Timber Wolf Resort

Hungry Horse, Montana

ftrvingcgst

Very nice setting with lots of trees and nice amenities. However, the Wi-Fi was horrible! Poor cell service also, 3 bars average on Verizon. The campground is on a hillside and the sites are long but narrow. Steep slope right outside door on gravel lead to several falls by us and our friends. Very small picnic tables, like for kids. Some other units could not fully extend their slides due to trees and we could not use our awning. The office staff was pleasant, but somewhat incompetent. Billing was all screwed up, with double charges and delayed refunds. Lots of excuses about the billing and the Wi-Fi but little or no action to correct it in a timely manner. I would not stay here again! There are way too many other parks in the area with better service. This would only be a last resort. We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Motorhome.

fulltimenomads

This is a lovely park with lots of potential. A few tweeks and this place will be fantastic. Paying for showers isn't really a "resort" kind of thing. The free muffins that are top notch, now that is resort style! Overly picky about check out and in, that isn't resort. Fully stocked store, good Internet, that's a resort! Spaces that are too small and not mentioned on check in, not resort. Heavily wooded, lovely setting with privacy, that is a resort! A few tweeks and another season, this place will be all set! We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

michcamper38

This is the worst campground we have ever been at with our 40 foot RV with respect to getting in and out and using their water, sewer, and electric hookups. I literally had to crawl on my hands and knees to reach under my raised access doors to do these hookups because of the narrow spaces and slope of the hill. If you call for a reservation they will ask about your length and slides to see which site they can literally squeeze you into. I would never stay here again. I would go to another of the many parks within a few miles that are on flat land. The RV sites are on a rather steep hill and you do not have any real flat area for even a chair at the site we were assigned. Also, their policy (threat) to charge your credit card if you do not leave by 10 AM is absurd. We did not know any better when we made our reservation; hope this is helpful. My only positive: the Wi-Fi was good. We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Motorhome.

Travelfish

We have traveled extensively and this is the WORST RV park we've ever stayed in -- Pacific to Atlantic, Canada to the Keys. My mom always said that if you're going to criticize someone, find something nice to say, so here goes. They are in a good location and there were some common but pretty wildflowers here and there around the RV park. Thus ends the ‘good stuff’. The problems started when we made the reservation. They knew that we thought we were making a reservation at a Military 'Fam Camp'. They didn't tell us they'd lost the contract until after we'd checked in and they had our money. They also 'bombed' our email with confirmation emails -- 5 or 6 total. I’ve never seen anything like it. They first few were pretty normal — “welcome to the Timber Wolf Resort” and this is how you get here. It isn't until you get to the fine print of one of the last emails that you find out why they bombard you like that — they are banking on human nature that you aren’t going to read all of them. Like everyone, we didn’t until we got there and was looking for a way to go to another park with at least part of our money back. They tell you that if you arrive before 3:00 p.m. or leave after 10:00 a.m., they will automatically charge your credit card an additional $20 after you leave. Really?? Luckily we didn’t arrive early and we made sure we were gone before 10:00. To me, making an early check out outside the industry norm then not making it readily known to your customer so they can stick you for another 20 bucks is dishonest. In all our travels, we've never seen a 10:00 check out. Everywhere it's been 11:00 or noon so any reasonable person wouldn't expect anything different. I also take exception to this being called a “resort’. Calling this place a resort is akin to calling a row boat and ocean liner. When you arrive, the driveway is steep gravel. It also took forever to get checked in -- the woman who was working in the office was struggling with the computer. After we finally got checked in, my husband had to put it in 4-wheel drive to get up the steep gravel drive. Our site was one of the narrowest sites I've ever seen -- and according to the woman in the office, they'd given us one of their biggest because we have "so many slides”. To clarify, we have three slide. The site was surrounded by river rocks. My husband stepped on one of the rocks when we were setting up, twisted his knee badly and undid all the repair work a surgeon had done to his knee a few months earlier. He's still limping two months later and is probably facing more surgery. Our site was so small, we couldn’t walk around the rig. They are on a steep, heavily treed mountain so forget about using your satellite here. You can also forget watching movies via wifi. They had one of the slowest wifi’s I’ve ever seen and there were only three of us in the park. Imagine how slow it is when people are there. I foolishly tried to update my IPad while there since TV was out of the question. It ‘timed out’ and froze the IPad up. My only option was to restore it to “factory settings” which meant I lost all our recent travel photos through Yellowstone and Glacier. I was sick. They’ve got all kinds of rules and infractions which will get you thrown out with no refund. No moving the picnic table or using it for anything other than dining. So a rousing game of Yahtzee is out of the question? They also tell you that there are no dogs off-leash and you must pick up after them ‘or else’, but every morning, two large dogs are let out of the area above the office to roam and do their business wherever — no one following them to pick up poop. Finding the dumpster is also a challenge. Every RV park we’ve ever stayed in puts the dumpster in a location convenient to their guests…… not Timber Wolf. The dumpster is located behind an motorhome and obscured by one of their pickups by the office/maintenance area for their convenience. To use it, we had to squeeze by the truck. They also charge to use the shower — 50 cents for 10 minutes. I expect to pay for a shower in a state park but not a so-called ‘resort’. Again, we were in a virtually vacant park and had no hot water. There’s nothing like a cold shower in the morning to get the blood pumping. Imagine how bad it would be if they had been busy. They also put mop buckets in the bathroom/shower room and have a sign posted ordering you to mop up after you’re done. Really, want me to wash your windows and vacuum the office too? I always put my towel down and make sure the floor is clean and dry after I’m done but the wording on the sign was so dictatorial that for once I didn’t. They have no laundry facilities so if you stay there, you will be going to a laundromat. Getting out would have been virtually impossible if they’d had other campers. The roads through the park are really tight, especially the one down the middle. We had to pull through the site in front of us to safely leave the park. There are other nicer, better, more customer-friendly RV parks in the area. Timber Wolf doesn’t deserve your business or your money. We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Motorhome.

