Hardin KOA

Hardin, Montana

RR 1, Box 1009
Hardin, Montana 59034

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Hardin KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $41.00

We arrived after hours, but the camp owners took time to help us find a spot and get hooked up. WIFI was good, water pressure perfect. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Travel Trailer.

22r

Not much nearby, and the highway is not too close. It is very quiet.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

The park was dumpy and is not on par with other KOAs, and I was very surprised of the number of folks that rated this park as good. The front with the office looked sharp, but the RV sites in the rear area needs a lot of help. Though the sites were level and long, everything else was in disrepair. The picnic tables in need of painting were old and had about 50%-60% of the paint peeled off. The KOA-Yellow poles throughout the park needed painting too. The grass was not cut; in sections the weeds were about 12 inches high. The gravel area for our picnic table was about 50% weeds. Though the web states CATV was down for repair, the office told me too many customers complained so they just shut it off. The pool area did look good, but the kid's playground next to it needs clean-up. Evidently debris from the adjacent construction flew into the playground. I understand the park is being sold and it appears the current owners are putting as little as possible into it. Even the few premium sites needed some TLC. A little paint and some mowing/edging would make a big difference. KOA National should come collect their famous yellow signs. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Check out the local IGA grocery. They have great sale items.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $41.00

We had a pull through with full hookups. Didn't have to unhook. Didn't have a problem with tight turns or branches at our site as a previous reviewer did at their site. Sites are very close on the back side. I could have reached out and touched my neighbors slide. Cable didn't work. Office staff said the service guy has been there twice and hasn't fixed it. I noticed in past reviews it's been out since May. Many of the picnic tables have peeling paint. Small pool and playground. Plenty of area to walk the dog around the surrounding field. Laundry was dated but clean. 2.25 for washer. 0.25 for 6 minutes on a dryer. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $43.00

Pulled in and saw the "For Sale sign by owner" in the window. We made this reservation in January as part of a big trip for just one night. I informed her that we didn't want to unhook the tow car and just wanted a pull thru large enough for our 44 foot big rig and car and access to satellite. She assured me that we would fit and not have to unhook. Got to to our site and saw that we needed to make a 90 degree turn into it from a narrow road. No way it was happening without unhooking the car. We tried to change sites but was told the much smaller rig that checked in after us was given the straight pull through. So, we had to unhook, still make the 90 degree turn, avoid the trees and then find out upon leveling, that both driver side dual axels were over 6 inches off the ground. To top it off, we also did not have satellite coverage. Upon leaving the next morning, we had to back and maneuver another 90 degree turn while also holding back tree limbs with a broom in order to not scratch the whole passenger side of our coach. After successfully maneuvering out of our "pull through" site, we had to coordinate with another rig so we could hook up the car as we were now blocking the narrow lane to the exit. The owner was very apologetic. He did offer us a full refund which was awesome but we declined and paid half of the site rate. It is unfortunate that his staff doesn't know the site dimensions of their campground. We would not stay here again. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Featured Campgrounds Near Hardin KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $50.00

Just an over night stop - older KOA with gravel pads and interior roads, the campground has seen better times - For Sale by Owner in the front window tells the story. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $41.00

Nice park close to Little Big Horn National Monument. Friendly owners, good wifi signal, nice sized level sites with grass, a grill, a firepit, a wooden swing and a picnic table. Our site was a pull through with water and electric and we dumped at the station provided. Overall happy with our stay, but just a few things to note.....the cable did not work the whole five days we were there (they made us aware at checkin that they were having trouble); luckily there were few other campers and we were able to use our Firestick to watch tv. The grass needed to be cut badly, the pool was not open at the end of May and the mosquitos were horrendous. Sadly, no fenced dog area, but the outer loop is great dog walking space. A quiet spot amidst alfalfa fields and our site had great shade as well as being oriented to the East. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Motorhome.

23R

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

We stayed here 2 nights. The park is a little run down, however the owners were very accommodating, reserving their largest spot for our 45ft motorhome. Also making sure we had 50amp service as not all do in this park. It's an ok place for a 1-2 night stop over. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Motorhome.

Be sure to go Little Bighorn/ Custer's last stand national monument about 15 miles away.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

This is an older KOA with side by side hookups. The park is ok for a one night stay but that would be the extent of my recommendation. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Sites are larger than most KOA's that we have been in. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Stayed one night. Close to I-90, fast food, diesel fuel. Great owners. Had a problem with a washer doing laundry and they were right on it. Friendly and welcoming. Clean with homey touches. Pad was very level and long. Had a sheltered picnic table. Some sites have rocker swings. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Close to Little Bighorn and Pompeys Pillar.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $36.00

We stayed her for several nights. The park was clean, and although old, well maintained. Our only complaint would be water pressure at 20 PSI. Some minor truck noise, and no nearby trains. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Little Bighorn Battlefield is only 15 miles away. The local Grocery store is an IGA, and was very clean and new.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

The Hardin KOA is in a good location. It's close to the Little Bighorn Battlefield Memorial, and close to a small town with gas/groceries. It's surrounded by farm fields, includes a small clean pool. The roads and sites are gravel - and tend to be a little dusty, but it isn't too bad. There is some limited shade. The children's playground is okay. But, their claim to having cable TV is silly. It simply doesn't work. Just use a regular antenna and you'll get a few network stations with a clear signal. The WiFi signal was okay, but not spectacular. It works best late at night when most people are asleep. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Pull through 30 amp

Little Bighorn Battlefield has RV parking.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $38.00

This is a small KOA campground situated on the outskirts of Hardin surrounded by farmland. There is some kind of plant across the road with a loud humming noise that ranges from low to high. The park does not get any marks for beauty. It's basically dirt and weeds. The interior roads are narrow and tricky maneuvering a large RV. The sites are close together especially the ones that share utilities. Our site was narrow with a tree that needs some trimming. We had to park the car sideways to fit it in our spot. No Directv due to trees. They have cable but ours was fuzzy. They advertise WII FI at the site but we could never get connected. Luckily we had 4g and 4 bars with Verizon so we used our hotspot. The water pressure is very low coming in at 20psi. The brochure says they haul in their water. Maybe that accounts for the pressure somehow. There are trains in the area that you will hear throughout the day. This park must be on the way to or from somewhere because they seem to do a steady business. Apparently, many harvesters stay here as well. Pretty pricey for what you don't get. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $39.00

I made a reservation on-line for a 30 amp pull-through space. A couple of days later I received a phone call from Hardin KOA asking me what type of electric plug was on my rig and when I replied that it was 50 amp I was told that I must change my space to a 50 amp at a five dollar per day increase. My statements that I had been using 30 amp spaces thruout my trip went unheeded and since there are few choices to camp in this area I had no option but to accept. Found out after we got there that it had side by side hookups. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Not much for shopping or dining in Hardin. Billings is 45 miles away.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

The campground was good for what we wanted, something close to The National Parks. We did not like the sites to much because we had a neighbor who liked to sun bathe in his lounge chair which was right next to our picnic table. This was due to the back to back spots which were very close. The wifi was fine during the day when the park emptied out but was slow later. The cable channels were very fuzzy and there were only 10 of them. The OTA channels were almost perfect and we got 9 of them.
We arrived around 11:30am to check in and the lady did not seem happy that we were early even though the campground was pretty empty. She told us they normally do not check people in until after 1:00pm. Probably because of the bathrooms being cleaned which we did not need.
We would us this campground for a stopover again. We camped at Hardin KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

We took a trip to Billings and did a tour at the Western Heritage Center.

Featured Campgrounds Near Hardin KOA

Are you affiliated with Hardin KOA ?