Great Escape RV Park & Campground

Higginsville, Missouri

Higginsville, Missouri

• Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Great Escape RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $32.00

Not too bad for the price we paid. Mostly outdated and most of the property was mowed. Next to interstate so you can hear the traffic. All gravel roads so it's pretty dusty in the summer. No security lights outside at night, so I was tripping outside in the uneven landscape and roads. Fenced in doggie park with a shade tree which is nice for the two dogs. The RV site was not long enough for a 40 ft. trailer and truck. Would not stay here again if the price was higher. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 27
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Not the prettiest park we've ever been in, but we still liked it a lot! It needed to be mowed when we were there, but it was very clean. Very nice and clean swimming pool with lots of seating, very nice laundry room and 4 or 5 individual bathrooms with stand up showers all clean. Very nice lady at check in, convenient off I-70, nice dog run. Would stay here again! We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Be sure to go to the Arcadian Moon winery and brewery a mile down the road. Everything is made on site and we had delicious beer and food!! Live music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Nice park setting on a lake with seating inside or out. Very friendly staff, thanks Shari for the great service!!

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $32.00

8 rating for RV Park Reviews: Stayed 1 night during travel. Overall good facility but not exceptional. The staff/owner's service was very good which enhanced ratings. Sites were plenty long enough but a bit on the narrow side with only 8-10 feet of green space between sites. Bathhouse was nice and clean but a bit on the old/tired side. Good wi-fi but no Cable TV. Right off of I-70 so very convenient for an overnight travel stay. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $31.00

This is a pleasant park situated about in a country setting, about one third of the way (going west) between Kansas City and Saint Louis. We stayed in a drive-through site that was level and easily accessible. All the hook-ups worked well and were conveniently located. For us this was an excellent place to stay while traveling and we would certainly stay here again.. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Great Escape RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

Although close to I70, this park is quiet and easy on and off, with fuel close by. We had a spacious, level pull thru with good utilities and open sky for dish. The wifi worked very well. There is a nice pool and clubhouse and a couple of lakes, if you would like to fish. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

Park has an upper & lower lot. Most sites have no shade and are very close to neighboring site. Site is loose gravel & dirt with F/H and small strip of dry grass. Has community room, pool & laundry room. The restroom/showers are dated but basically clean. Convenient for overnight stay when traveling i70. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

We arrived the day after a tornado had passed by the park and they were cleaning up/cutting down damaged trees. According to the staff this was a highly unusual event, though they seemed to perform well by ensuring their visitors evacuated their RV's for the safety of the on site shelter. The sites are gravel, fairly level, wide and long enough for most RV's and tows. The area is in a very pretty, park like setting. A bit of road noise on sites closer to the freeway, not noticeable as you get further away or down in the lower area. All utilities work well, wifi was decent. Nice size very clean pool. Great fenced dog area and acres to walk dogs on leashes. Restrooms/showers clean but a bit spartan. Will stay here again. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

Very nice owners and staff. Have stayed at this park in the past and have noticed drastic improvements, especially regarding the grounds. Nicely kept and clean with 2 fishing ponds which can also be used with kayak, small boat, etc...(no motors). Clean restrooms and shower and laundry. There is a nice selection of books an games for use from the laundry room. The pool is open and refreshing salt water. Most sites are pull through with 50 Amp service, water and sewer. Free WiFi is available throughout the park. The upper sites have nice shade with tree coverage. There are 2 club houses for rent. The upper is large for big groups and events. The lower deck is good for RV Clubs, Group, etc... The park can accommodate large RV's as well as smaller back in sites for smaller travel trailers, popups, tents, etc. The sites are close to each other but the staff does well spacing RV's for added space unless they are full. Each site has picnic table and fire pit. Firewood can be purchased from the office at a very reasonable price. Ice is available at the office and soft drink machines are located at each level. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Upper Section

The park is right off I-70 and easy access. There is a truck stop across I-70 as well as a McDonalds and Casey's. There is a small Wal-Mart in Higginsville (about 5 Miles from the Park). Mainly fast food type of restaurants. Large shopping and eating is only about 20 minutes West on I-70. Enjoyed this stay and plan to come back.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $35.00

Our site was level, but our traveling companions had trouble getting level. The dog park had not been mowed but the adjoining field was mowed and nice for the dogs to run. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Had dinner at the Red Shanty. Very good.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $30.00