HandymanAZ

The management here are hardworking folks who put a lot of effort into making this a nice campground. They are relatively new owners. There is a B&B on the grounds, and cabins, which I'm sure would be a great place to stay, too. The bathrooms/showers were immaculate. And there's a gazebo with grills which we enjoyed using. And it's nice to mosey around the wooded environs a bit! The RV part of the park is set up with some deficiencies (IMO). That being: some, it not most, of the RV sites are wayyyy narrow! As in you could take out every other one, and then they'd be roomy enough! They do have trees and a table (small and which you're not supposed to move). The location of the park is such that there is constant road noise into the evening that dies down later: motorcycles, semi trucks. You get the idea? But that pertains to most of the RV parks all along that stretch of road (HWY 2). It's conveniently located both for West Glacier and Whitefish, etc., going west. We tried to read about what to expect, since it was our first visit to West Glacier. Places with narrow sites and road noise are better for 1-2 night stays: we stayed 4. Not like we spent that much time in the RV park with Glacier just down the road! Of course we paid all up front and decided to leave 1 day early to catch some of Idaho on our trip west. No refund on the last night: not even partial. Whatever. I understand that with such a short tourist season you've got to be a little tough to make any money. I get the impression that most of the private parks around Glacier get by on a pretty tight margin. My advice: this is a fine place to stay for a short term. Prices and facilities are competitive with others. But if you can do it, try to stay inside the park and rough it some! And by all means go to Glacier, get out of your vehicle and hike! You'll make lifetime memories! We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Travel Trailer.

noelani8686

We stayed a couple weeks here and loved it. The new owners are nice and helpful and are making improvements all the time. The spaces are narrow and some require experience and skill parking a trailer. We have a 34' fifth wheel and my husband got us backed in after a few tries. We could put our awning out half way and had plenty of room for chairs and stuff outside our RV. Our sewer connection was a little uphill but we had no trouble propping up the hoses and dumping and such. It all depends on the size of your unit, the site you get, and your trailer parking experience. The resort is tucked into the side of a hill so everything is on a hill. We loved the trees and rustic feel. I could hear cars on the road sometimes but couldn't see it from our RV due to all the trees. Our young kids had a blast here and we felt safe to let them freely play in 90% of the resort. The hiking trials are nice; you don't have to drive any where to get exercise and fresh air each day. We will return for sure! We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

zolt

The camp personnel were very friendly, but the sites were extremely narrow, and we had to be careful as we came out of the trailer the slope was right in front. The picnic table was found near the front of the trailer right beside the next trailers window. We were not allowed to use our Bar-B-Que, and the one located in front of the picnic table was very small, and could not be moved. We would not stay there again. The sites way too small! We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Dan and Susan Thorstad

The campground was in a nice location and newer, but we couldn't understand why it was empty. We soon found out. There was a serious lack of width space. My steps folded out into a bush on a downslope. The sewer point was uphill, so I ended up using the site's next to mine. There were so many rules and listed fines for violations that we were afraid to do anything. The first two adults are included in the rate, so I ended up paying extra for my two teenagers (children weren't free!). I highly recommend driving down the road a little further. We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Travel Trailer.

tbg

Narrow and sites not level. This place was on a hill. We had no place to set our chairs outside due to sites being so narrow. This park was advertised in Military Living Camping and Outdoor Recreation Guide. We are prior military and feel this park is unrepresentative of the high military standards that we are used to. We asked why they were listed in the Military Recreation Vehicle, Camping and Outdoor Recreation Book and were told that they used to have three military trailers there. Their lodge may be OK but the sites were awful. They did give us a ten percent discount but it was not worth it. There is a nice park about 50 feet down the road that is much better and rates are about the same. I contacted the military personnel regarding this park being listed as a military park. All they did, was ask for suggestions to list other parks. Would never stay here again. We camped at Timber Wolf Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Timber Wolf Resort?