Billings KOA

547 Garden Avenue
Billings, Montana 59101

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Billings KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

The bathrooms were clean but the floor is super slippery and I almost fell. The pool hours are advertised as 9 am to 10 pm. However, our children were unable to swim because the pool employees were loudly driving through the park and then took pictures of themselves with female campers instead of opening the pool on time. They were almost 2 hrs late in opening the pool and check out is 11 am. Very disappointed. Our site also had at least 2 large holes in the grass. I would recommend finding another park. Bring plenty of bug repellent. Tons of mosquitoes. We camped at Billings KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Other

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $95.00

I checked in to this park with a 40' coach. I was assigned pad #2 which I was told was open to the sky for satellite. It wasn't - not a big deal over the air was OK. However, after trying to fit my coach in the space there was numerous problems trees, rocks and the patio not letting my steps extend all the way. I went back to the office for another space (there were many open) and the clerk was totally disinterested in trying to help and basically blew me off. One of the issues was also a permanent water puddle on the utility side of the coach that she told me the ground crew would address. After three days nobody appeared that is way I down graded the cleanliness. The problem with the site is that because of a poorly designed irrigation system and the lack of rock there is a permanent puddle you have to negotiate to service your coach and hook and unhook. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

If you like fish & Chips try Crazy Mary's its a hoot

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $75.00

After reading some of the reviews, I think we hit the jackpot with this historic, first ever KOA! Our site was beautiful! They have a very nice pool, a putt-putt course that was quite popular, bikes to rent, etc. The only reason they did not get a '10' was because they never answered their phone and that was very frustrating, as we needed to speak with them before we got there. All we got was a recording. When I checked in, I let them know that there might be a problem with their phones because no one answered after several attempts. The lady rolled her eyes, and simply said, "yeah we are too busy to answer the phones sometimes." NOT good customer service. That said, the rest of the stay was great and we would absolutely stay here again, if we go through Billings. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

M-7

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $92.00

This was our first stay at a KOA, as I had read before they do park everyone very close to each other. Our site was about 10 feet from the Dump station so that was not very nice at all. We were close to the pool and ice cream social so that was the up side. Bathrooms were clean when we arrived on a Thursday but by Friday they needed some help. Although staff was nice I really did not like how small the lots were and ours was not level either - would not have been able to pull out due to tree and packed park so we backed out...overall I would probably not stay here again. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Lot 66

Featured Campgrounds Near Billings KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $53.00

This campground is advertised as the world's first KOA opened in 1962. It is obvious that they plow money back into the property. It is very well maintained, the grass is well manicured and the cottonwoods and other trees are mature. The staff is eager to please. There is a centerpiece miniature golf, pool, hot tub, bbq porch, kitchen area, laundry & cable TV. Located reasonably off the highway and along the bank of the Yellowstone River, the direction signs are hard to miss. This may be the best and one of the largest campgrounds in the area. With all that being said, it is expensive @ $53 with the KOA Kard 10% discount for a W/E only site. About 2/3 of the sites are narrow diagonal pull-throughs. The evenings are a hubbub of people and noise, but does get very quiet after dark. The narrow roads are encroached by parked tow and guest vehicles making an exit from some sites difficult at times. They appear to fill the sites in an alternating pattern so if it isn't near capacity, you may not have a very close neighbor. The dump station is convenient on entry, but requires a tour of the park to return to it. We camped at Billings KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

This is the cleanest and prettiest park in the region. It is KOA's very first RV park. It has mature trees, all paved streets, mini-golf, and a small swimming pool. The sites are very close but they have a small grass strip between sites with a concrete patio, picnic table, swing, and fire ring. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

north pull through
Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $53.00

Nice campground. It is clean and pretty. We had a spot on the pond with lots of shade. It was great. The pond was nice and from our lawn chairs we watched 2 large kingfisher catch fish in the pond, 2 eagle soaring over the river and also an osprey flying over the river. We took the dogs to the dog run. Too small and all gravel so we passed on it. But there was a deer in the park. We decided to try the Pistol Pete's, the bbq restaurant that is on site. It was awful. I had the ribeye and he the bbq brisket sandwich. Don't waste your money. I ordered the ribeye medium rare which it was but it had zero taste and was super tough. I couldn't eat it. My husband said his tasted like it was made by Costco. Maybe the ribeye had been thawed and refrozen over and over... We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $75.00

A very nice campground, but an obviously older one (pre big rigs and slideouts). Extremely well maintained. Main entrance road is wide asphalt, interior roads are relatively narrow (mostly single lane) asphalt that are used for two way traffic. Sites are level gravel with very lush grass between the sites. Sites had picnic tables (some unmovable), swings, fire pit. Lots of shade so satellite access may be problematic. The campground can be used by big rigs (we got in and out), but is not big rig friendly. The trees are not trimmed for taller rigs, turns are somewhat tight in places with some scraping from trees on the inside of the turns likely. The access roads are narrow and mostly two way with no provision for passing - someone will have to back up (even rig v. car, much less two rigs). There are some painted arrows on the ground in places, but they were routinely ignored. The sites with the unmovable picnic tables can make parking very difficult to use for a big rig - ours was right up against the parking area. We had to park diagonally in the site with front of the rig on the extreme left and the back on the extreme right of the site. Otherwise, access to our basement was impossible and the front slide on the patio side could not be extended. Campground personnel refused to move the table. Power ok, water ok, sewer ok. Satellite access was not a problem, but it might be for some sites. Campground wifi was adequate as was Verizon. We did try the hot tubs and found them to be rather scuzzy and bug infested due to the white lights. No recycling on site. OK road bike riding within the campground and there is a paved trail about a mile down the street from the entrance. We would probably stay here again, but we would at least re-examine the alternatives first. This is primarily due to the big rig issues noted above. Smaller rigs would have no problem with this campground and if we were in a smaller rig, we would stay here again. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $84.00

