Sunrise Campground

Bozeman, Montana

Bozeman, Montana

• Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Sunrise Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

We have stayed here numerous times over the years. The owners are very caring and friendly. They try to accommodate as much as possible. Since they do not have cable they have a huge selection of DVD's, which can be borrowed. They WiFi is great. All shopping is within a 5 mile radius. Stayed here in a motorhome with a tow vehicle. Will definitely stay here again. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Definitely call for availability.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

Great little RV park. Great tree covered sites, Owners are super nice! Only downside is freeway on one side and trains on the other side of the park but they both become background noise. We will be back! We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Bozeman is a great town!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

We've stayed here a number of times over the years, and always have to accept the trade off of location versus noise. The owners are great, the park very well taken care of, and the rate reasonable. But the noise - right next to I-90 with considerable road noise, and on the other side, train tracks and trains using their horns all night long. It's no fault of the owners, but it's a huge distraction and for us prevents a good night's sleep. Gravel sites are level, some pull thrus have shade, and hookups are convenient. No cable but adequate OTA channels and generally clear view of the satellites. WiFi was generally usable and Verizon cell/data was strong. It's a very nice park, but be aware of the noise. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

The park location is very convenient and especially if your travel relates to MSU. The park is clean with lots of trees. There is constant traffic noise from I90 and the surrounding surface roads, not to mention the nearby train tracks (and yes the associated train whistle but not too bad). I had to share a common space with my lot neighbor since the park layout has hookups on opposite sides of adjacent lots. The park is an eclectic mix of tent camping, RV and semi-permanent resident RVs. There is no cable and Sprint was inadequate for my hotspot while AT&T offered a good LTE signal. There are a handful of OTA digital channels. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The park is within a 2-3 miles of everything you could possibly need

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunrise Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Our daughter and granddaughter live in Bozeman where there are very few RV parks available. Sunrise is close to the east side of town with quick access to the freeway. The owners are very nice and the park and facilities are always clean. Road and train noise is a concern. We will stay here on two separate visits this summer and likely will stay in the future. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

2A

Bozeman is close by to many southwest Montana designations. Yellowstone park, Lewis and Clark caverns, Virginia City, and more are all day trips that take a long day to visit. Yet you can enjoy Bozeman, MSU, and the museum of the Rockies right here. I love the bison patty melt at "Al Works" which is ten minute drive from the park. The wait for a table on a busy night can be much longer.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

Sunrise campgound is very near downtown Bozeman. It was a good place to spend a few nights while attending a cycling event. The people were very friendly. The only negative about this park is that it is located very near a railroad track that serves many trains each day and night. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Stayed for 3 nights in a 40' MH. Original RV Park Review said this had cable TV but we were informed that is not true. Sites are gravel. Female owner is very nice, but husband seemed irritated and would drive right by you on his ATV and totally ignore you. We did get to move to a different site than originally assigned which worked much better for us. Since this is the closest park to Bozeman we would probably stay here again. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Stayed 3 nights in this family-run campground. Owners were very friendly, nice folks. Roads and sites are gravel, good maneuverability, and fairly level. Bathroom/showers were clean, but a bit inadequate for the number of sites they have in campground, as there were occasionally waiting lines. They have units park in alternating directions, so that utility hookups are shared...and your "living space" picnic table area too, unfortunately. In our case, adjacent RV was sufficiently pulled forward so that there was no incursion, but imagine there can be most times. Either way, units are fairly close together. Some sites in center of campground have shade, but we did not. Fair number of seasonals scattered randomly in park as well. CG is squeezed between interstate and another highway, with an active main rail line close by as well, so the road noise was constant, and the train whistles frequent...took pity on the tent campers that they placed right against the interstate, can't imagine how they slept. Office has large collection of DVD's to loan for free, a little lending library, and does accept and hold mail for campers. Not much of a dog walk area, and they put tent and some RV campers in the designated area, so we had to improvise. All things considered, CG is conveniently located to Bozeman area attractions, and we would possibly stay again if in area. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots of good craft breweries in town, and Bozeman is a great town to visit - wished we stayed longer. If you and your vehicle are up for a *very* rough 4x4 dirt road ride, Fairy Lake is an awesome mountain lake to visit and hike around, maybe 45 minutes away or so.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

