Silver City RV Resort

Minden, Nevada

3165 US Hwy 395
Minden, Nevada 89423

• Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?
  • WiFi WiFi ?

Ask fellow campers about "Silver City RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $56.00

After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit nervous about staying there. I chose to try it anyway and I'm glad I did. The staff and the manager were wonderful and accommodating! They were eager to help and please. The site was long and wide, which I needed as I'm 43ft and towing. The downside is that the sites are all large coarse gravel which is difficult to walk on and hurt our dogs' feet. As a dog lover, we were happy to find two small enclosures to let them off leash, but they are bare bones with no grass and one had a lot of the coarse gravel. It worked, but not like most of the other dog parks we've been to. The park is situated VERY close to South Carson City with just about every store, restaurant and more you would need. We stayed a week and would gladly come back... I just wish the new owners would get rid of the coarse gravel! We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $22.00

I only use this park when Passport America is excepted which is late in the fall, otherwise I keep driving. This park has basically become a work camp for people in the area: a lot of long-term, six months or longer. The place is completely full: almost impossible to get in there, but we did get in. We camped close to the road: if you've got any other options do it because it's very noisy.

The interior roads are very tight if you are pulling a trailer, which I was with my motorhome. Virtually impossible to navigate out of the spot without asking somebody to move. I don't really use this park for it's amenities. I use it merely as a convenience for doing what I like to do in the area so in that regard it worked out fine.

395 has become so busy you really have to be careful pulling out especially if you're going to be heading south. I don't know what can be done other than maybe a dummy Lane to ease into the traffic: something will have to be done eventually, very dangerous.

The sewer connection is pretty far in the back. We use a hose for gray water and then when we left, backed up made a dump and then left the park. I would have needed 30 foot of sewer hose to make the connection, but I'm set up for long-term camping so a gray water hose is not a problem for a few days. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Close between Carson City and Minden Nevada.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $22.00

This campground tries hard to be labeled a "resort". It does have a covered pool and spa, a gym, a laundromat, two fishing logons, a grocery store and a fueling station. Where it falls short are the RV sites. The sites are long overdue for a complete overhaul. All of the sites had two crumbing concrete strips that your tires must be on. The rest of the site had large rocks with little or no grass. Navigating into your site and leaving was difficult due to the narrow roads. I would recommend you disconnect your tow before navigating into your site. Basically the sites look old and tired. I would guess that about 70 - 80 percent of the sites were being used by long term residents. Management should be monitoring the amount of "stuff" that is kept outside. The electrical box (20/30/50 amp) and the water spigot are located in the rear of the site. The sewer is even further back from the electrical box. Each site has a picnic table. I was never able to connect to their WiFi. Verizon air card and phone reception was good. There are two bathrooms with showers. They are kept very clean. The showers were tiled and appealing. There are two laundromats within the campground. There were spotless and uses a debit/credit card. There was road noise from US-395. The price reflects a Passport America discount. I would think twice before coming back if I could not get the Passport America rate. We have a 32 foot 5th wheel. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $16.00

This park is in a great location for viewing the majestic mountains in the area, and seeing the sunrise over the Sierras each morning was a treat. It's close enough to Tahoe and Carson. The pool is warm and, when it is working/open, the hot tub is large and comfortable. It's very nice that the pool and tub are covered, so you don't have to worry about sunburn. The highway noise is a bit of an inconvenience for light sleepers, but we got used to it. This park does have a bit of a "parking lot" feel, but again, the location is good. My only real complaint was that, while they do accept mail delivery in the office, which is open to the gas station customers, it wasn't reliable. I had several items of mail go missing, and I have no idea if it was stolen from the open mail area in the gas station, or if the post office didn't recognize the address. Either way, the mail never made it back to the senders and I never received it. So, if you are going to be here for long enough to receive mail, I would rent a mailbox at the UPS store, or get a PO box. Packages did arrive safely, and were held behind the counter in the gas station for pick-up. I've never had any mail go missing in 3 years of travel (we have a mail forwarding service out of SD, as we full-time) until we had it forwarded here. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Silver City RV Resort

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

Others say it very well. Our semi concrete pad was broken up as well and roads are narrow getting in and all of the site. Fuel was very fair priced but store was very expensive ($2.50 for a one liter of soda / pop as example). Needs owner maintenance as rules for resident site maintenance. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $37.00

Sites are cement for the wheels of your RV, which are pretty level. Surrounded by gravel which works although not very appealing. Lots of full timers, with weeds growing up through the tongues of their trailers and all through the sight. Obviously site maintenance is minimal. Pool area is under a cover with lots of birds / nests to help keep the pool water questionable. Dog pens are dirt and big enough for your dog to relieve itself but not large enough for play time. There is fuel on site as well as a small store. Check in was very efficient and you are led to your sight by an employee. With some additional park maintenance and some expansion of dog parks, this could be a nice destination park. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Lots of things to do in the Carson valley, approx 35 miles from Reno and 20 miles to Lake Tahoe.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

This place is outside of town which we liked and had a monthly rate available.

