Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi

8360 Lakeshore Rd
Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi 39520

Latitude: 30.291811651977

Elevation: 20' (approximate)
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $36.00

This was a nice enough park. We only stayed one night, passing through, the owners were nice. Nice laundry area and bathhouse. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Close to the beach.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $40.00

This was a nice small Park with grass/gravel sites. Sites were long enough for our 40'fifth wheel and dually. Roads a little narrow going in and out, so you just have to take it slow,around the corners. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Facilities in very good condition. They look like they cater to a strong seasonal snowbird demographic, all of which were very nice. Verizon worked well. The water is brown which we understand is a result from flooding in recent years. We were not able to connect to their wifi. We don't watch TV so we cannot say how the cable over the air is. The location is very good for site seeing in the area. The only downside for us was the fire ants and lots of them. They do have disc golf on site which looks like fun as well. We would consider this park when we go through the area again. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The buffet at the Silver Slipper is really good. The beach is nearby also. Lots of other things in the area as well, we just were not there long enough to enjoy it all.

Bay Hide Away RV Park, owner at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground responded to this review

Thank you for taking time to share your kind review on our RV Park! We do have a great snowbird demographic with visitors from all over North America. Since we are open year round, our staff strives to keep the facilities in tip/top shape! I would like to correct your comment on the water. We do have iron in our water, as we operate on a well/chlorinator water system. This can result in a discoloration in the water at certain times. It is not related to "flooding in recent years", as the only time this area experienced flooding of any kind was over 12 years ago with Hurricane Katrina! We hope you will be able to visit our area again and check out all this area has to offer. Thank you!

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $60.00

Park was ok, Wifi was spotty at best , Cost was highest I've ever paid and way over priced to me. Limestone streets and parking area , park was clean and roomy enough. The water quality was pretty bad , looked more like tea than water.I probably will not return at those rates , they were elevated due to the cruising the coast weekend but I only found out when I arrived . We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Local TV channels were plenty , I brought my Satellite dish Water was really discolored, We did not drink it. pressure was ok.

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We are sorry that you felt surprised at the rate. Your rate was stated at the time you made the reservation and in your confirmation email. Cruising' the Coast is a huge event in this area, for a week in November. It covers the entire span of Mississippi and last minute spaces are scarce. We invite you to return during a "non event" and experience all that this area has to offer.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $15.00

Campers beware! The park looks great from the street, that is the only part these folks keep looking great. When I arrived, I changed the shower heads on all three showers...they were rusted and old. The bath house has many bugs. They are on well water & if you wash whites they come out ruined. Adding a sign advising "Washing whites is not recommended in our well water" would be nice. Water supply to my trailer was always brown & smelled terrible. FEMA put a filter on their well after Katrina, which they apparently do not maintain. They do not chlorinate the water. Their personal house must be on a separate well so maintaining the RV well must not be important. Several pot holes exist in the park. When it rained, my site flooded. I was walking in ankle deep water to get into my trailer (Space 32). I mentioned the issue to the owner, she said they would put down some additional rocks....they never did. They expected me to buy pavers at Lowe's. I was charged $480.00 dollars per month for the site, which in itself was great, BUT that was for a 50 AMP spot. I ready only needed a 30 AMP spot. Not sure why I was not given a choice. Pine straw was another issue for my site. There are many pine trees & I had so much pine straw in the site. I asked that it be at least raked up. They took several days to accomplish the clean up. I bought a rake & maintained the site after that. There is little lighting so it is very dark at night. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Space 32

Poor Conditions

There is nothing close to this site. Because it is in the Blast Buffer Zone for NASA - John C. Stennis Facility, most businesses have been re-located away. You have to drive a long way for food, gas etc.

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I cannot respond to everything because there are so many inaccuracies. I will say that we are thankful that your husband was able to come and help you with your situation. We are glad you left and were able to find another facility better suited to your needs and personality.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

As always this campground holds it's high standards. Lots of rain so there is a bit of standing water in places (who controls the rain?) Sites are level, wide and large enough for parking our toad. Fabulous pool, the grounds are kept neat and tidy. The clubhouse is open for everyone's use, and always clean and neat. The owners are very helpful. We will return for sure. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Very close to the beaches, shopping and great places to eat.

Thank you for your return visit and for understanding that we do not control "Mother Nature"! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience for our future customers!

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $45.00

The park was great. Our site was level the hookups were very convenient and clean (no bees) and in the correct location to connect with ease to the motorhome. Restrooms and showers were very clean and very well maintained. Did use the laundry facilities found them clean and the cost was reasonable. Lots of area to walk your pet and to exercise after a long day on the highway. There is a beautiful club house that is available to campers with books, tv and a relaxing atmosphere to spend time away from the rv for a while. Did not use the pool but looked clean and beautiful. When we arrived we had been on the road for six hours and were very tired. At checking in we felt welcome and the friendliness of the owners helped to ease our exhaustion. We would definitely stay there again when ever we are on the Gulf Coast. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Shopping, Casinos, Restaurants, Bars, Beach, Boating, Fishing

Thanks for choosing us after your long day on the road! We appreciate your kind words and are glad you were able to see all our RV Park has to offer. Hope you get to come back and check out the pool!

