Mark Twain Cave Campground

Recent Rate: $33 8/2016

Longitude: -91.33232831955

• ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $33.00

This campsite was a huge disappointment. They had overbooked and we could only have a water and electric site in a horrid narrow muddy shady site, we had booked an open site with full hook up. We appreciate this can happen but we were not offered any compensation. They ask campers not to park on the grass but due to lack of maintenance there is no demarcation between grass and gravel. The space between our site and the next was extremely narrow. The water hook up was on the opposite side of the site to the electric hook up and luckily we had an extra hose we could connect. Wifi very poor to non existent. Site not worth $33. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

B 2
Dirt, Grass

This whole park needs extensive refurbishment. We do not recommend.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $32.00

This campground needs work. Roads are dirt and rutted with pot holes. Lots of low hanging tree limbs. Pull thru sites are in the sun and are very close together. Picnic tables are close to the sewer connections. Good electric and water pressure. A good base camp for sightseeing. I stayed 2 days. I would stay here again. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Motorhome.

E2

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $32.00

First time here and was anxious to see the cave and check out the winery. Both the winery and cave were worth the visit. The RV park on the other hand could use some work. Roads were riddled with potholes and mud, tree branches were hanging low in the back part of the park where they put me, "section D". I asked the front desk if they could cut the low hanging branches so that it would not scratch my coach and others that would follow behind me. And they did not. I asked them to cut the branches twice. The day I arrived and the day that I departed. I had to drive the wrong way in the park and back down roads to get to my site without striking tree limbs. Some tree branches were within me touching them with me standing on my tip toes. Other than the fear of scratching my rig it was quiet and peaceful. Good water pressure and electric. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Motorhome.

section D
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Take the steamboat ride, check out the museum, do the cave tour and if you like wine, hit their winery.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $32.00

Beautiful park setting. Site was nice & long plus level.
Roads were narrow with tight turns. Roads also were rutted & potholed, definitely need some repairs. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Motorhome.

D1

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $31.00

I'm not sure what some people expect as I liked this location. Close to town and all activities you would want. I have air bags for leveling and they got me level. I was in the center section and was able to get Sat TV. I'm sure if you were under the trees you would not get any Sat TV. WiFi was not as good as I would like, but I was able to get on and look at some things. As I checked, Bathrooms was clean and the hot water was hot. I would stay here again. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Motorhome.

center section

There is a super Walmart in town. Recommend "FiddleSticks" for Dinner. had a great meal and super service.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $32.00

Stayed in a pull thru to the back of the campground. Site was level and full hookup was good. Site was not as big as the back-ins that where on the outer edge. The sites more at front of campground where not as level but did have allot of shape. The WIFI didn't work for me at all. The store didn't have many camping things. Had a nice winery , place to eat and the cave. We stayed in a 32 ft travel trailer and would stay their again. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Site D7

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $32.00

We stayed for only 1 night and toured the Mark Twain house and museum the next morning. We had a reasonably long, gravel and dirt, pull-through, full hook-up site at the end of a row. It was shaded by a large tree on the driver's side of the site. So, we had a little privacy and a very quiet night in the large, but only half-full, campground. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

D7

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $32.00

We stayed for 2 nights, while we explored the Hannibal area. The water and electric hook ups were at the back of the site, with the sewer hook up in middle. The people were friendly, the campground was clean, there was plenty of shady sites. Our site was level and looked like it was supposed to be gravel, but the gravel was gone. There was a fire ring and picnic table at each site. They have a winery, the Mark Twain Cave, and some shops just outside the campground. There is also a trolley stop there, if you don't want to drive into town. We would stay again. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Motorhome.

F-5

Highly recommend the Haunted Hannibal tour, they really know there stuff, and they have written a book about it. There is the Mark Twain Boyhood Home, Mark Twain Cave, the riverboat cruise, Mark Twain Gallery,

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $32.00

This campground is convenient to Hannibal. Sites were not very level, road was in bad shape, campground store was worthless (unless you wanted cheese or soda- needed milk!). Nice playground. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

F14

Take the time to eat at La Binnah restaurant in Hannibal. It was the highlight of our stay!

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $32.00

I did look into showers and toilets to see what they looked like at least the one closest to us and they where clean.

We stayed in F17 it wasn't level; the majority of sites aren't, but the pull-throughs seemed to be and the ones close to the creek.

