Basswood Resort

• Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Pond Pond yes

Scenic Cruiser

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $23.00

Typical cooperate owned RV park. Excellent amenities, clean, well laid out. Middle of park has big rigs stacked next to one another like a bus garage. A pet peeve among RV'ers, WiFi was quite the "trick". The trick being that the WiFi is only available in "hotspots" designated with little (4"X4") signs posted near the spots. We even use an Amped wireless extender (800 mw) with 10,000 sq. ft. coverage and was not able to keep a steady signal for more than a few minutes. When questioned about this, a worker remarked in a "snippy" manner "well mine is OK..." while standing within 15 feet of the hotspot. We even walked 100 yards to the "hotspot" and coverage average 2-3 bars out of 5 all the while dropping frequently. If you depend on phone service or WiFi (running a small business on the road), try elsewhere. Park is directly in the flight line of KCI-Kansas City International Airport, so if noise is a factor for you, this won't work. Most of the hookups are located way too close to the front of the sites. Cable TV works very well with approx. 45 channels, over air digital is excellent also. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Approximately 25 miles from Kansas City. Shopping for anything (groceries, etc.) else is approx. 8 miles away.

Tony Connie and Rusty

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

This park is ideal for families, a pool, lakes for fishing, play areas. There is a pizza place on site which will deliver to you and is very tasty. A number of the sites are not level including ours, we had to use blocks to put under our front tires. We saw at least one other motorhome with front tires off the ground. The section of the park nearest the office seems to be permanent residents. Had we known it was on the direct flight path for the Kansas City International airport we would have chosen a different RV park. The planes started as early as 5:00 a.m. and into the late evening. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. More of the traffic speeds through the park than not. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Tracy Bounder

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $42.00

Another year another stay at Basswood. The roads are paved and the sites are gravel and somewhat level. Noticed several trees gone and the park needed some landscape maintenance ie: bushes needed trimming, grass needed mowing, and tree limbs and branches needed to be picked up. Rules still not being enforced as speeding vehicles continue in the park. No wifi !!! And got better clearer channels over the air than their cable. Overhead jet noise throughout day and night since you are on the landing pattern for Kansas City Airport. Showers were clean but could use some non skid (mats) in shower which become very slippery. Did not use any of the recreational facilities but the numerous children seemed to enjoy them. Weekends the campground fills up with many local and becomes crazy with golf carts speeding around. All in all, still the best campground in Kansas City area. Will stay here again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Kansas City Zoo well worth the price of admission.

Tom Willing

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $42.00

This campground is out in the country, located about 28 miles from downtown Kansas City. It is relatively quiet except for being in the landing flight path for KCI airport. The roads are paved and site pads gravel/dirt and muddy when wet. There is grass between sites. In the pull-through area the sites are long and level, little shade and relatively open where I could get satellite access. The Wi-Fi is horrible. I could not get access the entire time I was in the park, which is what the staff advised me when I checked in. Sites in this area have a small tree, picnic table and fire ring. The campground has a couple of play areas, a pool, and several ponds. OK for a short stay but inconvenient to shopping and attractions in area. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Cruiser03

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $42.00

I cannot believe this park is rated so highly

It is very difficult in a big rig and is full of permanent RV with very cramped sites

This is a very run down park I would drive another 200 miles NOT to stop here

Forget WiFi. It is totally non-existent we have been in 17 states on this trip and this is by far the worst ever. The grass needed cutting, it was just muddy, and the roads getting into the sites were not great. It may be ok for a travel trailer or small campers, but not for big rigs. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Do not use your GPS to find this campground, or at least my GPS did not get me there.

Also, I would not advise big rigs to stay here. We did not use any of the amenities, so I cannot advise about them. Water pressure was ok, but WI-FI is non-existent. I work and travel for work and need Wi-Fi. Sites are very close together.

bank manager 1997

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $55.00

We were visiting family for a wedding and thought we try this park.

The sites are uneven for a 45 foot rig. The prices were a little steep but otherwise okay with our stay. The service could have been friendlier but they were busy. The pizza was good. The only problem was bathrooms and showers. They need to do a better cleaning, as I saw black mold in corners of the showers. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Great shopping and very good restaurants in Platte City.

Next Mission

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $47.00

Charge extra for children ($5). This campground is more of a destination since it is about 10 minutes from the interstate. With two fishing lakes on the property, a pool, and two play areas (one open typically), many campers probably enjoy bringing the kids up for a long weekend. The store is probably the largest and best stocked one we have seen, with everything from fresh baked pizzas to alcohol. The steep entrance makes you feel like you are entering a hillside resort and once inside the grounds there are multiple levels with sites - for the most part they were level and easy to access. Although some larger motorhomes came into the grounds, there are probably limited sites available for larger/longer units. Staff pleasant and always engaged. Many HD over-the-air station available from Kansas City. Wi-Fi didn't work at all - limited receivers, very poor signal. Water and sewage easily accessible. Although this is the best campground in the area we would only stay if convenient given its location, up-charges, and distance to area attractions. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Fred 52

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $50.00

Spent three nights at this park. Very nice park with many activities and very good facilities. Access to park can be a challenge with narrow and some winding approach roads. Once in the park everything was very good. Well stocked store with pleasant and helpful staff. Park was at capacity on arrival but still had feeling of plenty of space. Handy location for activities in Kansas City area, especially Kansas side. Would stay in this park again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Kansas Speedway area with shopping and restaurants just 20 minutes away via I-435.

