Anaconda, Montana

Hours above shown for Mountain Time Zone

Elevation: 5139' (approximate)
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Banquet Facilities Banquet Facilities yes
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Water Park Water Park yes

Ask fellow campers about "Fairmont RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

Came in late on a Friday evening, read the sign on the door indicating that 'we are on sight '. The owner came right away to check us in AND then plowed out a site for us. Even with snow and freezing temperatures, he made us feel welcome with his friendly conversation and offers to help (small mishap with a frozen pipe!) New owners have been doing lots of upgrades like power and heated water to winter hookups. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Located close to the Fairmont Hot Springs, is well off the freeway so feels like a real get away.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

It was a pleasure to meet you both, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $43.00

Spent a week at this park. Check in was easy and staff was pleasant. We had a large back-in up against the fence toward the far end of the park -- quiet with a nice view, but no shade. Great location for visiting Anaconda and Bozeman. Did not use restrooms/showers. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Next door to Fairmont Hot Springs. Lots of interesting history in Anaconda and Bozeman. Nice scenic drive on Pintler Veterans Memorial Scenic Highway from Anaconda to Drummond.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for your review, We added 18 - 13'-18' tall Blue Spruce Trees spring of 2017 and plan to do the same going forward to improve the shade possibilities of the park. I should point out a large portion of RV'rs prefer NO trees for their satellite reception so we are challenged with balancing these conflicting requests and will do our best to accommodate both.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $44.00

Staff were helpful. The smoke was still around. I was surprised it was so far from Butte. Wifi was ok as per the usual for camp grounds. Washing good. Very large gravel drive surface. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

The restaurant next door was good. Butte we went to the open mine site, and the farmers market in the old downtown. Couldn't visit the statue as there was a wedding. Anaconda had this old theatre which was lovely. The town looked like we should have explored it but we ran out of time.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are located 15 miles from Butte and 10 Miles from Anaconda. 300 Yards from Fairmont Hot Springs resort. Our location provides a great base camp to explore both towns and other popular nearby cities and attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed for 2 nights. It is a nice resort. The Restrooms were very clean, and the showers were very large and clean. It is a very Dog Friendly Resort. It is very quiet at night. Thank you to the New Owners we had a great stay. We will back some day. The WiFi was very good also. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

It is short drive to Butte and Anaconda. There is a great hiking trail close to the Resort where you can take your dog for a good walk.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

Thank You for taking the time to post your review, I appreciate you pointing out how quiet it is here at night. Our location, coupled with being two miles off of I-90 does result in a silent night under Montana's Big Beautiful Sky.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here for two nights on our way to Spokane, Washington. The restrooms and showers were impeccably clean. We played golf on the course at the resort, which was pricey but well cared for. We also walked to the restaurant at the resort and enjoyed the meal and exploring the grounds. We liked it so much, we stayed here again on our way home. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the nearby attractions. Your repeat business is appreciated. Safe Travels and we hope to have you back as our guest when your in the area.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

This is a very nice park in an interesting area. The owners are very accommodating and worked with us when we had to extend our stay from 1 week to 3 weeks. We will again visit this park in our travels next year. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

Anaconda is a very nice small town with a lot of interesting history. Donivans restaurant in Anaconda is very good for dinner. The park itself is very dog friendly and has an open area to thow balls, frisbee's etc for your dog.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

IT was our pleasure to have you as our guest, we are happy we were able to accommodate your extended stay and we look forward to your return!

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

We're not sure why some people come to this park for an extended stay. It is only close to the small towns of Anaconda and Butte, the Resort next door is an extra fee, and they don't even have a pool for what we consider a high priced site. The sites are close together, we had no shade, most of the grass is dead and the roads are dusty gravel. On the plus side it is off the interstate so it is very quiet, the utilities all worked well, and we had a fairly strong Verizon signal. We had paid for three nights but it should have been just an overnight. We would not return. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

Thank You for your review. It will take some time to achieve but we are taking steps to address the grass in the late fall as our current watering system counts on the weather to assist us that time of year and it did not cooperate in 2017.
As for extended stays? I suppose different strokes for different folks applies here as we find a large majority of our patrons do choose to stay here for an extended period of time to explore the history and beauty of the surrounding area and enjoy the Hot Springs next door.
We do not have a pool of our own because of the amenities offered 300 yards away at the Fairmont Hot Springs are state of the art and well beyond what we could possibly offer here.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $23.00

