Olson Park

Recent Rate: $25 8/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Water Water no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $25.00

This is a wonderful municipal park with about 25 camping spots. None of them have water or sewer, but several have electricity. We had one of those sites along the Okabeena lakeshore and bike path. The sites are widely spaced and covered with gravel. They are level and the grass surrounding them is very green. Large trees shade the park beautifully. It's a quiet campground, but especially busy on weekends. Reservations and payment must be done on the phone. There really is no onsite staffing. Just look for your name on a reservation card posted at each campsite. That's one of my two objections about this campground. I had to wander looking for the campsite with my reservation card. Luckily, I knew I had requested the more expensive water view sites. There were only 12 to look at. There is no central posting of a reservation list. That's a big oversight on the part of Worthington parks and rec. The other is the lack of water faucets. As far as I could tell, there was only one at which I could fill my freshwater tank - located in the center of the park. The kids playground was decent but located on the periphery. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our stay and would happily stay there again. We camped at Olson Park in a Travel Trailer.

There is no swimming in Olson Park, but Centennial Park is a short drive away and has a small sandy beach.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $27.00

This is a great little municipal campground. All sites are electric only. I had to hunt down the water faucet over near a pavilion. I think that's the ONLY potable water faucet in the park! No cable, but you can get over the air channels. I got a lot of channels and good reception once I positioned my JACK antenna in the correct location. I also carry a Flatwave antenna which sometimes gets extra channels. The Flatwave only got a few channels. The sites are grassy, and have some spacing between them. I had a 30 amp site, not sure if there is 50 amp or not. There is a dump station. The lake sites are $31, worth the money if you want to view the lake. I took a walk around the park, enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I was unable to get the "base rate" without the taxes. I asked for a delineation, the person in the hut had no clue, just said, "I'm never asked, I don't care, it doesn't concern me." (The check in person had been very nice up to that point, and I was a little miffed at that comment.) Very relaxing at this time of year, not many in the park. We camped at Olson Park in a Motorhome.

If you don't want to cook, Pizza Ranch will deliver to this RV park.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $25.00

We stayed here on Monday and Tuesday nights so there weren't a lot of other campers. We chose a site away from the lake but still had lake views. There is a walking path around the lake and through the campground and all the way into town. Very nice and spacious site. Self check-in. Electric only and no water hook up. It is a few miles away from I-90 and you have to maneuver around a few round-abouts from I-90 but we had no problem. We camped at Olson Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $28.00

This could be a very nice park. It is next to a very nice lake. Nice tree cover and nicely situated off the interstate. I gave it a low rating because of a few reasons. We never actually met anyone that worked at the park. The park was a complete "mud hole", dirt roads and sites. The road going into the park was a mess, large chuck holes, mud ankle deep. The actual park was in total disarray with a cleanup very necessary. I would not recommend this park at this time, maybe when the city gets it act together and cleans it up. We camped at Olson Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $22.00

If there were water hookups and Wi-Fi, this would be a clear 10/10 rating. Nestled into a small forest on the lake and off the busy roads this is a very nice campground hosted by very friendly people. Lots of shade and spacious sites with some room to neighbors. We only stayed for one night but would consider to come again and stay longer. I can't comment on the facilities since we didn't use them. Driving carefully with our 34' 5th wheel I had no problems with the turns and branches, but I wouldn't go bigger in this park. We camped at Olson Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $22.00

City RV park on the West end of Worthington on a lake. A lot of huge trees that provided a wonderful canopy without blocking the sites or interior roads. Was raining when we got here and most of the night. That added muddy and dirty pathways but cooled down the temperatures. Overnight stop so did not use any of the facilities. We camped at Olson Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $20.00

City park on the lake. Well maintained and roomy sites. Fills up on weekends, so reservations are suggested. Lots of shade spots and nice bike and walking trail. Restrooms and showers cleaned daily and park kept clean. A very nice facility. We camped at Olson Park in a Travel Trailer.

Sioux Falls KOA

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Adrian Municipal Park

Adrian, Minnesota

Blue Mounds State Park

Luverne, Minnesota

Are you affiliated with Olson Park?