Lot of shade trees except in the "F" area we where in this areas no sites level. We have Sprint and Verizon neither had bars to get out except by text. This place is in a nice little valley. Not much noise and at night no security lights and that was a great thing. No cable and the wifi didn't work ever and no trash pick up. Did see Hannibal police drive thru. Sunday was maybe 5 other rver's in park raining and electric started going out about 5 times. Of course I called lady seemed upset that I did. Then around 12 noon water went off wife was doing laundry no water so I called and asked lady hung up on me. Promise I was just reporting it to her all the times I called twice and was nice. I would stay here again very peaceful, but I need a good signals or a good wifi for my business. I'm coming back to Hannibal it's a great little town lots of history. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

F17

Ride the trolly bus came to the park very informative and got to see lots of stuff that we went back to see later. Riverview Cemetery, also Lovers Leap great view a we like both my favorite view was cemetery. Go up 5th street if you like old big houses it was called the million dollar blocks. If you watched M.A.S.H. you heard of Col Harry Potter talking about his home in Hannibal there is actual is a Col Harry Potter that lives on 5th street. Nobody knows how that happened.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $32.00

This campground has a lot of potential! We stayed here about 5 years ago and it was obvious that very little had been done in the way of improvements since then. They badly need to at least grade the road used by every camper through the entire campground, if not entirely resurfacing the road! It's narrow and full of potholes and is very rough. When it rains, it's just mud holes everywhere. We saw several sites that were all mud due to recent rains. The pull through sites are mostly gravel so that helps.

The campground setting is lovely with large trees and a creek running through the outside edge of the campground. The services worked well but sites are spaced very close together in most sections. The outside loop of back-in sites have a little more space than the pull-through sites. We barely had room for our trailer and the truck once we disconnected in our pull through site assigned us. We'll ask for a back-in if we return.

There's the famous Mark Twain cave which you can tour and several gift shops including a winery on site. The campground office also has a small store with basics available. The downtown Trolley tour makes several runs to the campground daily so you could use that for touring downtown Hannibal, as long as you're mindful of your time constraints. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

D-1

Hannibal is a delight! It was Samuel L. Clemons' (aka Mark Twain) home until he was 18 years old so the city makes the most of that.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $32.00

Great campground for families. So much to do on site: the cave tour, panning for gems and fossil dig are really fun (small fees for these), and the onsite winery is nice for the adults. The park has a great playground with a large sandbox and toys available for the kids. We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back! We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Motorhome.

The fun (but overpriced) Sawyer's Creek Family Fun Park is within walking distance from the campground.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $32.00

This is a great campground if they would just mow the campsites. Cell service non-existent. It is older and shows a lot of wear. Very quiet. Staff is great. We stayed 5 days. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

D2

Close to all attractions in Hannibal. Go see Louisiana Mo. as well. If you like old homes and old buildings and touring, this is a great place. While here drive over to Quincy Ill. The homes and buildings in this town are awesome. Very picturesque drive along old river road.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $32.00

We stayed here just one night. The staff was friendly. Yes the road to the sites is rough. We have a big rig and there was no problem with the thin new growth branches grazing the roof top. I was worried about branches scraping the sides but there were none. The Wi-Fi didn't work at night but was up in the morning. Park is just a few miles from downtown Hannibal. It works good for a short visit. Site was very level and long enough for our 40' and tow. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $34.00

We really enjoyed this campground. It is quiet--no traffic noise although only a mile from Hannibal. We stayed mid week, so it was uncrowded, but they apparently fill up on weekends, and the sites might then feel crowded, especially the pull through sites. The overall feel is of a campground rather than an RV park, which we enjoyed. Lots of trees, gravel roads, gravel sites. We had no problem with leveling, but we couldn't connect to water and sewer at the same time because of utility placement. Bonus points from us for the winery that is on site with really nice grounds and outside seating. Also the touring trolley comes to the Cave, which is part of the campground property, so you can go sightseeing without taking your vehicle to town. We recommend this property and would definitely return. We camped at Mark Twain Cave Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Casino Queen RV Park

East St Louis, Illinois

Injun Joe Campground

Sundermeier RV Park

St Charles, Missouri

Bayview Campers Park

Palmyra, Missouri

Are you affiliated with Mark Twain Cave Campground?