Grandview Campground & RV Park

1002 N Mitchell Ave
Hardin, Montana 59034

• 55+ 55+ ?
  • Phone Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Grandview Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $35.00

Easy in, easy out park. Nice sized spaces, level, long enough to leave the truck hitched to our 33' TT. Very friendly owners, nice walk down to the river if you are so inclined. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $42.00

Interior roads were smooth, sites were gravel and grass. The office looked like a remodel was in progress. The office staff was helpful and nice. The bathhouse was well maintained. Wife wasn't thrilled aboot shower curtains instead of doors in the toilet and shower stalls. Our site was grassy and shaded. Nothing fancy. Good WI-FI No recycling. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

We went to Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument. A worthwhile stop. Only 15 miles out of town There's a Trading Post as you come out across the road also worth the time to see.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $43.00

Easy access from the interstate with paved roads and a variety of pull-thru and back-in sites. Our site was a long pull-thru with soft but level gravel and no shade. Hookups worked well, the cable TV was adequate, and there were a few OTA channels. Park WiFi was adequate, and Verizon cell/data was strong. Pretty much a ho-hum park with no really good or bad aspects, but overpriced for the facilities and the area. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Good fuel stop across the street with diesel priced much lower than at the interstate.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $43.00

This is an okay stop over for one night if visiting Little Big Horn National Monument. This is an April 1 thru Oct 31 park for full hookups. After the snow starts, it is electric only, but open year-round. Pull-thru and back-in sites. Sites and interior roads are gravel and rather level. Cable TV and free WiFi. Big rig friendly. Staff was pleasant. The office where a customer checks in is a real turn-off. Maybe we just hit it on a real messy day when a lot of cleaning was needed, but it was not a good first impression. Laundry room, but we did not check it out. Convenient to interstate. Large fuel station across the street. $10 fee to cancel reservation. One night fee if reservation cancelled within 3 days of arrival. Price reflects charge for full hookup site w/Good Sam discount plus 7% tax. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

If headed east on I-94, the Evelyn Cameron Heritage Center in Terry, MT and Prairie Fire Pottery in Beach, ND are worthy stops for an hour or so each.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grandview Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $33.00

I have never made a bad review until now. This campground is definitely not worth the price. I reserved an electric only site which was still $33 with discount. When they say electric only, they mean just that. There was no dump station or water station. In addition, their electric only sites were clearly late add ons behind a tin shed. I asked if I could dump before we left and was told "only if you pay for a night of full hookups". I have never encountered this at any other campground in the fifteen years of camping. Our friends with us pulled in on empty water tanks. When they asked if they could fill their freshwater tank, an employee said "if the owner catches you, she will charge you to fill up". Luckily the owner wasn't there so they were able to fill for free. In every other campground I've been to campers have always been able to dump and fill tanks for free upon leaving. I will not return to this campground. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

55 behind a shed

Don't rent the electric only sites.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

Interior roads were paved, sites were dirt/gravel or grass. The office look like a remodel was in progress. The office staff was very helpful and efficient. The bathhouse was on the larger/roomier side and was well maintained. First time I have seen shower curtains instead of door in the toilet stalls. Our site was pretty much in the "front yard" of the office and was grassy and shaded. After 8:00 PM it was pretty quiet. Just traffic prior to that. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Little Big Horn. Well worth some time exploring.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $42.00

We stopped here for an overnight based on its location for our travel plans. It's not a fancy place but it was clean and our site was level, long enough and met our needs. I was told the site was a pull through and I did drive through to access it. However, a trailer came in after me and took the space behind me. I needed to drive my towed car over the grass (and under my awning) to leave. Access is easy and the interior roads are wide enough for any size rig. We used the laundry which I rate very good. Machines were clean, worked and it was very economical. I took the opportunity to look at the restrooms and showers. They were clean and the only drawback is the "shower curtain" door of the toilet stall. Invest is a door! We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Little Big Horn NM is 15 min drive to the east. Hardin is a small town but has a few nice shops on their Main Street. If you need fuel, the Exxon station directly across from the campground has truck lanes and the best prices in town.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

