Gasconade Hills RV Resort

Richland, Missouri

foretraveller

We spent 4 nights here over the July 4th holiday. They offer many resort-type amenities. This place is VERY remote and in a lower elevation area. There was NO cell/wireless Internet coverage; No off-air TV and the park's Wi-Fi and cable service was not functional. Some spaces are open for satellite TV. Having said that, we liked this resort and would go back. Very quiet. Friendly owner/manager. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Motorhome.

bcmccon

This campground had the friendliest staff of any I've been to. They even went as far as taking pictures of our site and emailing to us so we could get an idea of what our site looks like before we arrive. Being at a site right by the river we had envisioned being able to walk straight down to the water and fish however it was way too steep and brush covered. You can get to the water another, longer route but we didn't try. If you plan to enjoy the pool, be prepared for a steep walk up a hill or drive your car. Unfortunately we did not get a chance to float. There are multiple length float trips and they can drop you off upstream and let you float back to the campground. I'm sure this would have been fun. Having heard about other campgrounds where floating is a main attraction, we were concerned about potential all-night, loud parties. This campground has quiet time rules and it really was quiet at night. We slept fine. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Motorhome.

retired09

Gasconade Hills is a perfect wooded campsite. We were able to have a campfire and a little sprinkle did not dampen our enjoyment of the area. We could walk down to the river or walk up to the pool. It was a little too wooded for the pool (lots of leaves). We enjoyed our stay. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

jml4

My family had a great time here. The road in is paved, not gravel, and places are slightly narrow but not that bad. I had cell service and T-Mobile is my carrier. We enjoyed it so much, we stayed for two nights! It was a great chance to enjoy the outdoors and let the kids run around. It was also a welcome break to sleep without the noise of planes, trains, and automobiles! We will definitely be going back and hopefully get to go canoeing. The owners were very friendly and even shared some of the history of the resort with us. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

deddle

The road leading to park is paved, but barely wide enough for one vehicle. Fortunately we met no oncoming traffic. There were washouts on the edge of the pavement (Scary). We pulled in on a rainy night. We had to try two sights before found one that was not swampy. Finally we were able to enter/exit rig without stepping in a pond. All grassy sites, not very level. It looks like a 2 track through the woods. Cell and WIFI reception are non-existent. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Michigan Saints

Flat muddy, dirt and grass. Office locked, self registered, never saw any staff. Yes the road to it was bad. Very narrow and partly washed out in a few areas. Sites were flat and there was the appearance of renting canoes in season, I think. Other wise the place had nothing to offer and I would pass on it next time I am in the area. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Motorhome.

artiemeek

When I turned off I-40 and saw the sign indicating the campground was 1.3 miles down a road barely wide enough for two vehicles to pass, even if that, I realized I was heading for a place I had been before and did not want to revisit. However, after driving 400 miles in rain anyplace to throw over a line and hook up was welcome. The plus for this campground is that it offers water, sewer and electrical and is on a river. Sites were muddy and unlevel. Brochure said they had propane and there was a tank though they said the pump was not working. Moreover, they could not tell me where I might get propane. Wi-Fi signal was adequate but getting on the Internet was so slow it was virtually useless. The next morning I had better luck. There are 3-4 antenna TV stations which I was unable to bring online. Cell phone service was questionable causing me to lose a crucial call. This is not a place I would prefer to visit again, the man who registered me was pleasant. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Motorhome.

MollyBB

We camped here on weekdays coming and going from our destination and it was very quiet. Our assigned RV parking spots were not real level and took some maneuvering to get our RV level but at least we didn't need to use levelers. Nice shady spots & lots of grass to walk the dogs. Couldn't get Wi-Fi during the first stay because we were too far away from the headquarters. On our second stay we requested a closer spot and had no trouble getting Wi-Fi connection. The restroom/shower was a one person at a time type. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Motorhome.

darby

Trash bins were overflowing on the ground and rest rooms & showers not very clean. Nice quiet campground and road to it is very rough We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Motorhome.

number one

What a pleasant surprise this was! About a mile and a half from the interstate and totally quiet! You camp right next to the river on grassy sites that are big enough to build a house. Very long pullthrus and about 40 feet to the next rig. Good utilities, spotless bath and shower, big trees for shade and very nice owners. What more could you ask for? I wish we could have stayed a couple of days but were only passing thru. I will return. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

artiemeek

Facility rated very high in Trailer Life. Office closed when we arrived but phone available to call owner. Was told to deposit money in box or he would catch up with us the next day. Gravel interiors and parking area, which some need leveling. Lots os space between sites. WiFi good but don't know if there is cable TV. Several stations come in on antenna. We were only campers in park. Price is right but I would not give same rating as Trailer Life. We camped at Gasconade Hills RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Majestic Oaks Park

Lake Ozark, Missouri

Are you affiliated with Gasconade Hills RV Resort?