3 Poor

Tonopah, Nevada 89049

• Pets Allowed Pets Allowed no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Joy Land RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $7.00

Guess I should have read the reviews first!! I pulled into what looked like a gravel open lot. There were a few pull-thru - I took one of them and tried my surge protector at the power post. And then I tried all the other power posts - no electric at all. No one was there - except probably people in the ancient, raggedy RVs. I called the number on the sign and the guy showed up after I had everything leveled and unhooked. He said there was no power because it was turned off because he was evicting people - pointing to the corner where 2 RVs shared a wire cage around their rigs. I wanted to spend time here and I had already set up - after a long trip. I made a deal with the guy for a really discounted rate - figuring I was only using water, sewer and space. Fortunately, I have solar and it was easier to stay than move. Every day when I came home, I was happy to see my 5th wheel still there, as well as my solar panels. Dogs were barking all the time, one night until almost 10 PM. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

unknown

There is BLM land south of Tonopah that I went to after a few days. It's adjacent to the BLM office and easy to find. The road in is well-graveled,

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $13.00

The good: Cost for full hookup was 12.50 total for the night. Passport America Rate. The bad: Driving down the small road to the park should have been my clue to stay elsewhere in Tonopah. The park has several new power posts placed in a large gravel lot, but the only ONE that has actual power to it is "jumpered" from a laundromat. At least that is what the man called the building. He said there was no 50 amp power to the plug, only 40 amp, and he advised only running one appliance. He said if the plug kicked out, the breaker box was unlocked, and I could reset it or call him and he would come down and do it. He pointed to the 3 full time rigs parked very close and said if they bothered us, call him, he would kick them out. The three rigs were not drivable, had trash piled in front of and around, had pit bull dogs in fences and one was only a truck bed with camper, but a 110 power cord ran through the window. We should have driven away, but we stayed and were not robbed or hurt which was our concern in this area. Power situation not good. Sewer dump had a cap on it, but the cap had no center in it so the hole was open. Water pressure was low. We would never stay here again. Two other much nicer options in town, regardless of the price. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $13.00

Although the electricity seemed reliable and the campsite was fairly level, not much else was good about this place. Restroom/laundry facility, while a fairly new and decent building, was filthy beyond imagination. Strange place with three different lots spread out along a road in a quite run down part of this little town. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $10.00

We didn't actually stay here although we had planned to as the web site of this site looked good. When we arrived we realised it was just a small gravel lot with broken everything and felt very scary to be honest . Looked terrible and no-one else there at all. A sinister looking man came out of a nearby house presumably to ask us for money but we had quickly decided that we would turn around and get out of there!! Would not recommend the drive to this place - avoid it!!!! We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Joy Land RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $12.00

Needed to stop for the night in Tonopah and knew that there are really only 2 locations for a motor home ... Joy Land and the Casino. The Casino spaces are completely filled with permanent rigs. don't even bother to look. We got to Joy Land and managed to swing into the drive next to the building marked "Office" at what I now know to be "Lot 1". There is a bell to ring for service, but you don't hear anything because it rings at the house across the road. The manager, came out promptly and checked us in.

If you have a large rig (we have a 40' coach w/ toad) DO NOT pull into this lot. Stay on the side of the street. We needed to unhitch to get back out. the place with "pull-thru" spaces is another half mile down the road! The spaces are gravel, level and there are maybe 5 of them. The power (50 or 30 amp) was good and the boxes seemed new, although we made sure to use our surge protector. We did not try the water or sewer connections. There are NO amenities of any kind. This is just a place to stop for the night. It is quiet and we had no disturbances ... that is the best I can say. For the price, I cannot complain. We used Passport America for the 50% discount. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $13.00

Rate reflects Passport America discount. Pull through site are in lot #3. Lot 1 and 2 seemed to be used for storage. The pull through site we were assigned was fairly level. Water, electricity, and sewer hookups were all functional. Laundry room had trash all over the floor and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned for quite sometime. We won't be coming back to this one. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $12.00

What can I say, everything bad all the previous reviewers said is true. The sites are not level, very narrow, wires are hanging out. On a positive note the 50 Amp power did work. Pull-through sites are not at the park, but down the road. We only stayed because there was nowhere else to go. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $18.00

Horrible! Although listed in Passport America, they refused that discount. Pull thru sites were half mile away, with no further directions as to which site to take etc. Barking dogs everywhere, lots of junky, broken down trailers. Wouldn't stay there again if you paid us. Not much else to choose from in Tonepah, NV. Scary place! We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $10.00

Stayed here for 4 days while doing some geocaching in the area. My price was the Passport America rate and, while this park is nothing to write home about, it was perfectly adequate for my needs. It was a place to park with full hookups. All that I needed. It was quiet, too. I would stay here again. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $10.00

This place is scary. It's not an RV park as much as a dirt field with hookups (bare wires hanging out) surrounded by broken down cars and barking dogs. The ONLY reason we stayed is the fact that we were having engine problems and trying to get to the Freightliner shop in Sparks, NV. The owner (we think) came around late in the evening in a broken down old pick up to collect his $10. We gave him cash - no paperwork - just wanted to be anywhere else. We'd drive till midnight to avoid this place if possible. We did not feel safe and couldn't get out soon enough. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $10.00

Tonopah – 7/22 $10 PA, it’s a gravel lot with W-E-S – it’s a place to stay overnight. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2012 - $12.00

Stayed here under Passport America. Campground itself is in what looks like poor area of town, not looking too safe. Not much of a campground but for overnight was OK. Great Outdoor Mining Museum there, very interesting, best we have seen so far. Not much else in town for RV parking, but would not stay here again unless had too. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $10.00

This park was $10.00 night. Full hookups. No cable TV. No Wi-Fi. Didn't use the laundry or showers. For $10.00 it was ok. A lot of noise until after midnight. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $10.00

I would rather be broke down on the side of the road! This is a gravel lot in a shaky neighborhood. Advertises cable TV, but then tells you the company has been "out of business" for over a year once you get here. This place is a dump. Overpriced at $10.00. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $20.00

We stayed here 1 night while passing through Tonopah on our way to Las Vegas. It is located in a really poor part of town with junky yards and houses on a mostly dirt road. The campground is not well maintained. Not all things listed on their ad or business card are available. We would never stay there again. We camped at Joy Land RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Joy Land RV Park

Are you affiliated with Joy Land RV Park ?