Bear Canyon Campground

Bozeman, Montana

4000 Bozeman Trail Rd
Bozeman, Montana 59715

• Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?

Ask fellow campers about "Bear Canyon Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

The very good thing is they accepted two packages for us from Amazon. We thought we had sent it to our next destination and this campground asked that we do not have mail sent hear. They kept the packages for over a week for us. The park is large and has tent, pull through, back in. The biggest problem is the pull through are not level at all. We had to put three inches on one side and it still wasn't level. The motor home next to us has hydraulic jacks and their tires are about 18 inches off the ground. I think for the price, the need to work on last of these pads. Also, the trains. There are several trains throughout the day AND night. Because there is no guard rail at the tracks the whistle blows all thru the night. It's loud. The park is about 6 miles from Bozeman, which is a large city. There are several things to see there. Great shopping. Not good satelite reception but the WiFi is great. Very clean, camp workers are very nice. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Best place to see is Museum of the Rockies. I've never seen so much information on dinasours or guitars. Worth $15 ($12 for seniors and military), and it's for two days.

RTM

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

Stayed 2 nights in a 43' motorhome to drop off Gkids at Bozeman airport. Easy on/off to I-90. Smooth check-in. Site #2 was FHU PT, gravel a little unlevel easy to get in/out. Interior roads are hard pack, dusty gravel. A little tight for big rigs. Neighbors very close. Nice pool and bath/restrooms. Good laundry room but $2/machine. Lots of space to walk dog. When in the area would stay again as an overnight stop. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Other

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $51.00

Dust. Seems all too common for RV parks in this part of the country to have gravel/dirt driveways which results in lots of dust. And our fellow RVers don't seem to care that some of us prefer not to be enveloped by clouds of dust so they drive through the park at top speed. This park is a few miles east of Bozeman right off I-90. Yes there is train noise and some highway noise but the park is up on a hill with a nice view. Most of the sites are pull through with back-in sites around the perimeter. The pull-thru sites have some trees for shade. There is WiFi which we found to be reasonably stable. Depending upon your pull-thru location you may be able to get satellite signal but don't ask the person at the office. They just say, sure, you should be able to, however they have no idea. My recommendation for RV park management is to keep notes on each site as to whether satellite signal is possible for both fixed mount and portable. This would be a great service for your customers. We had a pull-thru with full hook-ups and 50 amp electric. The sites are pretty narrow with little if any room for outside living. The bathrooms could use some work but were reasonably clean. They allow tent camping on the grass right around the common area of the park which seems unwise. I often found these campers sort of taking over the restroom. We paid $50.75 per night. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $52.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. Easy on/off to I90. Showers, wi-fi, and laundry was good. No dog park but lots of grass to walk dog. No cable and no trouble with our satellite once we moved away from trees. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Walmart, shopping, restaurants, and downtown was 10 miles but easy access.

Featured Campgrounds Near Bear Canyon Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $55.00

A pretty crowded park, close to your neighbor, but Fantastic Views if you can get a clear look. It is on top of a hill, above the Interstate, so not much traffic noise. Has a swimming pool if you care for such. Had to use the 'dump station' as the sewer at our site was about 30 feet too far away. Not the most congenial people in the office. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $21.00

Lucked out and got a space on the west side with full hookups. Views are unreal all the way to the Tobacco Root Mountains and Gallatin Valley. Pool was clean and 84 degrees. Staff are excellent. Very quiet except for an occasional train. Nice dog run and open space to unleash. This is one of my favorite campgrounds in the west. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $49.00

On top of a hill outside of Bozeman Montana. Mostly pull-through sites with awesome views of the surrounding mountains. Nice playground for kids and a heated swimming pool. Some long term residents in back in sites around the perimeter of the park, but plenty of pull-through sites for shorter stays. No cable. Very close to downtown Bozeman and lots of great hiking trails. Our site had a nice grass space with a picnic table and wonderful views. No bugs. Wish we could have stayed longer. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $54.00

