7 Good

Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

Reno, Nevada

2500 2nd St
Reno, Nevada 89595

• Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?
  • Casino Casino yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Grand Sierra Resort RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $100.00

Hard to find. Three others big rigs were carefully cruising the parking lots to find the entrance. Lots of construction. WiFi only works 2 rows out from the office. We are four rows out. Blacktop hasn't been sealed or repaired in years. Large store in area but, unless you want Jose Cuervo, Kaluha or monster drinks, no groceries. T-Shirts abound. The pavement is literally crumbling all around us. Hard on dog's feet I'm sure. Come in before five so you don't have to walk a half mile through the hotel/casino front desk. Ask for a site close to the office where WiFi works. We were her nine years ago and it hasn't been upgraded since. Never again. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $76.00

We have stayed here a number of times, It seems like they are cleaning it up, got rid of lots of POS rigs, they should! $60.00 + $16.00 resort fee... Spaces are big, power was good, it was super hot! It's good for a couple of days.... We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Enter via 2nd street, thats where the trucks enter.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $83.00

Don't really know where to start but I'll give it my best shot. From a business standpoint I get it when there's a special event in town Hot August nights etc. get every penny you can and believe me they do. From a camping standpoint this campground has run its course. The nightly cost with the good Sam discount and we spent eight days there we were at $83 a night(ridiculous) but they also add a resort fee which for eight days cost us $135 this is part of that $83 a night. I have made up my mind that unless I am here for a special event I will bypass Reno they do not need my money they got enough. The campground is in dire need of some TLC. They keep saying they're going to upgrade but the manager says don't count on it, the money gets spent before it ever dwindles down to the RV campground. We had a 30 amp pull-through. It was on a gravel rock base, somewhat dusty, but pulling a car trailer and being as long as we were it worked out fine. Here's a good one every spot out in the back lot. By the water and sewer dump around each site had a 4 x 8 patch of goat-head puncture vines. This is ridiculous; these are aggressive nuisance plants that get spread everywhere and your pets can't walk. it was a mess. I couldn't believe it. They should've been sprayed with some sort of weed spray and completely eliminated. There is just absolutely zero maintenance unless something breaks in the park. The only good things I can say is during Hot August Nights this campground is convenient to all the concerts going on and also a good place to be if you have a car, other than that go somewhere else. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Convenient to Reno

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $60.00

We booked this after reading mostly positive reviews. This was our most expensive booking for our 5 week trip ($60 plus a Resort Fee). It was a splurge that we were looking forward to. We arrived tired after driving in from Red Bluff, CA (lots of steep grades). When we arrived, it did not live up to any of our expectations. The park was mostly empty on a Sunday night, the asphalt was deteriorated and large potholes were difficult to avoid. Our space, extra long and 50 amp was full of weeds, as were all the others around us. A regular parking lot would have been nicer. The site was level and we didn't mind the airplane noise. The interior of the hotel was very nice and the hotel pool area was impressive, especially if you like a Spring Break type party atmosphere. Cracked asphalt with lots of weeds, and large potholes in the roads. The "RV Resort" is truly the ugly step-child that should only be booked at a deep deep discount until renovations and maintenance are performed. Otherwise, Stay Away! We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Costco and REI were less than 2 miles away.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Clean, gravel sites, both pull-through and back-in, 30-amp and 50-amp. GSR now adds a $15 "resort fee" which has moved the "value" from excellent to satisfactory for us, who typically stay here overnight and don't use any of the amenities. Free shuttle to the amenities if you do intend to use them. Water pressure is HIGH ... you MUST use a regulator or risk blowing-out your RV water system. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Of course, the GSR and casino has excellent restaurants and gambling including table games (which some Indian casinos do not). The casino has been recently remodeled, thus the increase fees at the RV park. Water pressure is HIGH ... use a regulator. Call for free shuttle to the casino.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

There is always one person the gives a lousy review. We are not that type! We made a reservation for a pull through site. OK so far, so good. Got to the office and were assigned a site, OK so far so good. The site however was full of weeds, rocks and trash. The roads are full of potholes, a little hard to get to the site. Got hooked up to the 30 amps, then found out there is no water ... The manager "THINKS" the water main is shut off ...??? Really? We have been here for approximately 6 hours ... still no water. The WiFi is in and out, mostly out. For the price we are paying, this should be the first class resort that it use to be. The resort has really gone down hill. We have stayed here many times before, but this will be our last visit. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $50.00

This resort was full of pleasant surprises. The staff were very friendly; it was quieter than expected, even though it is close to the airport; the nearby aqua golf driving range was fun. However, the biggest surprise was having access to all of the hotel's awesome amenities, including the liveliest pool you'll probably ever see, the business centre, the bars, shops, restaurants, fitness center and movie theatre. We're not gamblers, so we didn't go to the casino, but there are many other things to do at the hotel. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Check out the hotel. They give you access to everything.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $60.00

