Lakeside Casino & RV Park

Pahrump, Nevada

Pahrump, Nevada

Latitude: 36.131999892625
Longitude: -115.95820426941
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake
  • Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • Pond Pond yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $25.00

We've stayed here many times over the years and loved it but this time we're disappointed. The park is clearly not being maintained like it used to be. The trees need to be cut back as they're hanging down into the interior roads and sites. The staff while friendly at check in was annoyed when I went back in to ask for someone to come cut the trees back so I can get in the assigned site. She wrote down a half dozen site numbers and I was told to go pick out the site I want. One we were all set up everything went smooth. All told we will probably stay here again. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $27.00

It took me 3 days to get through to a live person to make a reservation. I left several messages after the Park voice mail said to leave a request for reservation & you would be called back. All of this even though the park was only half full. We stayed in this park 8 years ago & it was terrific. There are new owners & the park is not as nice. I barely had enough room to get my slides out due to a tree & bollard. It's still a great park with beautiful grounds. The lake has a lot of fish in it & I saw several bass being caught including a 4 pounder. I would definitely return. Amazingly for such a nice park, very few sites have tables. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $36.00

Third year in a row staying here while passing through Nevada. Biggest positive is shade as summers can get very hot in these parts. Utilities all worked well but for second straight visit we encountered bathroom issues. This time the women bathroom in our section was out-of-order making for a long walk to use facilities. You could also see small changes in park, like more weeds in the grass, and charges now for the onsite paddleboats which used to be free. Also seemed to be a bit more clutter around some of the long termers that stay here. Still a decent park but not what it was in the past. Would probably still stay here though as it is still a decent park. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

B38

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $39.00

Lakeside Casino Resort-Pahrump Rate shown $39 is what we were charged as Passport America 1/2 price rate on a Premium (medium$) site, over double what was expected. P.A. resort info does not state that reservations are required/preferred, however when we arrived we were told that since we didn't have a reservation and it was busy that that they could charge whatever they wanted and charged us $15 over the listed daily P.A. 1/2 price. This is a very nice park, restrooms are fine, the laundry old but clean. However along with the lovely pond comes a lot of birds. The geese are very aggressive so small children may have issues playing on the lawns and along with geese come fresh droppings...everywhere! There is no exercise room or many other amenities offered..guess they prefer you to spend time in their casino. The office staff are a real mix...one lady is super friendly and chatty but tends to make a lot of mistakes. The other is quite abrupt and rude. We definitely will not return nor do we recommend it. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

there's lots to see & do in the area. We took advantage of golfing online specials. Fuel prices are much cheaper downtown than at the station connected with this Resort. We chose not to spend a dime in their casino so can't review it but there are several other casinos in town. There's lots of shopping in town, a super WalMart and Albertsons

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $65.00

We have stayed here a number of times in our RV with friends. Those trips have always been pleasant. This trip was different. We checked in and opted to use a BOGO offer of pay one night get 2 free; the offer was listed on their site. Considering the recent rise in fees at this park, that was a good thing. Our friends checked in an hour later and were denied the use of the BOGO! While touting their 10-10-10 rating from Good Sam, they have let the park fall into disrepair. Facilities didn't seem as well kept, and exterior grounds included a lot of dead grass. Our departure was delayed because we lost all water pressure in the morning. My wife had to scramble out of an unfinished shower in the RV, and I had to deal with not being able to flush my sewer hoses or properly clean the RV. The office told us it was scheduled maintenance. No warnings were given. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Clarify any discounts when you book. Fees have risen above what we consider reasonable for the park and area. There was a sign in the office stating they no longer book site specific as they have up till now.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $25.00

Very nice park, clean, plenty of green space between sites. Lots of trees but many sites are satellite friendly. Nice walk around the lake but you need to watch out for the bird "offerings" on the cement. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $25.00

We've stayed here many times. The sites are situated around a pretty pond, there are shade trees everywhere, paddleboats, big swimming pool and walking paths. Security is good. Our only complaint is that the ducks are starting to take over and there is a lot of duck/goose poop around. Otherwise it is a wonderful relaxing, green oasis in the desert. Good idea to make reservations. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Excellent food at the Symphony restaurant at the winery in Pahrump. Very interesting Catholic Church and grounds south of town.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

A welcome oasis as temps outside were 105. Nicely shaded with mature trees. Park was maybe 2/3 full and had no issues with electric even though everyone was running air conditioners 24/7. Level paved sites with decent separation. Strong Verizon cell signal. Our site was towards the back of park away from the pool, playground, and lake thus a bit quieter. Check-in was a snap and office ladies very pleasant. Would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $19.00

Maybe I hit it at the wrong time but I tried calling to make a reservation on Friday for the coming Saturday and Sunday and called at 5:50pm and again at 6:30 and had to leave a message both times for them to call back.
They didn't. I called again 9;30am Saturday and the same scenario.

