Basswood Resort

15580 Interurban Road
Platte City, Missouri 64079

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Basswood Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $60.00

The sites are gravel and mainly level. It is far away from any highway. Actually far away from anything. It Is very overpriced. At this time of the year there are no amenities but there isn't a reduction in price. We won't be back. Wi-Fi is not secure. Sites are not particularly large. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $56.00

The price for this park is way to high for what it has, plus they don't offer any seasonal rates. Think they should check the sites after campers leave. We had a hard time walking around our camper on both sides because of all the dog @*&!# that was left. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

We stayed here for two nights. Our pull thru site #96 was huge! Long enough for our coach and tow car and extra parking for our visitors. They offer food delivery to the campsite but we did not use that feature. Very quiet Campground and dog friendly! We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $44.00

There are several areas in this park. The ones close to the entrance seem to be hilly with lots of trees. The next are all back-ins that are very tight and look like full timers. The next is way in the back with pull-thrus. These are bigger and quite nice. The rest rooms were spotless. The site we had was great, fully paved and woods on our door side. This site is normally a road that they use as a site sometimes. We would stay again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Played golf at Paradise Pointe, a municipal course, Outlaw. Great course in great shape for $36 with cart.

Featured Campgrounds Near Basswood Resort

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $26.00

The showers are the best of any parks that I have used. Cable was bad, could not get the picture to come in clear. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

Basswood calls itself a resort, but that term is questionable. I think of a resort not only having activities, but also resort type sites. The sites here are so close you can barely put out an awning without touching your neighbor. Most are gravel, with little gravel. Some are concrete, but those are also very narrow. The site I was in #96, was just the end of a road. The water did not work, so I had to attach to site #97. The park did loan me a hose so I could attach the water. On a positive, the restrooms were very clean and large. The laundry was also very nice. There are 4 small ponds (called lakes), but the water does not move. You can fish, but I did not. All in all this is ok for one night, but I would find something nicer for a longer stay. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

We were a late arrival, but the staff were very understanding and had everything arranged ahead. We were a little surprised at the hill going into the campground. The campground was well organized, super clean and our site was a pull thru. There was a great pet area and lots of room to walk one's dog. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

This is a busy park near Kansas City and all it has to offer. The staff are friendly and efficient. There is a pizza restaurant on site. The pool is small but clean and there is an adjoining playground if you have little ones. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Great Park convenient to Kansas City and to a lot of national trails sites. We visited the National frontier Trails Museum and Harry S Truman NHS in Independence, Lewis and Clark Historic Park, WWI Museum and Kansas City Royals in Kansas City, the Pony Express Museum and Jesse James House in St Jospeh and Jesse James Bank Museum in Liberty.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

The people in the office were so nice. Lots are very close to each other. There is some shade. Site surface is gravel and features a fire ring and picnic table. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

The pizza aroma caused us to change our dinner menu. They deliver to your camper!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

We arrived just before 7 PM, were quickly checked in and escorted to our site. The site was level but VERY narrow. After setting up on the very hot June evening we thought we'd to go to the pool for a swim but the pool closes at 7 PM! Not good when it's still light and hot until 9 PM or later. We did make it to the pool midday Saturday and it was very crowded. It is a decent sized pool, but if the resort is full, and with the limited hours, the pool is not big enough to accommodate the crowds. Free Wi-Fi is advertised, but, IF you can get connected you cannot get on the Internet and there is very spotty cellular signal available. Fishing requires a permit from the office and $5 per pole per day "restocking fee". I think they are due to be restocked as I did not see many people catching anything. The staff was mostly friendly. There were a couple of the ladies in the office/store that were a little stoic, but most were friendly. We ordered pizza from the pizza parlor in the store, requested delivery and were told it would be 30 minutes. An hour later we had still not received our pizza so my son rode his bike down to check on it. He was told that I needed to come down to take care of a credit card issue. It turns out that I only needed to sign the slip. I asked why I couldn't have signed that when it was delivered and was told that it was for pickup. So, my pizza sat down there in a box on top of the oven for a half hour because of this error. The person that took my order apologized as she remembered speaking with me, but offered no discount for the mistake. The pizza was a little dried out. A phone call could have prevented the mishap since they had my number and were able to charge to my site. The final thing I will say is this resort is just north of the Kansas City Airport and planes flew low over the resort every few minutes breaking up the peace and quiet we desired. We made the most of it, but will not likely try this place again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Twl

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $43.00

The great aspect of the resort was the fishing for my 5 year old grandson, he had a great time and caught several fish including a nice size catfish. The downside was the space between sites, the width of a picnic table (lengthwise) and not even close to being able to have any size of a canopy for shade. Resort was obviously built well before RV "slides" so even with our 16 ft teardrop trailer, was pretty cramped.... We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $35.00

Folks rate this very high on Google. I guess folks have forgotten what it means to camp. This place is great if you don't mind not having any space and living with noisy neighbors. All other parks were reserved during memorial day. My wife and I reserved a tent site with water and electricity. On the first entry we got lost and ended up on a dead end road with side by side cabins. We had to back our SUV out since there's no place to turn. Our location was at the far back of the park on a dirt road that washed out during the rain. Due to the incline, we had to enter the site at full speed. We barely stopped in time to miss the neighbors car. These sites are small. We have a 10 x 20 tent and barely fit the site. The RV campsites have about the width of a picnic table between. There is not room for any other cars. My guess is that the folks that love this place have not been to any of the state parks. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Tent.

Other

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $42.00

Chose to stay there in late October of 2016 because it was out in the country away from Kansas City. Little did we know it was directly under the KC international airport approach. There are literally planes every few minutes right over head at low altitudes. You can easily read the lettering on them. The spot we stayed on was barely long enough for our truck and fifth wheel. They had lots of extra spots next to ours but wouldn't let us park our truck in the unused places. It is a pretty park, no doubt but if you sleep with your windows open you may find it difficult with planes going over all the time. For the money, not the best choice. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby, Very Close

It is in range of St. Joseph where we wanted to visit. No far from good places to eat and shop at Platte City.

CamperSupport, employee at Basswood Resort responded to this review

Thank you for leaving us a review and for camping with us. We are glad that you enjoyed exploring the area and are truly sorry for the noise disturbance. It is unfortunate that we do have a minimal amount of air traffic that flies overhead but do hope that you understand that this is beyond our control. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress and wish you all the best.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

First and foremost, the mgt. team. Super. Professional, fast and very helpful. We, upon packing up to leave today, had an issue with our electric and since I'm the farthest thing from an electrician, asked the office for a recommendation. They gave it, the fellas came and conquered. Perfect. Park is large and is well equipped and clean. We would stay again in a heartbeat. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

CamperSupport, employee at Basswood Resort responded to this review

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! We appreciate your warm feedback about our staff and grounds. We hope that you will come camp with us again sometime!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $22.00

A one night stay while traveling. This was a very nice park with great service by the office staff. The park is about five miles from the interstate but just a couple of back country roads with very little traffic. The peace and quiet were well worth the drive. The store is well stocked with supplies and food/drink. We had a nice, level pull thru site. Bathroom/showers were very nice and clean. We would definitely stay here again!! We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

CamperSupport, employee at Basswood Resort responded to this review

We are glad that our location not to far from the interstate was a perfect choice for your overnight visit to the area. We appreciate your great feedback about your stay as well as our grounds, staff, amenities and sites. We hope to see you again sometime in the future!

Featured Campgrounds Near Basswood Resort

Are you affiliated with Basswood Resort ?