Billings Trailer Village RV Park

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Nice, clean park. Sites are a bit short for big rigs. Our friends had to back their 40-foot motorhome clear up to the rear fence. Our 36-foot 5th wheel was not quite to the fence. Winter water hookups are in the middle at the rear, so you have to position your rig to straddle it. Nice grass but no picnic table. Some train noise, but it didn't bother us. We would definitely come back here, even tho backing in was a bit difficult. Took several tries to get in. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

There is a spot in front of the RV to park your tow vehicle. Be sure to see Little Big Horn, about a 45 minute drive from Billings.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Paved roads and back in sites with more than the average amount of room between sites for this type park. Each site has a small grass area and there are some nice shade trees if you get the right site. Solid electric and sewer but water pressure fluctuated from great to poor. The place is clean and well kept, but there are a few seasonal sites that need to pick up and clean up a bit.
Now for the dings. We never could get use wifi at our site. Others said it worked OK so I think it was our position at the furthest point from the office. We did have great Verizon 4G but it is nice to have working wifi when they advertise it.
There are no picnic tables at any of the sites. There is plenty of room so I'm not sure why this is.

There is no dog park. The dogs go on a thin patch of grass near the fence or more likely, on soomeone's site. Having a corner lot with a large plot of grass between the coach and the street, we had a lot of visitors. Fortunately they all picked up except for one. There always has to be one.
This place will allow you to wash your rig or car. A large portion of the sites turn over every night so mornings and afternoons are busy. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Get reservations. This place is full every nght!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

No pull thrus. All back ins. Spaces are very tight. Spaces are not marked very well. I backed into my space. After I un-hitched and was fully connected, was told my trailer was in the wrong place. I had backed it into the space I was assigned. I had to disconnect, re-hitch, move trailer, unhitch re-connect all over again. Only because women at front desk gives lousy instructions. Would not stay here again. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $20.00

The rate quoted is a monthly rate (28 days) divided by the monthly rate. I arrived in the park two months ago for a job, before trees were leafed out. The park is the cleanest I've been to in 10 years of working on the road. Though it is small, every site has a patch of grass and some shade from a tree or two. There is room enough to park two cars beside the RV in some spots, though it wouldn't give you any patio room. Flowers, trees and grass are in full bloom right now and give the park a homey feel. There is a playground area fenced in with a swing set, though there aren't many kids around since school is still in session. Owners just evicted a bunch of construction workers that weren't being good neighbors (noisy past 10pm, messy, sitting around drinking from liquor bottles after work). Owners gave them every opportunity to act right after complaints, and, acted IMMEDIATELY upon noise complaints. The location is perfect for shopping, with grocery store (Albertsons), major restaurants (Texas Road House & others), Cabela's all within a 3 mile radius.

The only thing that would make the park perfect, in my view, would be to have a fenced in dog area, but space doesn't allow it. Owners have tried to buy the 5 acre open field behind their property (fenced off) to expand, but City of Billings won't permit more RV spaces....too bad. RV people spend $$ when they are in your town. Ask Cabelas....they KNOW me. There is an off leash place to run the dogs at 'Norm's Island' a mile south of the park, WORTH VISITING!!
Owners/managers live on site and are the hardest working ones I've seen in 10 yrs of travel. The roses blooming at the entrance are testament to their care and love! I will certainly return to this park when I'm going through Billings. As for train noise, it is now hot enough to have your A/C unit neutralize that.... We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant on King St (west of RV park) has excellent, fresh food for the hot days when U don't want to cook.

Take a picnic lunch to Norm's Island with the dogs. One mile south of the RV park on S. Billings. Look for the Montana Audobon sign on the right after you go over the freeway, turn right down gravel road. Portacan on site in parking lot, no water-bring your own water for dogs. Lots of friendly people and dogs, off leash, right on the Yellowston river.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $30.00

Park is very clean. They were very accommodating regarding our Golden Retriever. We were visiting our grandkids and other parks were still closed for the winter. Water was still "winterized" so the valve was hard to get to. Nice level spots. Close to train track. Not totally quiet but not bad. The park has a lot of monthly tenants. Over all the park is one we would rerun to. Owners, Managers are very nice. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Close to shopping and other local attractions. Less to do during the winter season.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

This is more a long term trailer park. Bathrooms and showers were spotless. The biggest complaint is that the train goes through town, very close to the campground every hour and blows its whistle. Forget about sleeping. No picnic tables and the sites are very close together. We were put in a less populated site, but you are right on top of one another if the campground is busy. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $45.00