Pros -

Clean showers, clean pool, clean laundry area, weight room small but clean and it's nice that they have one. Easy check-in, easy set up; it's quiet other then highway noise. They let us have our dirtbikes here and they have long stays available

Cons-

Not really kid friendly. The play area is very small, the basketball court is set up east and west so the sun is in your eyes making it hard to use. They posted a law (that could not be found as a State law) not allowing kids under 12 to sit with you at all in the hot tub even if you are with them. There's no shower to wash the chlorine from the pool off and the fishing pond is not in service.

Close to highway so there's a lot of noise there but that should be expected. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Close to Carson City and Lake Tahoe

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

We stayed here for a few nights, in a 36' 5th wheel. Sites are all gravel, with paved strips, to pull up on, with a lot of broken concrete. Sites were spacious. No shade. They have a great pool, covered and heated with an awesome hot tub, HOWEVER, we were there for two nights, and in the middle of the summer, they decide to empty the pool, and it wasn't available for 24 hours on a 100 degree weather day. I complained to staff, and they said they empty the pool in the beginning, middle and end of summer. I suggested that they do it when pool is out of use hours, then ready it for the next day, but they did it in the middle of the day, when it was HOT! There is a lot to see/do in the area. Lake Tahoe is 30+ minutes drive. There is a great cutting horse training center across the street that was fun to watch. Gas station right on the property. The family used the gym, and although small, suited our workout. Showers are large and clean, a little outdated. There were a lot of permanent residents here, some kept their sites clean, some didn't. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Pavers

There wasn't room for tow truck to park, so we had to park it in the site next to picnic table.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

We recently stayed here for a night on our way to Yosemite National Park.

Very pleased with the park, easy to make reservations, received an email confirmation.

Park was easy to find, check-in was flawless. We needed a long space, as we didn't want to unhook for the night; and they gave us the perfect place. Site was fairly level.

They told us in advance we may hear some road noise, as it was close to the highway. It didn't seem very noisy at all.

While we were there, we took advantage of the swimming pool, very enjoyable way to cool off on a hot summer day.

The electric service worked fine; since we were only there for a night we didn't use the sewer or water or wi-fi.

Interior roads were easy to navigate.

A plus is that they have a gas station on-site, which made it easy for us to fill up the next morning.

Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

Sites had concrete pads for wheel tracks & most needed repair. The pool & spa are under a roof but were disgustingly dirty. Water was brackish, birds love the rafters of the roof, ergo digested meals end up all over the furniture and ground, and there were small water beetles swimming laps in the pool. Other than those negatives, on site there are a gas station, small store, a fishing pond, and propane sales. Pleasant staff. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $32.00

We stayed here a little over a week. Got a spot right near the "road" that turned out to be a noisy highway so they were kind enough to move us farther away. Phew...much quieter. Easy to get to shopping. Bathrooms were great. WiFi kicked in and out. Lots of permanents with only a few that were untidy. Nice office staff. Real windy while we were there but no fault of management. Spaces were roomy enough between rigs. Good dog parks. We parked our car trailer right next to the motorhome...worked out fine. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Walmart and all other shops are about 2 miles away...convenient. Propane on-site as is a gas station.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $36.00

This park is clean and neat with paved pads, picnic table and clean gavel in the site. There seems to be lots to do in the park as well as in the area. We have stayed here a few times. The biggest draw backs the spotty WiFi and the cable that requires a control at the TV which is not practical for us the way our TV is mounted. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

Large park, mostly pull through. Cement path to park on. Most level. Pretty much a parking lot but nice for overnight. Pleasant folks. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $25.00

The staff is very friendly and professional and the park is clean. Although pets are allowed, it is not a very dog friendly CG. The dog park consists of two 10' x 10' fenced in spaces with no grass. There are 'No Dogs' signs anywhere there is grass throughout the park. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

SNL

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $26.00

Clean, well-maintained rv park. There was a cement slab with gravel all around. Sites were kind of narrow and neighbors were close. Roads in the park were wide and easy to maneuver. Verizon service was good. We were able to get satellite service. We would stay here again. We camped at Silver City RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Bodie State Park was a lot of fun. It was an old vacated mining town fro the late 1800's.

Featured Campgrounds Near Silver City RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Silver City RV Resort ?