Grand Sierra Resort RV Park

Reno, Nevada 89595

Elevation: 4428' (approximate)
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Cable or Satellite TV Hookup Cable or Satellite TV Hookup ?
  • Golfing Golfing yes
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $36.00

The RV park itself isn't a "resort" by any means. The sites are concrete and flat, but no tables or fire pits. There is a little store (staff is VERY friendly and helpful) and a communal fire pit, the restrooms are clean and there is a laundry room, but that's about it as far as in-the-park amenities. There are also 30- and 50-amp service, strong wifi, but no cable tv. Location: The bad. The park is VERY close to the airport and the sound of planes landing and taking off is nearly continuous. Location: The good. The park is adjacent to the Grand Sierra Resort hotel and casino and as a tenant in the park, the resort amenities are available. Just a short walk away, you'll find the hotel's heated pool, jacuzzi, and many conversational gas-fire pits. There's also an aqua-golf facility on the lake next to the casino, which looks like lots of fun. The park is next to the Truckee River and a nice walking path meanders along the river. The casino is small, but well maintained and the staff are very friendly. The restaurants are quite good and reasonably priced. The GSR Club card provides immediate discounts and perks. The fitness facility is open to RVers and the day spa is very nice. All in all, the park itself is low on amenities but the casino has them all and it's a 3-minute walk away. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

I got kind of tricked on this deal, thought I had a comp night for staying here which I have used in the past only to get there and find out that it had expired, so rather than leave we stayed, their prices are pricey for this time of year. This campground we use for Hot August nights and we expect to pay high prices and we do and we usually don't stay here other than that time. But passing through I had to check some things out and anyway after pulling in and receiving my bill I was quite shocked . I have said it before and I'll say it again they basically just Band-Aid problems in the park till they become real issues and then they have to fix them. The park is pretty rundown, at least for the price that you are paying, but you do have access to all the casino pool, spa etc. All utilities work fine, no complaints there. Spots are long enough for a motorhome and tow vehicle attached, but they are getting a little out of alignment on the prices I think, especially for this late in the year. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

This is got to be the worst casino park I have been to. Will say the power and water is good. Sites are far from level. This park for the price needs lots of work. Speed bumps all over the roads. You can not get anyone at the park to answer or call you back on the phone. Just a rundown park. Will not stay here again. Lots are not long enough. I have a 38' with tow and barely fit. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

Construction around the pool area made getting into and out of the park difficult. Getting a bit dated but clean and well maintained. Watch for the 100 PSI water pressure if you don't have a regulater in your system. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Make the long loop around the Casino to get in and out of the park while the construction is going on. If you get on 580 north and don't want to go east or west on I80 get ready to cross 6 lanes of traffic to stay north on 580/395.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

For Reno it wasn't bad. Safer than most places. Some large pot holes, noise from airport but with AC running not too bad. No one to enforce the rules but that seems pretty typical of most rv parks. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

Read other reviews. Cable locks 5/8"cut on neighbors bikes. Transients walk through day and night. Scary. Park was empty when we arrived then filled up for a convention. We saw multiple cable locks on neighbors furniture. Casino was clean. Pool great with new improvements coming. Cafe restaurant amazing and reasonable...other restaurants pricey. Deli bakery awesome! Laundry room clean. Great location for downtown but is super filthy. We were here for Reno Aces baseball. Park is clean. Just beware and keep stuff inside...maybe steel locks?Very sophisticated thieves. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

407 pullthru

Avoid downtown with children. Very sad homeless population on the streets. Town filthy. We walked down to Circus Circus which was amazingly nicer than Vegas! Clean. We ate twice at Cal Neva...food great for a budget...older casino. We parked their for free for ballpark. Get a players card to ensure free parking on nights with fireworks.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

Let's start with the cost - $45 is average as Fri & Sat were $50 and Thu and Sun were $40 - for a pull thru 30 amp FHU site. Be sure to factor in the taxes and fee - my window tag said a $18 "resort" fee and a $2 "tourism" fee would be added daily - though my receipt showed a 13% tax added on to the $40 or $50 so THAT might be something. The "resort"name comes from the Casino/Hotel (and all that it offers) but DOES NOT apply to the RV Park. I had plenty of space between myself and my two neighbors - however my curbside neighbor and HIS curbside neighbor had NO room at all and his awning would have touched the other's slide. The RV park is a glorified parking lot - the 50 amp sites were paved the others were gravel. Roads were all paved but had be weathered and were quite rough in spots. A few trees scattered around - sites had no table, patio or fire pit/ring. A significant problem arose when the row I was in lost power mid to late afternoon 4 separate times on 3 days of my stay. I fired up my generator and used it for a few hours before even checking to see if power had returned. One day I decided "heck with it" and walked to casino and finished watching the baseball game on the TV in the kid's arcade area - then went and played the slots for an hour. At check in about 1 PM the staff member couldn't get the computer working to print my door tag - and said he wasn't sure my site had been vacated as hadn't "done the check yet". Awful pricey for what I got. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

