Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park

Clinton, Mississippi

Recent Rate: $30 10/2014

tmiller505

This was a typical RV park made up of mostly permanent residents both in RV's and Mobile Homes. There is an area in the middle for the transient RV'ers like us. The staff were very friendly, but the park itself was nothing special, a good place for a stopover. The park is quite sloped and a bit tight to get into spaces and very tight between sites. I think we had less than 3 feet between our neighbors with our slides out, which we really felt when they fired up their rig at 5:30am to leave in the morning. Satellite reception was great, but wifi did not work at all. We were able to got up to the office and use their wifi as a guest which was a nice option. Restaurants within walking distance. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Kent Savage

The Park is a broken asphalt parking lot in the middle of a mobile home park. The sites are opposite with the utilities in between, but they are so close that two rigs with slides will nearly touch. The pet walk area is small and covered with dog piles. The people in the office didn't care. The WIFI didn't work - connected to router, but couldn't connect to the internet - the people in the office said, "oh well". Their leaflet indicated about 50 Cable TV channels, but they no longer exist - only get about 7 over the air channels. Office says "sorry". The Only reason we would go there is because we have relatives about 3 miles away! We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Jwebnar

They advertised cable TV and WIFI. When we got to the park they told us the WIFI might be down. We could come and sit in office if we needed to use the internet. They no longer had cable TV. When I called the office and asked about the WIFI they couldn't even tell me the name of the one that was supposed to be available at the site. When I asked them to call the provider and find out, they refused. Only the owner can call, but they would not call the owner to tell them the WiFi was down. I think they stopped offering the WIFI and Cable and did not take it off their advertisement. There is no picnic table at the sites. We had to park our car at the neighboring site, because there wasn't room at our site for our 35 foot RV and a car. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tiny Beast

Ok, here's the deal. They say in the books and their ads that they have cable and wifi. They have neither. They don't really care if they do or not. The pavement is broken and the spots are side by side and not all that roomy. The covers were falling off of the electrical boxes. You have school buses pulling in at 6 AM to pick up the kids that live in the mobile homes. They don't take cash - the reason given is that they don't want cash in the office because they are so close to Jackson. Don't know how Jackson feels about it, but it didn't make us feel real secure. If it's the only place to stay due to distance traveled then you are ok for a night (I guess). We won't be back. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

cockapoo Mom

Other than convenience to visiting family in Clinton, this "RV park" has no redeeming features. We refer to it as the "asphalt jungle". Even the asphalt surface is in dire need of repair. They advertise cable TV but it is no longer available. The so called "dog walk" is a grassy area that slopes and very inconvenient to most of the park. I am not a rules breaker but I had to walk my dog in the mobile home area so she could get some exercise. There are three things that make it superior to a Walmart parking lot - water, sewer and electric. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

aliner man

If I had read the reviews prior to stopping I would have passed up this gem. Fortunately I decided to just chance it and was pleasantly surprised. First the negative. I was in space 1 by my request to be near the restroom as I am in an Aliner and have no bathroom. The power hookups are between slot 1 and 2 which means if I had been in slot 2 it would have been perfect but in slot 1 it was on the door side of the camper requiring that I run the electrical and tv cable under the camper. Not a big deal but kinda awkward. Next there are no picnic tables which are important to me as I always eat outside. Wi-Fi was scarce. Now truthfully the RV area is a former asphalt parking lot and the spaces were tight for big rigs but in the winter I liked the asphalt and not having to sweep the grass and dirt out of my unit repeatedly. In the summer this would not work--100 degrees outside and black asphalt. I would pass. I was awakened at 4:36 AM by the trash truck emptying the four trash dumpsters. This should not happen until after 8:00 AM. I would have liked fewer "don't do this and don't do that" signs that were plastered all over the place. Now the positive. The people were very nice and eager to serve my needs. I requested to be near the restroom and she promptly assigned me slot #1. The restroom was right behind my back bumper. Super!! Now the restrooms were some of the best I have ever encountered. Very clean, modern and well kept. Even had flowers in a vase and an inspirational message plaque on the vanity. I would stay here again just for the shower/restrooms alone. Price was right. I ran out of ice and went to the office, they didn't sell ice but they eagerly went to their kitchen and put me a bag of ice together. Super people that work here. I will definitely do an overnight stop here again. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

lonroberts

Entry is off a busy road - missed the sign on our first pass. When making reservations I specifically asked if the sites were relatively level - response was "you should be able to level without problem" - not true - we would have had to raise front wheels on our 40 footer off the ground - not something I do as that just invites possible damage to leveling jacks should the MH move. Rate was reasonable but there is a reason - nothing special about the park - strictly an over nighter but once burned we won't stay again - has to be something better down the road. Prior reviewer mentioned they plan to complain to Good Sam - think I'll do the same when I find the time. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

