The Landing Point RV Park

Cape Girardeau, Missouri

3020 Boutin Dr
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Phone Phone ?

Ask fellow campers about "The Landing Point RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

About 1/2 of the park is seasonal people with very junky sites. Two unisex bathrooms that were satisfactory. No real amenities except a dog run. Whole place is starting to look rundown. Our pull through was on the end and it was OK. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

We were here over Memorial Day weekend and no one was in the office for several days. We thought that was a bit odd as there were a lot of rigs coming in and out. There was a list at the door with our site number since we made reservations, so we just pulled in. I assumed we paid ahead of time, although I didn't make a note of this, as I usually do, but no one to pay. It's a nice quiet park with some long term people but a pretty well kept park. The dog park area was nice, but the grass needed to be cut very badly. Lots of clover with bees. Utilities worked well, site was level and we were able to get satellite even with some shade on our site. Easy to get into town. Over a week after we left, I got a message on my phone from them asking if we showed up and saying they didn't have our credit card on file What??? I called back and made it right, but this was very odd. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $34.00

We stayed here while exploring the Cape Girardeau area. The park is clean and conveniently located. There is a large section of full-timers at one end of the park, but it was tidy and didn't seem to detract from the overall experience. We were in a pull-through site in the "transient" area that was very large and level. We decided to stay two extra nights due to weather, and had to move to a back-in site because our pull-through had been booked. The back-in site was also large and level. The owners were working hard mowing and raking and had the park looking good in spite of heavy rains. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $34.00

This was a good stop along the way, although we felt the park could have been picked up better. There was trash on the ground, but it was single-digit weather, so perhaps the staff just stayed inside that week, for good reason. The showers were poorly designed. There were 3 showers for the entire park (unisex), but only two rooms that lock from the outside. One shower had its own room, but the other room had 2 showers and a toilet out in the open. The setup for that shower room, as a result, would only be for family-members sharing it. Given the setup, the room containing 2 showers was often used by a single person, who would lock the door, basically taking the shower situation down to only 2 for the whole park. Our pull through site was easy to get in/out and fairly level. The price was reasonable, and the staff was friendly. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Home of Rush Limbaugh. St. Louis is an easy day-trip.

Featured Campgrounds Near The Landing Point RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $34.00

Had a nice shaded spot in corner of park. Easy access to town and a good stop over for us as we traveled through. No issues and we would definitely stay here again. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Take time to go down to the old historic section on the Mississippi River Walk. Neat bars/restaurants/antiques, etc.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

Very helpful office staff that led us to our site. The laundry was exceptionally clean. Staff was very helpful. The park also provided us with a great RV tech (Steve) who came to our coach to repair turn signals. We spent 3 days in the park and will do so again. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 61

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We arrived during normal working hours and office was locked and no one in there. Fortunately, I had read reviews previous to mine and knew that office may not be open. Found box on wall marked "Registrations" and retrieved envelope and paperwork to check ourselves in. I had talked to manager on the way to park and found out what site we were to park in. Filled out short paperwork after getting to site and enclosed my check in the return envelope. Drove back to office and inserted envelope in "payments" slot. WiFi was slow at times but the cable worked great and had digital signals. Our site was a drive thru and a concrete slab with huge shade tree. All utilities worked. We had picnic table and fire ring which we did not use. Park was quite. Lots of permanent rvs and trailers but they were mostly located in different section of park. We stayed 3 days and would definitely return in the future. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $28.00

Beautiful landscaping level sites and they left you alone. No long page of rules. Love this place would come back. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

go to Brossards restaurant downtown great Cajun food. Large portions

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $34.00

The Landing Point RV Park appears to have a lot of full-timers but everything is kept nice and tidy. The interior roads are asphalt paved. The sites are gravel with concrete pads for the motorhome. Electric is good with 121 volts on each leg. The cable connection is excellent. I've never seen an RV park with virtually no useable office hours. Some days the office is only open from 5 pm to 6 pm and some days they open at 10-6pm. So basically, it's a self service type check in. I'm not sure if they sell anything in the office as it was closed when I checked in. But, one of the most important things, there is not good signage to the park. The BIG advertisement sign at the interstate says make a left turn at the exit ramp go 2 miles, then right 2 miles. This is not totally true in that there is an additional turn not mentioned. I came to a 'Y' in the road and did not know which way to go, of course I went the wrong way. Thank goodness I found a place to turn around. I mentioned it to the clerk by phone and they agreed they need a sign at that turn. HELLO! We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $34.00

The park was fine for our needs. The utilities worked well, but it was kind of a long stretch to the sewer hookup, all the way at the back of the site. It's a bit of a drive into town and down to the old town area. There's another park closer into town, Cape Camping and RV Park, which looks like it is right on the Cape LaCroix Bike trail, a nice paved 5.6 mile trail that goes into the middle of town. We might choose that one if we're in the area again. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

The very best thing about our stay here was the people: the management is among the best we have encountered, above-and-beyond helpful. Plus, the locals and other guests staying there were some of the nicest, friendliest folks we've met in our travels.
The park itself is nice too. Nice large spots with plenty of room to maneuver with fairly level concrete pads and paved roads. There is a lot of open space around the sites so you never feel crammed together. It's close to town but still quiet so you can feel like you're not in the middle of everything (and especially not next to the interstate). Connections for sewer, water, electric and cable were all convenient and the wifi was strong. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $34.00

The office was closed when we arrived at 4 PM, but our site was clearly noted on a calendar taped to the door, along with a site map. We had a huge level pull through spot. Most of the campground seems to be dedicated to full timers, but it was well kept and very quiet (except for somebody walking their barking dogs at 5:45 AM). There was lots of grass and a stream with a few steep and slippery paths down. And, finally, a campground with a dog exercise pen that's actually big enough to exercise a dog! Verizon cell service was excellent. We would return. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Motorhome.

Google Maps and campground directions are actually the same although the use different names for the same road (W and Boutin)

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $30.00

Large campground, primarily permanent residents. Many vacant trailers, including some for sale. Level pull through campsite with full hookup worked well for us for an overnight stay. Surprisingly minimal bathroom facility for this campground, i.e., a single unisex bathroom containing two showers, two sinks, and one toilet for the entire campground. Cable TV was supposedly available but my cable connection did not work at all. I was able to receive a few channels over the air. Good wifi. Site was level, allowing me to stay hooked up to my tow vehicle for the overnight stay. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Easy connection to I-55 a few miles away.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

This park has nice wide, long sites, either pull through or back in. It has the potential of being outstanding if there was more attention to landscaping. For example, we had a back in site on the creek. However, we couldn't see the creek due to much growth of vegetation. There was supposed to be a garden next to our site but it hasn't been given any attention for some time and is full of weeds and landscaping material. The long term sites look much more attractive, whether its due to the tenants there or the park management I don't know. Cable was spotty and wifi usual slow but other utilities were fine. Roads easy to navigate. Delightful lady checked us in. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots of parks in town for walking.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $35.00

Great park with close access to Old Town Cape Giradeau down by the river. Large shaded sites. Has some permanent residents, but was very quiet and kept up. Nice little dog park. No one staffing the office regularly, but didn't really need anyone. Stayed on Site 80 which was quite large and shaded. Come in the back way to avoid the roundabout. Stayed two nights. Would definitely stay again. We camped at The Landing Point RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near The Landing Point RV Park

Are you affiliated with The Landing Point RV Park ?