Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

2500 2nd St
Reno, Nevada 89595

• Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Cable or Satellite TV Hookup Cable or Satellite TV Hookup ?
  • Golfing Golfing yes
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

This is got to be the worst casino park I have been to. Will say the power and water is good. Sites are far from level. This park for the price needs lots of work. Speed bumps all over the roads. You can not get anyone at the park to answer or call you back on the phone. Just a rundown park. Will not stay here again. Lots are not long enough. I have a 38' with tow and barely fit. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

Construction around the pool area made getting into and out of the park difficult. Getting a bit dated but clean and well maintained. Watch for the 100 PSI water pressure if you don't have a regulater in your system. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Make the long loop around the Casino to get in and out of the park while the construction is going on. If you get on 580 north and don't want to go east or west on I80 get ready to cross 6 lanes of traffic to stay north on 580/395.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

For Reno it wasn't bad. Safer than most places. Some large pot holes, noise from airport but with AC running not too bad. No one to enforce the rules but that seems pretty typical of most rv parks. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

Read other reviews. Cable locks 5/8"cut on neighbors bikes. Transients walk through day and night. Scary. Park was empty when we arrived then filled up for a convention. We saw multiple cable locks on neighbors furniture. Casino was clean. Pool great with new improvements coming. Cafe restaurant amazing and reasonable...other restaurants pricey. Deli bakery awesome! Laundry room clean. Great location for downtown but is super filthy. We were here for Reno Aces baseball. Park is clean. Just beware and keep stuff inside...maybe steel locks?Very sophisticated thieves. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

407 pullthru

Avoid downtown with children. Very sad homeless population on the streets. Town filthy. We walked down to Circus Circus which was amazingly nicer than Vegas! Clean. We ate twice at Cal Neva...food great for a budget...older casino. We parked their for free for ballpark. Get a players card to ensure free parking on nights with fireworks.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

Let's start with the cost - $45 is average as Fri & Sat were $50 and Thu and Sun were $40 - for a pull thru 30 amp FHU site. Be sure to factor in the taxes and fee - my window tag said a $18 "resort" fee and a $2 "tourism" fee would be added daily - though my receipt showed a 13% tax added on to the $40 or $50 so THAT might be something. The "resort"name comes from the Casino/Hotel (and all that it offers) but DOES NOT apply to the RV Park. I had plenty of space between myself and my two neighbors - however my curbside neighbor and HIS curbside neighbor had NO room at all and his awning would have touched the other's slide. The RV park is a glorified parking lot - the 50 amp sites were paved the others were gravel. Roads were all paved but had be weathered and were quite rough in spots. A few trees scattered around - sites had no table, patio or fire pit/ring. A significant problem arose when the row I was in lost power mid to late afternoon 4 separate times on 3 days of my stay. I fired up my generator and used it for a few hours before even checking to see if power had returned. One day I decided "heck with it" and walked to casino and finished watching the baseball game on the TV in the kid's arcade area - then went and played the slots for an hour. At check in about 1 PM the staff member couldn't get the computer working to print my door tag - and said he wasn't sure my site had been vacated as hadn't "done the check yet". Awful pricey for what I got. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

To be honest I didn't do much more than shop and visited the casino briefly

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here in a 40 foot 3 slide motorhome. The park is an old KOA park. The interior roads are all asphalt just a bare bones park next to the casino. Power was good, water pressure was high and had a warning to use pressure regulator. S short walk and you were alongside the river that flows past. Even tho in the city it was relatively free from street noise.There was a pass card to use the Casino pool. Wifi was ok, but slowed down in the evening. The park was convenient for anywhere in the Reno area. would stay again. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Staff sent me first to a spot that was occupied. After that, they sent me to a different spot which was fine, just the whole thing added time. I'm glad I didn't arrive just before closing. They gave a military discount (10%) which I appreciate. They have changed their procedure and now, when you want to go to the casino, you have to wait at the laundry room for the GSR pickup car. Once an hour on the 1/2 hour. And while I'm sitting there, the guy drives up, goes right by and doesn't even slow down! Waving at him did no good. Had to call the dispatch to get him to come back. But overall, not a bad park. The Wifi was much better this time compared to 3 years ago when I stayed for a couple months. I'd say it's more than adequate now. I did try to use the bathrooms but twice I needed assistance with the card to get inside. They just do not work well. Same as 3 years ago. If it wasn't for the kindness of strangers, I'd still be trying to get inside. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

