Zumbrota, Minnesota

14334 Sherwood Trl
Zumbrota, Minnesota 55992

Latitude: 44.320440082391

Elevation: 994' (approximate)
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $72.00

I wish we would have read the reviews and investigated this place before booking our site and staying here. When we called, we asked if they had full hookup sites. She assured us they did, so we booked one. Her definition of full hookup is just water and electric. Only seasonal sites have sewer. "Premium sites" are just grassy sites that you can pull thru $5/day extra) The water and electrical box are on the wrong side on every other site so make sure to bring a long electrical cable and hose. They do have a guy that will come to your site and empty your tanks for $10/time (prepaid) if he remembers to come. There is no refund if he doesn't. The fire pits are small and deep, and close to where you have to park your camper. At check-in, the older woman was working the desk. As she was checking us in, she rudely told my 15 year old son to leave as he was distracting her (he wasn't doing anything other than quietly talking with me). She charged us for a premium site, which we didn't get and wouldn't give us a refund for that either. My kids enjoyed the pool and other amenities when the workers weren't scolding them (they weren't doing anything the seasonal site kids weren't doing, but those kids did whatever they pleased). $48 for the site (+5 if you get a pull-thru)+ $5/adult + $3/kid per day+ $20 per wrist band to use their amenities adds up to an expensive trip. If you can handle rude workers, poor service and getting ripped off, this is the place for you. As for us, we will never recommend to others or return. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $52.00

I have an older review of this campground that says I would not go back. Well, here I am and I did go back. I was worried I would be disappointed again, but I actually think I'd even go back again! A few years ago they created a "pond" with huge inflatables for a waterpark attraction. The dirt removed was used to build a levee in the campground to prevent the campground from being wiped out again from the fairly regular flooding that goes on there. A few areas are on the river side of the levee. So they are "sacrificed" if a flood comes through. However, this created some more private-like sites in the "River Glen" area that are away from the craziness of the pool and seasonal campers. We were happy to be down there without too many others, but our sites were all weeds and that kind of thing is a little trashy. I do like a private campground that doesn't have too many rules about setup. We could place our camper how we wanted on our patch of weeds, use a mat, park our truck wherever and leave our dogs in the camper when we went to do something else. The seasonal campers do love their golf carts. I was prepared for it based on all the comments in reviews. They had a long printed weekend schedule of activities. At the height of our long summer days the schedule had most activities closing by 5pm. What?!?!? It's light until 9pm. The pool, jumping pillow, tubing, space ball and others had early closing times. But no, suddenly the pool was open past five. We found out that the close times are optional to the workers. Apparently, they often extend it on the fly. Ok, why bother? Why close at 5 pm ever? The printed schedule seems to be irrelevant and a joke. Considering a weekend wristband to do these activities is $20, I think they should stay officially open later into the evening. The base rate for our w/e site was $46 and then $2 for each child. Our nightly total was $52. My biggest complaint is about a few of the workers. Many are pleasant and were very nice, but a few in the office were very pleasant and nice to us adults, but snippy and rude to our children. We had a standing joke all weekend that our kids would earn points every time they got "chewed out" by someone in the office. They were not being disrespectful at all, but the worker assumed they were. One time my daughter and her friend waited to purchase something and the worker looked right over them and helped the person in line behind them! I don't think that is very professional behavior. I get that there are TONS of kids at this campground and I bet some of them are rude, but the campground advertises itself as a family park. If you can't handle the pace or all the kids, I suggest you find a different job. I would probably go back because my kids had a great time with all the activities and it's close to home. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $46.00

Nice park for weekend campers. Not real great for transients. Not necessarily Big Rig Friendly. Trees not trimmed, low lying area so after rains, it is very very wet and soft. Only two 50 amp & pull through sites. Very deep fire pits, probably good for campfires, but not for cooking. Mostly dirt road, Seemed to me that the people who camp here are "regulars." Not real friendly and not easy to use as an overnight park. I was not given an itemized receipt and as I look back on the charge, I think I was overcharged about $20. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $50.00

This park is really, really fun! We have been here a bunch of times and this time was for a birthday party for my daughter. They have a lot of fun things for family! However, you need to purchase all the extras. It is a bit of a money pit. I was really, really disappointed in the times for the items you purchase the wristbands for. The pedal bikes were done early evening but what made it worse is that they told our kids that they could not ride them Friday evening because there was too much traffic. The traffic they were talking about were the golf carts that are only allowed if you are a seasonal site. There is an insane amount of golf carts there! The jumping pillow closes quite early as well. I think they should not charge as much for these items if they are going to be monitored due to "traffic" or close earlier than necessary. The kids were very upset about this and we ended up in the pool because it is the one thing open later than all the "chargeable" items. With that said, the management is very sweet and accommodating to many kids wanting to buy candy in the store. The CG is very clean and friendly. We will be back next summer. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $31.00

We stayed her on Mother's Day weekend so it was pretty empty. The playgrounds leave much to be desired and when we were their the pool was full of toad and completely green - obviously they'll be cleaning this out before opening it for the season but it was stomach turning. The toilets were HORRENDOUS - after using them once we refused to go back and instead ran with our children back to the camper for potty breaks. The river sites are BEAUTIFUL, however and I plan to come back for an adults only weekend, which I think this place is better suited for. I do have to agree with the one poster that said that the seasonal campers are rather snide about it being their 'turf,' for lack of a better word. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $44.00