I called every place in the area before coming here. They were all full or wanted to charge me 79 or higher. I called this place last because of the low reviews. I was pleasantly surprized! My pull through site was a good size, I didn't even have to unhook my truck from my 37' trailer. It was perfectly level without help. The bathrooms/showers are cute and clean. The pool is small but clean and clear. The play area is full of thoughtful gestures like sand toys and sidewalk chalk. Best of all, they didn't charge me for my 6 kids and were cheerful about it. The last park I'd spoken to had just acted all worried about me having kids and charged me extra for each. I've found this policy and attitude surprisingly common... so Bear Canyon was refreshing. We'd definitely come back. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $47.00

This campground is a real conundrum. The location is great, right off the interstate and very close to town. The cleanliness, the wifi, the water pressure are all really good. The big rigs are parked in the center of the campground and many of the sites are unlevel. The interstate and train whistles can be annoying if you are a light sleeper. And no where in their documentation does it state that there is a $7.50 charge to check in before check-in time. If I was in a nasty mood I would have challenged them on that. I rated it higher than it maybe is because of its proximity to great amenities. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Tight spaces. Barely able to get slides put and the closest to a neighbor we've ever been. Roads are fine. Nice people. Clean. Not all spaces seeem super tight but they sure put us in close quarters. See picture of clearance between 17 and 18 I posted We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Town is about 5 miles away. Get back on I-90 west and go to exit 309 or farther. Plenty of amenities in town.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We are at Bear Canyon campground in Bozeman Montana. I really enjoy stepping out my door into the sewer hookup and I can't wait to eat my dinner right there too. It's a good thing that my awnings aren't chomping at the bit to get out because there isn't room. I have asked to be moved but there have been a hundred excuses why they can't move us. We would love to leave but our sole purpose here is to meet with or friends so basically we are screwed. When we made or reservation I specifically asked if they would put us together and was told yes. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $48.00

Gravel sites are uneven and if you have a big rig, tree limbs need to be trimmed as they were in the way and made satellite access difficult. No cable but the reception with air antenna was OK . Bring a long sewer hose as power is situated well forward and sewer all the way at the back. Train whistle blows often in the early morning hours but really did not bother us. The Wi-Fi is basically nonexistent with speeds more like an old LAN connection - slow! Very much overpriced for the services provided but in a good location to visit area attractions. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $52.00

On top of a hill outside of Bozeman Montana. Mostly pull-through sites with awesome views of the surrounding mountains. Nice playground for kids and a heated swimming pool. Some long term residents in back in sites around the perimeter of the park, but plenty of pull-through sites for shorter stays. No cable but some over the air from Bozeman. We had to move once to get satellite because of trees. Very close to downtown Bozeman and lots of great hiking trails. Our site had a nice grass space with a picnic table and wonderful views. Wish we could have stayed longer. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $52.00

Stayed for 1 night, nice campground with lots of trees. When I checked in they stated I would need to drop my 12' trailer as it wouldn't fit in the site. But when I got to the site there was room to stay connected as well as squeeze our jeep into the drive site. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

This is an older park, with sites pretty close together and a bit worn down. The person that greeted us was very friendly and the store was decently stocked for a camp store. This is a great place for an overnight stay, but I don't think the train whistles would let me stay more than a night.

This is kind of a hard place to find, we drove right past it, circled four miles around to the exact same spot until we noticed a tiny little sign for the camp.

I saw some pretty decent sized rigs here so I think that even though the spots are close together, they are more than accommodating length-wise. A little tight getting in and out of the spots, but nothing too bad.

The trains are really the main detractor from this, but you can't get away from them at any of the Bozeman RV parks from what I understand, so apparently this is the best you will get. The trains run pretty much all day and a good part of the night and it's pretty close to the camp.

I saw plenty of people that seem to either live here or have camped for a good while (our neighbor had been there a couple weeks), so those trains don't bother everyone.

Honestly the only really "bad" thing about this place is the trains. When reviewing a camp site I take into account how "nice" a place is to stay as well as everything else, the trains make this a bit less "nicer" than other places, but doesn't mean the campground itself is bad.

I do, however, think that $45 per night for full hookups at this particular spot was pretty high. We camped at Bear Canyon Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

When you get off of I-90 look for what appears to be a steep driveway RIGHT NEXT to the overpass. Their sign is a little hard to see and we missed it, but it's almost a fork in the road where the uphill drive goes to the camp and the other continues on the local access road.

Featured Campgrounds Near Bear Canyon Campground

Are you affiliated with Bear Canyon Campground ?