Sunrise Campground

Bozeman, Montana

Bozeman, Montana

• Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Sunrise Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Stayed 3 nights in this family-run campground. Owners were very friendly, nice folks. Roads and sites are gravel, good maneuverability, and fairly level. Bathroom/showers were clean, but a bit inadequate for the number of sites they have in campground, as there were occasionally waiting lines. They have units park in alternating directions, so that utility hookups are shared...and your "living space" picnic table area too, unfortunately. In our case, adjacent RV was sufficiently pulled forward so that there was no incursion, but imagine there can be most times. Either way, units are fairly close together. Some sites in center of campground have shade, but we did not. Fair number of seasonals scattered randomly in park as well. CG is squeezed between interstate and another highway, with an active main rail line close by as well, so the road noise was constant, and the train whistles frequent...took pity on the tent campers that they placed right against the interstate, can't imagine how they slept. Office has large collection of DVD's to loan for free, a little lending library, and does accept and hold mail for campers. Not much of a dog walk area, and they put tent and some RV campers in the designated area, so we had to improvise. All things considered, CG is conveniently located to Bozeman area attractions, and we would possibly stay again if in area. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots of good craft breweries in town, and Bozeman is a great town to visit - wished we stayed longer. If you and your vehicle are up for a *very* rough 4x4 dirt road ride, Fairy Lake is an awesome mountain lake to visit and hike around, maybe 45 minutes away or so.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

I called earlier in the day and asked about availability as we were leaving an RV repair place. She said there were spaces and when I offered my credit card...she said she didn't need it, if I promised to show up! Of course I did, but kudos to them for being so trusting! When we arrived she could not have been kinder or sweeter. I had a choice of two spots and opted for the one closer to the restroom, showers and laundry room. Many people complained about the noise in their reviews but we live in a condo in downtown San Diego along a trolley and railroad track, so this wasn't an issue. I have a small fan and earplugs and we really didn't notice the noise. The bathrooms are dated but very clean. The laundry room was fine and the rates, reasonable. I would second the comment of a previous reviewer and add that a counter or table for folding would be helpful. If in the area, we would stay here again! We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

I had read previous reviews before booking so we knew the campground was between I-90 and a train track. We were in a site on the highway side. We wear earplugs at night so no problem sleeping. The campsites are very close. You share your "front lawn" with your neighbor. We were only staying two nights so we didn't use that area anyhow. Our picnic table was in rough shape. One bench was broken. Looked like they were working on replacing the tables. Owners were very nice. I'm sure they would have replaced it if we asked. We were guided to our spot and she spotted us in perfectly. One dog walking area was right near the playground. It is a sad little playground. The other area you would have to walk through someone's site to get to. Laundry/restroom/ shower building - I could find no walkway to it. We went through an empty site if all sites had been full we would of had to walk thru someone's site. We did tell the owner about that. Laundry was good except there is no table/ counter to fold clothes on. There is an ironing board and big sink. Washers 1.50 and dryers 1.25 for 45 minutes. WiFi worked better than in a lot of places we've stayed. We couldn't get the OTA channels to come in very well but dish worked fine. They do have a container for recycling cans by the garbage cans. Very convenient to downtown Bozeman. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

We went to Palisades Falls. Nice drive to the falls trailhead and then about a mile round trip walk/hike on a paved trail. But it's uphill to the falls.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

At first they were very friendly and helpful. I needed a spot with full hook-ups for 2 weeks. They were able to give me one for 5 day, then I needed to move. I was promised a second site with electric only. The night before I was to move it rained. They asked if I could park in their driveway hooked up to water and electric until it dried up. I was very happy I do that. Later that day, when I was walking my dog I noticed they had put another camper in the spot promised to me and I paid for The driveway was not ideal. It was very close to the train tracks, highway and the entrance. I was upset that I was put in a less desirable spot, while the one promised to me was given to a new camper. They did not empty the trash can enough. There would be trash piling up around the cans daily. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Travel Trailer.

driveway

Close to Yellowstone.

Burger Bobs has great hamburgers.

Lots of near by hiking trails.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunrise Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Small, tree-filled park sandwiched between I-90 and the railroad tracks, our site was ideal for trainspotting. There is road and rail noise, but with RV air conditioners running, one can't hear it. The shade was lovely and no limbs were anywhere near our RV. Good WiFi and over the air TV, good cell phone service if you choose to use hot spot. Owner was friendly and very helpful, led us to the site and guided the back in. We'd stay here again. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

