Sun Roamers RV Resort

Picayune, Mississippi

SonFollower

Very friendly, escorted to our site, pull-through, clean. Wi-Fi a little slow but certainly would recommend. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

sunshine2775

This is a lovely place to stay. Beautiful, well maintained spots with a lot of large pine trees. Large well maintained and clean swimming pool and bath houses. There is a lovely small lake on the property with a walking trial. There is a coin operated laundry located in the park with a folding table and a nice sitting area. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. They are strict about the speed limit in the park. Personally, I am pleased to see an RV Park that is actually managed with rules in place. Having two small children I appreciate the speed limit enforcement. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

dagopapa

Very large park with many campers. Clean and seemed well kept. We only stayed for an overnight and would stay again for that. Before I came in I called and asked about wi-fi. Lady said they had no complaints. But the wi-fi doesn't work during peak usage times (in late afternoon and night). The campground uses an internet service that required frequent sign ons. When I talked to lady about slow and unworkable wi-fi, I was told to call service technicians on instructions provided. I did, and got no reply. So don't count on good wi-fi service! We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

sandimal

Campground is nice. Too far between the 2 shower houses. Nice landscape. Would stay again. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

gypsy_nanna

We stayed here for 3 months, (thus $17 rate) and immediately felt at home. Everything was clean and well maintained. Office staff were very accessible and friendly, escort to site nice, and they helped back us in. Sites are level and a nice size, angled for easier backing, several drive through sites also available. We enjoyed the fitness center, pool and putt putt areas, as well as large lake to walk around and let the dogs run. Laundry facilities are clean and reasonably priced. The convenience to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, drug stores and restaurants cannot be beat, just minutes away. The atmosphere of the park is a relaxed setting, and owner/managers take pride in their park. Only improvement we see, would be to add cable TV. We will definitely stay here again if working in the area. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

hdob

Sun Roamers is a very nice park but has it's drawbacks. We had the feeling from the moment we arrived that we were constantly being watched. The staff is friendly but there seems to be a lot of unwritten rules that you will be unaware of. Satellite TV is spotty at best with only a couple local stations. They have a beautiful pool but are quick to tell you that upkeep is expensive and your guests are charged $5.00 apiece daily. There is a 5mph posted speed limit which is enforced with warnings and speed bumps on the entrance road. The workout room is small with outdated equipment some of it broken. If you have a motorcycle, do not idle it in the park as management will be watching and I presume waiting to warn you. On the upside, laundry facilities are adequate and inexpensive and the park is clean. The bathhouse was kept locked so I am unable to comment on it's condition. Apparently there are some permanent campers with some being friendly but most are not. The RV spots are wide and roomy and there are a number of concrete pads. If you prefer a quiet park with a lot of unwritten rules this is a good place for you. If you are looking to co-mingle with other RV'ers, I would find another campground. I doubt that I would stay here again. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Al Larson

This quiet campground convenient to I-59, a Wal-Mart, and a Winn-Dixie supermarket. The park offers very good Wi-Fi service via prepaid subscription to a local provider. However, the initial connection to the service was not intuitively obvious to me. A very pleasant staff member had provided verbal instructions, but forgot to mention one important step. A handout to assist with connecting would be helpful. I don’t normally connect to the water service at campgrounds, instead relying on my on-board tank. When I went to fill my tanks I discovered the poorest water pressure that I experienced in my travels. The flow was so low (about 3 gallons per minute) that I gave up and filled my tank at my next stop. Before setting up on a site in this campground, check the water pressure. You may want to move another location in the park. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

FireFish

Came in late and were shown to our pull through. They are new and right next to the entrance. Noisy with the gravel road. They have tried to slow people down with speed bumps. It was oldie an overnight. There are a lot of long term rigs. Not sure that we would stay again. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

petlvr

A very nice little park. Quiet and off the highway. Grounds are well kept up and very clean. Big difference in price between back-in and pull-through sites. Back-ins were $25. Pull-through sites were $35. The sites are level. Some sites are cement some gravel. Very nice staff. I had a little problem connecting w/the internet (the directions were not clear) and they helped me log in. After that it was a great connection. I did not check out their restrooms/showers but used their laundry facility. Very clean also (washers & dryers were $1.50 each). Great place to walk the dog. We would absolutely stay here again. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

ghh

This is a gem! It was clean, well kept and spacious. The staff is friendly and helpful. We used CCUSA for the fee. We would love to visit here again. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Barry & Diane

This is a well maintained campground with large pine trees and a lot of cones that come with it. Nice level and roomy sites. The property of the campground is quite big with the permanent residents on one end and lot of seasonals on the other. Showers in the back didn't work but that might had something to do with the weather. The laundry there was open though and looked clean. Wifi was free and worked fine at our site in the far back of the campground. The staff was very friendly and if you're into cabins, they have some really nice ones in typical Mississippi style. We would stay here again. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

roborjoanne

This park was used by us as an overnight stop and provided us with all the necessary amenities we required for an easy stop over. Although the main area of the park had back-in sites for many extended stay units, we were given a nice long, level pull-through site so we would not have to offload our car and/or unhook the tow dolly. We had an open view of the southwest sky which enabled us to use our roof-top satellite dish. The park also provided Wi-Fi at no charge to guests using it. The office was located in a beautiful log cabin lodge, and offered a warm and relaxing atmosphere to sit and read or watch television. The Olympic size pool was located just behind the lodge. Unfortunately for our stay it was too cold to use. Although we stayed only one night utilizing our Camp Club USA discounted rate, multiple nights are allowed here with the discount. The park is located approximately 1 1/2 miles from I-59 and the lack of road noise was very relaxing and much appreciated!! We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

reccarey

A very unpretentious campground with 80% permanent guests yet one of the cleanest and best maintained campgrounds I've seen. Extended stay campers maintain the areas around their RV tastefully with little buildup in extraneous junk found elsewhere. There are very quiet, large camp sites, and a very helpful staff. This is the first time in years that someone helped me back into my site thereby saving the aggravation normally seen between some husband and wives. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

jim601

I moved here, and found the staff very helpful and friendly. They do some group events and can accommodate fairly good size venues. This is a park that was hit hard by Katrina and most of the FEMA's are gone. They have 4 or 5 MEMA's which are the cabin type, but the tenants are very nice and quiet. The pool is nice, and shallow in one end for the kiddies, perfect for the smaller swimmers. The full timers are spread out so unless you're here all the time you really can't tell too much. Some of the short extended folks just blend in. It's a very friendly park and stay here alot. I've based my stay here for over 4 months and recommend it to anyone. Wi-Fi is good and included, monthly rates aren't bad either. Owner is very reasonable with request for some additional charges, but most are for the full timers. Very nice park. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Toni L

I was told by one of the employees that the park is for sale. There may be a change in ownership by the end of the year. It is possible that the new owners may be selling individual lots. Conditions have gone down with the present owner. Cats and dogs are loose. Some long term residents have accumulated a lot of things outside their trailers creating a junky appearance. Free wifi worked well most of the time, but some days it did not work. Rate is based on monthly rental for a premium site. We camped at Sun Roamers RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sun Roamers RV Resort?