Basswood Resort

Platte City, Missouri

rskrbina

Very clean resort with a nice convenience store. This is our second stay and will make arrangements to stay again. Wifi is weak if your not around the office. Nice clean restrooms and showers. Very friendly office and maintenance staff. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

workcamper14

Rate above reflects monthly rate. First of all this campground is high priced. Then after I had agreed to a site and was paying, they changed their minds on the price and tried to charge me another $100 for a month. which was going to be $679. I said no, we agreed to the first deal and I'm leaving otherwise. So they backed down. It does have paved roads. They are picky about who they give what site to. All the employees have golf carts, and you can rent their overpriced golf carts, but you cannot bring your own. The electric is not included in their overpriced rates. They are not the friendly sort of staff. Over all, if you like large resort type campground that is overpriced and has rules about everything then probably not a bad place for you. If you enjoy friendly folks and a fair price, then I would not recommend it. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

KCTexas

Our stay did not start well. I had made a reservation on September 23rd for a six-night stay starting on October 2nd. On October 1st (the day before our stay was to begin) I received a phone call from the campground. They said that when I made my reservation they “forgot” to tell me that it was NASCAR weekend, which is considered a holiday weekend. Not only were the rates higher for that weekend but also I had to pay the full amount in advance. In actuality, I had made my reservations through Book Your Site, so I suspect the rate mistake was due to them. We were assigned site number 223, which is to the right after you enter. According to the brochure these are considered “deluxe RV sites.” We were given an escort to our site. The road into the area is gravel and the sites are also gravel with a lot of mud. As we approached our site, we found a pickup truck parked in it. After about a half-hour wait, the owner showed up and was apologetic as he moved the truck. As we were waiting our neighbors from both sides had come out and they were nice enough to help me back into the space. Due to the narrow road, it was quite an adventure. The mud was so bad from recent flooding that our jack pads were sinking. I think we would have been in real trouble if we didn’t have the pads. There was quite a drop-off behind our site and there was nothing (like a railroad tie or concrete blocks) to block us from the drop-off. As we were exploring the campground, we saw several nice concrete sites that were empty. While in the office I told them that we were quite disappointed with our site and asked about the empty sites we saw. They said they would not accommodate our rig. I still believe those concrete sites are long enough for our rig. The campground did have an abundance of trees and shade. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were very clean. Both the Wi-Fi and cable worked well. We didn’t have any kids with us but the playgrounds looked nice. There were also basketball courts, tetherball, shuffleboard, and horseshoes. We actually saw some in the ponds but we didn’t have time for any fishing. The country store had snacks, a limited selection of canned goods, and beer and liquor. They also had some camping supplies and souvenirs. There were only two trash bins. The one closest to our site was by the office, which was quite a walk. The second was close to sites 75 through 120. There were some “street lights” throughout the campground but several were not working. I’m not sure I will stay there again. Since there aren’t too many campsites in the Kansas City area I may but if I do, I want to make sure I get one of the better sites. The rate listed reflects the average of three nights at the NASCAR rate and three nights at the Good Sam rate. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Al and Anne-Marie

The staff was friendly and helpful. The cable was a good connection, but from our site the wifi was not good. The sites are level with easy pull through and wide paved roads. There is a nice store that is fully stocked. The rest rooms were clean. Our rate was for PA, normal rate of $44 is too expensive for this park. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Second Timers

