through sites to get there. May stay again if we hear things continue to get better. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Travel Trailer.

SW Ohio Travelers

The good: Check-in went smoothly, we'd made reservations online. Site (#43) was level with some shade. The bad: Water hookup was a hose laying back in the weeds, connected to a tap somewhere, never did find it! Voltage was low, 114 V., even tho the transformer was right in front of our site. Read the other reviews of this campground, they pretty much tell the story of bureaucratic mismanagement and neglect. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Jim J

We had an awful experience here, arriving during a rainstorm. As it was in the evening, around 7pm, the campground was filled with RVs. There must have been some local event going on, but we were only overnighting. It was very difficult maneuvering around to our site, a pull-through, having to dodge units sticking out of their sites into the roadway. Most of the roadway was covered in water and our site was virtually in a pond. There appeared to be very little drainage or runoff control with water accumulating everywhere. It made connections a little dicey to say the least. I had to set-up wading in 6 inches of water dragging my hose, sewer tube, and power cord through standing water and having to leave them there. Looking at the units around me, it appeared that others were in the same situation as I. We will not stay here again. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Motorhome.

mikelpn

This campground is owned by the city of Duluth, and managed by Munger Inn. I don't have much nice to say about this campground, and I will NEVER return. When you have the city or local government managing ANYTHING, you are bound to have the poorest service ANYWHERE. 1. Computer access in office area for campers to make reservations for tours or events. The computer is broken, and no sign it will ever be fixed. 2. Bathrooms are usually dirty, with stuff on the floor, and dirty sinks. The Coin-operated shower is COLD. 3. Handicapped shower hose broken, door handle missing on both sides of main entry door. There is poor ventilation, cobwebs and spiderwebs in corners and the concrete floor is dirty. 4. Electrical hookups are not marked well, so my neighbor flipped my circuit breaker by mistake, shutting off my a/c in my camper on 83 degree day. Fridge food spoiled and a hot camper upon return of all day activities. 5. Firewood is expensive and is terrible. It is hard to get lit, and the kindling they sell, didn't help. I don't care what DNR says: I am bringing my own pallet firewood everywhere I go. I'm tired of buying local firewood that is crappy. 6. Potholes that are unfilled year after year. 7. Fire ring is not cleaned out. Full of half burned wood, glass, garbage. THE POOR CONDITIONS IN THIS PARK DO NOT CHANGE YEAR TO YEAR. Office workers blame it on the city that nothing improves, and I guess I believe them. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND CAMP SOMEWHERE ELSE, even if it is more expensive. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Travel Trailer.

TravellinTam

A nice park, a little open for our liking but quiet and peaceful near the river. Staff were friendly and the overall mood of the park was good. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Travel Trailer.

whizbang

Nice little park. We stayed in #3, a full hook-up, 50A, partially shaded, level, gravel site. No problems. Our 38 foot DP fit easily with room to spare. There is a gravel water front walk, a pier canoe launch, and the paved Munger trail. If the weather was better, we'd stay here a while. Lots of recreational opportunities. The park has a park-like feel. A bit muddy in wet weather, but otherwise okay. The Wifi worked great. We camped at Indian Point Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Indian Point Campground?