Sula Country Store & Resort

Sula, Montana

Recent Rate: $24 9/2014

big greg

Very nice small park. Gravel roads and sites with some large pine trees at the rear. Our rooftop dish worked in site 1 and the 50 amp power, water, and sewer worked fine. Friends in site 3 had to move as their EMS showed bad power at that site and would not allow AC power to their RV. We planned for 1 night but enjoyed the peace, scenery, birds and fishing. 2 members of our group fished and caught a few in the stream. We had a good breakfast at the store's restaurant and went to Big Hole Nat'l Battlefield. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

wow

It's an OK park for an overnighter, or an end of day situation. If heading north I'd try a park nearer one of the towns in that area. If heading south and it's not too late in the day I'd go closer to Salmon, ID. The trip over the pass (7000 ft) is slow and very curvy and tho only 50 miles to Salmon, it will take about 1 1/2 hours. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Motorhome.

IllinoisFlatlander

I would rate this RV park as average. Roads and sites were gravel, but my site was level. I noticed some that appeared not. It is a nice stop over, but I wouldn't want to be on an extended stay here. The folks managing the park are very nice, friendly folks There is a restaurant taht opens for coffee at 0630 and serves breakfast at 0700. My breakfast was very good. It is not your typical sit down restaurant. You self serve your coffee, and order breakfast or lunch from a counter. Your food is then brought to your table. There is a store located in the same building with some of the necessities. I didn't look closely because I didn't need anything. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Travel Trailer.

grossd

We stayed at Sula Country Store on the way back home from a 10 day trip to Colorado and Wyoming. I stayed here before in 2009, enjoyed it, and wanted to try again. This is a smallish campground. There are a handful of pull-through sites, back-in sites and cabins (the campground is a former KOA). There is a fish pond for the kids, though it seems to attract mosquitoes. I unchecked "waterfront" from the review. Although the Bitterroot River is on the other side of a berm from the campground, there is heavy brush so access to the river is not great. The sites are shaded and a decent size. Bathrooms and showers were clean. They are secured by a punch lock with 4 numbered buttons. We arrived after hours and got the combination from a neighbor. If calling ahead, make sure you get the combination from the ladies who run the campground. There is a restaurant in the well-stocked store that serves excellent breakfasts, and lunch as well. All in all, a very nice campground for an overnight or extended stay. (When we were here in September 2009, a couple in a 5th Wheel had been there for several weeks fishing the Bitterroot.) I'd definitely stay here again. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Travel Trailer.

JustMyPersonalExperience

This is a quiet, comfortable campground with clean facilities. You are somewhat isolated in a beautiful mountain area. You can sit here and enjoy the beauty and peaceful surroundings while camping which is a AAA+ for me. A great camping place. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Tent Trailer.

russally

I don't think I'd want to be here during high season as I picture it full of families, kids, and pets, as it should be. But since it was May, we had the park pretty much to ourselves this trip and it was nice. Would stay here again. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Motorhome.

juholla

We arrived around 9 pm and we couldn't find adequate instructions on how to check in. Found out there was an open spot from a fellow traveler who mentioned that he already "bothered" the host in the unmarked residence beside the store. We decided to see them in the morning. They had a nice fishing pond for kids and river a few steps away. Great looking store and restaurant. I would definitely recommend this park to my friends. Overall very happy with this park. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Meanderman

This is a nice little campground in the tall pines at the South end of the Bitterroot Valley. Nothing fancy, only one 50A site but otherwise full (30A) hookups, right next to the East Fork of the Bitterrot River. No Verizon cell or AirCard service, and no TV or cable. Finding a hole in the trees for a satellite is also a challenge. There is a nice little store with an excellent cafe for breakfast or lunch Wed-Sun. This is a great spot for a nice quiet evening with the smell of woodsmoke and pines. We'll stay here again. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Motorhome.

RVer from Oregon

This is a very nice little campground surrounded from big hills, a river and a pond. It has 7 pull-through sites (full hookup) and 12 back ins (w & e). All sites are levelled. Only one site has 50 amp, the others have 30 amp. You can stand under big trees that bring shade. There is a nice store and restaurant. Although the campground is on Highway 93, it is very quiet. There are also several cabins. We camped at Sula Country Store & Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sula Country Store & Resort?