LeFleurs Bluff State Park

Jackson, Mississippi

Recent Rate: $20 11/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

exsailor81

Very nice park right in the middle of Jackson. Lots to do, museums, parks etc, a small picturesque lake and most sights are right on it. Yes the road is gravel, but it is smoother than a lot of paved roads. It is the country in the middle of the city. I will be back. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

Kelly_J

Long dirt road to campground that is very dusty when not raining. Many trees so no satellite. Large sites. Because of cheap rates we had a lady in a tent next to us that was not friendly to our kids. She did not have a car and would not speak when spoken to. Pretty lake. Would stay for an overnight stop again. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

SargeW

This is an "OK" state park, but not great. The 50 amp service at my site didn't work, so I needed to use a 30 amp adapter to get power in the rig. They do have concrete slabs, but they are seriously short, like 20' long. Unless you have a tiny rig, half will hang off. The area had received rain before we arrived, and rained during our stay so the site and all the roads were muddy. Then along with the mud and rain were the biting insects. The best part about the park was the price. I won't stay here again. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

winnie1

The entrance is nowhere near the museum. It is down a side road by the Shell station. There was some noise from the road but fairly quiet at night. Great hiking trails. This park does close due to flooding so call ahead. the woman checking us is was very uninformed about the park. You can walk the trail form the campground to the museum. It is about 2 miles round trip, not 2 1/2 miles like she said. The kids next door were having a lot of luck catching fish. This park fills up fast. It is down a long dusty road which several large class A coaches make ok. The bathhouse is up a lot of stairs or a long rickety ramp. Not one of the best I've seen. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

knay111

We stayed here for a graduation, just one night. We agree with other reviewers, the sites look worn, and could use fire rings, but the concrete pad was level and fit our 24' motorhome perfectly. The water pressure was great. The park ranger brought us our tag and a code for the gate, but he explained that the park was rarely locked at night as the long-term campers kept an eye out and during his tenure as a ranger, there never had been trouble. We don't fish so there really is not a lot to do, but we'd use it again when passing through that area. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

gmbmailbox

We stayed for 3 days while we explored Jackson. The park is older and does need some updating. The gate at the entrance is not used and the park is not paroled. We did see the ranger during the day and he was very helpful. I had no problem parking a 37' 5th wheel in the site. For a park in the middle of Jackson it was very good. I would stay here again. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

hillbillyrvgal

I stayed here in Dec 2013 after visiting an outlet mall in Pearl. It's about 20 min. south. As stated before stay on Lakeland Terrace until you see the entry booth. After reading other reviews I decided that since I was arriving on Dec 27 for 1 night, I'd probably never see an attendant and I didn't. A ranger truck went by once. The campground is a bit old and unkempt. A little wooded campground in the middle of a medium size city.No playground, but a small fishing lake. My site was #1 and the back if the shore power box was almost completely off and as there was a chance of rain I duck taped it after attaching my shore power. I also saw 2 others with problems. There seemed to be 6 or 8 long term campers, one looked pretty trashy. The concrete pads are barely long enough for my 23 ft. Class C., the rest is a mix of dirt and gravel. Location of tables is decent on most sites. Most sites do not have fire rings, just look for burned wood. You can hear trains and traffic at a distance. The best sites if the lake water level is not high would be sites #2, 4, 14, and 19. More likely to get satellite and fairly level. Site #15 and 16 seem longer. The showers and toilets are located in a cabin on stilts with wc access. They were surprisingly decent. Nothing to do there at all, but then I just needed an inexpensive place to stay while I shopped til' I dropped! We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

TimeOutRV

We stayed here in lieu of trying to overnight in a parking lot or truck stop while traveling through to Florida. It was MUCH better than a Walmart or truck stop. That said, the park is older and in need of repair. The drive is all gravel, as are the campsites save for a tiny pad of concrete that didn't really fit our 32 foot Class C. The grounds are pretty much dirt and gravel. It rained while we were there and there were large pools of muddy water all around us. We didn't leave the RV all day! And packing up to leave was a mess. The staff, although nice people, didn't really seem to know what was going on. The two people that did were out fixing the "night drop box" because it was broken into the first night we stayed. The so-called gated campground was wide open with no sign of any electronic closure, we were supplied no code. The gate stated that it was closed 8 PM to 8 AM, but this was not so, nor secured. Still this was better than overnighting in a parking lot and next time coming through Jackson, we likely would stay here again, but doubtful it would be for pleasure, just an overnighter. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

dandd

Ours was a senior's rate. One of the prettiest campgrounds we've stayed at. Site 1 is excellent with great view over the water. Large sites with water and 50-amp electric. While thereis no cable, local over-the-air antenna reception was excellent. Park gated and patrolled. Close proximity to downtown Jackson. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

