Hanson Hills Campground

Kingdom City, Missouri

Recent Rate: $29 10/2013

bones1941

This campground is on a very rough gravel road, and it is about 2 miles to the entrance. The place is heavily forested and the roads are narrow and hard to maneuver through. The site I had was a pull thru and was in ample size to contain both my rig and toad. The site was fairly level, gravel, and the hook ups were quite a ways from my coach. The owner guided me thru the campground to my spot. Electric amperage and water pressure were good. I would not stay in the place again. We camped at Hanson Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Nilesfamily2000

Had a awesome weekend here. It was on Labor Day weekend. What I found out is that the campground has actives on holiday weekends. We play bingo, there was a band one night playing music and a DJ another night. Had horse shoes, washer and fishing tournaments. Tons of stuff for the kids to do also. All was free with you stay. There is cable TV and wireless internet at the club house only. Very friendly people. We will be back. They also give you info on other events that will be going on here. We camped at Hanson Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

D. Lee Penn

Rustic defines this campground. It is miles away from I-70 on a gravel road. Supposedly, you can avoid the gravel but I did not see a route on the map or my GPS. It has new managers, but I don't think they have a clue how to run the campground. The pool was not clean and the hot tub was very old and I would not subject my body to that at any price. Unless they are maintained and kept hot enough, some really nasty bugs develop in hot tubs. I know from personal experience. The sewer line of my site extended horizontally to the ground with no way to properly seal my sewer pipe so it would not leak. When we dumped (grey only), water spewed out on the ground. AND, it was new sewer pipe too, indicating unskilled and unknowledgeable installation. It was quiet and the site was level gravel. But, I could see a lot of sites close to us and if they got busy, it would not be quiet at all. Pass on this park and find a State Campground if you want quiet and rustic. OH: the showers were a disaster. My wife wanted to wash her hair and found NO hot water AND water savers that barely provided any water for showering. No, we'll definitely NOT return to this park. We camped at Hanson Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Traveler13

This RV park is now under new management and a new name: Hanson Hills Campground. This is a nice park about 2 miles off the highway on a gravel road. The staff are friendly and helpful, our site was level and easy to pull into. For activities, the park offers fishing in a small, picturesque pond, swimming, horseshoes, a playground, and a kitchen serving breakfast and lunch. I would have given this place a higher rating except that the hot tub advertised on their billboard wasn't actually open yet, and no Internet. We would definitely stay here again if passing through, and for more than one night. We camped at Hanson Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

hello all

It was okay, has a pretty steep incline to get into the Campground. We were disappointed with the site that was selected for us. The first which was chosen, I refused and made my husband get us another site. We were going to be facing an old trailer with a junk truck half torn apart and stuff out in front of it and the view of many other old trailers of the mobile home type. They ended up putting us in a spot where there was barely enough room to get our slide out without hitting the next camper. There were some nice sites on the north end and am not sure why they didn't put us there. There appeared to be a lot of permanent campers there and many of them not kept in the best of shape. The roads were not real clear where they were and if they were campsites or roads. Was kind of disappointing, but we made the best of it. The people running the place were very nice. But, I'm not sure I'd go back. I'm more of a nature person and don't want to be crammed in a park, less than 10 feet from another camper. We camped at Hanson Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

rcharris

Stopped here overnight enroute to Idaho having previously made reservations. Sites unlevel, narrow, bathrooms nasty and permanent party next to us decided to make renovations to his travel trailer from 1-4 A.M. using a chain saw? He had previously been intoxicated, starting and riding dirt bikes through CG until 12 A.M. Found no one at office, took matters into my own hands. Asked camper(?) for a little respect at that time of the morning (4 A.M.) Security listed in Woodall's was non-existent! Access to CG is some 2-3 mi. from I-70 down winding, dusty gravel roads. Other campers had left trash at their campsites instead of the provided dumpsters. We could not wait until daylight to get out of "deliverance country"! If you are this desperate to park for the night, continue on to Columbia and "Wal-Mart" it! We camped at Hanson Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

High Plains Camping

Oakley, Kansas

Cottonwoods RV Park

Columbia, Missouri

Are you affiliated with Hanson Hills Campground ?