I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping)

North Platte, Nebraska

3800 Hadley Dr
North Platte, Nebraska 69101

Longitude: -100.71946

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $29.00

Quite a large park and the pond is nice. It was quiet and peaceful during our one night stay. Shade is variable, we had it and were glad we did. Bath house is OK but beginning to show some age. Easy access from I-80 but road noise was minimal. Some leveling required. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

If you like railroads the Golden Spike Tower is very interesting.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $30.00

This is a little closer to the interstate than we like, but we got a pull-thru site on the side of the campground furthest from the interstate, so inside the RV, the noise didn't bother us. It has nice clean showers, just a little aged. There are plenty of sites. We just stayed one night, passing through. Our dish TV worked fine, our Sprint phones worked fine with mobile data. The sites all seemed reasonably level. There is a dog park, and plenty of interior roads to walk your dog. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $20.00

The park is good for a one night stay. The cost of a night is $24.00 for a water and electric site with a $12.00 discount for Passport America. Then the hidden charges begin: $2 for a premium length site; $3 for 50 amp service both of which were added in after the discount was taken. Beware when staying here; ask questions! Our total after taxes was $20.38. Our parking surface was weeds, dirt and some gravel. The park is under new ownership and no longer gives an Escapees 50% discount. The water and electric hookups were adequate. We probably would not return here again. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

Right off of I-80, this older park has seen it's better days. The park does have fishing on private 10 acre pond along with kayaking. The office is opened from until 9pm and the staff is very friendly. They did lead us to our site. It is big rig friendly and easy to maneuver. The roads and sites are dirt with some gravel. It rained while we were there and it did become muddy. My pad was unlevel side to side and front to back. There is also little space between sites and your picnic table is next to your neighbor's sewer hose. There is no dog park or walk. There is little shade, and you can easily hear the interstate when outside your RV. The bathrooms are very rundown, dark, and smell of mold. It is was alright for an overnight stay, but not someplace I would stay for more than a night. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Fifth Wheel.

F

Flying J and Loves nearby.

Featured Campgrounds Near I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping)

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Keep in mind it's a desert like setting. Open spaces. Plenty of room. Small lake. River. Hot. Sunny. Don't expect shade. But clean and friendly with basic amenities. It's a great overnight stop to be sure. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

There are basic amenities readily accessible. This isn't a destination but a good place when traveling I-80. Easy on and off access

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $34.00

First Impression: From the highway, CG seems spacious, medium sized, attractive. Safety: no concerns - peaceful. Access: Exit 179 from I-80, north about 500', turn right. Very easy to find, GPS took us right in. Park access road in "ok" condition, adequate signage. Office: Friendly Ma-and-Pa owners; token store with snacks, a few RV equipment items, a lot of fishing gear. Facilities: No pool, spa, rec room, or fitness room. Small, aged laundry room. "Ok" restrooms/showers, aged but clean (score "B"). No propane sales. Small playground. Pretty lake has boats and kayaks to rent. On-leash dog run. Campground: In a flood plain. Roads are dirt/gravel with gentle turns and no overhead obstacles. Sites are all tight, slide-to-slide, both back-in and pull-through. Tent area but no yurts. One cabin/lodge. Sites are dirt/grass, adequately level, grass/weeds between. Utilities are closer to the rear of sites with FHU-20/30/50. Strong water pressure with good taste. Threaded sewer pipe heights range from ground level to about 5" above ground level. No patios; good picnic tables. Open fires not permitted. Good satellite views. No cable TV. OTA TV found 12 channels. No Wi-Fi. Verizon phone at 5-bars; 4G at 5-bars. Distant railroad, no aircraft, interstate noise noticeable but acceptable. No recycle bins. Bug Report: Fire ant mounds all over the place. Runners: CG roads marginal for running. Yoga: Not recommended. Conclusion: Okay for a stop-over. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Fifth Wheel.

C
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

North Platte, NE, has Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks, Perkins, various fast food restaurants. Numerous local restaurants. Landromat next to the Wal-Mart. Sinclair diesel at $2.339. Banks and credit unions. No RV stores. O'Reillys, Autozone. VA health facility in Grand Island (1¾ hour drive, east). Disc golf at Cody Park "Flight of 9".

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $27.00

Everything was clean but the restrooms are old and could use some updating. The showers were very large. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

North Platte is only 2 miles away and has many stores and restaurants. There is a very good museum about the WWII Canteen that took care of the solders traveling west on their way to the war. They have a very nice lake with catch and release as well as kayak rental. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $20.00

The office isn't open yet because they are on winter rates still. The park is nice, it's clean and quiet. It seems there are a few permanent residents but no junk piled up around RVs, the lake is pretty. We will stay here again on our way to our Daughters in Iowa We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

We did not disconnect we stayed for 2 nights to rest up after going through Vail Pass in a storm

KKL

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $30.00

Very convenient to I-80. The roads are all dirt. The sites are grass (so to speak). It was barren and open. There were some trees around the lake and perimeter of the camp. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Dirt roads sparce grass sites. Very convenient to I-80

wow

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $26.00

They have a fishing lake on the premises that according to pictures turns out some very nice crappie. Weather when I was there was extremely hot and humid. Was signed up for 4 nites and when I said I was leaving because of the heat, they gave me credit for 2 nites. Sites are grass, very long but not real wide. Included a picnic table. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

Buffalo Cody Museum, historical museum, interesting agricultural area.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $15.00

We liked this park and would stay there for several days. We were just passing through this trip. Staff were nice and very helpful. The park was clean and well maintained with new dirt fill in the roads. The park has new owners. It is located right off the interstate, so there is some noise, but it did not bother us. We had a large pull thru, 50 amp FHU with the PA rate. Site was flat. Good Verizon and Direct TV. We will stay here again. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

There is lots to do in the area.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $20.00

The ground was soft from earlier flooding. We had trouble leveling the trailer because the blocks kept sinking. It was a hot day and the park had power issues...low voltage (100v) that kept tripping my surge protector. Later in the evening when he weather cooled down, the voltage got up to as high as 112. Half the sites had no power. It wasn't the worst place we've been, but we won't be back. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $22.00

No frills basic park. Easy in/out off highway. Electric and sewer were fine but water pressure was extremely low. Our site was level although muddy from days of rain. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bathroom was clean but not heated so was not good when used in the cold morning. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $22.00

I guess it's what to expect from a PA park. Pretty much a field with hook ups. Lots of goat heads. No cable, no Wifi. People in office could take it or leave it. They do take you to your spot. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $22.00

Rate is with Escapees 50% discount. This is a basic overnight RV park near I-80. Discounted rate justifies a stay here. It did have a laundry facility that met our needs. Would stay here again for a discounted, overnight place to park. We camped at I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping)

Are you affiliated with I-80 Lakeside Campground (formerly Lakeside Camping) ?