Baywood Campground

1100 Cowan Rd
Gulfport, Mississippi 39507

• Phone Phone yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Baywood Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $30.00

We have stayed many times; this is our favorite RV park on the Gulf coast. We always stay in a pull-thru with our HDT and 45 foot 5th wheel. This park hosts a lot of snowbirds that return yearly and some full time residents. Maneuvering can be a little tight when the park is full but everyone has always been friendly and helpful as needed. The management and staff have always been very accommodating and helpful. The interior roads and sites are paved. The entrance can be a little hard to find the first time. The park has a pool, clubhouse, playground and a nice little store with a propane fill station. There are a number of mature live oaks with spanish moss making for a beautiful setting. The park is surprisingly quiet at night given the major roads nearby. A Winn Dixie grocery store is a short walk as are some restaurants. We camped at Baywood Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Approaching South Bound look for the Champion Cleaners rather than looking for the campground entrance.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $28.00

I just read a review that said management was terrible. I was there in Aug also. I talked with her plenty. They had a lot of lightning storms that month and unfortunately the campground was struck 4 times. She was constantly going out on the grounds and fixing cable or electric. She tries to make sure everything is in working order for all who pass thru. Also she had a major one where it took 2 days to be fixed. She had to go back and forth to the plumbing place for parts. But they got it fixed. She works hard there. So don't be so harsh to judge. She runs that campground in top form. Everyone loves it there. I talked to a lot of campers passing thru. It's unfortunate that happened and your experience, But it was what I call a fluke with the storms. I come here every year. She is the hardest working woman I have ever met. I will always come here, as long as she is running it. We camped at Baywood Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Only about a mile to the beach. A couple grocery stores right next door. Shopping malls only a few miles distance. Casinos down on the beach. They have Margaritaville on the beach for kids. Arcade games, rock climbing wall, all kinds of stuff.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

Pool is nice, bathrooms are clean, spots are asphalt and fairly level. Campground is clean overall. However, management is terrible!

I'm glad our 1 month trip is being shortened to 2 weeks! Tried to go to the office 5 times in 7 days: to have them not open during their posted business hours. (They claim to be open daily from 7am till 1 pm, then from 2 pm until 6 pm.)

The first day, we arrived around 4:45. The manager lady didn't want to wait for us to get set up and come back to pay for the internet usage. She wanted to go home early. I tried to go the next day to get internet. I went close to lunch time, 12:45, so I can understand them leaving 15 minutes early for lunch, but when I returned the same day at 4:30 it was closed again!

Then, I went to do laundry. Their 24 hour facility smells terrible, has extremely outdated machines. Only one dryer works. They don't have a change machine. I started my laundry at 10:58 am, went to the office for quarters to find they had closed for lunch! Not to return until 2pm. (It wasn't even 11 yet and they were already on lunch!)

I tried the office again at 3 pm to find it closed for the day and not to reopen until tomorrow at 7 am. Luckily there was a grocery store around the corner where I could get change.

The manager lives on site and says you may go to her after hours in case of emergencies. However during hours, while she was home (camper unlocked, truck there, golf cart there, and I could hear movement) and yet no one would answer the door.

Extremely poor service from the staff. I would only stay here if it was a short trip, and God forbid someone ever have an actual emergency, because no one is around to help. We camped at Baywood Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $30.00

Quiet campground with level sites and large patio area. Shaded sites. Bathrooms and showers clean and well maintained. Office or owner very pleasant and accommodating. Camp store is well stocked with convenient hours. Full hook ups. WiFi worked great. Owner very accommodating as we had flat tire and he allowed us to stay extra time for the tech. Only reason not for excellent is the signage coming in. Call before for exact directions. Between Beach Pharmacy and Champion Cleaners! Very small sign! Would stay again. We camped at Baywood Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 50

Beach within 2 miles or so, beautiful white sandy! Casinos within 10 minutes or so.

Featured Campgrounds Near Baywood Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $30.00

We love this park - we stay here every time we come to the Gulf Coast. It is conveniently located - walking distance to 2 grocery stores and several fast food places. The manager is the perfect combination of friendly and no-nonsense and keeps the campground looking nice and running well. An added perk is that we can get our HDT and 45’ fifth wheel into the pull-throughs there. The pull-throughs are good for satellite reception and the upper area of the park is full of beautiful live oaks. The other campers are friendly but not overly so and our kids love the pool. We have stayed in campgrounds all over the US and this is one of our favorites. We camped at Baywood Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2008 - $30.00

Very friendly people, sites are close, very shady with large trees. Some tight turns depending on where people park cars, most sites have long term guests. We camped at Baywood Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $28.00

Stayed 2 nights at this park. Everything seemed to be well kept. Has some long-term sites still from the hurricane. Staff were friendly, and only problem we had was finding the dumpster seems they have it back where the caretaker or owner lives. You can't pull back there while hooked up. It does need some TLC as things seem to be well used (sewer caps missing). I would stay again. The photos on the web site need updating but they are not far off. We camped at Baywood Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Baywood Campground

Are you affiliated with Baywood Campground ?