The casino is what makes this rv park worth staying at. The restaurants are some of the best we have been to. Sites are a good size. But it is nothing special. Asphalt on the roads is completely breaking down and the potholes are huge. Can't say anything about the bathrooms as I was never even offered a card pass for it. Was taken back by the large population of homeless in the area. There is a beautiful new pool which is set up for the twenty somethings, bands, bar etc. Did not meet anyone in the rv park even interested in using it, most sited the walk to it as the deterrent. The office staff is friendly but scattered. Hotel doesn't think having the rv office open past five is important. At the time of our visit in May the hotels intentions were to charge "resort fees" of 15.00 per day on top of the daily rate. That means we won't be going back. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

By office

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $22.00

We paid $22 but price is normally $35 and up. Spaces are wide, but not long enough for toad. No cable. WiFi was terrible. This was winter pricing. In June I believe they go up. Nothing special about this park in my opinion. Very nice hotel resort but they don't seem to care much about the RV park. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $50.00

Close to the airport so you will likely hear landing and takeoff into the early night. But I love planes so it was great. Nice space to put a 26 ft trailer and pickup beside it in back-in space. Was easy to find and get into. Close to the casino. Wish they provided rides between the park and the casino. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $36.00

The RV park itself isn't a "resort" by any means. The sites are concrete and flat, but no tables or fire pits. There is a little store (staff is VERY friendly and helpful) and a communal fire pit, the restrooms are clean and there is a laundry room, but that's about it as far as in-the-park amenities. There are also 30- and 50-amp service, strong wifi, but no cable tv. Location: The bad. The park is VERY close to the airport and the sound of planes landing and taking off is nearly continuous. Location: The good. The park is adjacent to the Grand Sierra Resort hotel and casino and as a tenant in the park, the resort amenities are available. Just a short walk away, you'll find the hotel's heated pool, jacuzzi, and many conversational gas-fire pits. There's also an aqua-golf facility on the lake next to the casino, which looks like lots of fun. The park is next to the Truckee River and a nice walking path meanders along the river. The casino is small, but well maintained and the staff are very friendly. The restaurants are quite good and reasonably priced. The GSR Club card provides immediate discounts and perks. The fitness facility is open to RVers and the day spa is very nice. All in all, the park itself is low on amenities but the casino has them all and it's a 3-minute walk away. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

I got kind of tricked on this deal, thought I had a comp night for staying here which I have used in the past only to get there and find out that it had expired, so rather than leave we stayed, their prices are pricey for this time of year. This campground we use for Hot August nights and we expect to pay high prices and we do and we usually don't stay here other than that time. But passing through I had to check some things out and anyway after pulling in and receiving my bill I was quite shocked . I have said it before and I'll say it again they basically just Band-Aid problems in the park till they become real issues and then they have to fix them. The park is pretty rundown, at least for the price that you are paying, but you do have access to all the casino pool, spa etc. All utilities work fine, no complaints there. Spots are long enough for a motorhome and tow vehicle attached, but they are getting a little out of alignment on the prices I think, especially for this late in the year. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

Construction around the pool area made getting into and out of the park difficult. Getting a bit dated but clean and well maintained. Watch for the 100 PSI water pressure if you don't have a regulater in your system. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Make the long loop around the Casino to get in and out of the park while the construction is going on. If you get on 580 north and don't want to go east or west on I80 get ready to cross 6 lanes of traffic to stay north on 580/395.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

This is got to be the worst casino park I have been to. Will say the power and water is good. Sites are far from level. This park for the price needs lots of work. Speed bumps all over the roads. You can not get anyone at the park to answer or call you back on the phone. Just a rundown park. Will not stay here again. Lots are not long enough. I have a 38' with tow and barely fit. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We always find this a convenient and clean place to stay and our time, last July, was no exception. Sites (especially pull-thru) are wide and long so we never feel like we are inches away from the next rig. Others have reported on the amenities at the hotel but I'll add two things. One is there is a large homeless population that lives on the river and some will occasionally wander or bike through the park. We had secured our bikes to the outside of the trailer but security warned us to keep a close eye on them and put everything (including outside chairs) out of sight when away for the day. Second, a heads up that we recently made reservations for late June, but just received an email saying that a $15 resort fee would now be added to the quoted rate due to the "upgrades" to the pool and other amenities. That will make our Friday night stay at least $75 before tax. A little high for an RV park, but we have no choice for that particular night. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

Are you affiliated with Grand Sierra Resort RV Park ?