Generally, a very well kept park, great staff with plenty of things to do. Pity that some guests with a "we're leaving in the morning" attitude don't clear up after their pet, especially on the ground at the west side of the complex. Like other older KOAs, it still has a layout from a time when RVs were smaller, making today's big rig motor homes and 5th wheels a challenge to maneuver around the roads. Had to park our towed car sideways to fit on the site footprint. Our patio site was excellent, but trees and low branches meant I had to back out rather than pull through to exit. Access to the sky for satellite and the wi-fi was acceptable. Would visit again. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $73.00

Very nice campground but a bit on the pricey side. We had a premium back in site that was on the edge of the campground bordering a private residence. The site was plenty long and level and we had room for our towed car in front as well. The site also had a nicely landscaped patio pad with a table and umbrella as well as a swing and a fire ring. By far the nicest KOA we have stayed in. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

M7

Moss Mansion is worth seeing in Billings. He was quite the business man responsible for starting many things in Billings.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $55.00

This has tied for my top favorite park I've ever stayed at in the two years we've been living on the road. Beautifully manicured with pots of overflowing flowers everywhere you look. The best 18 hole RV miniature golf park I've ever seen smack in the middle of the park. They charge $5 per round/per person but when we tried to pay for a second round they wouldn't take our money and said it was on the house - nice. Our site was a premium site with a concrete pad and patio, a beautiful iron swing, steel picnic table, and two benches with a beautiful fire pit (couldn't use it though due to fire ban). Our site was so beautiful I wanted to spend every minute outside - and I did! They also rent pedal cars in various sizes and on the weekend you could barely walk through the park for fear of being run over by a kid on a pedal car or a bicycle. Some might not like that but I loved the festive feel and it quieted down during the week. To clarify our nightly rate - our premium site rate was $80 per night with a KOA 10% discount but we had 50,000 KOA points to use which deducted $100 from our total making it $55 per night. They have a dinner shack that serves breakfast and dinner. We tried the ribeye dinner w corn on the cob, beans, potato salad & Texas toast. Our ribeye was not good and I had to throw half of it away due to gristle and fat but a lady at the pool said hers was excellent - so we would try it again. They also have an ice cream stand every evening where you have a choice of about eight flavors of ice cream cones. Without a doubt, we will be back - a true resort-y vacation feel! We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

*Pompey's Pillar National Monument *Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument *Beartooth Highway between Red Lodge MT and Yellowstone NP - spectacular, curvy drive!

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $84.00

Very nice, albeit expensive, KOA. The site has a patio and patio furniture with nice landscaping. All facilities worked well. There is a caution though, Site 1 has a large tree guarding the right side of the entrance into the site and there is a retaining wall on the left side of the site. The access road also has parking for the office directly abeam of site 1. If you drive a tall coach, like a Newmar, watch the tree when turning into the site! There is a large branched trunk that intrudes into the site space and judging by the scars on the tree it has been hit numerous times! We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

This is a typical KOA. Clean and well-run. Nice mini-golf for $5.00 per person. Campground has a little restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner. Getting into spaces can be tight, but manageable. Grass between the sites, but when we arrived (early) they were watering which made a little bit of a mess. Because of all the trees, we were unable to get any satellite (Direct TV). Were able to use our antennae for local channels. There is a nice dump facility near the entrance. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Breakfast begins at 7:00 and was excellent. Pancakes, bacon, OJ and scrambled eggs. Also they sell ice cream at night. Be sure to try the Huckleberry flavor.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $83.00

This park was crazy. It probably didn't help that we arrived on a Saturday night for a one-night stopover. It took us longer to get to our site than to set up - the park has all their go kart rentals right at the check in area! The kids don't seem to care there are RVs pulling in, so you're trying to weave around 10-20 kids on karts, very poor design. The pool and the mini golf were phenomenal and there were tons of activities for the kids, including a huge playground. The sites themselves were level and well maintained, with plenty of room to stay hitched. This is definitely a destination resort - I would not recommend it for a one night stopover like we did, it was just too crazy busy with people. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $53.00

For $53 we got a mud and grass back in site infested with Canadian geese. This cg is not an overnight stop. Lots of family activities. Watch out for the kids on their 3&4 wheel scooters. When the folks next door showed up to park in their even muddier site, they had a hard time finding a dry spot. Called the front desk. They said they would send help. No one ever showed up. Several other campers were held up until the guy finally got situated.

Power pedestals are poorly maintained. Dump station at entrance. We camped at Billings KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Billings KOA

Are you affiliated with Billings KOA ?