We are grateful to this campground as we had some truck trouble and traveling with another couple and their rig. Grandview was kind enough to squeeze us in for a couple of nights while we got the truck fixed. The sites are roomy and utilities were good and well located. The park was clean and the staff were very nice and helpful. We have no complaints and would recommend this park on your way through Montana. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

This is the second time I used this RV park. I called ahead to reserve a spot earlier in the day. I ended up with FHU w/cable and wifi but only 30 amp. The spot was level, gravel with adequate space in the open. It worked out for an overnight as the temps did not get real hot. If it had been hotter I would have searched for a 50 amp site somewhere in the area. This worked out for us mileage wise from Rapid City on US212. I would stay here with temperature and amps as stated earlier. It was far enough off the Interstate that there was no noise problem. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

We went to a BBQ restaurant in down town. I don't recall the name but it said BBQ in front window. Ribs were Louisiana style but Texas smoked and good with assorted bbq sauces. My wife had a bison burger which she said was good.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $41.00

We spent one night at the Grandview on our way east, enticed by the advertised "big-rig friendly" and availability of pull-through spaces. When we arrived we almost missed the campground as their sign had blown away in a storm and had to slam on the brakes to make the turn into the CG, resulting in a sarcastic comment from the owner, who checked us in from her van. There was no office - she used her van. She had to take my credit card to her mobile home and returned it about 30 minutes later which I found a little disconcerting. She led us to our pull-through space - which was in the back of the campground, through some tall grass, driving through one space to get into our space. It was like driving through a hayfield. You couldn't really tell it was a RV space and in fact, we had a difficult time locating the power pedestal due to the tall grass which prompted the second sarcastic comment from the owner. We did not use the showers or restrooms so cannot comment. There were limited options for our 43 foot motorhome in the area and we were happy to have the space for the night, but this campground had a very different feel. The price paid represents taxes and the Good Sam discount. We would not stay at this CG again. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Hardin is a cute little town with both a Flying J and Loves. Easy to get gas and find a place to eat.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $41.00

What an unusual experience. First the rate includes tax and GS discount. As stated in another review, you do not go in an office to register. A lady, who was outside, met us and had us register on a brick wall outside. We had a pull through reserved, but it was odd getting to it. We had to drive around to the back, drive through an empty site, and finally settle in ours. There 3 others who came in later which had to drive the same route through the empty site and then turn into theirs. Odd....The gravel pads were practically grown in the grass. The entire park had very tall grass. You can tell they bush hog it occasionally. Cats and dogs roamed freely all through the CG. The hookups were ok but a little distance from the RV. If in the area, we would not stay here again. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $41.00

Rate was for a "full service site", 50 amp pull-thru including tax and Good SAMs discount. Checkin was a bit unusual. There does not appear to be any real office, however, what appeared to be an employee got the park owner up to the front entry of the park to assign us to a site and take our credit card to run it and provide us with a receipt. Acess to the park from I-90 if fairly easy and there is a Pilot truck stop at the exit, and a grocery store and several resturants in town. Our site was level and utilities were all okay. Not much to say about this park other than we spent a satisfactory night there. Tall grass had just been cut prior to our arrival and the Owner did advise us of this prior to taking us to the site. Several dogs and cats were running loose, and we do note that the published park rules do not require pets be leashed, highly unusual. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Enjoyed a very nice, pleasant dinner at Lariat Country Kitchen, a short distance from the park.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $33.00

After heavy rains, only a few sites showed any signs of mud. Sites are mostly gravel and close to level. Restrooms were clean, spacious, and fully functional albeit with spartan decor. Manager was friendly and accommodating. Access from the interstate was straightforward. There were no noise problems. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

Was delayed in this area due to heavy snow blocking our route. The owner of this rv park went out of her way to help us make the most of our stay. We appreciated her help very much. The campground was well maintained. The site was gravel but was perfectly level. The bathrooms seemed to be new. The town is small but has some good restaurants, car wash, hardware store and an interesting 5 & 10 type store. (for youngsters, that's an old timey dollar general store). Would gladly stay there again. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

Nice long pull-thru site. Friendly manager. Easy in and out, plenty of room for big rigs to maneuver, and an ice cream social every night. We camped at Grandview Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grandview Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Grandview Campground & RV Park ?