Silver City RV Resort

Minden, Nevada

3165 US Hwy 395
Minden, Nevada 89423

• Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?
  • WiFi WiFi ?

Ask fellow campers about "Silver City RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $56.00

After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit nervous about staying there. I chose to try it anyway and I'm glad I did. The staff and the manager were wonderful and accommodating! They were eager to help and please. The site was long and wide, which I needed as I'm 43ft and towing. The downside is that the sites are all large coarse gravel which is difficult to walk on and hurt our dogs' feet. As a dog lover, we were happy to find two small enclosures to let them off leash, but they are bare bones with no grass and one had a lot of the coarse gravel. It worked, but not like most of the other dog parks we've been to. The park is situated VERY close to South Carson City with just about every store, restaurant and more you would need. We stayed a week and would gladly come back... I just wish the new owners would get rid of the coarse gravel! We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $50.00

Have stayed here several times, mostly as an overnight stop in the spring heading north and in the fall heading south. Facilities have never been special and may have deteriorated a little in recent years. Parking is on concrete drive-through strips, otherwise the surface in the park is gravel. Most sites have some broken or spalled concrete, and the asphalt in the roads needs some maintenance badly. All utilities are at the back end of the site close to the road. That makes for a very long sewer hookup. Able to avoid using sewer here for one night stay. Attractions for us have been diesel pumps where we could fuel with the trailer attached, some long, flat sites where we could stay hooked up, and a reasonable price. It has always had highway noise, no ambience, and no good place to exercise a large dog (yellow lab). Most of their business appears to be monthly residents. As others have noted recently the fuel station is gone and the prices are quite a bit higher under the new owner. I think the office staff is getting weary of questions about the fuel and the cost. The guys who led us to the site were friendly. For highway travelers this was a mediocre facility that has gone downhill. The new owners' business plan isn't aimed at customers like us. We won't stay there again. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

We only disconnected truck long enough to go elsewhere for fuel. In the past we have stopped at Costco here and have eaten at Olive Garden.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $58.00

Things that have changed since last visit (1) no gas pumps (2) no discounts on price (3) no cable without a $75 deposit). (4) serious increase in price. Will be going into town and stay at a park there from now on. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $43.00

The park refused to honor its website advertised rates. Three weeks later they still have not changed their website, it still advertises rates they will not honor. An email to the new owner was answered with essentially, if you didn't like the price when you checked in you should have left. The park was obviously very nice at one time, but is in desperate need of major maintenance. On the positive side the staff, office, store and restrooms were nice, but I will never again stay here again. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Silver City RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Prior reviews fairly accurate. Things you should know: New management with price increases. Heavy road noise if near front of park. Broken concrete strips for your tires, remainder of site is medium size rocks where debris from prior campers remain. Narrow internal roads that can create challenging exits for larger rigs depending on what is parked across from you. Exercise equipment is old and tired. Bathrooms appeared clean. General store has the basics. Convenient access to 395, though exiting Southbound can take patience. Average size sites, but doubt one would want to hang outside on rock lot. Aluminum picnic table on site. Sewer hose extension most likely necessary, 20' total of hose should suffice most. Dog run relatively small, but is used. Not sure if better options exist in the area, but if we stayed here again, would require a site far away from Hwy 395. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Hwy 50 to Lake Tahoe an easy 30 minute drive, good road. Sunridge golf course is closeby and using Golfnow provided cheap rates (back nine has great views).

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $50.00

The office staff was very nice on the phone when I called for my reservation. After telling them 3 times how long my truck/trailer combo was, they assured me there would be no problem. After all, they advertise 70' pull thru sites. The advertised rate on their website is $39.95 - it's now gone up $10. I was told it was because of new owners. At less than 60' total, I had to disconnect my tow vehicle. The site was so short that my truck stuck out in the roadway so no one else could have gotten by. Also, the sewer connection is at the very back of the site. At this time (April, 2018) the fuel station at the front of the property is not open and has been dismantled with a chain link fence surrounding what used to be. The interior roads are narrow and the sites are straight in, not at an angle. Makes it very hard for a longer rig to navigate. Because of the large chain link area at the front, be sure to survey how you are going to exit when you leave. I will certainly find a different park if ever in the area. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

