8.9 Excellent

Robidoux RV Park

Gering, Nebraska

585 Five Rocks Rd
Gering, Nebraska 69341

Ask fellow campers about "Robidoux RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $27.00

We'll gladly stay here again. City-owned. Bluffs visible from park. Very nice staff. Beautiful park, manicured lawns, no trash. Generous spacing between spots, although the pads might be considered just wide enough for a motor home. We were pulling a 20 foot trailer, so we took up all but about 3 feet of the pull-through space (total length RV + trailer = 55'). On slight upslope, so guide to left edge of concrete pad to minimize height of last step to ground (several inches from pad top to ground. All the sites we saw had metal picnic tables on a separate concrete pad. Cable TV instructions say 20 amp circuit has to be on for about 20 minutes for cable to work. If staying Oct-Mar, check to see if you can hook up to water. We weren't told, so our late arrival meant no water. They were telling people not to hook up to water hydrants after 8:00 because of possible freezes. Water hydrants are not wrapped with heat tape. When I mentioned that unexpected surprise, the park staffer tried to give us back half of what we'd paid because she felt bad for our inconvenience. That's integrity! We didn't use their cable service this trip, but it's available (costs $3 per night) and is a bit convoluted. Have to get a remote from the office and follow their checklist. Interior roads are a bit narrow but in very good shape. Most open space I've seen for dog walking in an RV park. We offloaded our car from our trailer, but had to park alongside the trailer on the grass to be safely off the park road. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Restaurants: 1. 64 Steel. Great food. Had steak nachos appetizer (share with 6 hungry people). Large platter stacked 6 inches high. 2. Log Cabin. Half mile from RV park, small town diner, really good food and service.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $22.00

Well maintained park with irrigated grass (warning - keep your tow vehicles windows closed!) and paved sites. The roads and the approaches to the site are tight, so I had to drive over the beautiful grass. Hopefully I didn't hit a sprinkler head. Quiet location for a town operated park. Good utilities. We didn't get a FHU site so we had to backtrack to the dump station - it was clean and built with a nice slant to help empty the tanks. Excellent transit stop, but we stayed for a couple of nights for site-seeing. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

ScottsBluff National Monument (drive to the top!), Oregon /Mormon /California /Pony Express Trails, Legacy of the Plains Museum and more...

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $27.00

City run park that is very clean and nicely laid out. Asphalt roads, concrete pads and patios. Park has wifi but I was unable to connect. Would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Scotts Bluff National Memorial

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $24.00

Sites vary a bit here but overall most are outstanding. We had a really, really nice long level pull thru with 50 amp FHU's and cable. The site had a large concrete pad area, an integrated concrete patio with a large aluminum picnic table. Great service. Lots of breathing room here. The cable lineup was better than average. The cable uses a separate remote available only during office hours or from the Host by prior arrangement. Hook the cable up as normal, the 20 amp breaker must be on. Use your own remote to turn TV on/off/sleep, to control the volume and to set it to channel 3. Then you use the office remote for changing stations. The only real downside besides needing two remotes is that you can only pick 1 station at a time. Plus, the remote provided is a real PIA changing stations. We found it easier to change stations on our smaller bedroom TV. We paid the weekly rate of $165 for our site. We would not hesitate to come again. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

The Union Bar & Grill has HH 2 - 6 with $2 22 oz domestics. Food specials vary, 50 cent wings, $1 burger night, $2 Sunday Bloody Marys, etc. A good local crowd. The Log Cabin also has good food.

Featured Campgrounds Near Robidoux RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $24.00

A Very Nice CG With Very Long Pull Throughs. Quiet, Clean & Organized. Most Sites are Pull Throughs with Concrete pads and patio with asphalt approach & departure. Others are the same except the approach & departures are gravel. Good separation between sites. Roads are asphalt. Staff is Great. Most Sites are open for Satellite reception. AT&T Cell was good an data was 5 bars of 4G. I believe this is either a County or City park. The rate is showed is for a weekly stay. My only complaint is the sprinklers water spot my motorhome & car. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

We've stayed at this park several times. The only negative factor about this park is the cable TV setup-it's complicated and sometimes doesn't work We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 9

Close to the Scotts Bluff, museum, stock car track, etc.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $33.00

Such a wonderful park! The sites are wide and easy to get in and out of. I was able to make a last minute reservation on the way home from Sturgis. The registration was easy and while we didn't have time to explore the area, it looks amazing. We would love to come back and stay for more time. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $24.00

