Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

Reno, Nevada

2500 2nd St
Reno, Nevada 89595

• Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?
  • Casino Casino yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Grand Sierra Resort RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

There is always one person the gives a lousy review. We are not that type! We made a reservation for a pull through site. OK so far, so good. Got to the office and were assigned a site, OK so far so good. The site however was full of weeds, rocks and trash. The roads are full of potholes, a little hard to get to the site. Got hooked up to the 30 amps, then found out there is no water ... The manager "THINKS" the water main is shut off ...??? Really? We have been here for approximately 6 hours ... still no water. The WiFi is in and out, mostly out. For the price we are paying, this should be the first class resort that it use to be. The resort has really gone down hill. We have stayed here many times before, but this will be our last visit. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $50.00

This resort was full of pleasant surprises. The staff were very friendly; it was quieter than expected, even though it is close to the airport; the nearby aqua golf driving range was fun. However, the biggest surprise was having access to all of the hotel's awesome amenities, including the liveliest pool you'll probably ever see, the business centre, the bars, shops, restaurants, fitness center and movie theatre. We're not gamblers, so we didn't go to the casino, but there are many other things to do at the hotel. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Check out the hotel. They give you access to everything.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $60.00

The casino is what makes this rv park worth staying at. The restaurants are some of the best we have been to. Sites are a good size. But it is nothing special. Asphalt on the roads is completely breaking down and the potholes are huge. Can't say anything about the bathrooms as I was never even offered a card pass for it. Was taken back by the large population of homeless in the area. There is a beautiful new pool which is set up for the twenty somethings, bands, bar etc. Did not meet anyone in the rv park even interested in using it, most sited the walk to it as the deterrent. The office staff is friendly but scattered. Hotel doesn't think having the rv office open past five is important. At the time of our visit in May the hotels intentions were to charge "resort fees" of 15.00 per day on top of the daily rate. That means we won't be going back. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

By office

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $22.00

We paid $22 but price is normally $35 and up. Spaces are wide, but not long enough for toad. No cable. WiFi was terrible. This was winter pricing. In June I believe they go up. Nothing special about this park in my opinion. Very nice hotel resort but they don't seem to care much about the RV park. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $50.00

Close to the airport so you will likely hear landing and takeoff into the early night. But I love planes so it was great. Nice space to put a 26 ft trailer and pickup beside it in back-in space. Was easy to find and get into. Close to the casino. Wish they provided rides between the park and the casino. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $36.00

The RV park itself isn't a "resort" by any means. The sites are concrete and flat, but no tables or fire pits. There is a little store (staff is VERY friendly and helpful) and a communal fire pit, the restrooms are clean and there is a laundry room, but that's about it as far as in-the-park amenities. There are also 30- and 50-amp service, strong wifi, but no cable tv. Location: The bad. The park is VERY close to the airport and the sound of planes landing and taking off is nearly continuous. Location: The good. The park is adjacent to the Grand Sierra Resort hotel and casino and as a tenant in the park, the resort amenities are available. Just a short walk away, you'll find the hotel's heated pool, jacuzzi, and many conversational gas-fire pits. There's also an aqua-golf facility on the lake next to the casino, which looks like lots of fun. The park is next to the Truckee River and a nice walking path meanders along the river. The casino is small, but well maintained and the staff are very friendly. The restaurants are quite good and reasonably priced. The GSR Club card provides immediate discounts and perks. The fitness facility is open to RVers and the day spa is very nice. All in all, the park itself is low on amenities but the casino has them all and it's a 3-minute walk away. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

I got kind of tricked on this deal, thought I had a comp night for staying here which I have used in the past only to get there and find out that it had expired, so rather than leave we stayed, their prices are pricey for this time of year. This campground we use for Hot August nights and we expect to pay high prices and we do and we usually don't stay here other than that time. But passing through I had to check some things out and anyway after pulling in and receiving my bill I was quite shocked . I have said it before and I'll say it again they basically just Band-Aid problems in the park till they become real issues and then they have to fix them. The park is pretty rundown, at least for the price that you are paying, but you do have access to all the casino pool, spa etc. All utilities work fine, no complaints there. Spots are long enough for a motorhome and tow vehicle attached, but they are getting a little out of alignment on the prices I think, especially for this late in the year. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

Construction around the pool area made getting into and out of the park difficult. Getting a bit dated but clean and well maintained. Watch for the 100 PSI water pressure if you don't have a regulater in your system. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Make the long loop around the Casino to get in and out of the park while the construction is going on. If you get on 580 north and don't want to go east or west on I80 get ready to cross 6 lanes of traffic to stay north on 580/395.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