1A

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

I might as well get this over with...there are trains and lots of traffic because the park is situated between I-90 and a railroad track that is pretty active day and night. However, it isn't as bad as you might think inside your RV. I spoke to many people that have been coming here for years and they said they don't even hear it anymore. They will give you free earplugs when you check in if you ask. Other than that, THIS PLACE IS VERY NICE! The sites are mostly full hookup pullthroughs, and even though some are facing each other, they have you pull in far enough so you are not in each other's faces. There are picnic tables at each site, and good sewer, electric and water hookups. There is also room for slideouts on each side. The owners are GREAT! We were here over the Fourth of July and they had an ice cream social with homemade toppings and more other toppings than I have ever seen! Lots of fun that night. The flowers around the park are beautiful too. The laundry has 3 washers at $1.50 and more dryers at $1.25, and the laundry room is very clean. The water pressure is good, OTA TV is great, all the major networks and lots of other channels. WIFI is free and very strong too...that was a very pleasant change from many other parks. It is only 3 miles from Walmart in Bozeman and very convenient to everything Bozeman has to offer. There are no discounts given, but we tried getting into many other parks that were totally filled for the holiday and they charged a good bit more. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots to do in the area. The office has lots of literature and will give you maps if you ask. Get out and explore. The ride to Livingston is beautiful!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Easy access off the interstate. Staff was so very friendly and helpful. It had been raining non-stop and the ground in front of our 5th wheel was covered in water. The owner brought us a pallet to lay in front of the steps so we didn't have to walk in the water. There is a train track right across the highway but it was cool enough that we didn't have to open windows. The campground is easily negotiated and located close to restaurants and shops. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $37.00

Stayed just one night because of the rain. Loved the fact they had a couple of hundred movies we could just sign out for free as well as a book exchange. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

$40 for a 50 amp full service pull-through site. The hosts are most pleasant and helpful. Sites are gravel and very close together, with a little grass between sites. There is a laundry room with 3 washers ($1.50) and 3 dryers ($1.25), a wash basin, and even an iron and ironing board are provided. Propane by the gallon is available. WiFi is better than at most campgrounds in that it is possible to connect, however, the signal drops frequently, so memorize the password as you will need to re-enter it several times. There is a large lending library of DVD's. Washing of rigs is permitted. Given how narrow the sites are and that hookups are 'buddy', your outdoor space will be shared with your neighbor. Unfortunately our 'buddy' neighbor was a heavy smoker, so sitting outside enjoying the clean Montana air was not possible. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Not the fanciest RV Park but good for overnight. Clean park, clean restrooms and showers, and friendly service. Only drawback was a noisy location between busy railroad tracks and Interstate. Our fan drowned out the highway noise but were awakened several times by train noise. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

We enjoyed our 3-day stay, nice owners, very helpful, nice neighbors, too. We were not bothered by trains or road noise, weather very mild, may have been a factor, don't know. We would stay here again for sure. Many sites have shade. Restrooms were very nice, very clean--showers were good-sized with a separate area for clothing and dressing. The sites are level, every rig we saw coming in leveled quickly so all sites seem to be pretty level. The roads were also gravel, but no potholes, easy to navigate in and out. We were just a few minutes away from downtown Bozeman. You are guided into your spot by the owner, excellent spotting, saved my wife from having to get out to help . We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Lots of breweries, if you are into local beers...fun shopping. Downtown area (Main street) is really beautiful--park and stroll by the shops and restaurants. We didn't do any sightseeing outside of town this trip.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Close to I90. Owners are super nice, and escort you to your site. Our pull through was side-by-side with reasonable space and grass between sites. But I wouln'd say it was spacious. Sites were gravel and fairly level. Water and Power were good heights, Sewer was about 4 inches from grown level. There is road and train noise here. Park has some nice trees and has a nice appearance. Restroom were clean and well lit, but you have to walk over grass to get there, and the is no obvious path. No apparent recycling. They do have a good selection of DVD's that one can use. We would stay here again. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Bozeman is a wonderful town with lots of shops places to eat and drink. In the summer they have a great "art walk" the second Friday of the month. They have also started a film festival early June. Bridges Brewers has great pizza and beer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

The park was nice, if a bit tightly spaced. Gravel with a small amount of grass. Several trees. The main problem was the noise from both I-90 and the train tracks across the road. If your not a very sound sleeper, better look elsewhere. I usually love the sound of a train. But this was just too close and too many trains at night. Also Verison was very slow. The camp WiFi wasn't too good either. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

If you want to see Pallasade Falls, I suggest a truck or Jeep. We have a small car and the road was bad. So we turned around and came back.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Very nice hosts, but the tip-off should have been the offer of free earplugs. This place is situated between the freeway and train tracks. Escort to site. No cable TV, but over-the-air TV was good. Wifi and cellular OK. This is another one of those places that has you face-to-face with another rig. We were fortunate to have a nice couple across from us who also had no kids or barking dogs. We managed to coordinate our awnings so that we each had shade without getting them tangled up. Yes we used the earplugs, and Ambien. The restrooms/showers were clean, but odd to have to walk through muddy campsites to get to them. There didn't appear to be an actual walkway. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Earplugs! We ate at Famous Dave's BBQ in Bozeman.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

First off, these are the nicest mgr/owners I have ever met. They literally bend over backwards to make your stay pleasant. To the point I saw one owner walking around with a portable blow torch while in a snow storm and about 20 degrees. We drove in, hooked up, and crashed as we had drove all day in some pretty bad wind. The owner said "well just settle up when y'all leave". Again, super folks. The park is easy enough to navigate. Entry and Exit to I-90 is very easy. As there had been a lot of snow and rain, there was a lot of mud and standing water. Thanks Mother Nature. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

We were caught in a bad unseasonable snow storm so sightseeing was not on our agenda.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunrise Campground

Are you affiliated with Sunrise Campground ?