Most of the 200 advertised sites are fulltimers but are separated from the transient sites. They were clean and well kept though so did not look trashy. The park is under new ownership effective March 1, 2018 and the website does NOT reflect what is available. Formerly a Passport and Good Sam park, no discounts are offered. The gas and diesel pumps were being removed while we were there which made it a little tricky to exit the park. The park map they hand out also has the GS logo and the office hours listed there are not accurate. The convenience store and activity room are not available after the office closes at 6:00. When you take over a business, it seems all that should be in place or at least noted on the website that changes are coming. I wonder about those people who made reservations prior to the sale whether the discounts were honored after March 1. There was some confusion at check in whether we had paid for the site and it took 3 employees to figure it out. The gentleman who escorted us to the site was extremely helpful in explaining where the various facilities were which no one in the office had done. He also checked with us the next day to see how things were going. Otherwise the sites were large with plenty of room to park our truck next to our rig. The rig sat on concrete steps while the rest of the site was gravel. OTA was great but the wifi was not consistent. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Walmart and several other stores within 2 miles. We ate at the Chinese buffet near Walmart. Excellent selection to include sushi and stir fry. Easy day trips to Lake Tahoe and Virginia City.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $23.00

This park has over 200 sites and a few tent sites. You register at the gas station/general store - which has all your basics. So pulling in is easy and the roads in the park are also easy to navigate. Check in was fast and friendly. Even though the park is on Hwy 395 there is very little road noise. The sites are all gravel and level. We were in site 114, pull-thru with full hook-ups - no problems with the hookups, and plenty long enough for our 37' Class A, tow dolly and parking the car. A little wider than normal. There are two dog parks, one small and one medium size. They have a catch and release pond with some golf holes around it. There is a rec room, pool and laundry room, all of which are clean. We stayed October 8-12, 2017 and paid $23.71 a night with our Passport America discount. WiFi was okay, Verizon signal good. You are not far from Lake Tahoe and Carson City. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $22.00

I only use this park when Passport America is excepted which is late in the fall, otherwise I keep driving. This park has basically become a work camp for people in the area: a lot of long-term, six months or longer. The place is completely full: almost impossible to get in there, but we did get in. We camped close to the road: if you've got any other options do it because it's very noisy.

The interior roads are very tight if you are pulling a trailer, which I was with my motorhome. Virtually impossible to navigate out of the spot without asking somebody to move. I don't really use this park for it's amenities. I use it merely as a convenience for doing what I like to do in the area so in that regard it worked out fine.

395 has become so busy you really have to be careful pulling out especially if you're going to be heading south. I don't know what can be done other than maybe a dummy Lane to ease into the traffic: something will have to be done eventually, very dangerous.

The sewer connection is pretty far in the back. We use a hose for gray water and then when we left, backed up made a dump and then left the park. I would have needed 30 foot of sewer hose to make the connection, but I'm set up for long-term camping so a gray water hose is not a problem for a few days. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Close between Carson City and Minden Nevada.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

One of the best things about this park, you can get your diesel fuel right here. The office is also a little convenient store which was very nice. Very friendly and helpful employees. Laundry and restrooms are very clean. Didn't use the WiFi but the cable situation is terrible. They have cable but you have to put a deposit on the cable box to get it and they don't have enough boxes for all the sites. Never got a cable box all week.

Dog park is more like a dog pen, very small. No grass anywhere. Sites are large stones with concrete under the tires only. Very narrow roads. Lots of permanent campers that need to clean up their sites. However the location of the park itself is great, easy from the highway. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $22.00

This campground tries hard to be labeled a "resort". It does have a covered pool and spa, a gym, a laundromat, two fishing logons, a grocery store and a fueling station. Where it falls short are the RV sites. The sites are long overdue for a complete overhaul. All of the sites had two crumbing concrete strips that your tires must be on. The rest of the site had large rocks with little or no grass. Navigating into your site and leaving was difficult due to the narrow roads. I would recommend you disconnect your tow before navigating into your site. Basically the sites look old and tired. I would guess that about 70 - 80 percent of the sites were being used by long term residents. Management should be monitoring the amount of "stuff" that is kept outside. The electrical box (20/30/50 amp) and the water spigot are located in the rear of the site. The sewer is even further back from the electrical box. Each site has a picnic table. I was never able to connect to their WiFi. Verizon air card and phone reception was good. There are two bathrooms with showers. They are kept very clean. The showers were tiled and appealing. There are two laundromats within the campground. There were spotless and uses a debit/credit card. There was road noise from US-395. The price reflects a Passport America discount. I would think twice before coming back if I could not get the Passport America rate. We have a 32 foot 5th wheel. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $16.00

