Grandview Campground & RV Park

Hardin, Montana

Recent Rate: $33 4/2015

DXSMac

If you are driving through Montana during October or later or earlier than mid-April, finding RV parks that are open is dicey. There are very few open year round and even those are MILES apart. I came 300 miles from Anaconda in mid April and this park JUST OPENED for the season. Lucky me. Site #6 has the most shade, but that's not saying much. The sites are gravel but it's that REALLY LARGE SMOOTH gravel. As I backed into the site, my rear tires dug a trench in the gravel. Oh well. The camp host said if you want Wi-Fi, get a site near the front. The host said sites in the back of the park don't get the Wi-Fi as well. The Wi-Fi was S-L-O-W even though there were, maybe only FIVE RV's in the park. 30 seconds to load a page. By the way, don't use FIREFOX with their Wi-Fi. You will just keep looping around. Have to use Explorer, to my chagrin....... Verizon worked well here if you have Verizon. My site was L-O-N-G, but some of the sites are short. Had to go all the way to the back of the site to connect to sewer and electric, but the water was more to the front. So, you may need a long water hose. The electric box (50 and 30 amp) was very low to the ground, made it difficult to plug in a surge protector. The cable TV (analog) had oodles and oodles of channels, any channel you could want, and even some digital music channels. I was amused by their entrance sign. Nine point five (9.5)miles per hour. Ok......... Make sure you drive no more or no less than 9.5 miles per hour. It probably means to drive LESS THAN ten miles per hour through the park. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Leon Webster

The sites were nice and level, and well landscaped. We saw a couple of cats, but no big deal. They didn't bother us and we didn't bother them. Kind of enjoyed watching them patrol the perimeter of the campground. The rest rooms are clean. The lady in the office was pleasant and helpful. I have stayed in several campgrounds in eastern MT and this is one of the nicer ones. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Bobbi1948

This park has potential but there are cats and some dogs running free and they made our stay very unhappy. Our dog doesn't like cats, so we had to battle constantly to keep her quiet. Sitting outside in the cool evening air was a nightmare because of all the animals running free. The other big issue was the Wi-Fi. You could log on, but it wasn't long before you got dropped. It made working on the Internet rather hard. On the plus side, our site was great - very level and it had fresh rock on it. There was quite a bit of space between us and our neighbor, too. The lady in the office is terrific - very friendly and helpful. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A hitch and hop

As previous reviews stated, this is an aged RV park. It has several monthly renters and several of the sites show wear. Bathrooms are clean though they are designed for rough usage (metal walls, concrete floors, etc.) Wi-Fi worked well. It is very close to the Big Horn County Historical Museum, which is a must-see attraction. It is also within walking distance to several fast food restaurants. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

flamingo1813

Buyer Beware! Their published rate for full hookup (30/50) is $37 plus tax, with a 10% discount given for Good Sam. That would make the rate $33.30 plus tax. They wouldn't honor the published rate ($33.30 plus tax), and charged my husband $36.90 plus tax. If it had been me checking us in, I would have walked out and gone somewhere else. The park wasn't worth $39+ a night. There aren't enough amenities to support that cost. Regarding the property, it looks "tired", as another poster noted, and there were numerous feral cats on the property (also noted by another person). On the second morning several sketchy men were hanging around at a swing next to our RV, and I was glad we were departing that day, because I wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving my RV unattended. It's in an area of town with mostly gas stations and businesses, so I'm not sure where they get their name "Grand View." We were looking over a fence into an industrial lot. Their claim to being the "closest campground to Little Bighorn National Monument" is relative, because it's still a 16.7 mile drive to get to it. For reference, the other campground in town is just 17.5 miles from the monument. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

gourdguru

I was pleasantly surprised that this park was fairly nice. We had a pull through site that it was very long, with lots of space on both sides. We were parked in between two other coaches, and none of these 3 sites were next to or near a fence overlooking an industrial area. The owners were very nice but I don’t think they handled the issue of overcharging a customer very well. A lady who was in the office at the same time as me claimed she was overcharged, based on the rates on their web site. She was, and so was I, but I hadn't had a chance to look at their web site until the next day when I had my computer up and running again. In talking with the owner about this she stated that the prices had increased in the spring, and the web site was supposed to have been updated by someone who maintains the web site for them, and she was trying to get it fixed. The owner should have honored the price because the website does NOT say “prices are subject to change without notice”. It is her responsibility to ensure her “published” prices are correct. In spite of this we had a nice stay, met the other neighbors next to us and we had a lovely conversation. There are a lot of construction workers in the park. Perhaps some people might consider them “sketchy”, but they really didn't do anything or bother anyone. My only complaint was that there are a lot of cats and a dog running loose in the park. They belong to the owner; they are NOT feral cats. The dog was very friendly but it was running loose throughout the park. One of the cats was under our coach hissing at our dogs every time we took them out for a walk. I Just don't understand how RV park owners can expect guests to follow the rules (pets on a leash) when the owners' animals are running loose. I do have to agree that I don't think the place is worth $41.00 but the bottom line it's whatever the market will bear, and obviously it's working because the park was full. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