My family loves to camp here! We have 2 grade school age children who enjoy all the activities. The jumping pillow is one of their favorite things! There are also pedal carts to drive, space ball, and of course a swimming pool. They also like to make "forts" in the woods and ride their bikes and scooters around. They have a nice arcade and a small store where they kids can by candy, ice cream treats, nachos, etc. This campground was under new management this year, which seemed to be an improvement. We love to camp here in September when they have Robin Hood Days. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $44.00

This campground values it's seasonal campers. You are immediately identified as a "weekender" and treated as such. The front desk staff could use better customer service skills. All activities shut down at 5pm with the exception of the pool, which isn't the best. The seasonal campers are allowed to have golf carts. We were treated to a "parade" of golf carts going by your site kicking up dust and not following the 5 mph posted speed limit during the entire day and night. It appears that they enjoy their drinking and driving while "cruising" the campground. Over half the campground was empty. It appears that many have figured out it is not a campground they wish to visit. We will be joining that group. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $42.00

Nice spacious campground. We thought rate was a little to high, nice pool. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $37.00

I've camped here 3 times. Twice we camped in a trailer and the last time in a tent. The campground location is scenic, but has flooded several times over the years. I paid $37 for a tent site which is the same price as you would pay for a site with water and electric. I feel this is quite high especially considering that they also except you to pay for showers. I have never run into that situation before. The campground has a nice pool and playground nearby. However, there are several other smaller play areas scattered around in various stages of collapse. The mini-golf course is old and neglected yet costs $3 per person. They will nicely deliver wood to your site if you chose to buy it. However, the wood I received was very, very wet and despite strong efforts would not remain lit. Based on this experience and the previous lackluster experiences, I would not bother to stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Tent.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $37.00

This place is an absolute dump! Management is horrible and the people who work in the office are rude. The mini golf course looks like it died 22 yrs ago. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $45.00

This is a nice campground that would normally be considered kid friendly. We stayed here several times last year and really enjoyed it. This year however they appear to have a drug problem. Several kids noticed one of the seasonal teens smoking pot who also works for the campground. It was verified by an adult and reported to the campground management. They seemed upset and would talk to the teen. Two weeks later we went again and this time at an event in their hall several seasonal adults were smoking pot on the outside of the entrance. We were told this has been a common occurrence lately. The staff are very friendly and the campground has so many activities and positive aspects. However, drug use so openly is not something that promotes a family or kid friendly campground. It is a shame but I would suggest you look for other campground choices. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $40.00

We've camped here a couple of times and we've had a good time. They have fun activities. Nice pool, horsey rides, decent playground. Easy, beautiful hiking around the river. It's a nice quick drive from Minneapolis/St. Paul. My only complaint is that the bathrooms are not well maintained. The toilets have a hard time flushing. The paper towels run out. So by the end of the weekend, the bathrooms are in a sorry state. If only they would put a plunger in each stall and add another paper towel dispenser. There is one main bathroom/shower house. Everything else in the park is porta potties. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $35.00

Staff was friendly enough and there were a lot of activities for kids. Pool was in very nice shape. They had a band on Sunday evening and other activities for adults to participate in as well. Campground was fairly well maintained but many sites either have no shade or the ones that do have shade are crammed in very tightly. 4 sites share water and electric which can make it difficult when you have a tent trailer and two travel trailers all via'ing for the same power and water. Overall not bad, recommend sites 121 and 122 for good shade and size. Try to stay out of the Little John's area, and the Greens. Bathrooms were clean but showers were filthy. Lots of porta johns that needed to be cleaned. We had to request that the one next to us get pumped as it was very smelly by the second day into the trip. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $34.00

We camped here on a very hot, muggy weekend in July so it was great that this campground has lots of very shaded sites! Most sites looked pretty level & easy to get set up on. The exceptions being along the river. It is true that the road & sites along 164-173 gets very muddy (not sure when it rained there last but there were no other muddy roads or sites in the campground). The site we had (#205) had great spacing with a good size field by our site for activites. Our site was very close to the bathrooms but some sites did require a little bit of a hike to the bathrooms/showers. The bathrooms themselves were not too bad. Showers could have been kept up better but overall not too bad. The pool at this campground is clean & large. As you can imagine it was very busy given the weather when we stayed here. The staff was very friendly & helpful! Saturday night bingo at 8pm was fun! We didn't partake in tubing, mini golf & some of the other activities they offer but will the next time we come back. This campground is showing its age a little bit but nothing that should keep anyone from camping here. It is a campground that I will camp at again & would not hesitate to bring children to. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2005 - $30.00

Campground is on the Zumbro River. Had a site along the river. Lots of activities for the kids. On the negative side, the road at our campsite was mud. Almost got stuck on the way in. "Rent-A-Jon?s" scattered throughout the campground, but they were not cleaned out at all during the weekend. Smelled pretty bad by Sunday afternoon. Might be OK on a regular weekend, but not a holiday weekend. We camped at Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Shades of Sherwood Family Camping Park ?