Red Lodge KOA

Red Lodge, Montana

7464 Highway 212
Red Lodge, Montana 59068

Ask fellow campers about "Red Lodge KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $44.00

Pros: The week end after the 4th of July, I made reservations 2 weeks earlier and was fortunate I could get in. (I tried another RV park first which I preferred, but they were booked.) When I arrived they assigned me to a site that was too short for my RV and toad and only had 30 amp. I noticed that the site next to it was longer and had 50 amp which I had asked for. They switched me with someone that had been assigned to it which turned out to be a 20' trailer that only required 30 amp so it worked for both of us.

Cons: Poor placement of RVs for fitting sites, but they were at least accommodating. When I went to turn on the water, it sprayed all over from the packing not on the hose bib. I went to the office and told the staff member (after she was done texting). I offered to put my y-splitter on the next unoccupied site hose connection, and get out my longer hose to hook us up. Unfortunately when I opened the valve, it also sprayed out the packing nut on the hose bib. Both of them had been tighten as far as was possible, so the person that pulled in later, and I both filled our tanks, shut the valves and used our pumps. I also told the maintenance man about the problem but it was never fixed before I left.

Did I mention there was no sewer at my site. The voltage dropped below 108 and my EMS cut us off to protect our electrical system. It came back up to 109 so we were able to use only one air conditioner again. The next day when many pulled out, the voltage came up to 117. I believe their wiring is old and undersized for the amount of RVs connected. The wifi worked intermittently.

We were not here for the RV park, but to drive and admire the beautiful views of the Beartooth Hwy. We were not disappointed . We spent 3days driving and viewing the scenery. It was magnificent. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

Went to see the pig races 6 miles out of Red Lodge, along with a old deserted coal mine closed after a big disaster that killed many men. Both were unique in their own way.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $37.00

Unkept campground with dirt roads, and mostly dirt campsite. Standard KOA amenities, pool, playground and bike rental for the kids. WiFi was weak and poor Verizon wireless connection. Campsite was 75 yards from US 212, lots of road noise. New section is further back, but has no trees. Close to neighbors and the firepit was located to close to the RV to use. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

RV 12

Nearby, Very Close

Red Lodge is an interesting town that attracts a lot of bikers. Bear Tooth scenic drive is a must up to Yellowstone NP.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $60.00

Excellent park. Level site. Good hookups. Facilities very clean and modern. Needs some grounds keeping. Four miles to town. Would stay here again. Good pool for kids but we didn't have any. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Don't miss the pig races at Bearcreek Steakhouse. Great food at Carbon County Steakhouse, Bogarts and other Eric small lunch spots. Nice grocery store and hardware in town.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

This park is a KOA journey, an overnighter. It was in need of a lot of house cleaning. Grass needed cutting and just general cleaning up. The front pull thru sights were very close. As others have said not much to chose from in the area. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Red Lodge KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $73.00

Stayed here to tour beartooths. They at first put us at a small site, then moved us to a patio site, it of course cost more. Ground not very level, patio was very nice, had a nice fire ring and a very comfortable table and chairs. The campground itself really has nothing to offer. Grounds keeper was running a lawnmower for quite awhile kicking up dust around dinner time. We went into town. very small store with no groceries. Would probably not stay here again. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

Have dinner at Carbon County Steakhouse. EVERYTHING was absolutely delicious

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

Nice quiet park. Some shade at some locations. Creek and river access. Nice pool. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Town of Red Lodge very interesting

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $41.00

We chose Red Lodge for our stay because we wanted to tour Beartooth Highway on our way to Yellowstone NP. This KOA is about your only choice if you want or need sewer hookup. Our impression of the park may be tainted by the fact that it was Memorial Day weekend and very crowded. Check-in experience was good, but I think the park is over-priced for what you get. The park is on level terrain with some hardwood shade, gravel roads with pot-holes, sites gravel. Our site level. No cable but was able to pick up CBS out of Billings (good HD). 50 amp electric good, septic good, Wi-Fi excellent. Water was another story. Our connection had a defective faucet caused by cross-threading; impossible to make a leak-free connection even with staff help. Rather than replace the faucet, their decision was to just live with the small geyser (for our 3 night stay). This was a very messy solution; our street-side neighbors really appreciated that! I later found out that the three or four sites in our area all have the same problem. It was reported at the end of last camping season, but management has chosen not to deal with it. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

Avoid sites 11 - 14; all have water connection problems. Fire ring at site 12 inaccessible.

Beartooth Highway is one of America's must-see adventures. 72 miles to over the top of the world to the northeast entrance of Yellowstone NP. Chief Joseph byway also a wonderful scenic route.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $38.00

Rude owners who were very unfriendly. Our site didn't have hookups even though I booked a site with hookups. We could not connect to the internet at all. The bathrooms were very far from our site and the area to them was not well lit. The pool was tiny. The drive over Beartooth Highway was amazing but there is not much to Red Lodge. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $38.00

We stayed here two nights. We wanted to visit the town of Red Lodge and ride on the Beartooth Highway. It is a must-see! The highway is AWESOME and unbelievable! Red Lodge is a fun town with lots to see and Cooke City is a good stop for lunch on the Beartooth before you turn around to drive back. The site we had was up front near the office. It was OK, but we would ask to be put in the back section next time where there is more grass and space. The staff is friendly and helpful. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $45.00

Easy check in. Very good 50 amp, water pressure, and WI-Fi. No problems with septic hookups. Very quiet this time of year, but some traffic in and out for one nighters. About 4 miles on the Billings side of Red Lodge, which is a really nice little town. Pool looked clean. Really needs some sprucing up. It is run down to the point we didn't even want to sit outside. Gravel and dead grass. Park is run by nice work-campers. Owners live on site, but must not be real interested, although there is some evidence of a few recent improvements. No views from lower campground area. Had to laugh at local publication touting the park being surrounded by mountains etc...don't expect scenic wonder here. I would not hesitate to overnight there again, but would perhaps consider another campground in the area. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $45.00

Close to the spectacular Beartooth Highway into Yellowstone. Sufficient facilities. Large site, but no shade. Nice swimming pool. Barely useful WiFi. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $38.00

Campground needs "refurbishing". Getting old. Our site was out in the open. One of two stools in men's room was slow to flush, though they did have a plunger handy. Sewage dump "bubbled" out the top and would have overflowed if I hadn't shut off my drain. Staff was friendly. 4 miles north of Red Lodge. There is a dump site at the visitor center in Red Lodge. Stayed here due to family reunion. Will not stay there again. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $35.00

We stayed overnight on our way to Yellowstone. We had a full hook up site with 50 amp electric. Everything worked well. The staff was friendly and the campground clean. The little town of Red Lodge was enjoyable to visit. This place met our needs and we were very satisfied. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

sse

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $60.00

Under relatively newer ownership. This is a quiet campground with wonderful hosts. I'm excited to see what this campground can become. We stayed here versus West Yellowstone because it tends to be 10-15 degrees warmer in Red Lodge than West Yellowstone. And that really matters in June. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $36.00

We stayed two nights in a 35' RV and not our first time. Our site was not level, but had blocking for this purpose. It took 3" to level. We were located on back side of park. Our site had only power (50amp) and water. The owner is slowly improving campground. Sites have not been touched in numerous years. Some KOA's are spending lots of money to upgrade and some are not. They currently only have one site with a patio. We will come back again. We camped at Red Lodge KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Red Lodge KOA

Are you affiliated with Red Lodge KOA ?