Moonlight Bay Resort & Campground

• Marina Marina yes
  • Golfing Golfing yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $40.00

This is a very picturesque place to camp or take your RV. Huge red and white pines along with big oak trees are everywhere. It is a huge complex with 95% of the units being seasonal. Had nice marina/dock system. Roads were paved, common areas were clean, and it certainly had curb appeal. There was no beach to swim, and the pool was average (was closed two of the four days we were there). This wouldn't be a place I'd bring kids.

They gouged you for almost anything they could except for bags of ice ($2 for 10 pound bag). Firewood was pricey and they short-changed us on the amount of wood. Luckily we snuck in some lumber which helped get our fires started. They charged $5 extra for each person if your group was more than two, so it was over $50 a night. We rented a pontoon ($100 for 4 hours). Nice 24 ft pontoon on the big lake. OK lodge-nothing fancy. Clean bathrooms and hot showers were a plus!

The customer service was good on the surface but a pain in the "you know what" when it was all over. Staff was courteous for the most part-nicest employee was the young man delivering firewood each night! The business side was maddening. I had to give them my CC number the day before to "reserve" the site. My dad was then going to pay for all 3 nights once we got there. When it was time to check out, the staff inside said the 1st night had to be charged to me while the last two nights charged to my dad-they didn't know how to take a charge off my CC. No big deal I guess. My dad and I made a "deal" and we then parted ways. 1 hour later as I'm driving home, the same lady calls me and says I "tried to leave with out paying my due balance." She said I hadn't paid for the first night. I told her I'd given her my credit card number when I reserved the site-AND-that she also told my dad the first night had already been charged. So I had to regive my CC #. I check my emailed receipt and see I was charged an extra $32 for a tent - a tent we NEVER SET UP! UGH! Won't be coming back! We camped at Moonlight Bay Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

60-57
Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Going out on Leech Lake is a must! Long Bow and Tianna Golf Courses are amazing! City of Walker has a bustling downtown area. Northern Lights Casino provides great entertainment and gaming! Drive out to Whipholt (10 miles east of Walker) for a nice beach an incredible views of Leech Lake!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $44.00

What a pretty spot on Leech Lake! We could see the lake from our site and it was an easy walk down to the docks. We were lucky to have cool weather and no bugs, so we could sit out on the dock for an hour in the evening and watch the boaters and Sea-Doos. We never even used any bug spray! It was in the high 70's and lovely.

We arrived in time for the 4th of July golf cart parade, which was a hoot to watch! This park has a number of permanent RV's placed on foundations and it is clear that many people spend most of their summers here. Very family friendly atmosphere. It is near a golf course, so lots of golf carts. Nice lodge to hang out in overlooking the lake. I think they also served food. It was a little noisy at night, mostly due to 4th celebrations and some fire works--one drunk guy singing. But I think that was unusual. Sites are close together and campground is very full during the 4th. But it was comfortable and had a very friendly feel to it. We camped at Moonlight Bay Resort & Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Just long enough for my tent trailer

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $31.00

Very clean and peaceful camp ground. Friendly staff. Sites are Fairly level. Covered docks for boat. Good for fishing vacation. Small golf course across the road. Would stay here again. We camped at Moonlight Bay Resort & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $35.00

5% seasonal with about 13 campsites,6 pull throughs and the rest back-ins. Trees on both sides, so only a couple work good with slides, but length is not a problem. Located on Leech Lake with nice covered dockage. The pool is heated and warm. Very friendly owners and seasonal people. Campground is very clean and well maintained. Would definitely stay here again! We camped at Moonlight Bay Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Moonlight Bay Resort & Campground?