Moorhead Fargo Campground

Moorhead, Minnesota

Recent Rate: $1 1/2012

Longitude: -96.7065954208374

User3761

Hi, As per the Campground Website the location is closed for 2012 and available for lease. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Motorhome.

Collie Campers

Sadly-not much in this area w/ Full hook-ups so-GOOD LUCK. 3 days here was long enough. When we arrived another camper had their vehicle parked in our area as they were told no one was coming into that site even though we had made reservations 2 months in advance, and called them to confirm that morning. We thought the 'dog park' was a good thing until we saw it. It was not mowed and we would of lost site of our new puppy in it. However the check-in girl happily showed us where it was located on the map with no mention of it's lack of up-keep. Some sites so wet/mucky that it made the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes, and we left there with all the bites to prove it. I could go on & on but I think you get the point. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

laker403

If there was a zero rating I would have given that. It's no longer a KOA; is now Moorhead Fargo Campground. Muddy, narrow sites, no effort to clean up things after too much rain, pool has no water; overflowing trash can by pool. I put two loads of laundry in before I discovered neither of the driers were working, and the young girl running the place gave me change for the washers and didn't mention it. None of the video games inside were working. The water from the tap was brown; luckily we had a filter to put on when we saw it. We would have driven an extra hundred miles if we'd known how bad this place is. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Motorhome.

2retreads

STAY AWAY! Woodall's still lists this place as a KOA. IT IS NOT! We arrived only after winding several miles through a residential neighborhood and then down a rough, potholed, ungraded road. Perhaps they lost access from the interstate when they lost KOA status. We had reserved a pull-through and when we arrived were told there was none. Sewer water had backed up into several sites, pumps were running and the ground was flooded almost everywhere. The resulting mosquitoes were vicious. Hook-ups were not well maintained and our site was right on top of the neighbors. There were several very run down rigs in what appeared to be permanent sites. Ugh! We left the first thing in the morning and will never return. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

scouter

Typical KOA, next to the interstate, so there is highway noise. Atypical of a KOA, this place had lots of grass. However, this campground had been hit with torrential rains the days before (11 inches over normal for the year) and most of the sites were flooded out, so you got to pick which site you wanted, which was the "dryest" but still had to walk through mud or water puddles. Owners were very cooperative about where you stayed. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Travel Trailer.

roytraveler

Park is not up to KOA standards. Grass needed mowing on many sites and ruts from previous rain had not been repaired. Teen girls at desk were friendly. Lots of mosquitoes and biting flies even though right next to the interstate. Not much choice if you want to stay in Fargo area. Don't plan to visit again. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Travel Trailer.

trailertrash

We would never stay here again. The long dirt road was bad enough, dry but terribly rutted and rough. The pull-through sites are awkwardly set up, two sites end to end with water on the curb side. There is a nice, fenced leash-off pet area. The price reflects water and electric only, and when we went to the dump station on leaving, it was clogged with standing water. An employee of the park was working on it. He reached for a concrete block placed nearby so as not to stand in the filth. It seemed the block had been there a while for that purpose. When we arrived we found the water was off and they forgot to tell us but got it on in a few hours. I am amazed that KOA lets them use their name. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

fosca

Like most KOA's, it's just off the interstate, but there is a rutted dirt road (in some places only one lane wide) for access. The place was partly flooded due to recent rains; before people could stay, the staff had to check out sites to see if they were underwater or not. The toilets had black shower curtains separating the toilet from each other and the shower area; no real door. Big ruts in the access roads as well as mud. The people at the desk were nice, when they were there (off-season it's only manned morning and evening). We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Motorhome.

butzpa

I wish I had known about, and read the reviews here before making reservations. The pool was green, you couldn't see to the bottom. The adults in our group chose not to swim, but there were kids in the pool: a major safety hazard. There were major cracks in the dirt and large ruts left by trailers. The bathrooms were disgusting. They told us they were preparing for an inspection and it seems they didn't bother cleaning until right before the inspectors got here. The showers and sinks were not even wiped down daily. The help wasn't much help, and there were times when no one was at the counter/store for quite a while. There wasn't much room between sites so it was a good thing we were with friends. Definitely more of a stopover for the night rather than an actual campground. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Tent Trailer.