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

We chose this campground because it had pullthru sites. It's a nice enough private campground if you're looking for amenities such as a pool, disk golf, etc. But I much prefer state park campgrounds in pretty settings with walking trails, biking, boating, etc. and much lower fees. It was mostly empty when we were there but if it had been full it would have been like parking in a parking lot with limited trees/shade/privacy. Just sort of blah. A pretty good drive to the grocery store and restaurants. The woman I dealt with was very helpful and nice. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

We really wanted to take our dog to a dog park where she could run around. We found a nice fenced park at Dunbar Ave & Julia St (I think). Not an official dog park but it worked great for us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We do understand that the reason there are so many different kind of RV Parks, is that there are so many different types of RV'rs. We may not be your match, but we appreciate your stay. We do have a significant amount of green space and trees on the property, including walking trails. Site trees/shade lost during Hurricane Katrina have been replanted, but growth is not as quick as we would like! Grocery stores, restaurants and other commercial business are anywhere from 1/2 to 4 miles from us, this distance also helps us be a very quiet park, far from outside noises. Thank you again for staying with us and we invite to check us out again!

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

What a great park! The owners are very friendly and helpful with information about what to see and do in the area. The beaches along the Gulf are only 3 miles from the park, as well as Silver Slipper Casino. The site we were in was in the middle of the park with no trees for shade, which we don't mind. We definitely will be back soon. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Be sure to visit old town Bay St. Louis for quaint souvenir and antique shops.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Bay Hide Away RV Park and the Bay St Louis area. We hope that our campers will explore the local area and love giving suggestions and info on festivals, restaurants, shopping and more! We look forward to your return visit and thanks again!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

This is a quiet and well maintained RV park. The only concern I had was that it rained just prior to our arrival and many of the campsites were wet with standing water for the 2 days that we were here. The owners are very friendly and they work hard to keep the park in very good condition. The pool and the lounge area are the highlight of the park. The lounge has a huge TV, comfortable furniture a library and games to play on a rainy day. The restrooms and showers were clean and well lit and easy to use. The beach and Casino are only a few miles away. I would recommend anyone visiting the Bay St. Louis area to stay at this RV park. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

The beaches along Beach Blvd near Bay St. Louis to Biloxi are the cleanest and most easily accessible beaches along the Gulf coast.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! We do work hard to keep the park in good condition for our campers. Mother Nature can sometime cause us headaches, but that is something we cannot control! You seemed to have checked out the many amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in this area. Thanks again for helping us spread the word about our RV Park!

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $15.00

We stayed here for the winter, and it is as it always is, almost perfect. Great activities, trips, and cookouts put on by the owners. Super place to "snowbird" for the winter. Clubhouse and pavilion are extra nice, and the laundry and bathrooms are spotless. Super nice owners, and the people that come here every year are great folks......highly recommended. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $45.00

Nice secluded forested area. Spaces are a little close but still have enough room for your awing and a table. Park was very quiet at night and the caretakers were very nice. Good place to either use as a base camp for sightseeing or to just hang out and relax at the RV. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $36.00

We stayed shortly after Christmas for two nights. There are virtually no trees except on the perimeter sites. Recent rains caused some massive flooding and LOTS of mud. I was standing in water (luckily in rubber boots) when breaking camp. Not ideal. The bathrooms and showers were clean. The sites are pretty tight and fitting our 27 ft TT along with our F250 in our allowed slot was quite a chore. I will say it is conveniently located to Bay St. Louis. A 5-10 minute drive gets you into good shopping areas along the beaches. We likely would choose somewhere else to stay next time though. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Downtown Bay St. Louis is only a 5-10 minute drive.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $50.00

Wonderful, little campground. Well kept and the owners are super friendly and helpful. They were always available if anything was needed. Restrooms, showers and laundry is very clean. This campground is nice and quiet and somewhat away from the hustle and bustle but many attractions are very close by. The site are a nice size and the campground is easy to get around in. Seems to be plenty of room to maneuver at all sites. The cost was a little high but we arrived during a special event being held along the gulf coast and all campgrounds were filled to overflowing, so this was to be expected. The Wi-Fi is a little sporadic but not too bad. Also, there is no TV connections if that is important to you. We would stay here again if we are in the area. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Don't be afraid to try this campground, it is a great little hide away.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

Arrived just before dark and glad there was still some daylight as this park is Very dark at night with almost no lights. There is a tight turn in the walking trail area where those with big fifth wheels will struggle dodging trees (we did). Gravel site was very level and we didn't have to unhook. We would stay here again. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $26.00

Entirely satisfactory. Pay attention, or you'll miss the turn off US90. Level, packed dirt site with convenient connections. Good overnight stop. WiFi worked well. Might stay here again. We camped at Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Are you affiliated with Bay Hide Away RV Park & Campground ?