Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park

Poplarville, Mississippi

38 Haascienda Ln
Poplarville, Mississippi 39470

• Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $10.00

Have never stayed at more welcoming place, and now I actually live on the property. Owner is an absolute sweetheart. Goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. I highly recommend to come stay a night or more. We camped at Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park in a Cabin.

Concrete, Dirt, Grass
Other

Spacious, Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $16.00

Internal roads are dirt, rough and narrow, sites are grass, mostly level and ours was a pull-through, facilities worked well. Staff were friendly, most of the sites are for permanent residents. The road to the park was very narrow, probably should be a one-way but I didn't see any signs. T-Mobile cell service was good 4G LTE. The park was quiet. We would stay here again. We camped at Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $16.00

This campground consists of a large field of mowed grass surrounded by trees, with sites backing against the trees. There is a rutted dirt/gravel access road for the last 1/4 mile to the campground and within the campground itself. The field is quite level as are the sites - we didn't need any boards for levelling. Hookups are at the rear and the sewer is the furthest one back. With our 39' fifth wheel parked back against the bushes, two sewer hoses just barely reached the sewer pipe. The area is moderately quiet, although you can hear the train running through town about 1/2 a mile away and we could hear what sounded like a marching band practicing somewhere nearby during the day. The owner was quite friendly. The flags flying over the office give some insight into the atmosphere. They included: American, US Marines, Nascar and the Confederate flag. At $16 for full hookups, this was the best bargain of our entire trip. The campground is a bit hard to find. It did not appear on our GPS. Leaving the Interstate, look for the campground sign on your right on Barlow street after you pass the Autzone. It almost looks like you are turning into a strip mall, but the road will lead past the businesses and around the corner to the fields behind. Easy access to and from the interstate and a good place for an overnight stop. We camped at Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $13.00

An acceptable overnight stop. Owner/manager really nice and has apparently invested a lot of effort and expense in the campground. Good 50-amp power and water pressure. Dirt/gravel roads create a lot of dust when large vehicles are moved. We camped at Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $20.00

I came across this park back in 2005 only weeks after Katrina had hit the coast. I found shelter at this small town with a campground located only about 1/2 mile from the interstate. Some real nice folks as the owners with four young sons. At that time they had about 12 or 14 campsites and about 100 campers plus tents. They took in every relief worker some FEMA folks plus some locals. What was only a few campsites turned into a small city. I've been back off and on for about two years: the workers and FEMA have gone. Last fall I stopped back at the ranch to say hello. Things have changed: there's a water slide, more cabins and a playground. Just a nice little country campground with some really nice folks that will go out of their way to help you. Its a great place to stay when I am visiting New Orleans, less 1 hour drive. See you there on my next trip! We camped at Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $10.00

Hosts went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They are working daily to make this an enjoyable and pleasant place for campers. They have a huge brick fire pit and had fires in the evening to which everyone was welcome. We were invited to a Halloween party and weiner roast. It was such fun and all campers were there. It is close to Gulfport, Biloxi and New Orleans. They also put us on to a great swamp tour which was great. Definitely a neat place to go back to. It is a Passport America campground also. We camped at Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2005 - $15.00

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at this park, (why they call themselves "ranch," I'll never understand) for four nights. Unless you are in dire straits, do yourselves a favor and drive on. This place has absolutely NOTHING to offer a traveling RV'er. The bathrooms looked vintage World War I, there are no activities, no playground, no pool, no restaurant, no laundromat, no pay phone, no burn pits, no esthetics, no camp store. Absolutely nothing to do, look at, partake in or buy. And it was noisy when we stayed here: loud, boisterous guests, many tenters and dogs that barked ALL NIGHT. Also: count on zero shade as there are no trees. Don't count on getting a hot shower in their bathroom facilities if you get back after dinnertime; every shower I took ran out of hot water within minutes of my turning it on. The RV sites sit right on top of each other, making it hard for those with slide-outs. Drive-through sites are non-existent. The owner seems more interested in making money than in making customers happy. Indeed, he bragged about going out of his way to have all-night car races (there is a dusty race track there but it wasn't used during my stay) just to annoy his neighbors and prove to them that his RV park isn't going anywhere. While I was here, the owner was complaining about FEMA coming in and taking over, although FEMA was helping him enlarge the park and filling his pockets all the while, something he evidently DOES seem to like. But the worse thing of all was he was cutting corners while adding new underground wiring for new RV sites. Because he chose to "save money" on the necessary wiring, one of the trailers caught on fire one night of my stay and there was a huge power surge and subsequent massive power outage. Well, to make a long story short, (?) my computer's hard drive got fried as a result of the power surge (it was so strong it even fried the surge protector as well) and it later cost me $275 to get my computer fixed. I was terrified that it had affected my RV's electrical system, but thankfully, this wasn't the case. He refused to take responsibility for his actions, even though some of the homes surrounding his RV park were affected by the power surge and outage as well. God only knows what became of those unsuspecting people's electronics. I thought I was saving money by staying at Haas-Cienda Ranch because I was lured there by their reasonable RV fees, but it cost me WAY more than I had planned, and at a time when money was tight. Do yourselves a favor and keep driving. This little, out-of-the-way RV park can't offer you anything more than a Wal-Mart parking lot can, and parking at Wal-Mart is free! If I had stayed at Wal-Mart, I would have saved myself $275, PLUS the money I paid to Haas-Cienda RV Park for a little electricity and water. This place is an embarrassment to RV parks everywhere as it is quite evident all they are interested in is your wallet and not your continued patronage. We camped at Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park

Are you affiliated with Haas-Cienda Ranch RV Park ?