BigR

Rate reflects senior rate. We drove in east on Lakeland Drive and turned south on Lakeland Terrace. The booth was unmanned and instructions were not very clear for the campground. We drove about 1 mile on the gravel road to the campground and found a site that was not being used. We phoned the campground phone # which we got from another camper and booked and paid over the phone. Site #17 was long enough for our 30 ft RV and truck without unhooking. We were backed up onto the lake where you could fish. It was nice and quiet during the night. We did not see a campground host. We would stay again if in the area. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Linsay

Wonderful campground in the middle of Jackson, but you wouldn't know you were near a city! Unmanned campground so call ahead to make a reservation or phone the number on the office when you arrive. Lots of shade trees and great areas to walk dogs, plus a beautiful backdrop of the lake. Very quiet this time of year, but I'm sure it would get busy in summer. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

nazpaz

What an interesting place! You are right in the middle of the city but it doesn’t feel that way. The campground is a mile down a winding gravel road from the highway. If you listen you can hear the hum of traffic out on I55 which is just 10 minutes away. But by just looking you would never guess how close it all is. Arriving at the campground is somewhat interesting. One exits the Interstate and travels east on Lakeland Drive. However, you don’t want to follow the sign to the state park. That will take you to the state Natural Science Museum which is part of the park, but isn’t where the campground is located. When you see the sign for Lakeland Terrace you’ve found the correct turn. Turn south and continue straight ahead on that street and you’ll see an unmanned entry booth. For some reason they put a traffic island there that might challenge larger rigs. If no one is coming, you’ll find it easier to enter on the exit side. From there, follow the signs to the campground down the gravel road and around the lake. Electric is 50 amps and water pressure is good. There are no sewer hookups and the dump station is out near the entrance. The campground restroom is built up on stilts, about eight feet up. The sites are level concrete slabs. My satellite reception was limited and, honestly, I was glad to get even one satellite through all the trees. I think the best chance for satellite coverage would be in the sites directly across from the restrooms. Cell reception was very good and my data was a strong 4G. The weather during our October stay was been pretty good with cool temperatures and only a little rain. I have the idea that humidity and mosquitoes would make a late summer stay here rather challenging to say the least. There are three state museums within minutes of the campground and the Mississippi State University Medical Center is right down the street. I was told that a lot of people use this campground when coming to the area hospitals. A nice place - I give it two thumbs up. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

richvks

Easy to find off the interstate and is well marked when you reach Lakeland Terrace at the Shell station on the right. The entry is narrow but not a problem towing or not. Not sure why an earlier rater had such an issue. The road to the campsites is gravel and dusty but is in pretty good shape. Our site was fairly level and fit our rig (38') with parking for the car in front. Electric was good and steady. The restrooms are elevated about 8 ft for flood events. I would guess and they were clean and odor free. There is a dump station just as you exit the park. The park rangers drive through frequently and are friendly and helpful. We would recommend this park and would stay here again. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

jeff moore

This is a very shady, pretty park close to the interstate but not noisy from the traffic, in fact this is a very peaceful park. There is a boat launch by the lake and a separate launch for the Pearl River. They have several museums and restaurants in the area. Also, a golf coarse. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

kco

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Jackson. You can't beat the location (in the city limits, but you would not know it when in the campground). Site 16 was directly adjacent to the lake and across the loop from the restrooms/showers, which we did not use. Nice shady and level site and clean 50A power. DO follow the web site's direction and don't rely on your GPS; otherwise you will end up at a locked employee entry gate. Entry booth is not manned. If you have a reservation, just pull in, go to your site and the ranger will find you and provide you with a hang tag for your vehicle. The entry is VERY tight, with a 90 degree turn with fences/obstacles on each side. I drive a 40' motorhome with a Jeep in tow. I opted to disconnect the tow outside the gate AND entered the EXIT SIDE of the gate with the motorhome. I did not think I could negotiate the curve on the ENTRY SIDE of the gate and still have a viable paint job on the sides. Even so, on exit I came within inches of touching the steel pipe fencing. Very convenient to the state capitol (only a few exits south of the campground). I would definitely stay here again. We camped at LeFleurs Bluff State Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with LeFleurs Bluff State Park?