Basswood Resort

15580 Interurban Road
Platte City, Missouri 64079

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Basswood Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $75.00

I have to say I did not like this place at all. We are doing a trip from Seattle to SC and this has been my least favorite campground (we have stayed in 6 already). The grounds are not well kept at all. The grass is mostly weeds and the picnic table looks like it is ready to fall apart. Everyone is crammed in to each so no space. We had to pull our rig forward and park behind it to get to the connections and the road behind is one way so you always have to back out when you go anywhere. It looks like there are quite a few long timers in some parts and they don't live very neatly. On the upside the site was level although it was gravel. I would never stay here again!!! We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $37.00

We stay here every year to visit family. Nightly rate is approximate since we pay by the week. This is still the best park in the Kansas City area and it shows as it fills up on weekends. If you want a quiet park this is not it. You are on the flight path for KCI and you will here jets 24hrs a day as they pass overhead. On weekends many people racing around on golf carts that are for rent. Biggest complaint for this park is they make sure they tell you all the rules but yet no one enforces them i.e.: vehicles exceeding speed limit, golf carts racing around, and group partying past quiet hours. Complaining at office falls on deaf ears. That being said, still a nice park. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $66.00

Our site was disappointing as a "premium" site. The grass was not well kept, we were right next to the dumpsters and the line of sites we were a part of appeared more like a parking lot than "resort". They had had some rain that caused some wash out through the site and made the hookup area fairly messy. This is definitely overpriced for what they offer. On the plus side the wifi was actually fairly functional and easy to connect to in our site. It is also nice that you can order food like a pizza right on site. Other parts of the park did look nice and seemed better kept, perhaps they were just a little behind on maintenance on our section. Our site was just barely long enough for our 40' rig and was a back-in site. Backing into the site was simple due to the large intersection right in front of the site. Parking for the toad was along the road, overall the site felt crowded. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $56.00

The price for this park is way to high for what it has, plus they don't offer any seasonal rates. Think they should check the sites after campers leave. We had a hard time walking around our camper on both sides because of all the dog @*&!# that was left. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Basswood Resort

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $60.00

The sites are gravel and mainly level. It is far away from any highway. Actually far away from anything. It Is very overpriced. At this time of the year there are no amenities but there isn't a reduction in price. We won't be back. Wi-Fi is not secure. Sites are not particularly large. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

Basswood calls itself a resort, but that term is questionable. I think of a resort not only having activities, but also resort type sites. The sites here are so close you can barely put out an awning without touching your neighbor. Most are gravel, with little gravel. Some are concrete, but those are also very narrow. The site I was in #96, was just the end of a road. The water did not work, so I had to attach to site #97. The park did loan me a hose so I could attach the water. On a positive, the restrooms were very clean and large. The laundry was also very nice. There are 4 small ponds (called lakes), but the water does not move. You can fish, but I did not. All in all this is ok for one night, but I would find something nicer for a longer stay. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $26.00

The showers are the best of any parks that I have used. Cable was bad, could not get the picture to come in clear. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $44.00

There are several areas in this park. The ones close to the entrance seem to be hilly with lots of trees. The next are all back-ins that are very tight and look like full timers. The next is way in the back with pull-thrus. These are bigger and quite nice. The rest rooms were spotless. The site we had was great, fully paved and woods on our door side. This site is normally a road that they use as a site sometimes. We would stay again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Played golf at Paradise Pointe, a municipal course, Outlaw. Great course in great shape for $36 with cart.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $46.00

We stayed here for two nights. Our pull thru site #96 was huge! Long enough for our coach and tow car and extra parking for our visitors. They offer food delivery to the campsite but we did not use that feature. Very quiet Campground and dog friendly! We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

We were a late arrival, but the staff were very understanding and had everything arranged ahead. We were a little surprised at the hill going into the campground. The campground was well organized, super clean and our site was a pull thru. There was a great pet area and lots of room to walk one's dog. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

This is a busy park near Kansas City and all it has to offer. The staff are friendly and efficient. There is a pizza restaurant on site. The pool is small but clean and there is an adjoining playground if you have little ones. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Motorhome.

Great Park convenient to Kansas City and to a lot of national trails sites. We visited the National frontier Trails Museum and Harry S Truman NHS in Independence, Lewis and Clark Historic Park, WWI Museum and Kansas City Royals in Kansas City, the Pony Express Museum and Jesse James House in St Jospeh and Jesse James Bank Museum in Liberty.

Twl

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $43.00

The great aspect of the resort was the fishing for my 5 year old grandson, he had a great time and caught several fish including a nice size catfish. The downside was the space between sites, the width of a picnic table (lengthwise) and not even close to being able to have any size of a canopy for shade. Resort was obviously built well before RV "slides" so even with our 16 ft teardrop trailer, was pretty cramped.... We camped at Basswood Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

We arrived just before 7 PM, were quickly checked in and escorted to our site. The site was level but VERY narrow. After setting up on the very hot June evening we thought we'd to go to the pool for a swim but the pool closes at 7 PM! Not good when it's still light and hot until 9 PM or later. We did make it to the pool midday Saturday and it was very crowded. It is a decent sized pool, but if the resort is full, and with the limited hours, the pool is not big enough to accommodate the crowds. Free Wi-Fi is advertised, but, IF you can get connected you cannot get on the Internet and there is very spotty cellular signal available. Fishing requires a permit from the office and $5 per pole per day "restocking fee". I think they are due to be restocked as I did not see many people catching anything. The staff was mostly friendly. There were a couple of the ladies in the office/store that were a little stoic, but most were friendly. We ordered pizza from the pizza parlor in the store, requested delivery and were told it would be 30 minutes. An hour later we had still not received our pizza so my son rode his bike down to check on it. He was told that I needed to come down to take care of a credit card issue. It turns out that I only needed to sign the slip. I asked why I couldn't have signed that when it was delivered and was told that it was for pickup. So, my pizza sat down there in a box on top of the oven for a half hour because of this error. The person that took my order apologized as she remembered speaking with me, but offered no discount for the mistake. The pizza was a little dried out. A phone call could have prevented the mishap since they had my number and were able to charge to my site. The final thing I will say is this resort is just north of the Kansas City Airport and planes flew low over the resort every few minutes breaking up the peace and quiet we desired. We made the most of it, but will not likely try this place again. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

The people in the office were so nice. Lots are very close to each other. There is some shade. Site surface is gravel and features a fire ring and picnic table. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

The pizza aroma caused us to change our dinner menu. They deliver to your camper!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $35.00

Folks rate this very high on Google. I guess folks have forgotten what it means to camp. This place is great if you don't mind not having any space and living with noisy neighbors. All other parks were reserved during memorial day. My wife and I reserved a tent site with water and electricity. On the first entry we got lost and ended up on a dead end road with side by side cabins. We had to back our SUV out since there's no place to turn. Our location was at the far back of the park on a dirt road that washed out during the rain. Due to the incline, we had to enter the site at full speed. We barely stopped in time to miss the neighbors car. These sites are small. We have a 10 x 20 tent and barely fit the site. The RV campsites have about the width of a picnic table between. There is not room for any other cars. My guess is that the folks that love this place have not been to any of the state parks. We camped at Basswood Resort in a Tent.

Other

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Basswood Resort

Are you affiliated with Basswood Resort ?