Basswood Resort

• Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Pond Pond yes

Tom Willing

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $42.00

This campground is out in the country, located about 28 miles from downtown Kansas City. It is relatively quiet except for being in the landing flight path for KCI airport. The roads are paved and site pads gravel/dirt and muddy when wet. There is grass between sites. In the pull-through area the sites are long and level, little shade and relatively open where I could get satellite access. The Wi-Fi is horrible. I could not get access the entire time I was in the park, which is what the staff advised me when I checked in. Sites in this area have a small tree, picnic table and fire ring. The campground has a couple of play areas, a pool, and several ponds. OK for a short stay but inconvenient to shopping and attractions in area. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

bank manager 1997

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $55.00

We were visiting family for a wedding and thought we try this park.

The sites are uneven for a 45 foot rig. The prices were a little steep but otherwise okay with our stay. The service could have been friendlier but they were busy. The pizza was good. The only problem was bathrooms and showers. They need to do a better cleaning, as I saw black mold in corners of the showers. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Great shopping and very good restaurants in Platte City.

Next Mission

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $47.00

Charge extra for children ($5). This campground is more of a destination since it is about 10 minutes from the interstate. With two fishing lakes on the property, a pool, and two play areas (one open typically), many campers probably enjoy bringing the kids up for a long weekend. The store is probably the largest and best stocked one we have seen, with everything from fresh baked pizzas to alcohol. The steep entrance makes you feel like you are entering a hillside resort and once inside the grounds there are multiple levels with sites - for the most part they were level and easy to access. Although some larger motorhomes came into the grounds, there are probably limited sites available for larger/longer units. Staff pleasant and always engaged. Many HD over-the-air station available from Kansas City. Wi-Fi didn't work at all - limited receivers, very poor signal. Water and sewage easily accessible. Although this is the best campground in the area we would only stay if convenient given its location, up-charges, and distance to area attractions. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

KCTexas

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $49.00

Our stay did not start well. I had made a reservation on September 23rd for a six-night stay starting on October 2nd. On October 1st (the day before our stay was to begin) I received a phone call from the campground. They said that when I made my reservation they “forgot” to tell me that it was NASCAR weekend, which is considered a holiday weekend. Not only were the rates higher for that weekend but also I had to pay the full amount in advance. In actuality, I had made my reservations through Book Your Site, so I suspect the rate mistake was due to them. We were assigned site number 223, which is to the right after you enter. According to the brochure these are considered “deluxe RV sites.” We were given an escort to our site. The road into the area is gravel and the sites are also gravel with a lot of mud. As we approached our site, we found a pickup truck parked in it. After about a half-hour wait, the owner showed up and was apologetic as he moved the truck. As we were waiting our neighbors from both sides had come out and they were nice enough to help me back into the space. Due to the narrow road, it was quite an adventure. The mud was so bad from recent flooding that our jack pads were sinking. I think we would have been in real trouble if we didn’t have the pads. There was quite a drop-off behind our site and there was nothing (like a railroad tie or concrete blocks) to block us from the drop-off. As we were exploring the campground, we saw several nice concrete sites that were empty. While in the office I told them that we were quite disappointed with our site and asked about the empty sites we saw. They said they would not accommodate our rig. I still believe those concrete sites are long enough for our rig. The campground did have an abundance of trees and shade. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were very clean. Both the Wi-Fi and cable worked well. We didn’t have any kids with us but the playgrounds looked nice. There were also basketball courts, tetherball, shuffleboard, and horseshoes. We actually saw some in the ponds but we didn’t have time for any fishing. The country store had snacks, a limited selection of canned goods, and beer and liquor. They also had some camping supplies and souvenirs. There were only two trash bins. The one closest to our site was by the office, which was quite a walk. The second was close to sites 75 through 120. There were some “street lights” throughout the campground but several were not working. I’m not sure I will stay there again. Since there aren’t too many campsites in the Kansas City area I may but if I do, I want to make sure I get one of the better sites. The rate listed reflects the average of three nights at the NASCAR rate and three nights at the Good Sam rate. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

rskrbina

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $38.00

Very clean resort with a nice convenience store. This is our second stay and will make arrangements to stay again. Wifi is weak if your not around the office. Nice clean restrooms and showers. Very friendly office and maintenance staff. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Al and Anne-Marie

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $22.00

The staff was friendly and helpful. The cable was a good connection, but from our site the wifi was not good. The sites are level with easy pull through and wide paved roads. There is a nice store that is fully stocked. The rest rooms were clean. Our rate was for PA, normal rate of $44 is too expensive for this park. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Second Timers

