Round Spring Campground

Phone:

Recent Rate: $18 7/2007

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Sewer Sewer no

rn2icu

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $18.00

We decided to leave the trailer at home and go for a weekend of tent camping and canoeing on the Current River. Our original destination was Pulltite Campground, but it was full, so we ended up here. I'm so glad we did. We have actually camped twice this month at Round Springs. We did see some pop-ups backed into the primitive sites, but there is not a whole lot of room for anything else (as mentioned in a previous post). The only negative that I have is the shower room, it was impossible to shower without getting everything soaked. I ended up taking a waterproof bag with everything in it, and my kids and I had to do some creative maneuvering to keep everything dry. This was a very minor inconvenience for me , and we do plan to return. We camped at Round Spring Campground in a Tent.

Stlheadake

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $20.00

I practically grew up in this campground. When I was a teen, we tent camped here at least twice a summer, and sometimes many more. The tent sites are mostly shady. The terrain is very hilly so finding level tent sites can be a challenge. But tent camping is not what I wanted to review. I camped in one of the brand new electrical sites in the campground. The sites were fairly large, and mostly level. Pretty easy access for parking as far as I am concerned. One IMPORTANT thing, you HAVE to put something under your support legs or jack supports. The asphalt is soft and you will sink in the Missouri sunshine! I had nylon pads under my front supports and even they sunk in the sunshine! The sites didn't have as much room as many of the camps that I have camped at. The ARE 50 amp service which was problematic for me because I didn't have the 50 to 30 conversion pigtail. Luckily the park ranger lent me one with relatively little hassle at all. There was water at the site, no sewer however. Clean out can be tricky with larger rigs. Can be challenging to get close enough to the dump station. We camped at Round Spring Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

tundracamper

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $14.00

NOTE: THIS PARK DOES NOT HAVE 30 AMP ELECTRIC SERVICE, though it does have 50 amp and 20 amp service. The national park service recently built six new RV sites near the middle of this park (sites 51 - 56). These sites are asphalt and right next to each other. All six sites have water, a 50A plug, and a 20A plug - but NO 30A plug. The park host mentioned that he had a couple of 50A to 30A adapters, which does bypass any protection that one would get from running too many items at once. There is space in the box for a 30A plug, but the host did not know if there were plans to install any. Our landing gear sank about one-half inch in the asphalt during our stay. Other than these minor issues, the park is very nice. It is located adjacent to the upper Current River and Round Spring. There is a great place to swim and play in the water. There are several places nearby to rent a tube or canoe and play in the crystal clear river, which goes through the park. The showers were not very clean. Note that the web site shows many other sites. These other sites have no hook-ups and most are NOT suitable for an RV as they are nothing more than a pull-off to park a car. Therefore, I only listed the RV suitable sites. We camped at Round Spring Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Round Spring Campground?