JoyceD50

This campground is attached to a mobile home park. All sites are pavement, no grass at all. Site hookups are side by side and all sites are very tight together. My slide out was only 2 feet from my neighbors slide out. You have to pay attention when pulling into this facility. The signage is good, but you have to cross two busy lanes of traffic to pull in. They ask you to park in an area that you cannot see the office to register. Traffic from the Mobile Home park uses the same driveway and it can get congested. There is an island between incoming and outgoing traffic making everything more complicated. We would only stay again if for one night. Not good for an extended stay. Or if you have children, I didn't see anything for kids, and there is no grass to play on anyway. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

AFChap

Rate is with Good Sam 10% off discount. The free Wi-Fi works. The asphalt sites are not level but most are workable for large motorhomes. We will try to avoid the last row if we stay here again as it looks the most unlevel. Sites are very tight. Our site was nose-low with the front wheels several inches off the ground. The utilities work well, but are in poor physical condition. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

teepee51

Do not be fooled by the "Good Sam Top Rated Park 2011 Award". I was. This is a mobile home park with a small parking lot for RV's. This may sound like sour grapes, but I assure you that every word is true. I'm notifying Good Sam also about their ratings. The sites are on very unlevel asphalt that has sunken everywhere. Other campers said they sprang for month long sites in the mobile home part so they could get level. The "pet friendly" is a very small grass walk on the side of a steep hill right beside a row of sites; as I stated this is a parking lot with hookups. If you can find a spot and maneuver enough to get level, then the hookups are on the ground and impossible to connect unless you have flexible ends on your electric and/or water. Then they say "big rig friendly." The last row will fit 40 footers, but they insist you to park your toad behind. This is not possible even if you could find a level place in proper relation to the site. Let's see, next I told them that the internet would not work, The clerk said "oh yes, it's been out about two weeks. We had a lightning strike, and it hasn't worked since. Comcast is supposed to look at it". We were there two days and saw no work being done. Ah, the pool. We went to use this to cool off from sitting on their "parking lot" roasting because the breakers failed with two A/C's on.(50 amp...right). There were about 8 children inside swimming who told us that the pool closed to the public at 7:00. 7:00!! Oh well, back to flipping breakers. I was amazed that Good Sam had been this badly fooled or took a payoff to award this RV park a top rating. Do not believe it. The only possible way that you might want to stay here is a quick overnight on I-20, but you would have to unhook your toad if your RV is over about 35 ft. I'll not return. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

DBCooper

Location, location, location. That is about the only positive I have. It is close to the Natchez Trace and at the end of my traveling day heading north. It is all pavement, almost level, no table, local cable, no shade, side to side spaces, too many speed bumps but friendly staff in the office. Okay for an overnighter. I can imagine the heat in the summer with all that asphalt. I'll reroute next time. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

tefarmer

OK if you don't mind parking in a parking lot with hook ups. I was a upset because they advertise that they have a fenced area for off leash pets. This was not true. The Wi-Fi works good. Only have local cable TV but they will give you a box for digital channels for a $50 deposit. It is not our type of park as we like to sit outside under our canopy, and this is not that type of park. Staff was friendly. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

DOTLDaddy

On our way from Pensacola to Tupelo, we were just looking for a convenient place, with pull throughs, for one night. I did not want to unhitch. Well, I did not have to unhitch, but that was about the only good thing I can say about our site at Springridge RV Park. The "RV" part of the layout is merely an old, broken up asphalt parking lot on the side of a hill behind the "Mobile Estates" that fronts the street. The particular site we were given, had us up pointing uphill rather noticeably. Not wanting to unhitch, we just lived with it for the night. The sites were all VERY tight, with the utilities just stuck in the asphalt. It would be very easy to hit them while trying to maneuver in or out of the sites. They were just accidents waiting to happen. Heaven forbid that anyone arrive after dark, because the sites are all criss-crossed and very confusing, even in the daylight. Long story short, we will not be staying here again, even if it was free. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

AFChap

The basic CATV works here. The free Wi-Fi also works. The asphalt sites are not level but most are workable for large motorhomes. Our site was nose-low with the front wheels several inches off the ground. The utilities work well, but are in poor physical condition. We would stay again over night. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Motorhome.

TX Camper

As others have said, this is just a paved parking lot in the middle of a mobile home park. We have stayed here many times and it is okay for an overnight stop since it is close to both I-20 and the Natchez Trace Parkway. Other than that, it has nothing to offer. The cable TV has been downgraded so you can only get what you would on your over the air antennae. Depending on which spot you take, your connections may be iffy - loose water faucet handles, bad cable TV connections and some 50 amp services don't work. The rate shown reflects the monthly rate. If all you need is an overnight stop, then this is it. Otherwise, move on. We camped at Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Springridge Mobile Estates & RV Park?