Nice little park. They had just opened up for the season so things were not as neat and tidy as they could be. Mostly mowing needed but the owner was out there taking care of it. The dog park area was very much in need of mowing but once that's done is will be nice. Two pretty ponds and nice area to walk the dogs. Like I said, they had just opened and are getting things up and running again. The pool looked good and they were expanding the deck area. Meeting room/shower/laundry building looked in very good condition so I feel it will be a very nice, relaxing spot. At first glance it didn't seem so but it really grew on us and was peaceful and pretty. Site was level hookups worked well. The only thing that gave us trouble was our GPS in locating this park. It had us turn left instead of right which took us down a dead end road next to the Interstate. We knew we were in the wrong spot when it said our destination was on the left. Don't think so, that's the Interstate! We were able to turn around though and find it in the opposite direction. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

Easy to find and easy access off the interstate. Very clean, laundry area was well organized, club house clean and tidy. Good size fishing ponds (catch & return only), small pool, dog area, easy pull thru sites. Not far from SpaceCraft Custom RV campers. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

Very clean and well kept. Easy access into and out of the park. This was a great place we found on the spur of the moment for our Labor Day getaway. I highly recommend this campground! The kids and grandkids loved the pool and pond. We will definitely be back next year several times. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $30.00

Park had long, level sites. Seems to need some more gravel or grooming in sites and some roads - looks a little worn. Nice ponds you can fish in. Nice lady checking us in. Easy to get off and on I-70. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $37.00

I stayed at this park for a month while I worked in the area. Since it's the only park that I knew about, I just stuck it out. The short term area at the top of the campground may be fine for a night or two, but the "long term" area down a fairly steep set of hills is way less than desirable. Weeds were a major problem plus huge ruts in the main roads during times of rain. May was a rainy month however there were many, many days without rain. We had to pull the 3 -4 ft weeds to find sewer connection and often the weeds under the steps of the RV were so high they came up a foot or so above the steps. They did mow the grass but little details like weeds were overlooked. So was Laundry room and Shower room detail. The 2 times I was in this building, the trash and cleaning had not been done in some time.

I was assigned a site that was not at all level and was told there were no other sites available. During my 4 weeks there, the lower areas was maybe 3/4 full over the 3 day memorial weekend. The rest of the time there were only a small number of spots being used. I had brown water and sediment coming from our line. The park blamed the city. I had 2 outside filters, a water softener and another filter on the refrigerated water. The park claimed it was only my site that had problems. I borrowed a string trimmer to take care of all the weeds around my site.

Bringing problems to their attention only brings the comment "no one has ever complained before about that" and no resolution.

In fairness I can say that I did get their "problem" site. The others appeared at least more level.

If you plan to stay for a couple of weeks or longer, consider driving about 15 more minutes to the West to Odessa. I only used Great Escapes because of the location for my work. Fortunately I did finally find a nicer location for the remainder of my work weeks.

This is a Low End Mom & Pop with Mom & Pop not go getters in terms of maintenance. I would rate 4.5 not 7.5.

If you stay long term and are assigned the lower section of the park know that the roads are fairly steep to reach that area and if heavy rains occur during your stay, the roads get fairly deep gullies & ruts. Saying that, don't stay there during rainy season. Maybe bring your own string trimmer and be prepared with cleaner if you use the shower rooms.

Maintenance & repair not their high point here. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

An overnight trip outside of Kansas City, MO was fine with us! The campground is nice, fairly clean with some amenities that our camping crew found useful! For starters, the showers were nice! I especially liked how it was nice to have your own little room, making it feel like you weren't actually in a public shower room. The pool and volleyball seemed nice, but we pulled in rather late, so really didn't use either one of them.

Wish we could have had more time to explore the campground, especially with the two ponds on site and the clubhouse. But again, fairly nice park and one that is great for an overnight trip - right off the highway and little to no traffic has been heard! Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here for an entire week, but nice enough for overnight. We camped at Great Escape RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Remember to rely on a GPS or another device when getting here! We missed the turn down the road coming off the highway and had to turn around down the road near a farm! Overall, not a terrible experience though.

Featured Campgrounds Near Great Escape RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Great Escape RV Park & Campground ?