Allen Creek Resort

Brandon, Mississippi

Recent Rate: $13 5/2014

highwayrunners

I stayed here under the monthly rate of 400.00 per month. There is nothing fancy about this park. We had a concrete pad and full hookup with 50 amp. Stayed on the "hill" back towards the pool. The park offers Church services and the congregation is very welcoming. Check in is very informal. The park allows you to get mail. Staff at the "check in" goes over and above with being helpful. The restaurant is no longer open. The pool will be opening 5-17 and will not be open for the community this year. The roads are gravel and most sites have so many trees you can not get a sat. signal on a roof top dish. Very close to the reservoir so lots of seasonal folks. Not for overnight in my opinion but for long term call and see if they have anything open. They are family friendly but I did not see any activities. We camped at Allen Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

rvgirl22

Although this park is 10 miles from stores or eating out, I decided to stay here for 5 months while working in this area. At first glance, the park is clean and has a country appeal. Spaces are fairly large. Concrete pads are old and not level but I decided to give it a try. At first management was polite. Note *polite*, not friendly, and note *at first*. Each month they became less polite and hardly ever friendly. The managers do not own the park, just manage it. Manage is a incorrect word use for them. They became rude, snoops, and they discriminate. I moved out after only 3 months here due to the unpleasant atmosphere they created through out the park. The bath houses are non-working and I was told they will not be fixing anytime soon, as "no one" really needs them, you have your own. The washers worked about 1/2 of the time and took your money the other 1/2. They had the pool open for their benefit, not for the RV'ers who paid to be here. So if you are wanting to full time here, do yourself a favor and continue looking. The park could be made nicer, but if those people that manage it are still here, it won't make a difference what improvements are made. STAY CLEAR! We camped at Allen Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

traveler798

RV spots were concrete pads. It was easy to get into the spots. Park was able to accommodate our motorcycle trailer in a unusable spot across from our spot. The managers were very nice. The RV park was in a quiet location. The Reservoir was a short drive away. The only complaint I had was the laundry room. The machines were in disrepair, the room was not well lit and it was very dirty. There were many bugs and a Snake in the laundry room during our stay. The laundry room is attached to the restaurant. The restaurant does not supply any quarters for the laundry room. They suggested I get change by using the pop machine outside their restaurant. This was after I had already ate lunch there while my laundry was washing and I only needed $2 more dollars worth of quarters to dry my clothes. In the end other diners heard me asking for only the $2 worth of quarters and they took pity on me. A nice lady even went and dug out quarters from her car. Needless to say I never ate in the restaurant again. We found much nicer parks in the area and moved on. We camped at Allen Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Kristen

We booked this campground while evacuating from Hurricane Gustav; and was pleasantly surprised and overjoyed at our camping stay here. The staff was fantastic; friendly and easy to get along with. The campground has a restaurant with a large screen tv; the staff allowed us to track the storm via tv whenever we needed. I gave the campground a 9 rather than a 10 because the laundry room was dirty; however the machines worked well. Some campers are residents of the park, but you would never know it. We will definitely camp here again. It’s a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the extra 10 miles or so. We camped at Allen Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

avion

Athough located about 10 miles outside of Brandon it is very much worth the extra miles. Beautiful property on 80 acres of land. Big lake and easy access to all sites. Lots of shade and the most friendly staff that I have ever encountered. Sites are wide and they do have alot of full timers but they too are some of the best people that I have found in parks. Only drawback to the whole place is the large rocks they use for the road bed. Your tires slip and slide a little going in and out. That is the only reason I gave them a 9. If you have a big rig, when you first enter go to the left not right and the hill access to the office is easier! Big security gate that closes at night for security. They also have some cute little cabins they rent. Nice park, great people. I will return! We camped at Allen Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Allen Creek Resort?