Edgewater Inn and RV Park

Malta, Montana

47176 US-2
Malta, Montana 59538

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?

Ask fellow campers about "Edgewater Inn and RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $48.00

Very disappointed. For what here at you get rate is $10-15 to high. They have 7 pull through sites and 6-8 back ins. Sites are so close together that we would almost hit the neighbor's slide outs with ours. The picnic table had broken seat boards. Dogs running loose and the owners did not pick up their mess. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Good for an overnight stay. Sites located behind the motel so no road noises. Large shade trees between sites. Only 1 other RV parked for the night. Laundry was clean and all machines in good working order. Train track was very close but no horns sounded so we slept good. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gas station located right across the street and the town of Malta just a few blocks away.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $32.00

The hook ups are all placed well. Sites are mostly level. We did have to level front to back so had to unhook. We do not have slides, so sites were not too narrow for us.

I can understand that many people would be turned off by the train noise, but I am a train enthusiast. (My grandparents lived in a 'train town' and I have fond memories of hearing the trains. There was a roundhouse in their town so lots of activity day and night.) You mostly hear the trains here at the campground just passing through, even if the trains are very close to the campground. I saw both a passenger train go through as well as a few freight haulers. The whistle blows a distance from here so it is not disturbing.

All in all: I enjoyed my camping here. Even though I did not use the baths/showers, I did check them out and they seemed very clean. I definitely would have used them if I was not self contained.

The staff was very welcoming and I enjoyed talking with them - GO VIKINGS. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Perfect for the train enthusiast!

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

Extremely friendly and helpful people! Large sites with easy hookup. Like most RV Parks in this part of the country the sites were gravel but there was a very nice grass area at south side of park. The site was very level and required almost no leveling! Train track is close by which my wife loved and when I fell asleep I never heard it. Due to high wind my large awning was messed up and the owner got a ladder and fixed it for this old man at no charge! We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

SE Corner unknown no

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

great bar and restaurant at the golf course @ 1 mile S of town with good food and reasonable prices.

Featured Campgrounds Near Edgewater Inn and RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $34.00

We stayed here one night on our way through Montana to Glacier National Park. $34 is a bit pricey for a spot behind the motel, but it does have full hookups. The person at the front desk was very careful to caution me about the train bridge next to campsites and the 6:00 siren every night. If you want to use the pool it's an extra $3. The sites are very narrow, but shady and we took one of the six pull-throughs available to avoid unhooking the car. It was adequate for our needs but I would not look forward to spending more than a night here. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $38.00

More than overnighting would be too much. The train runs through the night. What makes it so loud is that it's crossing a bridge adjacent to the camp. Good power, good Wi-Fi, good cable. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $28.00

If you are sensitive to noise, don't stay here. Between the trains (which do indeed shake your rig, if you're in one of the sites that back up to the river) and the semi's that idle near the motel, it's loud. However, if you can sleep through anything, it's not a bad place to spend the night. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $32.00

This park is adequate as long as you get one of the pull-thru, full hook-ups with cable. It has little to offer other than a place to spend the night while traveling on US 2 across northern MT. The bath/laundry facility was small, dated, and a bit dirty. Next time I'll try one of the parks in Havre or Glasgow. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $30.00

Very expensive for what is basically a vacant lot under a railroad trestle. Did I mention the mosquitoes? Great honking hoards of bloodsuckers breeding like mad in the Milk River (hence the name "Edgewater"), a sluggish brown slough that meanders through the town of Malta. My legs were covered within ten seconds of exiting the vehicle. My wife kept them off while I made the hookups. The cable connection's threads were stripped, which made for much merriment. During the five seconds it took us to re-enter the motorhome, at least 20 made it inside, making life unpleasant at 2:00 a.m. when the two we didn't find earlier came a-calling. The evening's entertainment was made complete by the freight trains that came barreling across the trestle at all hours. Despite the other comment, our motorhome did indeed shake, and the noise was deafening. All in all, a most unpleasant stay, and we would not camp there again. On the plus side, the dinosaur museum in Malta, Montana, is tops. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $35.00

Full hookups with cable was nice. The spots are too narrow and to make it even more difficult to get into your compartments, there are rail fences on both sides of the site. Frequent trains right at the campground - stones throw from your campsite. Expensive for what it is. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $29.00

If you love trains, you'll love this place!! It's behind a motel, right on Hwy 2, about 200 yards from a r/r trestle. Not quite close enough to shake the motorhome, but close enough that you definitely hear them!! Wi-fi works great--best of the year so far! Front desk people very friendly. Don't plan to getting a satellite signal for your TV, but a few sites have cable. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $26.00

Nice for the area. Frequent trains run just 200 feet away. Strong, free wi-fi and cable TV. Long, shady sites behind the motel. Clean and safe feeling here. Indoor heated pool. We camped at Edgewater Inn and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Edgewater Inn and RV Park

Are you affiliated with Edgewater Inn and RV Park ?