Pinewoods Park (Closed)

Phone:

Sites:
Recent Rate: $22 1/1970

Motorhome Madness

My family and I stayed two nights at Pinewoods in April 2003. Not only was park very pretty, you could see the workers really fixing up the place. The park is older but the rustic feel with the trees and lakes was very relaxing. We would go back any time! We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

After reading the previous reviews from other campers all I can say is that things must be changing this year. The grass was cut, the bathrooms were freshly painted and the pool was great! My kids loved the movies they had outside at night time. We really enjoyed our stay! It's great for families with young children. We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

With the last two posts and having not been to Pinewoods in awhile, I took a drive over to see if any changes have been made. I drove back out. Although some painting has been done to some of the most horrible buildings, I did not see much of a change. A lot of people must not have a way to check voltage. The wiring is still bad at many sites. Many of the permanents are still there with their junk trailers. Much of the park is still falling apart. A lot of work needs to be done before this park is safe to visit. We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

Stayed here July 2002. Had problem with sewage coming out of ground next to our site. Campground maintenance man argued that we were wrong until we convinced him to come check. We changed sites and on the day we were leaving there was soapy water coming out of our sewer connection and I was forced to go to dump station on way out of park. Showers and restrooms in trailer area were filthy and run down, showers and restrooms in tent area were even worse. My wife says they were listed in 2 year old Woodall's but not in current edition, why? Would not recommend this park! We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a camper.

Motorhome Madness

My family stayed there in June of 2002 and didn't think the pool was beautiful like the brochure said. The bathrooms were disgusting and the showers were even worse. The shower curtains didn't close all the way. Too expensive to fish, it would have cost my family of 4 $25.00/day to fish in a small lake. I don't recommend this campground to anyone. We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a camper.

Motorhome Madness

The Staff at this RV park was most considerate in all aspects of our stay, even the maintenance man, Brad, offered to help us into our site when we arrived late at night. With 24 hour security it gives you the oppurtunity and freedom to do pretty much whatever you feel. The Lodge is a great place to wind down. True, the park's restrooms general upkeep could use improvement (but if your driving an RV, don't they already have restrooms in them?) Hey, If your looking for a relaxing time away from all the hussle of the world, spend a week out there and see what life should really be like. We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a camper.

Motorhome Madness

I was so thankful to find this park! We had driven 90 min. to get through St. Louis traffic and I was surprised just how pretty and relaxing the park was. The store offered the milk and bread I did not want to travel for and the employees were very friendly. I'll be back next year on my trip through St. Louis. We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a camper.

Motorhome Madness

We (husband, 2 kids) were forced to stay here because of location! I say forced because NO one should have to put up with what we had to. There is RAW sewage leaking out of the ground. I am contacting the local Health Dept. I did not allow my children to play around the camper because it was a major HEALTH HAZARD!!! The roads are litterally washing away with each rain drop. The sad thing is - you can tell this was once a beautiful park. Most of the "seasonal people" have moved on. There are actually "trailer trash" sites and I do mean TRASH everywhere. The owners only seem to care about their horses and NOT the campground. To top it off with the so called "maintenance man" was rude, nasty and yelled at me, calling me a liar when asking about the sewage and non-flowing dumps. If he had taken 1 more step toward me I would have called the police. Only stay here if you have to sleep for a few hours and do not need to use their restrooms (another place I wouldn't allow my children to be). Better yet if you need sleep stay at the cheap motel down the road. I wouldn't be surprised if the Health Dept. doesn't close this place down before someone gets really ill! Out of 300 sites, very few were filled. What a waste of beautiful land! We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

We have stayed at this park several times due to it's location to family. It gets worse every time. Although some of the staff are friendly, owners are very rude at best. When we complained about the poor electric (90 volts) we were told to get our "power hog" and leave. Many shady permanents, police in there a lot. Rest rooms and showers were horrible when we were there. Pool looked dangerously dirty. The fact that this campground remains open shows the need for this web site. We camped at Pinewoods Park (Closed) in a Fifth Wheel.

I-30 Travel Park

Benton, Arkansas

St. Louis RV Park

St. Louis, Missouri

Are you affiliated with Pinewoods Park (Closed)?