I'd recommend the place for a night or two, especially for the nice buffet they have, but don't bother to gamble, they've really tightened things up so there are hardly any winners. AND, what use to be $5 BJ tables are now $10 per hand and up.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $31.00

We stayed for 9 days. This park isn't a resort in my opinion. All I can say is it will do. Lots to see in Reno. The Park is in need of cleaning up. The roads were pretty bad, Lots of big holes. But, it was all we could find at the time. Lots of construction workers staying in the park. Our site was on the end and I liked it. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

It's Reno, lots of fun things to do. I liked the big outlet store. Lets say we did some major shopping while we were there. Some pretty good buffets if you like buffets. The Grand Sierra was very good. I also won a few dollars in the casino.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $30.00

Park is big rig friendly. We made reservations at the last minute and arrived after the office had closed. There was a map on the door with our site number. There are two sections to this park. One is closer to the hotel and the roads in that section are a little better than the back section. The roads in the back section are not in good shape and have a lot of potholes. Our particular site was not level and we had to use blocks. It was a pull-through, but we had to unhook the car so that we wouldn't be in the roadway. Sites are close together. We had a 30 amp site and the services worked as expected. Verizon data and cell worked well. There are a number of permanent residents in the park, some sites looked nicer than others. We probably would not stay again. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $3.00

Pull through is wide enough to park my tow vehicle, paved,level,quit well maintained. The attendant in the office is very good with the costumers. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The Harrier auto museum, Old town Reno and a visit to Virginia city,

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $47.00

Typical casino RV park. Cement pads, landscaping, and short riverwalk nearby. The hotel/casino has shopping, pool, & restaurants. There were many homeless encampments along the river within 50 yards of the park, and we were cautioned to keep our belongings locked up. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Check out the go-karts and golf driving range at the Grand Sierra.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $56.00

The park was convenient to town but needs updating. Most sites have a black top pad and adequate width between sites for a tow vehicle. Some sites are a little short. Very few trees which you would expect in Nevada. Staff told us they would be updating next year. I would recommend a sound wall along the busy street and a cabana and picnic table for each site. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots to do in Reno!

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

First off we had to wait about 20 min for the office to open as he was the only one working and it was his supper break- it was ok though. nice RV park, lots of campers there. They have shuttles available but we walked to the casino after getting set up. Ate supper at Johnny Rockets (will do a review) EXCELLENT food! I played video poker for a couple of hours and actually cashed out $320. (made $200.00) I have gotten all kinds of offers for free hotel rooms since we have been home but we are too far away. The campground was good, don't know if there were showers or bathrooms because we did not need them. Would stay here again.

They had very nice sites for big rigs, they cost a bit more. Ours was smaller but was good. We were close to the casino. Walked across the parking lot and we were there. I would stay here again, if in the area. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nice casino Johnny Rocket's was fantastic.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $48.00

One of the things you have to remember is the price is based on Hot August nights. All the RV parks raise the rates to the events that come to town; this is where they make their money. This park is an old park that basically has Band-Aids holding it together. It would not surprise me to see it disappear, but during events it is fully packed. By the way, we had a back-in 30 amp so we are even more restricted during hot weather. It does get very trying. This time we only had the park's power trip three times on one particular day. Other than that it seemed to be steady. We did have the park's sewer back up at our site, which created a interesting scenario at about 10:30 in the evening, sewage everywhere. The park had to come the next morning with a commercial snake to get it unplugged. I had already bought the bleach to clean the area up even though it was no fault of mine. Convenience definitely has its price and this is just an example when you're in Reno for what you will pay to accommodate your particular interest. The laundry room is very clean. The park overall is clean but when completely full it does get tested by the amount of people that utilize the park. We will continue to use this park when they have a event. We were already forewarned that rates were going to go up next year for this event so we shall see. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

If your diet can handle it you must go to the old Nugget downtown and try the Awful Awful burger!!! It puts the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas to shame, LOL. My wife and I split it and then we're good for a year.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $30.00

We were here for a week at a submarine veterans convention. TV on the antenna and wifi were good. Very high water pressure so use a reducer. We had a gravel pull through that was ok. 30 amp service was spotty and one night it kept on going out. The park attendant was useless in getting help so I had to call reservations to get maintenance out here. The problem is the park was built in 1979 when RV's didn't need higher amperage. With hot weather and larger RV's, 30 amps just can't cut it. I've been told management is aware of the problem but refuses to do anything about it. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Walmart is very close by.

Are you affiliated with Grand Sierra Resort RV Park ?