KCTexas

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $49.00

Our stay did not start well. I had made a reservation on September 23rd for a six-night stay starting on October 2nd. On October 1st (the day before our stay was to begin) I received a phone call from the campground. They said that when I made my reservation they “forgot” to tell me that it was NASCAR weekend, which is considered a holiday weekend. Not only were the rates higher for that weekend but also I had to pay the full amount in advance. In actuality, I had made my reservations through Book Your Site, so I suspect the rate mistake was due to them. We were assigned site number 223, which is to the right after you enter. According to the brochure these are considered “deluxe RV sites.” We were given an escort to our site. The road into the area is gravel and the sites are also gravel with a lot of mud. As we approached our site, we found a pickup truck parked in it. After about a half-hour wait, the owner showed up and was apologetic as he moved the truck. As we were waiting our neighbors from both sides had come out and they were nice enough to help me back into the space. Due to the narrow road, it was quite an adventure. The mud was so bad from recent flooding that our jack pads were sinking. I think we would have been in real trouble if we didn’t have the pads. There was quite a drop-off behind our site and there was nothing (like a railroad tie or concrete blocks) to block us from the drop-off. As we were exploring the campground, we saw several nice concrete sites that were empty. While in the office I told them that we were quite disappointed with our site and asked about the empty sites we saw. They said they would not accommodate our rig. I still believe those concrete sites are long enough for our rig. The campground did have an abundance of trees and shade. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were very clean. Both the Wi-Fi and cable worked well. We didn’t have any kids with us but the playgrounds looked nice. There were also basketball courts, tetherball, shuffleboard, and horseshoes. We actually saw some in the ponds but we didn’t have time for any fishing. The country store had snacks, a limited selection of canned goods, and beer and liquor. They also had some camping supplies and souvenirs. There were only two trash bins. The one closest to our site was by the office, which was quite a walk. The second was close to sites 75 through 120. There were some “street lights” throughout the campground but several were not working. I’m not sure I will stay there again. Since there aren’t too many campsites in the Kansas City area I may but if I do, I want to make sure I get one of the better sites. The rate listed reflects the average of three nights at the NASCAR rate and three nights at the Good Sam rate. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

rskrbina

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $38.00

Very clean resort with a nice convenience store. This is our second stay and will make arrangements to stay again. Wifi is weak if your not around the office. Nice clean restrooms and showers. Very friendly office and maintenance staff. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Al and Anne-Marie

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $22.00

The staff was friendly and helpful. The cable was a good connection, but from our site the wifi was not good. The sites are level with easy pull through and wide paved roads. There is a nice store that is fully stocked. The rest rooms were clean. Our rate was for PA, normal rate of $44 is too expensive for this park. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Second Timers

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $22.00

We used this park as an overnight stop. Although it is five miles from I-29 we had no problem finding it with the directions provided by the campground. We were greeted by a friendly staff member and escorted to our site, which was long and level, allowing us to stay hooked-up for an easy early morning departure. The bathrooms and showers were clean and inviting. Wi-Fi did not work at our site but better reception is possible near the office. They have a well-stocked convenience store which has a bigger than average RV section as well as wine and liquor, gifts, food essentials, and a large toy area. In addition, for an extremely reasonable price they make pizza and deliver it to your site -- a feature we appreciated and took advantage of, enjoying it thoroughly. We stayed using the Passport America rate. Our rig is 33' long. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

workcamper14

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $20.00

Rate above reflects monthly rate. First of all this campground is high priced. Then after I had agreed to a site and was paying, they changed their minds on the price and tried to charge me another $100 for a month. which was going to be $679. I said no, we agreed to the first deal and I'm leaving otherwise. So they backed down. It does have paved roads. They are picky about who they give what site to. All the employees have golf carts, and you can rent their overpriced golf carts, but you cannot bring your own. The electric is not included in their overpriced rates. They are not the friendly sort of staff. Over all, if you like large resort type campground that is overpriced and has rules about everything then probably not a bad place for you. If you enjoy friendly folks and a fair price, then I would not recommend it. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

terryfic

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $59.00

This place is beautiful and has lots of charm. The pool is clean and my kids loved it. Like all too many campgrounds they claim to have WiFi, only to find out they really don't have access throughout the campground. We loved this place and would go there again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Bob & Stephanie

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $26.00

This is a great park in a very nice setting. Grounds well kept as were the showers and restrooms. They have perhaps the best stocked convenience store I've seen in an RV park particularly for RV items you may have either forgotten or might have had to replace. Escort to site was the best I've ever had and knew just how to maneuver a big rig so we glided right into the assigned site. About the only downside was the requirement to sign a waiver along with the rules and regulations that states that your picture may be used in advertising without further consent and a couple of other odd legal items that have no place on an overnight stop document. We happened to arrive on a NASCAR event weeknight and the rate is the Passport America rate for that event. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Basswood Resort?