Campfire Lodge and Resort

155 Campfire Ln
West Yellowstone, Montana 59758

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Campfire Lodge and Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $37.00

I guess that we've gotten spoiled by Wi-Fi and 30 amp service. We found the sites really tight, even for our skinny rig. They were also close together. The campground is in the national forest so you get that rustic feel although a highway to Yellowstone runs behind it. Washrooms were clean and showers were free. Cash only. We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $35.00

We love this place and will be back in 2014. Beautiful setting. Tricky to get into site because of the trees. We would much rather have the trees than the paved parking lot sites that man RV parks have. Owners very nice. Can't wait it get back. Looks like 2014 rates have increased to $40. We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $22.00

I have stayed here for the last three years. I find the CG clean and quite. The staff very friendly and helpful. I find that the prices in the Cafe' are consistent with other are eatery's in the area. The food is good and you get a Montana size order for your money. I recommend this CG for someone who are looking for a rustic CG without the noise and clutter of a more modern facility. We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $32.00

The Campfire Lodge Resort is ideally situated on the Madison River. If you fly fish, it's apparently one of the places to be. The camp office includes fly fishing supplies, which I am unqualified to comment on since I don't fish at all. The office includes a cafe which serves a great breakfast if you are prepared to wait. Go with friends or fellow campers and chat among yourselves. The breakfast is worth the wait. Other campers did not come to dinner every night, but they were certainly friendly enough. We were cautioned the balance of our payment would be due in cash upon arrival. We also noted there is an ATM at the office. It sounds like these issues are being addressed by the new owners. We checked in and they pointed us in the direction of our site. We were at the far end of the camp sites and my wife maneuvered our 35 ft motorhome through the camp with no problem. I noted other reviewers (with travel trailers) found this "challenging". I watched an Itasca pull out of a tight spot and go all the way around the camp, slowly and cautiously, unscathed and with no apparent problems. On the way out my wife made a wrong turn toward some sites along the river edge and still got out OK without having to back up or make other corrections other than to go slow and easy. In short, the roads through the camp are navigable. As we surveyed our site, someone from the office came up to make sure we got settled in OK. So we did have help. I could not find the full hookups. The electricity was on a tree! That's the way they are. It was a 110 VAC outlet so I had to use an adapter for our 30 amp connector. I had one and by the time I was ready the camp staffer rolled up with an adapter in case we needed it. The hookup was on the right side when we backed into the site so I needed a 50 ft extension cable to reach. Water was nearby on a standpipe, also on the wrong side, requiring a 50 ft hose. The sewer was immediately adjacent to our utility cabinet so an easy stretch. However, a previous camper had apparently run over it on the way out and crushed the pipe, which fell into the sewer. The new owner saw it and had it repaired within 24 hours. I photographed it! The "repair" consisted of a new pipe held in place by softball-sized rocks that were held in place by expanding insulation foam! It wasn't pretty but it certainly worked well. It was as good as any sewer hookup we've had. I turned on one air conditioner as we were setting up and blew the fuse within five minutes. Our adjacent neighbor came over and explained he was on the same circuit. He is a seasonal camper & said we would be unable to run the air conditioners because the camp electric could not support it! We ran a fan without blowing anything. On our last night there, we lost power twice during the night but only briefly. Hookups are one of the challenges the new owners need to address. Electric is obvious. I would recommend they pour some concrete around the sewer hookups to harden them against damage from large RVs. There was a very large wooden deck at our site. Several sites in the camp have these. They were apparently constructed by prior campers who kept sites for the entire season. The deck at our site was under our awning when we backed in. Our steps extended right onto the deck. It was ideal. There was a field of wildflowers behind us with mountains beyond that. The river was about 75 yards in front of us. We could hear it from our spot. We could not have been more pleased with the location. I scouted sites for our return. If we are unable to get the same spot next year, there are several sites with riverfront access I have noted as alternates. Cabin Creek and the Madison River bound the camp on two sides. There are plenty of waterfront sites and those that are not are nice shaded sites. The sites along the Madison reminded us of a campsite we used in Bavaria when we were a lot younger ! There are horseshoe pits and volleyball nets near the camp office/entrance. There's no cable TV, Internet access or even satellite radio reception. I guess the adjacent mountains are high enough to inhibit signals. I did see satellite TV dishes out. I've rated it 9 out of 10 because we felt the hookups need work. We are planning to return next year with our son who is a fisherman. We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Campfire Lodge and Resort

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $36.00

Where to start? My husband and I stayed three nights in this campground in August of 2009. The campground was easy to find because it is right off the highway and did provide nice shady spots. We paid for the first night as a deposit and were told the rest of the payment would be due when we first arrived which we were perfectly okay with. However, what we weren't told prior to our arrival was the remainder of the payment had to be made in cash which was nearly $80. The campground was actually very small and between trees and power lines, it was difficult to maneuver into our spot. Unlike previous campgrounds we had been to, no one offered to help us find or get settled into our spot. Our first night there, we decided to laundry and the laundry facilities were clean and operational. However, as soon as we put our clothes in the dryer, the entire campground lost power and didn't get it back for three hours. When we said we had just put our money in the dryer, the lady in the office shrugged us off and just said we'd have to pay to start it again. The views of the river were nice but you had to walk to them and the office was very full every morning of campers and fly fishers coming in for breakfast. We did not eat at the cafe due to the prices. We were yelled at by another camper when we were dumping the tank for shower water because he thought we were dumping our sewer water when that was not allowed. Other fellow campers at this site were also not particularly friendly. I would not stay at this campground again or recommend it to others. We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $32.00

This is a very old and rustic campground. The location offsets most negatives for me. The new owners (for two seasons) have improved on customer relations. I will return. We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $36.00

We could not fit into the site with our 31 foot 5th. We were asked if we had a water faucet splitter so that we could share the faucet with our neighbor. The plug for our electrical hookup was on a tree. It was a household plug. We were told it was actually 30 amps but we had better be careful because it was very easy to blow the fuses and put everyone out of power. The sewer hookup had an old rug over it and was covered with ants. Needless to say the owners would not give us our deposit back. To call this an RV park is a farce. Beautiful location but a horrible campground!!! We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $30.00

Camped four nights on the Madison River between Hebgan Dam and Quake Lake. The owner is one stand up guy, very helpful. There is a very good cafe which they serve a Mountain-sized breakfast. The showers and rest rooms were very clean. They also have cabins for rent. This is a very rustic campground which has been in operation since 1949. We camped at Campfire Lodge and Resort in a Truck Camper.

Featured Campgrounds Near Campfire Lodge and Resort

Are you affiliated with Campfire Lodge and Resort ?