I stayed at the Fairmont RV park for one month in the summer of 2017. I had a spot along the pasture land at the rear of the park. While it was a quiet spot with a nice view of the mountains behind me, it was very exposed to the wind coming across the open landscape. It can be very windy in this park, so be careful putting up awnings on your RV's. All the services provided worked well. Power was good, water pressure was adequate, and the sewer worked fine. There's no cable TV at the park, but you can pick up about 6-8 local broadcast stations on your TV antenna. My spot was a large one, with plenty of space for my over-sized motorhome and car to sit on one behind the other. The base was gravel and that was fine, but the spot was not very level at all, and I don't like to use my leveling jacks to hold the motorhome level for extended periods. It wasn't un-level just left to right, or front to back, but very low in one corner and that made for some creative blocking. It's very convenient to Interstate 90, about 2 miles away, but far enough so you don't hear the drone of the big rigs on the highway. Butte is about a 15 minute ride away, and provides for most anything you can need. There's also two large truck stop style fuel stations on the way to Butte, so filling up your big rig is not a problem. The Hot Springs resort is right next door and they have lots of facilities, including a big pool, golf course, restaurant, and bar. Not sure how the pricing works for the pool and golf course. The park is well managed, and the family who run it are nice people who have only owned it a short time. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

The park is close to Butte and Anaconda so some semblance of civilization is close by.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

I am happy to report that the handful of sites with "leveling issues" are a top priority for us early this spring. We appreciate your review and look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $47.00

This RV park is good-sized, and the sites are laid out competently with gravel for the sites surrounded by grass. Many of the sites have trees and there are picnic tables. We had reverse-polarity on the electrical pedestal and when we requested politely to move to another site, the owner of the park became became rude and confrontational, and refused to not only consider us moving -- despite there being at least two other sites nearby -- he would not even engage in a reasoned discussion, we either accepted it or not. This poor attitude was unacceptable so I asked for a refund for the 1 night, to which he (very) grudgingly agreed. I can't report on the other hookups, bathrooms or amenities, but solely due to the owners rude and unpleasant my-way-or-the-highway attitude, I cannot recommend this park at all. We will never go back here. After our terrible encounter with this park's management, we went on down toward Butte, MT and stayed at another RV park. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

Your review has the facts of this interaction re-arranged drastically.
Your first interaction with me after check in consisted of you demanding to move to a site that I informed you was already booked by another party, you replied "well they are not here yet so you can move us there and put them in our site" I politely refused out of respect for them.
a few minutes later you approached me again claiming your site had reverse polarity, what you were unaware of is the fact I had just had that several sites checked by a local licensed electrician for that very problem and it most definitely did NOT have reversed polarity or any other electrical issue. At this point I did have an issue with your credibility and happily refunded your money and had no problem with you moving on.
The My Way Or The Highway Attitude was yours Sir, and I respect the rest of my clients too much to let you put them out simply to please yourself no matter the cost of your untruthful review as a result.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

This park is no longer affiliated with Good Sam. We booked before they severed ties so we were extended the GS rate - nice. The park is okay - mostly gravel and a lot of dust. Plus the smoke in the air due to the fires made it just an "okay" experience. It is okay for a night or two but not a "destination" park in my opinion. Our neighbor came over and warned us that they had killed seven mice in traps since they had been there and I saw one under their unit when we were leaving. We never saw a hint of one but we also have two very active year-old pups which may have scared them off. We have watched carefully for signs since leaving and have not seen any - perhaps it was where they were parked & nearby bushes (site 62). We would stay again when passing through. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Do the Underground City Tour of Butte where you visit the old jail where Evel Knievel spent time, an old brothel, and a speakeasy. Very interesting.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

We appreciate you posting a review. Our park is surrounded with over 1,000 acres of Montana High Prairie and Mountains, wildlife abounds here, it is part of the attraction and yes, it includes the occasional field mouse. We have measures in place to mitigate this as efficiently and safely as we can and find that a few RV's struggle with this and most have no issue. RV's can and do import their own infestations on occasion I am not sure what the case was here but knew nothing about it or I would have provided assistance in the matter.
We look forward to your return, meanwhile, travel safely.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