To be honest I didn't do much more than shop and visited the casino briefly

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here in a 40 foot 3 slide motorhome. The park is an old KOA park. The interior roads are all asphalt just a bare bones park next to the casino. Power was good, water pressure was high and had a warning to use pressure regulator. S short walk and you were alongside the river that flows past. Even tho in the city it was relatively free from street noise.There was a pass card to use the Casino pool. Wifi was ok, but slowed down in the evening. The park was convenient for anywhere in the Reno area. would stay again. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

Staff sent me first to a spot that was occupied. After that, they sent me to a different spot which was fine, just the whole thing added time. I'm glad I didn't arrive just before closing. They gave a military discount (10%) which I appreciate. They have changed their procedure and now, when you want to go to the casino, you have to wait at the laundry room for the GSR pickup car. Once an hour on the 1/2 hour. And while I'm sitting there, the guy drives up, goes right by and doesn't even slow down! Waving at him did no good. Had to call the dispatch to get him to come back. But overall, not a bad park. The Wifi was much better this time compared to 3 years ago when I stayed for a couple months. I'd say it's more than adequate now. I did try to use the bathrooms but twice I needed assistance with the card to get inside. They just do not work well. Same as 3 years ago. If it wasn't for the kindness of strangers, I'd still be trying to get inside. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

I'd recommend the place for a night or two, especially for the nice buffet they have, but don't bother to gamble, they've really tightened things up so there are hardly any winners. AND, what use to be $5 BJ tables are now $10 per hand and up.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $31.00

We stayed for 9 days. This park isn't a resort in my opinion. All I can say is it will do. Lots to see in Reno. The Park is in need of cleaning up. The roads were pretty bad, Lots of big holes. But, it was all we could find at the time. Lots of construction workers staying in the park. Our site was on the end and I liked it. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

It's Reno, lots of fun things to do. I liked the big outlet store. Lets say we did some major shopping while we were there. Some pretty good buffets if you like buffets. The Grand Sierra was very good. I also won a few dollars in the casino.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $30.00

Park is big rig friendly. We made reservations at the last minute and arrived after the office had closed. There was a map on the door with our site number. There are two sections to this park. One is closer to the hotel and the roads in that section are a little better than the back section. The roads in the back section are not in good shape and have a lot of potholes. Our particular site was not level and we had to use blocks. It was a pull-through, but we had to unhook the car so that we wouldn't be in the roadway. Sites are close together. We had a 30 amp site and the services worked as expected. Verizon data and cell worked well. There are a number of permanent residents in the park, some sites looked nicer than others. We probably would not stay again. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $3.00

Pull through is wide enough to park my tow vehicle, paved,level,quit well maintained. The attendant in the office is very good with the costumers. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The Harrier auto museum, Old town Reno and a visit to Virginia city,

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $47.00

Typical casino RV park. Cement pads, landscaping, and short riverwalk nearby. The hotel/casino has shopping, pool, & restaurants. There were many homeless encampments along the river within 50 yards of the park, and we were cautioned to keep our belongings locked up. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Check out the go-karts and golf driving range at the Grand Sierra.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $56.00

The park was convenient to town but needs updating. Most sites have a black top pad and adequate width between sites for a tow vehicle. Some sites are a little short. Very few trees which you would expect in Nevada. Staff told us they would be updating next year. I would recommend a sound wall along the busy street and a cabana and picnic table for each site. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots to do in Reno!

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

First off we had to wait about 20 min for the office to open as he was the only one working and it was his supper break- it was ok though. nice RV park, lots of campers there. They have shuttles available but we walked to the casino after getting set up. Ate supper at Johnny Rockets (will do a review) EXCELLENT food! I played video poker for a couple of hours and actually cashed out $320. (made $200.00) I have gotten all kinds of offers for free hotel rooms since we have been home but we are too far away. The campground was good, don't know if there were showers or bathrooms because we did not need them. Would stay here again.

They had very nice sites for big rigs, they cost a bit more. Ours was smaller but was good. We were close to the casino. Walked across the parking lot and we were there. I would stay here again, if in the area. We camped at Grand Sierra Resort RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nice casino Johnny Rocket's was fantastic.

Are you affiliated with Grand Sierra Resort RV Park ?