I arrived Saturday around 4:15pm and asked why they didn't return my phone calls and was told they close at 5:00pm on Friday. ( there phone message states they close at 7:00pm.) They still didn't call back on any of the 3 messages.

I was assigned a site which I did not like and they did let me move to a ( premium site at a little more which I was told I could pay the difference the next day. That was OK with me.
Although the premium site was not any different from the 2 next to it which were not premium.
It was a weekend and there were a lot of kids riding around and cutting through our site to get to the lake.

We even left after one night even though we paid for two.

They didn't open up until 9:00am so I called and left a message that if I could get a refund for the second night minus the extra cost for the first night that would be great.
Guess what...no return call.

When we checked in they did not mention any code for the wifi so I can't really comment on that.
They do have cable outlets but do not offer it.

I would not stay here again. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $26.00

We've camped here many times. It previously was a beautiful, well maintained park, but with new owners taking over out of bankruptcy, from a previous group they have not brought it back to its former class. The grass was dying (they claim that they are working to repair a broken sprinkler system, we'll see), the lake water level was down. Check-in was Slooooooooow. The clerks claimed it was a new reservation system, but I think it was more that the clerks weren't trained correctly, if at all. The associated Lakeside restaurant has been refurbished and modernized. The food was edible, but the chef won't win a James Beard award. Succinctly this park was not up to previous standards.... but, the presence of lake in the middle of the desert still makes it a good place to stop. In all fairness, the new owners need to spend significant funds to elevate it back to its original shape and this will take some time. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

site 7

We had our travel trailer washed by Scott's Mobile RV Wash while in the park. They did an excellent job. The extra money for cleaning the roof was worth it. They were on their hands and knees scrubbing the surface.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $21.00

Beautiful. Peaceful. Serene. Well-maintained. Lots of birds and waterfowl. Lots of greenery (in Nevada!!). Rate above reflects an average cost with Passport America. (Rates change based on site, weekend, etc). For the past 10 years we have arranged our North-South travel to pass through Pahrump, just to stay at this park, sometimes for up to 3 weeks! Why? Most sites are laid out at an angle, creating plenty of space between RV's. Lots of grass, sandy beach, a paved sidewalk around the "lake", (man-made, fishing, but no swimming). Amenities include heated swimming pool and hot tub, kayaks, pedal boats, fishing, playground, nine hole frisbee golf, and horseshoes. Relax on the sandy beach, have a bonfire... Office Staff are FABULOUS. Highly recommend. Our favourite RV park. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

lakeside

PS. ... there are bunnies and jack rabbits in the empty desert across the road, in case your 4-legged friend would love some quality sniffing and/or exercise. Our dog ADORES arriving in Pahrump!!

It's a fair distance to town but cycling is easy with no hills in Pahrump, just the wind.

Terrific golf course at Mountain Falls or, have fun at the small Executive course in town.

Have lunch and a tour at the "cathouse" at the end of Homestead.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $24.00

This is one of the best parks I have stayed in. The spaces are cement with a pad. Grass all around the site, trees are well groomed! The lake is stocked has paddle boats and kayaks. The office staff is not so nice and never seem to know what's going on or willing to answer questions. I must say the park is great and makes up for the office staff! We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $27.00

Been coming to the park for 5 years and agree its been a downhill slide since Terribles sold out. Check in staff had their usual "Grumpy Cat" faces on and were clueless. Park is the best in town ( not saying much for the others ). Paved roads, concrete pads with patio and lots of space, lots of trees and easy in and out. Security is extreme on weekends, got a dog warning while wife was hand holding dog (not on leash) while backing into site. Water does go out for 8-10 hours on days when they water the grass, seems with the drought they empty the well. Lake is nice to look at and walk your dog around, but green and muddy with trash, No Swimming (wouldn't want to ), lots of folks fishing ( no catching ). Talking with locals there is going to be a 33% rate increase as of November 1st. Wi-fi very spotty and poor. Would like to stay here again but will have to see what the rate goes to. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $20.00

Large fully landscaped concrete pads with attached concrete patio. Some sites had tables (ours did not). Fishing, pedal boats, frisbee golf and horseshoes. lagoon, sandy beach, fire pits and cabanas, heated pool and jacuzzi. WiFi was spotty. The lake is starting to get overgrown with weeds. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $28.00

This is one of those strange little campgrounds in the middle of nowhere. Don't get me wrong, the sites surrounding the man-made lake are nice and there is ample shade from the trees on site. But in all reality, there's nothing much to do here otherwise. No hiking trails, no bike paths, just a run down smoke-filled old casino with a few slot machines and a restaurant that has seen much better days. Wi-Fi is painfully slow and constantly disconnects, the sites are wired for cable TV but they no longer have cable service available. Certainly if you're planning a stay in Pahrump it's one of the nicer places in town but I wouldn't go out of my way to come here again. We camped at Lakeside Casino & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Lakeside Casino & RV Park ?