This park is in a great location for viewing the majestic mountains in the area, and seeing the sunrise over the Sierras each morning was a treat. It's close enough to Tahoe and Carson. The pool is warm and, when it is working/open, the hot tub is large and comfortable. It's very nice that the pool and tub are covered, so you don't have to worry about sunburn. The highway noise is a bit of an inconvenience for light sleepers, but we got used to it. This park does have a bit of a "parking lot" feel, but again, the location is good. My only real complaint was that, while they do accept mail delivery in the office, which is open to the gas station customers, it wasn't reliable. I had several items of mail go missing, and I have no idea if it was stolen from the open mail area in the gas station, or if the post office didn't recognize the address. Either way, the mail never made it back to the senders and I never received it. So, if you are going to be here for long enough to receive mail, I would rent a mailbox at the UPS store, or get a PO box. Packages did arrive safely, and were held behind the counter in the gas station for pick-up. I've never had any mail go missing in 3 years of travel (we have a mail forwarding service out of SD, as we full-time) until we had it forwarded here. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

This is an "okay" park. Park is clean. There is nothing special about the spaces. They are broken-up concrete pads with large rocks gravel. No grass at all. Basically a large gravel parking lot with concrete tire paths. Zero shade either. Hook-ups worked well. Laundry is spotless! One of the nicest I've seen. Staff members were friendly and helpful. WiFi was horrible! We had a few RVs in our party and no one was able to get on the Internet with the WiFi. We all tried many times and were able to get connected to their network, but never were able to access the Internet. Spoke to other campers and they all had the same experience. This resort claims to be "pet friendly." That is the furthest from the truth! There are a very few areas in the park where there is grass or vegetation. Every single one of the is clearly marked NO PETS! They direct you to their "dog park", which is a complete joke. They are two 12' x 12' fenced in dirt patches. That is not a "dog park," that's two dog kennels. Your pet either has to do it's business on the rocks in your site or in a smelly dirt patch where hundreds of other dogs have done it. Fortunately we learned the adjacent lot is open BLM land. We took our dog out there for exercise and potty business. I would not recommend this RV park if you have pets. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Good points: Fuel station on property. Close to shopping; Walmart, Home Depot, Target, Trader Joe's, PetSmart, Petco & several restaurants, chains and local. Beautiful view of snow capped mountains. Nice pool outside & under cover. Nice laundromat. Hookups conveniently placed. Site level. Nice picnic table. Almost all sites satellite friendly. Bad points: Infrastructure does not support electrical demand. Unable to run both air conditioners. Yes, it was hot (mid 90s), but it is Nevada. That is not unusual for the summer months. We were basically limited to 30 amps while paying for 50. We had to run our generator in late afternoon instead of the electric. When we asked in the office when we first encountered the problem they denied there was a problem and said it must be our RV. Only when neighbors noticed when someone came out to our site to look at the electric and said they also could run only one air conditioner or run their generators did the office personnel admit their infrastructure couldn't support a nearly full park on a hot day. We were then told the park was being sold and it was hoped the new owners would update it. Also, there are a lot of grassy areas in the park but pets are not allowed on any of them. The park boasts of its "dog parks". They are dirt enclosures, no mulch or pine needles or wood chips. You are charged an extra fee for having pets. Cable apparently requires a $75 refundable fee for a box. Not sure how you would return it if you left early before the office opened. We didn't use it. Wi-Fi only works in the office/ lobby. We would not stay here again. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

We recommend China Jade Horse for lunch. Reasonable prices and good food. In shopping center by In & Out Burgers.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $36.00

Very friendly staff at check-in and they escort you to your site. Sewer is at the rear of the pull-through so we had to disconnect the toad and back the coach up a bit to reach the sewer. Lots of space to park the tow at the rear of the site and the car up front next to the coach. Pretty full park since it's close to Lake Tahoe. Lots of trash barrels conveniently located and extra spaces for trailers. Close to 395 so you do get some road noise. Full service fuel & market on site. Two roads nearby to cross the pass to Lake Tahoe....one to South Tahoe & one to north Tahoe....about 25 minutes drive. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Emerald Bay at sunrise, Sand Harbor for sunset. Nice railroad museum in Carson City. Amazing mountain views in all directions.

Featured Campgrounds Near Silver City RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Silver City RV Resort ?