Billings KOA

547 Garden Avenue
Billings, Montana 59101

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Billings KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $57.00

Once off I-90 you have a short drive on a very narrow neighborhood street. As we pulled in we saw the sign that said, "1st KOA in the U.S. established 1962". That was a shocker. As we looked over the grounds however everything looked very clean and maintained. But since built back then, just like many older campgrounds, the roads and sites now have tight turns for larger RV's especially in the older sites. Check in was very quick and we found our premium site #50 very easily. It was long enough even after disconnecting. Adequate spacing at this site; along with grass between each other. There are also tall trees in many sites to provide shade. Next to the Office is a very nice 9-hole Mini Golf, but they charge $5.00 to play. Park is along the Yellowstone River, with a small dirt pathway to lead you to it. Cable reception good with lots of channels, although some a little snowy. Wi-Fi worked very well for us. Did not use bathrooms, showers or laundry. The pricing is much higher than we have seen even for other KOA parks, so KOA discount helped. NOTE: other Parks nearby also had comparable high pricing, but their reviews were not as good as this one. We camped at Billings KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $47.00

Beautiful grounds, lots of green grass. We stayed in space 162. We only needed electric and water since we are staying one night. Cable tv came in wonderfully. Nice pull through with clean fireplace pit, oversize colored cement patio. A large bench swing with a beautiful bird soaring among the trees on the back of the bench. The porch bench swing can be moved easily on the cement pad. Picnic tables are better quality than most parks. Staff extremely helpful. Park staff was excellent checking us in and was superb assisting us getting connected to the free WiFi. Park is dog friendly. Swimming pool and spa very clean as well as the laundromat. We did not go into the bathrooms or showers so can't comment. Love this place!!!!! We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $63.00

This park seems well managed but seems a little pricey. Our site was good but was tight and did not have sewer. The other utilities work well. The WiFi was a little slow. The driveways are narrow, paved and surprisingly easy to navigate. There was a small tree on our site that looked like some kind of oak that attracted wasps/yellowjackets in large numbers. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $59.00

Once off I-90 you have a short drive on a very narrow street. KOA has provided great signage, so no issues getting lost. like most KOAs, we found the price less than a value, the park was extremely nice. The service was friendly and helpful, camp was clean, and sites were fine, if a bit narrow. The Put Put golf course on site hand a minimal charge of $5 and was a great amount of fun. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Billings KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $82.00

Supposed to be first KOA. Probably. It was OK but per most older campgrounds tight. It was spotless and in excellent condition. I do not have children so can't comment how children would like it. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $55.00

An easy on/off to the interstate campground. Our site did not have a dump, so we paid a bit less than if a dump site would have been available. We were here on the way to Glacier. I thought this was a great campground. Plenty to do if you wanted to-swimming pool, miniature golf, a nightly bbq, and ice cream café. A very spacious and overall clean place. My only real complaint-I looked into the showers (which were very nice), and they were dirty. All of them. Maybe the showers were cleaned in the early morning, and the campers/shower users were inconsiderate, but this place was nice, so I would have thought that someone would have come around to do an afternoon touch-up. Sites were a bit close, but not jammed packed. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

Please note that the elec/water sites are not suitable for big rigs. They were the only ones available to us when we called. Our 40 ft. motorhome took up almost the entire space so we had to park on the grass. Another RV clipped the back of our car as it passed by going into it's spot. We didn't take advantage of the amenities (pool, mini-golf, etc.) Would only stay here again if we could get into a deluxe site with patio. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $72.00

Nice park for an overnight stay. We booked the deluxe patio site, as less expensive lots were not available. Clean park with walking access to the Yellowstone River. Looked like a fun place to be if you have kids along. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Visited downtown Billings on a Sunday afternoon. It was not busy and parking was easy. Food and service at the Montana Brewing Company was very good.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $86.00