Very nice clean campground. Sites are close together with no tables or fire rings. Near I-90 so good place for an overnight stay. Didn't use it, but laundry room was very clean. We couldn't get the "free" park wifi to work. Our Verizon Mifi worked well. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $45.00

This was a very clean quiet park in the middle of the city. We stayed here so we could drop off our friends at the airport. We are staying here on our return trip from Glacier Natl Park. We did our laundry here and used the showers. Very, very clean. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Albertsons grocery store was wonderful. Use it instead of Walmart for groceries.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $45.00

No working WiFi at our site in spite of being told it would be good when making reservations. Owner explained they changed providers 5 months ago and are having problems. Their saying they have WiFi when they know they have problems is a. Machines in laundry room are ancient and one of 6 broken. Several run down single wides with run down residents mixed in with RVs. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $45.00

This campground is acceptable if your expectations and needs are low. As mentioned, sites are all level paved back-ins suitable for rigs up to maybe 42 feet long. A bigger rig might fit along the fence line. The interior road is wide enough to make backing easy, especially since they enforce the "no parking in the road" rule. You park beside your rig and can't stay hooked up. They have 2 rows with RVs and if you venture one row further, you are in a somewhat rundown trailer park. They have a few channels on cable which worked fine. Their Wi-Fi is free but it kept knocking me off so I had to log on over and over. It took me 3 tries just to submit this review. There's a small laundry but not much else. I saw no picnic table and no fire rings. You are sandwiched in pretty good so you won't be able to use an awning except to cover your own vehicle. Both Verizon and AT&T had good signals. Given I couldn't find anything better in Billings, I guess I'd stay here again. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $45.00

This is a pretty average RV park. The sites are fairly close together, but not as bad as some. There is road noise, but not as bad as some. And there's a train track (isn't there ALWAYS!?!), but not as bad as some. There are at least a few coming through with the accompanying whistles at night, though, so if you're a light sleeper, beware. The sites consist of an asphalt pad for your rig and a smaller pad attached for your vehicle. Unless you are a pickup camper, van, smaller Class C, or have one of those teeny little trailers, be aware that you will have to unhook your tow/towed vehicle. Not real convenient for an overnight. No picnic table. There is a little patch of grass between each site, but nowhere that great to walk your dog. The grounds are reasonable well kept. Didn't use the restrooms or showers so can't comment. The laundry facilities were subpar in my estimation, though. There are two buildings with two laundries. Each has two regular washers and one "commercial" size washer, and two regular dryers plus one large one that is probably older than I am (and I'm OLD!). It was pretty much worthless and I had to wait until one of the newer ones was available to finish drying. AND, at least one washer or dryer was out of order in each building so I had to run back and forth between them to finish three loads. In addition, the lighting is so bad that I had to take each t-shirt outside in the daylight in order to see if there were any stains that needed to be pre-treated. The change machine didn't work very well either rejecting all of my $5's so that I had to feed it a bunch of singles. The wi-fi was also pretty much worthless and I could only get two bars service on Verizon most of the time. All in all, I think I would probably try the other RV park in town if I came through again. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $40.00

This park is mostly blacktop with level sites that are spaced with adequate distance between them. There are some trees; however, the site we were in did not have much shade. The campground has cable with about 20 channels that worked well. It also has WiFi that works about as well as any other campground I have stayed in. We had a good Verizon signal. There is no pool or playground for children. We overnighted here on our way east on I-90. We would overnight here again. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $35.00

We stayed here in a 5th wheel for several nights. The park was clean, totally paved with grassy area and picnic table. There was even a separate parking space for our vehicle on the door side of our trailer which was also paved. The laundry looked good although I didn't use it. I was impressed with two umbrella type clothes lines by the laundry available for the campers' use. The park was quiet and centrally located to the places we wanted to visit. I would stay here again. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $45.00

This is a neat, clean, well run park. It is a little tight for maneuvering and sites are moderately spaced. The biggest downside for is was that there were train whistles during the night that woke us up. Most RV parks in Billings are around $50 so it is an expensive area to stay. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Cabela's and Sam's Club close by.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

Very nice back-in with a shade tree and grassy area. The site and parking were paved. There wasn't a specific area for dogs to walk although there is a bike trail in front of the campground that worked for walking the dog. Shopping and fast food is nearby. We camped at Billings Trailer Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Hardin KOA

Hardin, Montana

Jim & Mary's RV Park

Missoula, Montana

Pelican Campground

Laurel, Montana

Are you affiliated with Billings Trailer Village RV Park?