Magnolia RV Park Resort

Vicksburg, Mississippi

Vicksburg, Mississippi

Ask fellow campers about "Magnolia RV Park Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $28.00

Great for an overnight. Most sites seem to be local live ins, but all are well kept and the folks we met were all friendly. Wifi works better than most, the site was level and it was quiet. We were checked in by a staff member, who was great and told us where to go shopping. It's not a resort, but it's great for a night on the road. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $29.00

Magnolia RV Park, Jackson, MS. $29.00. This park is OK for an overnight stay, but no longer than that. Mostly long term residents or seasonal occupants. There appears to be 6 or 8 pull through spots for short term or overnight guests. The utilities were functional and in good working order, although the water pressure was a bit weak. Our spot (No. 8) was level and clean. The spots are very close together, we were fortunate that the spots on either side of us was empty, so enough space was available, but if they were occupied then it would have been tight. The park has a nice dog park and play lot with play ground equipment for children, although no children were seen. There is a pool but it was closed for the season. The park manager mentioned a gym, but we did not use it. There is a video library and book exchange in the office. The park was clean and looked to be adequately maintained. Easy access to I-20 without the noise. I would overnight here again. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Motorhome.

There is a large Walmart about 1/2 to 3/4 miles away.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $29.00

Close to I-20 but without the noise. Quiet park with campers parked close together but enough room to put out slides. Looks like the owner does most of the work/maintenance and there doesn't seem to be enough time for all the chores ...like mowing the grass/weeds throughout the sites. There is a lawn area and a dog park. All hookup were adequate. I consider Magnolia to be a one night stopover on your way thru Vicksburg. We camped here in our motorhome W/toad. 50/50 whether we stay next time or try another park. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $28.00

Very convenient to the interstate but far enough that there is no traffic noise. The roads are narrow but easy to get in and out of the sites. The sites are narrow. Our neighbor had to put their awning in some to allow our slide to go out. They were sitting right outside our windows. The owner was super nice and helpful. The WiFi was great and fast. Because of the tightness of the sites we would look else where next time. Good for a night or two. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Motorhome.

We visited the Vicksburg National Military Park. We attended church at Crossway Church just down the highway.

Featured Campgrounds Near Magnolia RV Park Resort

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $25.00

Awkward zig-zag entry - as soon as you go thru the entry you have to make an immediate left, so if there are any vehicles at the office, you'll just have to block them in. One-way paved road with gravel sites. OK utilites, weak wifi. Lots of sketchy permanents and unused rigs. When the park flyer reminds all that we're law-abiding citizens and no illegal activities are allowed.....Hmmmm. We'd stay elsewhere next time. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $17.00

The lots are gravel, some grass In between the lots & some shade is available. Big fenced in area for a dog run, also nice level ground to walk your pets around the campgrounds. I travel for work, it seems I'm always "taking a shot in the dark" when it comes to picking a park to set up for temp home. "Lady Luck" shined on me when I found this park back in 2008. Every time I come to Vicksburg, I know I have a great place to stay. This is my 3rd time here, and when I have to come back, this is where I'll end up. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Shuttles from the local casinos will pick you up at the office and bring you back when you're ready. Several casinos within 5-7 miles from the location.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $28.00

This is a small park with many permanent residents. Some of the units are older with clutter around them. The office manager was very nice and checked out our site before we pulled in. It was convenient to the Vicksburg Military site. Easy in and out of the park. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Motorhome.

Close to casinos and to the Military Park. The Tomato stand nearby has great produce and is a Deli worth eating their Cuban Sandwich. We would stay there again.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

This is no resort. However it is a an okay RV park.

Park owner?/manager was very accommodating and made himself very accessible. To get my Escapees discount the payment for my one night stay was cash only.

All sites are packed gravel with a thin strip of grass between you and your neighbor. Your "patio' is your neighbors utility connections. Power was solid with no voltage dips despite the campground being packed full and temperatures above 90 degrees with A/Cs running full blast. Water pressure okay and sewer connection was in good shape. Wifi was good until late evening when everybody was online, their system just couldn't handle all the traffic and connections were dropped and not able to be reaquired. Verizon signal was good for jetpack and voice calls.

My site was a very convenient pull through, fairly level with no tree obstructions for satellite. However it was not big enough to hold both my 5th wheel and truck when disconnected. I asked, and got permission, to park my truck perpendicular across the driveway in order not to hang out into the very narrow road in front of me.

If a campground in the Vicksburg area was my destination I would probably pick one of the nearby state parks or COE facilities for a multi-night stay or camping experience. But if passing through as I am, this RV park works. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

The Vicksburg Battlefield National Park is a must-see if you are even the slightest history buff.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $25.00

This site actually makes arrangements for late night visitors. I had called ahead and prepaid though. I dont recall a camping site sign on the interstate exits, but I consider this a hidden gem. The owner reserved me a end site where I simply pulled into. My neighbors were a mix of all races and class, but I felt safe enough to grill out the only time on my trip. A picnic table was nearby. I had a full hookup. My only concern was my proximity to the Mississippi River and the parking area being so low, but it was not a problem. I would stay there again. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $26.00

I arrived after official office hours but they stayed open until I arrived. Although spots are very close together, everything is well-maintained. The dogs loved the dog run. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Travel Trailer.

A little off the main road so just about the time you think your GPS has mislead you, you will find your destination on the right.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $29.00

We've used this an overnight location several times and will continue. Reasonably priced for a quiet night's sleep. Easy on/off I-20. Never used any of the facilities. Sites are a bit tight, but we do not have any issues: 36 ft MH plus tow - sites are pull through and easily managed. Staff is always helpful. Site surface is gravel and features a picnic table. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $28.00

We traveled with a pickup towing our 5th wheel and an SUV towing a small UHaul cargo trailer due to an out of state move. Because of the closeness to I-20 my husband called Magnolia Resorts.

When we arrived in the evening my husband went to the office to check in; at that time he asked if it was possible to rent an adjoining site so we wouldn't have to park our other vehicle in the back lot. He was told that somebody had already booked the adjoining site. Needless to say nobody ever pulled into the adjoining site and it remained empty when we left the next morning.

As far as being a resort, it isn't. The grass must have just been freshly cut because we tracked it in each time we returned from outside. The swimming pool was green. The sites were extremely close. The cable tv had very limited channels. The park was quiet at night though. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $25.00

Very friendly and accomodating. Easy pull through and easy hook up. Nice neighbors. Quiet. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $28.00

Very convenient, right off I-20, easy access. Small park with very close sites. You wouldn't way to spend a lot of time here, but as an overnight stop like we did it was fine. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. We would stay here again as it met our needs and has fuel access & a walmart close by. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $29.00

If it has been raining do not go to this park. Interior roads are muddy. Sites are too close together. It is old and run down. We camped at Magnolia RV Park Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Magnolia RV Park Resort

Are you affiliated with Magnolia RV Park Resort ?