Wapiti Park Campgrounds

Elk River, Minnesota

• yes-river Waterfront

PDDeen

Old, poorly maintained park. Roads are dirt as are the spaces. Many longterm residents and many motorcycles and 4 wheelers. Some grass but thin. Too much bird crap everywhere to enjoy being outside. Peafowl and guineas everywhere and they are really noisy especially when about 10 of them gather under you rig and start their screeching at 6 am. WiFi is non-existent. Manager said it was working in her mother-in-law's house but I stood under the antenna and had zero signal. This was true for the 2 days we were in the park. We camped at Wapiti Park Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

aliciak

I have been camping at Wapiti Park campground for over 10 years. The seasonal campers and the full-time campers are all very nice and very helpful. The animals on the property, (they do not have emu's any more), are of course caged and not walking around the campgrounds, and are beautiful. I know that my kids love to go and see the donkeys, horses, chickens and much more. The river is one of the most calm I have ever been in and one of the cleanest. We love to float down the river from the beginning of the campground until the end of the campground. Sometimes we even sneak a midnight float in, of course the owner is always watching and telling us to be careful: even at my age of 38. From the time I was 18 until 27 my family and I jumped from campground to campground. However since we found Wapiti, we have not been to another campground. We camped at Wapiti Park Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

kasr123

I have been camping at Wapiti Park Campgrounds for over 10 years and I absolutely love it! There are 2 parks for the children, swimming, fishing, and tubing in the river. There are 2 bath houses that are very clean. The showers have plenty of hot water. The office supplies many things including ice, firewood, propane, pizza, beer, pop and many more items! The staff is friendly and helpful. Thanks Wapiti for all the good years! We camped at Wapiti Park Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

I thought that Wippiti campgrounds was one of the most charming campgrounds I've ever visited. Originally we were going to KOA in Rogers but found Wippiti on the Internet and decided to check it out. When we arrived, we noticed an over abundance of friendliness among it's guests and staff. Two "seasonal" guests approached us and helped us locate our spot and hookups. We later went to the main building and noticed a rather small but cheerful group of peacocks, emus and other birds fenced in what looked like a small petting zoo. The main building offers a convenience store, bathrooms, laundry, game rooms etc. Guests are also permitted to bring cocktails inside while visiting other people. The atmosphere is about as friendly as I have ever seen, another interesting point is a section of the campground with "Vintage" campers. some of these units go all the way back to the 60's and 70's. I think a lot of these units are original campers from when the place was first built. It says a lot about a place when you see guests staying there year after year for decades. We camped at Wapiti Park Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Ron & Sandy

I can't believe the previous reviewer was in the same Elk River, Wapiti Park that we were in! The sites are very small and close together; electric service, at least for non-permanent campers is 20 amp and there are NO sewer hook-ups available except in the seasonal or permanent sites. All but a few sites are filled with seasonal or full time residents complete with tool sheds, old cars and trash. The first site they offered us was so small I thought they had made a mistake-- that it wasn't a site at all, plus the electric outlet and water tap was being used by adjacent campers. Then they offered a site next to a permanent camper with a chain link dog kennel (complete with 3 barking Labs) in the back. As much as I love Labs, I wanted to leave at this point but they have, of course, a NO REFUND policy. Once they have your money you can leave if you want and tough luck--indeed, someone in the office as much as said that to me, twice! Finally the owner came by and offered us their group site. This was on the river, grassy, and large enough that we didn't need to look at other campers trash. The Elk River is very muddy and we had no desire to get in it. Oh yes, there are Emus walking around. Would we come back?--NO, NEVER, not under any circumstances. We camped at Wapiti Park Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

Barb Durham

What a great campground! Very laid back, lots of year-round (in Minnesota!) older rigs, very friendly, and GORGEOUS: treed, and a river runs through it! Dirt roads, grassy sites, peacocks, emus, a penned deer, horse pasture, playgrounds, laundry. The "Clubhouse" has pool, darts, a few groceries, and a BAR! Not for the concrete/gravel/pad/sauna/pool types probably, but there's a rope swing out over the river! We loved it. We camped at Wapiti Park Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Wapiti Park Campgrounds?