Camelot RV Campground

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• 55+ 55+ yes
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Camelot RV Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $25.00

Stayed a week with these great folks, all was super. The staff was easy to deal with and very helpful, took me down to our site on the golf cart, then escorted us in through some tight roads, all was fine. Full hookups, all worked great. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Dollar General right down the road, any other store you might need is in Poplar Bluff right up the road. Lots of beautiful drives in the country near the park.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

Only stayed here one night but such a lovely park! The owners are fabulous. We have a 39' 5th wheel - the lanes/spots are tight but the owner led us to our site and helped guide our RV into a pull through spot. Full hookups, shady spots (some pull throughs are in open sun but we were not) and friendly area. Will definitely return when in the area. **CASH/CHECK payment only - no credit cards** We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

I came in on Sunday 5/6/18 and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was escorted to my sight and asked if I needed any help! This park is refreshingly very clean. Large level sites have WIFI, Cable, 50 amp and full hook up's. I stayed 4 days and wanted to stay longer. Close to the road with some highway noise but not as bad as most parks. The park-like setting is restful and I will come back on my next trip through. I work 2 weeks each month and when you find a nice park it makes the time go faster and more pleasantly! We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Jean Hillis, owner at Camelot RV Campground responded to this review

Thank you so much for the very nice review. The cost of ground maintenance and providing amenities is now a great expense for campgrounds to provide. We appreciate it when guests notice. Thank you.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $32.00

Stayed 1 night. Family owned campground, very clean, quiet place with helpful staff. I would stay again. They only accept cash or checks no credit cards. Good level site not too close to your neighbor. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Camelot RV Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

Pros: Very reasonable price, good cable, on route 60, internet was ok and did refund our money when we left day early.

Cons: we left day early because had a novel of rules to follow, no fire allowed, no picnic table, only garbage dumpster in another zip code and reason 1 most unfriendly pet friendly campground ever that allows dogs just say you don't want dogs there! We would have just drove on by. Your dogs are prisoners in you rv, heaven forbid they pee or poop outside their dog walk area ext to 4 lane highway! Just say no dogs! Not sure they like kids all that much either after reading their rules. thanks for giving us our 35 bucks back. We will never be back! We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Other
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Jean Hillis, owner at Camelot RV Campground responded to this review

Park Owner Reply: Yes, we refunded you, most parks would not. Then you turn around and write a bad review about us. Shame on you for being so negative about campground rules. RULES keep order, riffraff, and unwanted situations under control. Some things just need to be said, be glad parks have rules. Fires are allowed in your own grill or fire pit, but no ground fires. Table are not out yet, we are still experiencing freezing weather. The conservation people (strongly suggest) we keep the trash bin in back of the park to keep the bears, mountain lions, bobcats, and critters from strolling all thru-out the campground. We do say to carry (OR) keep your pets moving on a leash until you reach the pet area below the outer road, not next to the highway. We do not make people carry their dogs. If an accident happens along the way just pick it up, no problems. Everyone appreciates responsible pet people.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $35.00

Park is average in appearance, with gravel driveways. Big rigs might find navigating the park difficult for three reasons: turn radius is tight for longer combinations; plus, it is hilly; finally, trees and other obstacles lie close to the driveway. We also feared this park would be unsuitable during periods of wet weather.The owner is very strict about pets, has a designated "potty area" which might require some campers to walk up to 200' for access. Our follow-me vehicle prominently displayed a Confederate battle flag. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Jean Hillis, owner at Camelot RV Campground responded to this review

Owners comment. The streets, trees and shrubs are all maintained with proper width for RVs to maneuver. This can be seen on Google earth maps. We try to place people on sites that will accommodate their RV. As for wet weather we are not in a flood area and have no problems. I don't see anything wrong with having a designated pet area, this is just common sense. Everyone can't be right next to the pet area, and some guests may want to park further away and choose to walk further. As for flags our camp host and guest display flags from time to time of many choices. You failed to mention the current camp host displays a little 10" x 10" Confederate and American flag on their own cart. You're so negative, you would think you would be glad a campground was open on Dec. 30th and someone came out in freezing weather to registered and escorted you to a site, it was 15 degrees -1 wind chill and provided you with hookups and amenities.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $34.00

This park is dated and in need of updated bathrooms and laundry. The restrooms are so tiny it reminds me of a lavatory in a airplane. The park for a 45 ft with toad was tight with hills and dips. I never carry cash and they take cash and check only. I thought that was strange and no computers so a handwritten receipt I had to ask for!! We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Jean Hillis, owner at Camelot RV Campground responded to this review

Owners comment: I'm sorry you feel our restrooms are tiny, they seem to be plenty of room for the necessary functions and Bigger than airplane facilities. The shower rooms are separate. The restrooms are nice and the laundry is brand new. We also have many repeat guest with long RV's that do not seem to have any problems in our park. We keep the streets and campground maintained very well. We do take cash or check only, this keeps our guest camping cost down. If you noticed you received a 20% discount. A large sign is on the counter where guest register mentioning the method of payment and the 20% discount. It is also mentioned under amenities on our website. We do have hand written receipts, the computers are located elsewhere. All of our camp host is required to give a receipt. Sometimes when I register a guest some may mention they need a receipt before I can finish with the information they need about facilities, laundry, trash bin, WiFi etc.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $35.00

Stopped here for just an overnight stop. Had a long pull through site which was level. It was long enough that I didn't have to in-hook and still had room to park a car behind the RV. Power and water was both good. They had cable and WIFI but I didn't use it so cannot comment on that. There were several long term RV there but they were clean and quite. I would stay here again if in the area. It's near Hwy 60 and there was some truck noise but not bothersome. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Jean Hillis, owner at Camelot RV Campground responded to this review

Owners comment: Thank you for a nice review.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

A little scary on arrival. When you stop at the entrance you see the entrance area is downhill and a narrow road. And, I am in a 40 ft diesel pusher towing a 21 ft Silverado. Whew! But after registering, we always pay cash, the campground host leads via narrow but adequate roads to a level plateau with several long pull-through sites with full 50 amp hookups. Then, to my surprise, the campground host proceeds to help me hook up! Really! So, my suggestion, have no qualms about this campground: perfect for overnight stay. Free cable and Wi-Fi. Don't worry about first sight of hills in park. Our site was level. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $32.00

Very well kept campground! Very nice people, led us to our site. Lots of shade. Will come back if we have a chance. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not too far from town, good shopping.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $32.00

Nice, friendly campground. Convenient with good wifi. Spacious and quiet. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Enjoy the beautiful rolling hills as you drive in to this area from any direction.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $32.00

Older park build in hilly area with narrow roads and some steep dips. Doable if you drive slow. Lots of pull thru. Very clean. Lots of tall trees. Free cable and WiFi. Work campers were wonderful. Will stay here again. We were here one night. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Diesel is much cheaper at the Kroger in town. It's only a few miles farther.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

Nice place to camp. Lots of trees and shade. Good wifi. Very convenient access off major highway. We stayed here 2 times, enroute to destination and on trip back. Friendly staff. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $32.00

Nice quiet park. Hookups are nicely positioned. All low tech here only accepts cash or checks and all paperwork is hand written. Very tight access roads, trees and brush need trimming. They had short logs lining the roads some of which were in the way. If you don't like to be near high voltage power transmission lines you probably should not go here as they go right over some sites. WiFi worked fair. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

Stayed two nights. Nothing fancy. Clean, well cared for park with level sites & working utilities. Many sites with shade. Mgt. professional & helpful. We would stay again. We camped at Camelot RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Camelot RV Campground

Are you affiliated with Camelot RV Campground ?