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $22.00

We used this park as an overnight stop. Although it is five miles from I-29 we had no problem finding it with the directions provided by the campground. We were greeted by a friendly staff member and escorted to our site, which was long and level, allowing us to stay hooked-up for an easy early morning departure. The bathrooms and showers were clean and inviting. Wi-Fi did not work at our site but better reception is possible near the office. They have a well-stocked convenience store which has a bigger than average RV section as well as wine and liquor, gifts, food essentials, and a large toy area. In addition, for an extremely reasonable price they make pizza and deliver it to your site -- a feature we appreciated and took advantage of, enjoying it thoroughly. We stayed using the Passport America rate. Our rig is 33' long. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

workcamper14

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $20.00

Rate above reflects monthly rate. First of all this campground is high priced. Then after I had agreed to a site and was paying, they changed their minds on the price and tried to charge me another $100 for a month. which was going to be $679. I said no, we agreed to the first deal and I'm leaving otherwise. So they backed down. It does have paved roads. They are picky about who they give what site to. All the employees have golf carts, and you can rent their overpriced golf carts, but you cannot bring your own. The electric is not included in their overpriced rates. They are not the friendly sort of staff. Over all, if you like large resort type campground that is overpriced and has rules about everything then probably not a bad place for you. If you enjoy friendly folks and a fair price, then I would not recommend it. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

terryfic

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $59.00

This place is beautiful and has lots of charm. The pool is clean and my kids loved it. Like all too many campgrounds they claim to have WiFi, only to find out they really don't have access throughout the campground. We loved this place and would go there again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Bob & Stephanie

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $26.00

This is a great park in a very nice setting. Grounds well kept as were the showers and restrooms. They have perhaps the best stocked convenience store I've seen in an RV park particularly for RV items you may have either forgotten or might have had to replace. Escort to site was the best I've ever had and knew just how to maneuver a big rig so we glided right into the assigned site. About the only downside was the requirement to sign a waiver along with the rules and regulations that states that your picture may be used in advertising without further consent and a couple of other odd legal items that have no place on an overnight stop document. We happened to arrive on a NASCAR event weeknight and the rate is the Passport America rate for that event. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

BadCubs

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $34.00

This RV park was a wonderful find. The staff is wonderful and the grounds are nestled into beautiful surroundings with several small lakes, lots of areas to walk, and very nice RV spaces. We were lucky to get the last pull-through space available due to a RV club, and we are so happy we did! One of the great features is an on-site pizza shop that delivers right to your space. The food was very good too. If you are passing through this part of the country, we highly recommend this park as a destination, but do take advantage of all the place has to offer and stay more than just one night like we did. This is definitely a place to setup camp and stay a while to enjoy everything the park has to offer. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

BMain

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $38.00

We stayed at this resort last fall. We chose it again this spring for several reasons. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The park is well kept and clean. They take care to maintain the grounds and landscape. There are a fair number of long term residents but this does not cause an issue. They keep the sites up and it does not look junky. It is within a few miles of the airport so very good for us. There are several small lakes and they stock them with bass and catfish and others. Fishing is $5 a day, per pole. You may keep two fish a day, per pole. We had catfish for dinner twice! I would return here any time I am in the area. We spent 7 nights, last night free. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

TW Flash

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $24.00

This is a nice enough park with ample room to maneuver a big rig pulling a toad. Staff were courteous and friendly, hookups were easy, restrooms were clean and showers were nice and hot. The well-stocked general store was a big plus since the nearest grocer is about 6 miles away. The nearby airport services commercial aviation so expect some big jet noise. Being a retired Air Force veteran, that noise just sounds like freedom to me, but it may be bothersome to some. I do have two "cons" to report: (1) the park's Wi-Fi system was terrible (in fact, useless) and (2) they don't appear to be very proud of the fact that they're a Passport America park because they don't advertise the fact. We were initially booked more than $97 for two nights, but they refunded half of that when we discovered (elsewhere) that they were a PA park and asked for the 50% rate. Bottom line: we were satisfied with our stay at Basswood and wouldn't mind staying again. But in the interest of having a well-rounded experience, we'd probably look at other parks if we were in the area again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

krb

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $22.00

Rate is Passport America price for one night. Just north of Kansas City about five miles from I-29. We had a FHU 50 amp pull through site. Roads were paved, site was gravel. Decent spacing between sites. Free cable and wi-fi advertised. We did not try cable, but wi-fi did not work at our site. Airport nearby with planes flying low. Bathrooms were great. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

campingfarm

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $42.00

My husband and I have been camping for over 40 years. We enjoyed our stay at Basswood very much. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and informative. The lake was beautiful and the camp was nestled in the rolling hills, perfectly. If we are ever back that way, we will stay there again! We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Beacon RV Park

Saint Joseph, Missouri

Riverfront Park

Leavenworth, Kansas

Are you affiliated with Basswood Resort?