cooter5

Power and water pressure were excellent. Site was very level, long with plenty of room for our trailer with slides on both sides. Site was a back-in, but was easy to get into. Lots of room to maneuverer. Staff was great. Park was clean and quiet. Is right in Hardin with easy access. This is one of the nicer parks we have stayed in during our across Canada/US trip. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 was because of the Wi-Fi. It would connect and then drop out frequently. This would get very frustrating. Otherwise an excellent park. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dmuecke

We stayed in this park for one night on our way across the state. We arrived at 3pm and there wasn't anyone in the office. A resident told us where to park and said the owner was out shopping and would be back soon. At 8pm we gave up waiting for someone. The cable was broken at our site and we never got a password for the internet. The bathrooms looked like what I imagine a prison bathroom might resemble. Corrugated panels, dirty curtains and cement floor. The park is not maintained and is crawling with stray cats. We paid the next morning and hit the road. We will not be back to this park. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

CamperAndy

At first, there was nobody in the office. A note said where the staff was, but I couldn't read it. I drove away to the other RV Park but came back as the other one was already closed. Now, the office was open and the manager was very friendly and helpful. The site we were assigned was long, level, and on gravel. It had water, 30 amp power, sewer, and cable TV. All was working fine even though the hookups were dated. Wi-Fi was o.k. and the restrooms were clean but not really fancy. No doors anywhere, just curtains everywhere. There were monthly renters, but it wasn't really bad looking. I think the price is little bit high for how it is presented, but I would return if again in the area. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

HDT

This is a no-frills park, but with good size grassy sites. We were traveling through MT in November, and open RV parks are few & far between. This has easy in & out for our bigger-than-normal setup. It is big enough to leave everything hooked up for the night. I'm not sure if the entire park is open for the winter; perhaps only some sites. Owner is very friendly. No kids' activities. I don't remember seeing a playground; although, I could have missed it trying to get in from the cold. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

fulltimer121

Good enough place, quiet, and well kept. Some trees, gravel sites, some grass. Some sites more spacious than others, good maneuvering room for big rigs. Outstanding feature is the staff, friendliness and helpfulness. Lots of local info, particularly on the battlefield to include loan of a audio driving tour CD. I'd stay again. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

dwleonard

Nice place, gravel sites, staff very friendly and clean laundry room. Don't miss the nearby museum! We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Discovery37

This place is not fancy, but there is a friendly staff. The park is clean and well maintained. We had a long sites for our "train" (motorhome, car, ATV trailer). We stayed 3 nights, and enjoyed the area museums and local restaurants. Visited Custer Last Stand and Battlefield. Would stay again. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Pepper Dan

Medium sized park with gravel roads and sites with grass areas between each site with table. A few trees and 1 mile away from freeway and quiet. Several wide big rig pull thru sites each with water, sewer, 30 and 50 amp. Most sites wide back-in sites with 30 or 50 amp water and sewer. Free un-secured Wi-Fi. A small game room, but no swimming pool or exercise room. No kids play area. Very good Verizon cell and 4G signal. Satellite TV signal almost every site. Free cable TV available. No scheduled activities or breakfasts, etc. Staff friendly and helpful. Accepts pets. Edge of small town – Hardin. Twenty miles to Little Big Horn - Custer Last Stand National Monument, which is a must see. About half park is monthlies, but in a separate section. Best choice in town. Stayed in Would stay there again if in area, but not a destination park. Cost listed is for GS. Does not accept Passport, RPI, ROD or C 2 C. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Bob Stokesbary

Like others have said, this is a nice park to stay in for visiting the Little Bighorn Battlefield. But, to call this park "family friendly" is an overreach. This is just your basic park with little to offer children. The Wi-Fi does not reach to the back of the park where we were parked. We were advised to come near the office at a table that was located there. This really does not match my definition of Wi-Fi availability. Pull-through availability is contingent on your time of arrival since many of the pull-through locations require passing through other "back in" locations to reach the "pull-through" spots. Were told on the phone that pull-throughs were available but arrived just behind the last "pull-through" customer. We were able to back in to the "pass-through" spots with no problems. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Goodland KOA

Columbus, Montana

7th Ranch RV Camp

Garryowen, Montana

Top Tips for this Campground

• Don't use FireFox with their Wi-Fi, it just won't work. You will just keep looping around.

DXSMacApril 2015

Are you affiliated with Grandview Campground & RV Park?