Wendy Oaks RV Park

Florence, Mississippi

4160 US 49
Florence, Mississippi 39073

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?

Ask fellow campers about "Wendy Oaks RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

Stayed one night at Wendy's as we transited west. Small park but very tidy. Pretty little lake with lots of fish! Good satellite hookup and solid Verizon signal. Was easy to get in and out with our 45' motorhome and did not have to disconnect the car. Owner operated. We enjoyed our evening and will stay again. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

lmg

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

Nice park located right off Hwy 49. Long, level pull through sites for transients. No shade. Okay wifi. Good for a one night stopover. Clean facilities. The park is situated on a nice lake with a walking path. We would stay here again in our Motorhome. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $27.00

Nice park! Easy to maneuver for a 36 ft class a with towed. Pull through was plenty wide, long and level. Beautiful lake for a nice walk. This is a smaller, older park, well kept in a nice setting. I will stop here again. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $27.00

Our second stay here. Nice park. Lake. Level sites. Right on US49. No one in office - called number and left message. Picked an open site. Owner contacted later. Some long-term, but had 6-8 slots for over-night; park is clean and neat. Hookups all in good repair. Good roads. Southbound on US49, must go quarter mile south and do U-turn. Leaving in AM - southbound - go 50 yards north and do U-turn. Would stay here again. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

If heading north on US49, try to find alternate route if going to Jackson to intercept I-20. The 10 miles before I-20 will tear up your rig; same goes if you're coming off I-20 and heading south.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wendy Oaks RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $29.00

This was a one night stay for us. Arrived in daylight which helped, because the sites were not very well defined. Gravel sites, mostly level, although full hookups, we just used electricity. Read several reviews before making the reservation which talked about making a u-turn if traveling south bound; so I thought I would be smart and exit before the u-turn and that was a MISTAKE. Narrow, rough road - don't do it. Make the u-turn. We will add this to our list when needing a one night stay. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $27.00

Price reflects Good Sam discount for a FHU pull through. I called and made a reservation. They only accept cash or check. When I arrived no one was in the office and info on the door about reservations was for the previous day. I did arrive early in the day, just before noon. I pulled into site 14 which was a long pull through. I got satellite, the utilities were good and I left early the next morning. Comments about having to make a U-turn on 49 if heading south are correct. I was given directions how to avoid that turn but I guess I screwed up and had to make the U-turn. Leaving, the U-turn is easier. Six miles north is a restaurant named Berry's and should not be missed. Best catfish I've ever eaten. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

See my comment about Berry's Catfish and Seafood restaurant

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $24.00

We stayed for a total of three nights. The bathrooms and showers are old with concrete floors that are dirty and have a very bad odor. The laundry room is not in any better shape. It appears that the restrooms and laundry room have really not been cleaned in a very long time. The manager and all the staff that we met were very friendly and polite. The rest of the grounds were kept in very clean and clear of any debris, and the lawns were mowed and looked very nice. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $28.00

Just an overnight stop in this small park south of Jackson. If south bound access to the entrance is horrible and I would not do it again. Roads very narrow. Number of long-term RVs. Our pull through site was just long enough. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Nothing nearby

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $24.00

Stopped here for an overnight, but ended up staying three nights because everything in Gulfport/Biloxi was booked for Labor Day. We decided to stay here and relax for a couple of extra days. Other than WiFi, this park has everything we wanted. Price is reasonable. Management is very helpful and friendly. This is definitely a dog-friendly park. There are a lot of long-term residents; the ones I had contact with were great! We will stop here again. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $27.00

Thought the nightly rate was a little high since they don't accept credit cards, gravel sites, no units allowed over 11 years old, no swimming pool, and so on. Pretty lake. Satellite worked well. Verizon worked well. Probably won't stay here again as it's way off the route. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $27.00

Nice friendly park. Grass is way over due for mowing giving an unkept look. We had a long pull through allowing us to stay hooked-up on an overnight. Good water pressure in the 55 lb range. Excellent water and electric hook-ups also. All three conveniently located together and spaced for easy connections. Must love trains. The track is just on the other side of US 49 and they have numerous trains passing in the night. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $25.00

Well, I pulled in here based on the other ratings, and I would say yes, and no. Although I spoke with a very friendly lady last night saying I'd be here today, there was no one in the office, nor could I get her on her cell. A list of available sites hung on the office door, so I picked one from the list in the shade (not all are, and it was 90 degrees out). But right after I hooked up someone came over to tell me he had booked that site for tonight. I unhooked and took the only other (more expensive) somewhat shaded site along the small lake. Lady on the phone quoted me $25 last night, but hopefully I'll see her tonight to pay her and hopefully that will be the price. There is substantial road noise, to be expected since its on the hiway, but the other side of this small, attractive campground is a nice lake. Cable TV is not available. So there is road noise, limited shade, no cable tV and no one in the office, are the reasons I rated it lower. We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2006 - $27.00

This is new campground off Hwy 49, approximately 5-6 miles south of Florence MS. It is exceptional. Good facilities, great management, great access, great for families, allows pets (on leash when crowded otherwise let 'em loose), you can use off road vehicles with prudence and responsible driving, the price for nightly stays is higher than average however monthly rates are very good for the return of peace of mind and freedom. Ground fires are okay with judgement and care. Has a great office person and she knows how to treat folks well. A little off the path of metro area amenities, yet reasonably located, but that's what RVing is about, isn't it? We camped at Wendy Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wendy Oaks RV Park

Are you affiliated with Wendy Oaks RV Park ?