Bozeman, Montana

• ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $49.00

On top of a hill outside of Bozeman Montana. Mostly pull-through sites with awesome views of the surrounding mountains. Nice playground for kids and a heated swimming pool. Some long term residents in back in sites around the perimeter of the park, but plenty of pull-through sites for shorter stays. No cable. Very close to downtown Bozeman and lots of great hiking trails. Our site had a nice grass space with a picnic table and wonderful views. No bugs. Wish we could have stayed longer. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $47.00

This campground is a real conundrum. The location is great, right off the interstate and very close to town. The cleanliness, the wifi, the water pressure are all really good. The big rigs are parked in the center of the campground and many of the sites are unlevel. The interstate and train whistles can be annoying if you are a light sleeper. And no where in their documentation does it state that there is a $7.50 charge to check in before check-in time. If I was in a nasty mood I would have challenged them on that. I rated it higher than it maybe is because of its proximity to great amenities. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $54.00

I called every place in the area before coming here. They were all full or wanted to charge me 79 or higher. I called this place last because of the low reviews. I was pleasantly surprized! My pull through site was a good size, I didn't even have to unhook my truck from my 37' trailer. It was perfectly level without help. The bathrooms/showers are cute and clean. The pool is small but clean and clear. The play area is full of thoughtful gestures like sand toys and sidewalk chalk. Best of all, they didn't charge me for my 6 kids and were cheerful about it. The last park I'd spoken to had just acted all worried about me having kids and charged me extra for each. I've found this policy and attitude surprisingly common... so Bear Canyon was refreshing. We'd definitely come back. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $48.00

Gravel sites are uneven and if you have a big rig, tree limbs need to be trimmed as they were in the way and made satellite access difficult. No cable but the reception with air antenna was OK . Bring a long sewer hose as power is situated well forward and sewer all the way at the back. Train whistle blows often in the early morning hours but really did not bother us. The Wi-Fi is basically nonexistent with speeds more like an old LAN connection - slow! Very much overpriced for the services provided but in a good location to visit area attractions. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We are at Bear Canyon campground in Bozeman Montana. I really enjoy stepping out my door into the sewer hookup and I can't wait to eat my dinner right there too. It's a good thing that my awnings aren't chomping at the bit to get out because there isn't room. I have asked to be moved but there have been a hundred excuses why they can't move us. We would love to leave but our sole purpose here is to meet with or friends so basically we are screwed. When we made or reservation I specifically asked if they would put us together and was told yes. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Tight spaces. Barely able to get slides put and the closest to a neighbor we've ever been. Roads are fine. Nice people. Clean. Not all spaces seeem super tight but they sure put us in close quarters. See picture of clearance between 17 and 18 I posted We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Town is about 5 miles away. Get back on I-90 west and go to exit 309 or farther. Plenty of amenities in town.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $52.00

On top of a hill outside of Bozeman Montana. Mostly pull-through sites with awesome views of the surrounding mountains. Nice playground for kids and a heated swimming pool. Some long term residents in back in sites around the perimeter of the park, but plenty of pull-through sites for shorter stays. No cable but some over the air from Bozeman. We had to move once to get satellite because of trees. Very close to downtown Bozeman and lots of great hiking trails. Our site had a nice grass space with a picnic table and wonderful views. Wish we could have stayed longer. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

This is an older park, with sites pretty close together and a bit worn down. The person that greeted us was very friendly and the store was decently stocked for a camp store. This is a great place for an overnight stay, but I don't think the train whistles would let me stay more than a night.

This is kind of a hard place to find, we drove right past it, circled four miles around to the exact same spot until we noticed a tiny little sign for the camp.

I saw some pretty decent sized rigs here so I think that even though the spots are close together, they are more than accommodating length-wise. A little tight getting in and out of the spots, but nothing too bad.

The trains are really the main detractor from this, but you can't get away from them at any of the Bozeman RV parks from what I understand, so apparently this is the best you will get. The trains run pretty much all day and a good part of the night and it's pretty close to the camp.