We used this park as an overnight stop. Although it is five miles from I-29 we had no problem finding it with the directions provided by the campground. We were greeted by a friendly staff member and escorted to our site, which was long and level, allowing us to stay hooked-up for an easy early morning departure. The bathrooms and showers were clean and inviting. Wi-Fi did not work at our site but better reception is possible near the office. They have a well-stocked convenience store which has a bigger than average RV section as well as wine and liquor, gifts, food essentials, and a large toy area. In addition, for an extremely reasonable price they make pizza and deliver it to your site -- a feature we appreciated and took advantage of, enjoying it thoroughly. We stayed using the Passport America rate. Our rig is 33' long. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

krb

Rate is Passport America price for one night. Just north of Kansas City about five miles from I-29. We had a FHU 50 amp pull through site. Roads were paved, site was gravel. Decent spacing between sites. Free cable and wi-fi advertised. We did not try cable, but wi-fi did not work at our site. Airport nearby with planes flying low. Bathrooms were great. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

terryfic

This place is beautiful and has lots of charm. The pool is clean and my kids loved it. Like all too many campgrounds they claim to have WiFi, only to find out they really don't have access throughout the campground. We loved this place and would go there again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

BMain

We stayed at this resort last fall. We chose it again this spring for several reasons. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The park is well kept and clean. They take care to maintain the grounds and landscape. There are a fair number of long term residents but this does not cause an issue. They keep the sites up and it does not look junky. It is within a few miles of the airport so very good for us. There are several small lakes and they stock them with bass and catfish and others. Fishing is $5 a day, per pole. You may keep two fish a day, per pole. We had catfish for dinner twice! I would return here any time I am in the area. We spent 7 nights, last night free. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

BadCubs

This RV park was a wonderful find. The staff is wonderful and the grounds are nestled into beautiful surroundings with several small lakes, lots of areas to walk, and very nice RV spaces. We were lucky to get the last pull-through space available due to a RV club, and we are so happy we did! One of the great features is an on-site pizza shop that delivers right to your space. The food was very good too. If you are passing through this part of the country, we highly recommend this park as a destination, but do take advantage of all the place has to offer and stay more than just one night like we did. This is definitely a place to setup camp and stay a while to enjoy everything the park has to offer. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Bob & Stephanie

This is a great park in a very nice setting. Grounds well kept as were the showers and restrooms. They have perhaps the best stocked convenience store I've seen in an RV park particularly for RV items you may have either forgotten or might have had to replace. Escort to site was the best I've ever had and knew just how to maneuver a big rig so we glided right into the assigned site. About the only downside was the requirement to sign a waiver along with the rules and regulations that states that your picture may be used in advertising without further consent and a couple of other odd legal items that have no place on an overnight stop document. We happened to arrive on a NASCAR event weeknight and the rate is the Passport America rate for that event. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

TW Flash

This is a nice enough park with ample room to maneuver a big rig pulling a toad. Staff were courteous and friendly, hookups were easy, restrooms were clean and showers were nice and hot. The well-stocked general store was a big plus since the nearest grocer is about 6 miles away. The nearby airport services commercial aviation so expect some big jet noise. Being a retired Air Force veteran, that noise just sounds like freedom to me, but it may be bothersome to some. I do have two "cons" to report: (1) the park's Wi-Fi system was terrible (in fact, useless) and (2) they don't appear to be very proud of the fact that they're a Passport America park because they don't advertise the fact. We were initially booked more than $97 for two nights, but they refunded half of that when we discovered (elsewhere) that they were a PA park and asked for the 50% rate. Bottom line: we were satisfied with our stay at Basswood and wouldn't mind staying again. But in the interest of having a well-rounded experience, we'd probably look at other parks if we were in the area again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

campingfarm

My husband and I have been camping for over 40 years. We enjoyed our stay at Basswood very much. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and informative. The lake was beautiful and the camp was nestled in the rolling hills, perfectly. If we are ever back that way, we will stay there again! We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

USA#1 RVr

Beautiful, well kept park. Bathrooms and showers were spotless. Paved roads. Roomy sites. Easy access. Employees take you to your site. Well stocked store. Out of the way to find the park, but it's worth it. Rate is PA We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

rockfarmer

Definitely overrated. Wi-Fi was terrible and phone service spotty. They need to let customers know that they are only 5 minutes from the KC airport and right on the flight path. Rate cited is a rally rate. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

E&E

Site shady, but not level -- during rain probably muddy. Nice dog park. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would stay again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Basswood Resort?