Upon arrival, owners were far from cordial. Very little effort by owners to maintain the property. Sites are large but deeply rutted and unkept. Only green grass was in the front of park by owners cabin so very dusty. They charge more for 50 amp service. Wifi was nonexistent and there were 6 over-air tv channels. Only trash container was way in the front of the park. We love to dry camp in NFS lands, but when one pays $50/night, one expects some amenities. This could be a great park if managed properly. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

Thanks for your review, we are sorry you did not find your stay satisfactory, I am confused by your comment relative to the "Owners Cabin" as there is no Owners Cabin on this park.
2017 was our first season as the owners and we are making changes/improvements as efficiently as possible so give us another shot if you are back in the area. Travel Safely.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

Over priced, over rated. We had a pull through site that had EWS but their brochure implied (to me, anyway) they had cable TV and that they were associated with Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. Not true in either case. There are no discounts or special recognition with the resort. Pay the going rate for use of their facilities! The RV park is out in the open with few trees, the grass was dead, the site was not level, and the service roads were dusty. The only trash receptacle was an open goose-neck trailer parked in back of the main building across the service road from the bathroom/ shower facilities. WiFi was marginal and later in the evening when everyone got on line, it was non-functional. The only other amenities were a "club room" with pool table and lounge chairs/ sofa and a children's playground area. We stayed one night and moved on. There must be a better option in the Butte area! We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

Thank You for taking the time to post a review. We do not advertise that we have Cable TV and it is not available to us here, I am told our area is "on the five year plan for fiber optic lines, as soon as they are installed near us we will provide this.
We are not affiliated with the Fairmont Hot Springs and they are, in fact, listed on our website as "nearby attractions" nothing indicates that we are associated in any way.
We do our best to keep the grass green, as you are aware the fire season was a tough one summer of 2017 and the weather was not cooperative. We are taking steps to improve this situation for keeping the grass green in the fall, this will take some time to develop.
We use that trash receptacle because the placement and volume of the smaller dumpsters was not adequate for the volume generated during the busy season and some dumpsters were positioned very close to some of the RV sites with negative results. This has solved both of those problems.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

We made reservations in January 2017, 6 months prior to arrival. We expected to receive a prime site. We did not. The site had no shade and it was very hot outside. I asked the owner of the park if we could move to a site with some shade. There were sites available but the owner refused to make any changes. When pressed to explain he became very hostile. "I am the owner and that is final." The main bathroom was very dirty and there were not enough toilets and urinals. The height of the shower was only good for little kids. I had to strain my back to have water touch my upper body. Had to rent portable fire pit for $10 to have fire. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

no shade

Stay away from this campground

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

As you can see this reviewer has 1 total review. This is another of the malicious, bullying reviews resulting from the one incident we had summer of 2017 with an unruly, mean spirited and bullying family that has taken it upon themselves to inflict monetary damage to our park due to the fact they forced our hand and left us no choice to dial 911 to protect ourselves from their mob scene in our office.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

This park is no longer a Good Sam park. They opted not to join & instead put the money into adding a playground & dog park. There is no cable because cable is not available in the area. You can pick up some over the air signals. Getting satellite signal is also no problem. There is only one dumpster in the park for garbage. The people in the office are friendly. The park was very crowded when we were there. There is grass between the sites & a decent amount of space between them. There is a hot springs resort next door with a couple of restaurants in it but that is the only place to eat besides the Mc Donalds & Subway at the Pilot's station a few exits down the interstate. This place is a good stop for overnight but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

Thank You for the review, I would like to point out that the ONE dumpster is twice the capacity of the four small dumpsters that were previously here that had overflowing issues and this is the solution to that problem and is a big improvement and very sanitary compared to the past.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Stayed 2 weeks. Large, level site. Easy access to I-90 (3 miles). Friendly, helpful staff. Close to shopping and activities. Will stay here again if in the area. We camped at Fairmont RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Anaconda for necessities (10 miles), Butte for major items (15 miles). Many bars, breweries, restaurants and attractions in area. Resort next door has bar, restaurant, 4 pools and golf available to campers for $.

Fairmont RV Resort, owner at Fairmont RV Park responded to this review

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest for your extended stay and we hope to see you again in the future. Thank You for the review.

Are you affiliated with Fairmont RV Park ?