I saw plenty of people that seem to either live here or have camped for a good while (our neighbor had been there a couple weeks), so those trains don't bother everyone.

Honestly the only really "bad" thing about this place is the trains. When reviewing a camp site I take into account how "nice" a place is to stay as well as everything else, the trains make this a bit less "nicer" than other places, but doesn't mean the campground itself is bad.

I do, however, think that $45 per night for full hookups at this particular spot was pretty high. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

When you get off of I-90 look for what appears to be a steep driveway RIGHT NEXT to the overpass. Their sign is a little hard to see and we missed it, but it's almost a fork in the road where the uphill drive goes to the camp and the other continues on the local access road.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $52.00

Stayed for 1 night, nice campground with lots of trees. When I checked in they stated I would need to drop my 12' trailer as it wouldn't fit in the site. But when I got to the site there was room to stay connected as well as squeeze our jeep into the drive site. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $38.00

Gravel roads and sites. Our site was sloped and situated next to a big spruce, so we had to maneuver the rig to get satellite access. Power was situated well forward and sewer all the way at the back, so it was a bit tricky. Good water pressure. Two bars signal strength on the wifi, so when we could log in, it was unusable. Our hotspot worked fine. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

Unmarked entrance is uphill between two posts. Exiting is tricky with blind view of other roads and 13 foot 3 inch Interstate overpass will cause big rigs concern. Sites are close so that pull thrus neighbor's table is close to sewer drop and your RV. First time in all our years of rving, it took an hour to level which we later determined that leveling is a problem on most sites because the park is built on a hill. There are great views of the valley. Noise is minimal except for the freight trains horns. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Museum of the Rockies is a definite as well as many restaurants close to museum and downtown.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $44.00

Good park. Had seen several reviews pointing out the low archway over the entrance into the park. It has been removed! There still are some low limbs right at the office that they have clearly worked on. I opted to drive through the very large dump site just to the left. Had also seen in the reviews (and in person!!) there is a low underpass where you get off the interstate. It's marked 13'3" (Will try to post a picture.) You want to come off the south side if that's too low for you. Next exit going W is 3 miles with no underpass and the next exit going east is 3 miles as well with an unmarked underpass. Looks plenty high and I went under it with feet to spare in my 45' MH at 12'7". So underpass is an easy work around. Park has no control over that regardless!!! Park is very convenient to Bozeman and why we stayed here. There are train tracks across I-90 with a lot of traffic, but did not bother us. The park is adequate but sites are pretty close together. We could put out our slides but not the awning. We could easily hear the family next door. Also woke up our first morning to a sprinkler running right at our door and nice puddle. I found the young lady moving sprinklers and she was very appropriate and fixed the problem. Pool looked nice and was pretty busy. We did not use. Overall pretty good place to stop and convenient to Bozeman. We were here 6 nights. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

We had a great lunch at the Co-Op in Bozeman.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

Our usual stop in this area and it will continue to be.

This campground is further from the interstate than the other one in the area and quieter as a result. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

About 5 miles from downtown Bozeman. Site was a bit narrow; flat on top, but more of an angle out the steps. Very clean restrooms and laundry. Checked out the showers, but we didn't use them. Our friends were in Space 8 which was wonderful. Lots of grass and a picnic table. We also had a table, but not near as much grass. Easy in and out. Trash is as you exit. Beautiful views of the mountains. Pool was always busy, and it looked very nice. Lots of trees. We would definitely come back here. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Costco, Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Home Depot and Lowe's....pretty much anything you want. The Pickle Barrel up on College by the campus is amazing. Great subs. Downtown has loads of little shops and a great quilt store. Must see is the Museum of the Rockies. Three Forks is the headwaters of the Missouri River and Yellowstone 90 minute drive there. Gallatin Canyon is beautiful.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

We were just spending the night, so did not take advantages of the amenities.

The park is on a hill, so I was a bit surprised at the level of road noise - not terrible, but present. There are several trains that pass by at odd hours.

They have a nice off-leash area for dogs and the staff are very pleasant. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Bear Canyon Campground ?