jones4110

Wish I had read reviews before staying here. I can echo all the negative comments previously. We arrived in a dust bowl and left a mud bowl after a modest rain. Sites were muddy, not level, with no grass area (only drained mud puddles). What a mess! Still cleaning up motorhome. Keep driving or stay in the nasty Flying J parking lot in Fargo rather drive in the 2 miles plus of gravel farm roads. Even got lost leaving due to detours for construction. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Motorhome.

rdklemm

NO and NO again, made reservation 3 days in advance and they responded with directions to exit I-94 on Exit 6 and proceed on the north frontage road west 4 miles to there park. Its not a road fit for a 4 wheeler. Mud 6-9 inches deep and rutted with no way to turn around. Made it but damaged the wires to the brakes. (Ruts axle deep.) We did make it to the office and when I ask the manager why she sent us that way, she informed me it was a county problem, not hers. Well after seeing the trash around the park and the green pool, we requested our reservation be canceled, she did but charged us a $10 fee. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this park. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dan and Susan Thorstad

The pool was closed and filled with stagnant water. I'm not sure if they have plans to fix this. It's a little difficult to get here from the highway due to construction in the surrounding area. The road is dirt all the way in. The campground is nice with a lot of trees but the sites definitely need to be paved or at least gravel. There was a lot of rain two of the nights we stayed and our site ended up surrounded by water. Some of the bigger rigs ended up leaving tire trenches in the sites as they pulled out. If you can, I recommend staying at Lindenwood Park. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Grayhound

I have to agree with the previous camper. The acess road is gravel with mud or dust depending on the weather. We go here just after 5" of rain, and most of the sites were flooded. The site water was so bad it was yellow, and the pool was green. WIFI 60" from the office was a 4% too poor to even use. The pull through site are pull through only if there isn't anyone in front of you. I would drive another 100 miles even after a 400 mile day to get to another campground. Rate reflects KOA discount... they should have given alot more. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Motorhome.

RockenL

NO NO NO! Stay away from this mud hole. The road leading into the campground is some gravel and a lot of dirt. Frost heaves were terrible and made you think you might not make it through because of the soft road surface. Wi-Fi is lousy and sometimes you couldn't even get a signal. They have a pool but with out water in it I can't see it doing you much good. The grass has not been mowed for quite some time. The sites were not clean, in fact, I saw a woman go to the office and borrow a rake so she could clean up her site. There are deep ruts in pads. The roads inside the campground could use a lot of gravel. When making reservations the person on the phone acted like it would be a hard thing to do if I wanted to stay an extra night as she might not have a site for me. That was a big laugh since there was only five campers in the entire place. There is no one in the office from 1:00 until 4:00 so I found a site and set up and waited for the office to open. My reservations were even wrong as they had me coming in the following day. I gave her my confirmation number and she couldn't even find it but she did have my name down somewhere. I would have rated this campground a zero if I had the selection. This used to be a very nice campground but no more. I'm not sure but I think they are the only campground in the Fargo/Moorhead area and therefore can get by with just about whatever they want. We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Motorhome.

Awesome Navigator

We found this KOA to be quite nice. The park was in a grove of trees and on level ground. I say this because so many KOA parks seem to be in the hills. The spot was a nice pull thru. There was a RV in behind us on the second day. The WI-FI worked very well. It is right off the interstate but no road noise. It does have a dirt road for the last mile to the entrance. It is very convenient to Fargo and Moorhead. We would stay here again !! We camped at Moorhead Fargo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Wagner Park

Barnesville, Minnesota

St Paul East RV Park

Woodbury, Minnesota

Are you affiliated with Moorhead Fargo Campground ?