This is a very nice city park in Gering. Sites are huge, some with shade. Both back-in and pull-thru. We were only here 1 night but really enjoyed it. The utilities worked well. We were in a w/e, pull-thru site. They do have cable available at some sites. WIFI is free as it is very iffy whether it works. It wasn't working while we were there. Scotts Bluff National Monument is very close and we enjoyed that. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Scotts Bluff National Monument

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $33.00

Nice little "out of the way" park. Lots of green grass and trees. Campgrounds were full. We got the last spot. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

The park was never built to accommodate the big rigs (45'). Our pull-through was long enough and wide enough not to be in our neighbors yard. However, pulling out of our sight onto the interior road was very difficult because the interior roads were VERY narrow. Really nice staff.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $27.00

Found this gem of a campground and we were delighted with our campsite. Plenty of space between campers, paved roads with concrete pads, full-hookups, pull through and back-ins. The grounds are landscaped and the grass is pretty and green. Super easy check-in and friendly staff. So glad we found this place. Very close to Scotts Bluff National Monument. Great place. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 4
Concrete, Asphalt, Grass

Scott's Bluff National Monument

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

My DH and I stayed in this RV park for a few days while visiting Svotts Bluff. Our site was concrete and level. The site had a concrete patio with a picnic table. It was also spacious. There a large fenced in park which our dog loved. We left him off leash when we were alone but made sure all the gates were closed. The showers were clean but the curtain of the curtained off dressing area was not wide enough to close all the way. The cable didn't work for us. We loved the view from our front window of Scott's Bluff. We would stay at this park again. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

The Legacy of the Plains museum is fantastic. Also visit the grave of Rebecca Winters. The view from the top of Scott's Bluff is breathtaking.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $30.00

If they would/could fix their reservation system this park would be a solid 9.5 in my opinion. Can't give them a 10 as they need to expand their streets/roads for rigs that are newer. The radius' need to be larger so you are not dropping off the pavement on their beautiful grounds. A word on their reservation system - they don't ask for a credit card so a lot of people book only to have others turned away because "supposedly" they are booked. I made a reservation for a FHU for 4 days. But was told they were booked. So I accepted the first 2 days of FHU with the understanding I would move to a water/electric site the final 2 days. I asked if there any cancellations could I then occupy a FHU site. Yes was the answer. The next day I was told that yes, someone had called and cancelled (I was left with the impression that people don't usually call they just don't show up). I then said can I stay in my site that I'm at? The answer was no, we are booked and that site was spoken for. So I moved 2 site away. The next day someone showed up to occupy my old site. At the time and the remainder of that day there were probably 6-8 FHU sites still available. The following day the trailer departed my original site and the site was unoccupied for the remainder of my stay. This may seem like sour grapes but it isn't. Just that they need to fix their system as I believe they are turning away people due to a poor system and could really maintain a much higher level of revenue for the city. My opinion only. The spaces in between sites was extremely generous and they were very level concrete pads in like new condition. I would definitely use the park again. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $28.00

Park like setting, spacious sites, flowers, shade trees, great views of the Scott's Bluff Monument, very reasonably priced. What else do you need? Everything worked excellent including WiFi. Ask about the cable TV if you have satellite. Cheaper price without using their cable. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt, Grass

You can't miss here... no tips needed.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $25.00

This is a very nice RV park operated by the city of Gering. The rate includes a 10% Good Sam discount. Site 39 has water and 50 amp electric hookups, but no sewer. The site was a spacious and long pull-thru site with an asphalt drive and a concrete pad. A wide grass area separates neighboring sites. We had good Verizon cell and internet reception and good DishTV satellite reception. Most sites have a view of Scotts Bluff National Monument. We would stay here again. We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Motorhome.

We enjoyed day trips to Fort Laramie National Historic Site and to Agate Fossil Beds National Monument.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $28.00

Sites are in a loop around a very spacious grassy play field. Interior roads are paved and site pads are concrete. Grounds are very well maintained. Sites are nicely spaced and flower/foilage plantings at most. My only reason for an 8 instead of 9 or 10 is the tiny shower stalls. The office staff also asked if I wanted a pull-in site for my travel trailer?? We camped at Robidoux RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Scotts Bluff National Monument, Chimney Rock are good for Oregon Trail enthusiasts. National Agate and Fossil Monument was also a good stop. Nearby in Alliance is Carhenge and worth a stop.

Featured Campgrounds Near Robidoux RV Park

Are you affiliated with Robidoux RV Park ?