This is got to be the worst casino park I have been to. Will say the power and water is good. Sites are far from level. This park for the price needs lots of work. Speed bumps all over the roads. You can not get anyone at the park to answer or call you back on the phone. Just a rundown park. Will not stay here again. Lots are not long enough. I have a 38' with tow and barely fit. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We always find this a convenient and clean place to stay and our time, last July, was no exception. Sites (especially pull-thru) are wide and long so we never feel like we are inches away from the next rig. Others have reported on the amenities at the hotel but I'll add two things. One is there is a large homeless population that lives on the river and some will occasionally wander or bike through the park. We had secured our bikes to the outside of the trailer but security warned us to keep a close eye on them and put everything (including outside chairs) out of sight when away for the day. Second, a heads up that we recently made reservations for late June, but just received an email saying that a $15 resort fee would now be added to the quoted rate due to the "upgrades" to the pool and other amenities. That will make our Friday night stay at least $75 before tax. A little high for an RV park, but we have no choice for that particular night. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here in a 40 foot 3 slide motorhome. The park is an old KOA park. The interior roads are all asphalt just a bare bones park next to the casino. Power was good, water pressure was high and had a warning to use pressure regulator. S short walk and you were alongside the river that flows past. Even tho in the city it was relatively free from street noise.There was a pass card to use the Casino pool. Wifi was ok, but slowed down in the evening. The park was convenient for anywhere in the Reno area. would stay again. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

Let's start with the cost - $45 is average as Fri & Sat were $50 and Thu and Sun were $40 - for a pull thru 30 amp FHU site. Be sure to factor in the taxes and fee - my window tag said a $18 "resort" fee and a $2 "tourism" fee would be added daily - though my receipt showed a 13% tax added on to the $40 or $50 so THAT might be something. The "resort"name comes from the Casino/Hotel (and all that it offers) but DOES NOT apply to the RV Park. I had plenty of space between myself and my two neighbors - however my curbside neighbor and HIS curbside neighbor had NO room at all and his awning would have touched the other's slide. The RV park is a glorified parking lot - the 50 amp sites were paved the others were gravel. Roads were all paved but had be weathered and were quite rough in spots. A few trees scattered around - sites had no table, patio or fire pit/ring. A significant problem arose when the row I was in lost power mid to late afternoon 4 separate times on 3 days of my stay. I fired up my generator and used it for a few hours before even checking to see if power had returned. One day I decided "heck with it" and walked to casino and finished watching the baseball game on the TV in the kid's arcade area - then went and played the slots for an hour. At check in about 1 PM the staff member couldn't get the computer working to print my door tag - and said he wasn't sure my site had been vacated as hadn't "done the check yet". Awful pricey for what I got. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

To be honest I didn't do much more than shop and visited the casino briefly

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

Read other reviews. Cable locks 5/8"cut on neighbors bikes. Transients walk through day and night. Scary. Park was empty when we arrived then filled up for a convention. We saw multiple cable locks on neighbors furniture. Casino was clean. Pool great with new improvements coming. Cafe restaurant amazing and reasonable...other restaurants pricey. Deli bakery awesome! Laundry room clean. Great location for downtown but is super filthy. We were here for Reno Aces baseball. Park is clean. Just beware and keep stuff inside...maybe steel locks?Very sophisticated thieves. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

407 pullthru

Avoid downtown with children. Very sad homeless population on the streets. Town filthy. We walked down to Circus Circus which was amazingly nicer than Vegas! Clean. We ate twice at Cal Neva...food great for a budget...older casino. We parked their for free for ballpark. Get a players card to ensure free parking on nights with fireworks.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

For Reno it wasn't bad. Safer than most places. Some large pot holes, noise from airport but with AC running not too bad. No one to enforce the rules but that seems pretty typical of most rv parks. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Staff sent me first to a spot that was occupied. After that, they sent me to a different spot which was fine, just the whole thing added time. I'm glad I didn't arrive just before closing. They gave a military discount (10%) which I appreciate. They have changed their procedure and now, when you want to go to the casino, you have to wait at the laundry room for the GSR pickup car. Once an hour on the 1/2 hour. And while I'm sitting there, the guy drives up, goes right by and doesn't even slow down! Waving at him did no good. Had to call the dispatch to get him to come back. But overall, not a bad park. The Wifi was much better this time compared to 3 years ago when I stayed for a couple months. I'd say it's more than adequate now. I did try to use the bathrooms but twice I needed assistance with the card to get inside. They just do not work well. Same as 3 years ago. If it wasn't for the kindness of strangers, I'd still be trying to get inside. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

I'd recommend the place for a night or two, especially for the nice buffet they have, but don't bother to gamble, they've really tightened things up so there are hardly any winners. AND, what use to be $5 BJ tables are now $10 per hand and up.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

Are you affiliated with Grand Sierra Resort RV Park ?