I called earlier in the day and asked about availability as we were leaving an RV repair place. She said there were spaces and when I offered my credit card...she said she didn't need it, if I promised to show up! Of course I did, but kudos to them for being so trusting! When we arrived she could not have been kinder or sweeter. I had a choice of two spots and opted for the one closer to the restroom, showers and laundry room. Many people complained about the noise in their reviews but we live in a condo in downtown San Diego along a trolley and railroad track, so this wasn't an issue. I have a small fan and earplugs and we really didn't notice the noise. The bathrooms are dated but very clean. The laundry room was fine and the rates, reasonable. I would second the comment of a previous reviewer and add that a counter or table for folding would be helpful. If in the area, we would stay here again! We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

I had read previous reviews before booking so we knew the campground was between I-90 and a train track. We were in a site on the highway side. We wear earplugs at night so no problem sleeping. The campsites are very close. You share your "front lawn" with your neighbor. We were only staying two nights so we didn't use that area anyhow. Our picnic table was in rough shape. One bench was broken. Looked like they were working on replacing the tables. Owners were very nice. I'm sure they would have replaced it if we asked. We were guided to our spot and she spotted us in perfectly. One dog walking area was right near the playground. It is a sad little playground. The other area you would have to walk through someone's site to get to. Laundry/restroom/ shower building - I could find no walkway to it. We went through an empty site if all sites had been full we would of had to walk thru someone's site. We did tell the owner about that. Laundry was good except there is no table/ counter to fold clothes on. There is an ironing board and big sink. Washers 1.50 and dryers 1.25 for 45 minutes. WiFi worked better than in a lot of places we've stayed. We couldn't get the OTA channels to come in very well but dish worked fine. They do have a container for recycling cans by the garbage cans. Very convenient to downtown Bozeman. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

We went to Palisades Falls. Nice drive to the falls trailhead and then about a mile round trip walk/hike on a paved trail. But it's uphill to the falls.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

At first they were very friendly and helpful. I needed a spot with full hook-ups for 2 weeks. They were able to give me one for 5 day, then I needed to move. I was promised a second site with electric only. The night before I was to move it rained. They asked if I could park in their driveway hooked up to water and electric until it dried up. I was very happy I do that. Later that day, when I was walking my dog I noticed they had put another camper in the spot promised to me and I paid for The driveway was not ideal. It was very close to the train tracks, highway and the entrance. I was upset that I was put in a less desirable spot, while the one promised to me was given to a new camper. They did not empty the trash can enough. There would be trash piling up around the cans daily. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Travel Trailer.

driveway

Close to Yellowstone.

Burger Bobs has great hamburgers.

Lots of near by hiking trails.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Small, tree-filled park sandwiched between I-90 and the railroad tracks, our site was ideal for trainspotting. There is road and rail noise, but with RV air conditioners running, one can't hear it. The shade was lovely and no limbs were anywhere near our RV. Good WiFi and over the air TV, good cell phone service if you choose to use hot spot. Owner was friendly and very helpful, led us to the site and guided the back in. We'd stay here again. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

1A

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

I might as well get this over with...there are trains and lots of traffic because the park is situated between I-90 and a railroad track that is pretty active day and night. However, it isn't as bad as you might think inside your RV. I spoke to many people that have been coming here for years and they said they don't even hear it anymore. They will give you free earplugs when you check in if you ask. Other than that, THIS PLACE IS VERY NICE! The sites are mostly full hookup pullthroughs, and even though some are facing each other, they have you pull in far enough so you are not in each other's faces. There are picnic tables at each site, and good sewer, electric and water hookups. There is also room for slideouts on each side. The owners are GREAT! We were here over the Fourth of July and they had an ice cream social with homemade toppings and more other toppings than I have ever seen! Lots of fun that night. The flowers around the park are beautiful too. The laundry has 3 washers at $1.50 and more dryers at $1.25, and the laundry room is very clean. The water pressure is good, OTA TV is great, all the major networks and lots of other channels. WIFI is free and very strong too...that was a very pleasant change from many other parks. It is only 3 miles from Walmart in Bozeman and very convenient to everything Bozeman has to offer. There are no discounts given, but we tried getting into many other parks that were totally filled for the holiday and they charged a good bit more. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots to do in the area. The office has lots of literature and will give you maps if you ask. Get out and explore. The ride to Livingston is beautiful!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Easy access off the interstate. Staff was so very friendly and helpful. It had been raining non-stop and the ground in front of our 5th wheel was covered in water. The owner brought us a pallet to lay in front of the steps so we didn't have to walk in the water. There is a train track right across the highway but it was cool enough that we didn't have to open windows. The campground is easily negotiated and located close to restaurants and shops. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $37.00

Stayed just one night because of the rain. Loved the fact they had a couple of hundred movies we could just sign out for free as well as a book exchange. We camped at Sunrise Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunrise Campground

Are you affiliated with Sunrise Campground ?