Stayed here 5 nights, in a "deluxe pull thru patio" site. Feel it is extremely overpriced, but was only site available at a decently rated campground in area when I made reservations. Not only is the site rate over-inflated, but to add insult to injury, everything else in campground is similarly overpriced, from the $5 per round mini-golf (seriously?!? After already paying premium to stay here?), to the little BBQ and breakfast place on site, to everything in their well-equipped camp store. Has all the amenities you would expect from a Holiday KOA- pool (free!), laundry, very nice bathrooms, showers, and laundry, playground, pet area, cable TV (which was snowy on several channels). Roads and sites are packed gravel, easy to navigate for us, and level. The deluxe patio site was nice, and came complete with swing, several chairs, table, and fire pit. Adequate spacing in the premium patio area, but a little tighter elsewhere. We had very good shade. Place is well maintained. Had barely enough room to squeeze truck in front of RV. Very good WiFi, and Verizon was strength was excellent. Despite all the niceties, I would only stay again if nothing else in area at those prices. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

There is little trail next to pool leading to Yellowstone River edge and great views of the bluffs across from it. Nice place to relax in quiet...if you bring bug spray.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $75.00

As far as KOA campgrounds go, this one was the first ever and is definitely one of the nicer ones we've ever been to. That said, it is about $25 overpriced even considering all of the amenities. Each site has a large paved patio with very nice table and umbrella and even has a swing. The roads are paved with curbs and mostly easy to navigate. There are lots of mature trees and grass with some additional landscaping,. Being next to the Yellowstone River was nice. Our site was big and level, though some others were a little smaller. We had no Dish satellite but others were able to shoot between the trees in other sites. They provide cable with numerous channels but we didn't use it. Their free Wifi was very slow. The pool & spa looked nice, though there were so many people in it we decided not to go. The mini golf was also very nice, but the $5 per person fee seems a bit high. One of my pet peeves is noise, but this park is very quiet. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

M7

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $92.00

Stayed for 1 night since we were passing through the area. We had a pull-through site that was level and spacious. All the hook-ups worked and were well placed. Did not use any of the facilities, but the park seemed very well maintained. Wifi was not good at all, which is the only complaint. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

The bathrooms were clean but the floor is super slippery and I almost fell. The pool hours are advertised as 9 am to 10 pm. However, our children were unable to swim because the pool employees were loudly driving through the park and then took pictures of themselves with female campers instead of opening the pool on time. They were almost 2 hrs late in opening the pool and check out is 11 am. Very disappointed. Our site also had at least 2 large holes in the grass. I would recommend finding another park. Bring plenty of bug repellent. Tons of mosquitoes. We camped at Billings KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Other

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $95.00

I checked in to this park with a 40' coach. I was assigned pad #2 which I was told was open to the sky for satellite. It wasn't - not a big deal over the air was OK. However, after trying to fit my coach in the space there was numerous problems trees, rocks and the patio not letting my steps extend all the way. I went back to the office for another space (there were many open) and the clerk was totally disinterested in trying to help and basically blew me off. One of the issues was also a permanent water puddle on the utility side of the coach that she told me the ground crew would address. After three days nobody appeared that is way I down graded the cleanliness. The problem with the site is that because of a poorly designed irrigation system and the lack of rock there is a permanent puddle you have to negotiate to service your coach and hook and unhook. We camped at Billings KOA in a Motorhome.

If you like fish & Chips try Crazy Mary's its a hoot

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $75.00

After reading some of the reviews, I think we hit the jackpot with this historic, first ever KOA! Our site was beautiful! They have a very nice pool, a putt-putt course that was quite popular, bikes to rent, etc. The only reason they did not get a '10' was because they never answered their phone and that was very frustrating, as we needed to speak with them before we got there. All we got was a recording. When I checked in, I let them know that there might be a problem with their phones because no one answered after several attempts. The lady rolled her eyes, and simply said, "yeah we are too busy to answer the phones sometimes." NOT good customer service. That said, the rest of the stay was great and we would absolutely stay here again, if we go through Billings. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

M-7

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $92.00

This was our first stay at a KOA, as I had read before they do park everyone very close to each other. Our site was about 10 feet from the Dump station so that was not very nice at all. We were close to the pool and ice cream social so that was the up side. Bathrooms were clean when we arrived on a Thursday but by Friday they needed some help. Although staff was nice I really did not like how small the lots were and ours was not level either - would not have been able to pull out due to tree and packed park so we backed out...overall I would probably not stay here again. We camped at Billings KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Lot 66

Featured Campgrounds Near Billings KOA

Are you affiliated with Billings KOA ?